Ladies and Gentlemen: MewTHREE! (Or Possibly Mewtwo)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89939/new-mewtwo-esque-pokemon-officially-revealed/

Yes folks, this Mewtwo looking Pokemon has been officially confirmed for Pokemon X/Y. Not only that, but this new creature will be a part of the next Pokemon Film, where Mewtwo and Genesect are apparently rivals. What hasn't been confirmed is if this is a new form of Mewtwo or if this is Mewthree (Because as we all know, Mewtwo is a clone of Mew).

So, what are your thoughts on this new Pokemon?

I hope it gets a better name than "Mewthree". That just isn't very good. Otherwise, I'm rather indifferent to it. It isn't horrible, but it isn't great either. Pretty much the same as my opinion on Mewtwo, actually.

I thought it was kind of stupid when I first heard, but the design looks nice and I like that they're trying to bridge the new and the old. Fennekin > Froakie >> "Mewthree" >>> Sylveon >>>>>> Chespin, in my opinion (although starter's evolutions make them subject to change.)

Captcha: chocolate milk

Chocolate milk is important.

Its not very um...
Well....look at it this way, it could have been way worse. We might have gotten a repeat of Lickilicky or Rhyperior

I doubt it's a new form of Mewtwo. If it is I'll be dissapointed.

Going by design alone I'm gonna say it's a failed (or perhaps not) experiment to recreate Mewtwo, given it's less defined features such as it's fingers and toes just coming out of it's arms and legs. Mewtwo had actual hands and feet. Plus it looks smaller.

Also if it's called Mewthree I'll facepalm and groan, because that's a stupid name.

Wow. I've never been excited about a legendary in one of the games (I mean barring when I was like 8 years old) but that plucked all of my nostalgia strings at once.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
I doubt it's a new form of Mewtwo. If it is I'll be dissapointed.

Going by design alone I'm gonna say it's a failed (or perhaps not) experiment to recreate Mewtwo, given it's less defined features such as it's fingers and toes just coming out of it's arms and legs. Mewtwo had actual hands and feet. Plus it looks smaller.

Also if it's called Mewthree I'll facepalm and groan, because that's a stupid name.

Would that make it a Mewtation?

Luca72:
Would that make it a Mewtation?

... That's terrible.

... The worst thing is now that I can imagine them calling it that...

... egh...

It's mewtwos new form. I really don't have anything bad or good to say about it. It's stats are probably going to be Sky High though.

Really, nothing on the X/Y list has beaten the awesomeness that is.....

YVELTAL

You say Mewthree, but all I see is an even lamer Lucario...

Terminate421:
YVELTAL

Yeap. Looks like Pokémon Y's sales are going to vastly outnumber Pokémon X's.

Why do all the pokemon outside of the original 150 or so look totally retarded. Granted some of the 150 look retarded but still.

synobal:
Why do all the pokemon outside of the original 150 or so look totally retarded. Granted some of the 150 look retarded but still.

Generalization, much? What exactly even is a "retarded" look?

Luca72:

Mewtation

You bastard...
In all seriousness though, I think that could be a pretty servicable name.

To be honest I just want to catch some pokemons and have a fun time, I don't really care to much as long as there are 6 fun ones i can use. I think there's one thats a big nose or something now. Think ill get me one of those.

synobal:

I thought Gold and Silver had decent Pokemon. Some the original 150 weren't very clever either. But at least it's not Black/White bad.

Yup. A goddamn ice cream cone.

Clearly that isn't a new form of mewtwo, or this 'mewthree'
It looks like Mewtwo, Final Form Freeza and Majin Buu had a threesome and this was the magically conceived hellspawn that resulted.

It shall be called - Majin Mewbuu

I actually like the B/W generation pokemon as a 'lot' more than most recent lots. I'm not defending the icecream pokemon, and the garbage bag pokemon is one you just kind of stare at and blink and go 'really?', but it's also got some of my personal favorites thusfar.

Row Row Crunch the Powah!

Terminate421:
It's mewtwos new form. I really don't have anything bad or good to say about it. It's stats are probably going to be Sky High though.

Really, nothing on the X/Y list has beaten the awesomeness that is.....

YVELTAL

NNNNGHHH... seriously, I LOVE this design. Finally a legendary I dig whole-heartedly and it's not a freaking dragon (at least I hope so)

OT: yaaay, my poke-boner just got a bit harder. kinda hope it's a new pokemon but I somehow suspect it's a new forme (fuck do I hate that word) for mewtwo.

Reminds me of Majin Buu from Dragonball Z...

...either way, I don't like it.

Looks more like a de-evolution of mewtwo. Which...isn't technically possible imo but I wouldn't put it behind the cartoon's creators to think up a way for it to be possible.

Maybe if a mew and mewtwo 'played' in the daycare? >.>

x-Tomfoolery-x:

And history shows that Ash lost all hope of becoming a Pokémon master when the dumbass ate his last Pokémon.

YingDerpington:
It looks like Mewtwo, Final Form Freeza and Majin Buu had a threesome and this was the magically conceived hellspawn that resulted.

I hear Mew Bu, and all I can think is "Stay away from the Mew Lao gate!"

Sorry for crossing references, but I really couldn't resist.

