24.6% (16)
No
46.2% (30)
46.2% (30)
Don't own the game
29.2% (19)
29.2% (19)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter's Upgrade Pack: Will you buy it?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well Escapists, The Borderlands 2 content pack that will add 11 more levels and extra Eridium carrying capacity is upon us! Question is, will you pay US$8.99 for something that, in my opinion, should have been in the game to start with, or at least, have been made free of charge, seeing as how it isn't just gear or storylines, but levels, and thusly skills?

I already got the season pass when it was on sale a while back so I think I'll get it anyway.

I've already been playing it for the past few days. I have the season pass so I got the level bump automatically. Now, is it worth $8.99? If you really like Borderlands 2, are seeking a new challenge and don't mind replaying the game again, then yes. Otherwise, save your cash.

EDIT: I didn't answer your poll because none of the options pertain to me.

hazabaza1:
I already got the season pass when it was on sale a while back so I think I'll get it anyway.

Yeah, I have Borderlands 2, but didn't get the Season Pass, mainly becuase I didn't anticipate something like this.

Nope. I have the game and I bought the season pass. I bought it so i will get all the DLCs that will come out, and it really pisses me off that they decided not to include it in the pass.
I know they only promised the 4 DLCs put the name "season pass" implies to me that I would get everything, like most GOTY editions. ( i am talking about the new character)
I learned my lesson and I am never going to buy a season pass again and just wait for the GOTY edition when it goes on sale.

Costia:
Nope. I have the game and I bought the season pass. I bought it so i will get all the DLCs that will come out, and it really pisses me off that they decided not to include it in the pass.
I know they only promised the 4 DLCs put the name "season pass" implies to me that I would get everything, like most GOTY editions. ( i am talking about the new character)
I learned my lesson and I am never going to buy a season pass again and just wait for the GOTY edition when it goes on sale.

Wait, didn't they include it with the season pass?
I have the pass and got both the level increase and UVHM for free.

I could have lived without it though. It seems like GB unfortunately listens to those special kind of folks who think a game isn't hard enough even if it deletes your save when you die, steals all the food from your pantry, and empties your bank account.

So unless you are one of those special people who enjoy being punched in the groin, you probably won't care for it.

piinyouri:

Costia:

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/310933054405353472

Randy Pitchford:

Season Pass is 4 original campaign add-ons. Both Gaige the Mechromancer and this new character are separate.

the UVHM is the level increase, the new character is separate. Is it even out yet?

Still holding out for the GotY edition they'll inevitably put out, personally...

Although I've poured 16.5 hours into Borderlands 2 this week alone, I'm in no hurry to buy the Ultimate Vault Hunter's Upgrade Pack.

There's still so much in the game I haven't seen or done yet, and I'm nowhere near the old level cap, so I'm in no rush to raise it any higher.

Also, seeing as UVHM seems to be so tailored at co-operative play, I'm not sure I'll buy it at all; spending money for something which only really works when you play with other people isn't particularly ideal when you don't know an awful lot of people who play the game to begin with.

I picked up the season pass so I got it free.

Costia:

piinyouri:

Costia:

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/310933054405353472

Randy Pitchford:

Season Pass is 4 original campaign add-ons. Both Gaige the Mechromancer and this new character are separate.

the UVHM is the level increase, the new character is separate. Is it even out yet?

Sorry, I thought you meant the DLC. No the character won't be out till May and yeah I will have to pay for him.
My apologies.

I'll have to check how much content you actually get with it.

The DLC packs for the original were pretty much expansion packs. Loads of content at a reasonable price.

I've not been so impressed with Borderlands 2's DLC so far.

If you have the season pass then the UVHM pack is free. I didn't realize that it upgraded how much eridium you could carry though. Anyone know what the new limit is on that?

darkcalling:
If you have the season pass then the UVHM pack is free. I didn't realize that it upgraded how much eridium you could carry though. Anyone know what the new limit is on that?

500 eridium I belive, and of course theres new upgrades that come with it (More ammo and space for bank I think).

I bought the game played it through and then sold it on. If I'd chosen to keep it then I doubt I'd have bought this. It'd need more than what it has in it to keep me interested. If they'd made a new perk tree for each class or something, that'd be interesting.

Also