Plus, the crossover's not all that far fetched.

Zachary Amaranth:

x-Tomfoolery-x:

And history shows that Ash lost all hope of becoming a Pokémon master when the dumbass ate his last Pokémon.

YingDerpington:

I hear Mew Bu, and all I can think is "Stay away from the Mew Lao gate!"

Sorry for crossing references, but I really couldn't resist.

Plus, the crossover's not all that far fetched.

FINALLY! All those years of playing the Dynasty Warriors games and studying ancient chinese history have paid off! I understand someones reference!!! I can already picture all the stuff... Mew Meng, Zhou Mew, Dong Mewo, Mew Ying, Guan Mew, Mew Bei... ENDLESS POSSIBILITY

Looks more like Mew-and-a-half than a Mewthree tbh.

synobal:

That may be the worst generalization I have ever read. Please leave and never come back.

So it's the result of a terrible failed experiment were Mewtwo's tail ended up in the back of it's skull?

Well, I guess that's something...

I'm getting a major DBZ vibe from this guy. Interesting...

Semudara:
I'm getting a major DBZ vibe from this guy. Interesting...

That's because it's the secret lovechild of Majin Buu and Frieza...

Actually, I quite like its design.

... Anyone else thinking "Newtwo for smash bros. 4"?

Innegativeion:

... Anyone else thinking "Newtwo for smash bros. 4"?

Yes, actually. I guess this is Nintendo's way of compromising with the Melee Mewtwo fans, and the Brawl Lucario fans: Have a Mewtwo-like and Lucario-like Pokemon.

Mewthree is retarded.
Seeing as Genesect was the result of more genetic engineering, this Pokemon could be Mewtwo engineered to have no Y chromosome.

I actually really like this pokemon Mewtwo is in my top 3 legendaries and this guy looks to be from somewhere between Mew and Mewtwo. I will be pissed of its a special form of Mewtwo that you can make him change into like Deoxys that would be pointless.

I think I'd prefer this guy more if he were a wholly new pokemon and he was an aqua colour or something, the "oh wow its a clone" feeling wore off after we'd all seen the first movie. This isn't new its just a continuation of an old idea, which is a shame because the new game looks like it will be introducing a lot since its on the 3ds.

Still I like this new monster and I like all the others I have seen thus far so I'm hopeful for X and Y.

x-Tomfoolery-x:
I thought Gold and Silver had decent Pokemon. Some the original 150 weren't very clever either. But at least it's not Black/White bad.

Yup. A goddamn ice cream cone.

Do you know who absolutely loves ice cream in the Pokemon universe?

So yeah, Vanillite's pretty cool.

OT: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if there is a new type coming to the world of Pokemon, then this Mewtwo-like 'mon is going to be a dual type Psychic/New type. I recognize some of the attacks - Energy Ball, Psycho Cut, Blizzard and perhaps Focus Blast - so it looks like this Pokemon is going to know a variety of powerful attacks.

I didn't like it very much at first when I saw the leaked pictures but after seeing it in game and some better pics, it starts to look pretty good to me. I think what puts me off a bit, is that it looks so similar to Mewtwo but has Mewtwo's tail on its head, which looks a bit weird to me because it's been a tail for me since the games were first released all those years ago. It really does look a bit like Majin Buu.

I'd prefer it if this wasn't a new form of Mewtwo but a new pokemon that was also created from Mew's genes (please don't call it Mewthree). Doesn't a new form usually mean that the stats change a bit? For example, instead of high attack, high defense. Maybe this pokemon has higher attack or defense than Mewtwo but it doesn't really look like a physical Pokemon and the attacks it used in that video don't look so either (but I'm not sure what kind of attacks it used). I don't know, I think it's a bit pointless to give Mewtwo a new form.

It hasn't been confirmed either way, so let's wait and see.

Edit: One more thing, people have been speculating that the new games might have something to do with DNA and genes due to the double helix in the logo. Mewtwo would definitely fit that theme.

I not going to lie, when I was browsing deviantart yesterday, I saw some pics of this guy and I thought, "Oh, that's some nice fanart". Come to find out that it was actually real this afternoon! Felt really awkward. I mean, the picture I saw WAS fanart (pretty good fanart I thought), but I didn't think this Mewthree was a real design.

If this isn't a new form, I wonder if they would really call this Mewthree? Probably not since I always thought that was a bit weird name to say, but you never know.

I think it would be more interesting if this IS Mewthree, but it has different forms similar to Deoxys. If you get one version, Mewthree looks more masculine, the other more feminine. I only say that cause that picture of him above just doesn't scream out "I'm a boy". Then again, you never know with Pokemon, and its very possible that they will just make it genderless. Just my little idea. Guess I find the design to just be a bit weird, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Don't know why I'm so surprised at a Mewthree, I always assumed the just didn't want to touch Mewtwo (or any further incarnations of him) at all since he is such a classic or something. Still, I like this news!

... I do not like this thing. Another clone, an evolution, a new forme, I don't care what it is, I don't like it.

It looks to me that they took the idea of Freiza from DBZ and applied it to Mewtwo. Honestly, I don't care much for the redesign, but it's livable.

That remind me I should create an OC Thread for Pokemon games.
Because we have pokemons like them created by fans:

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked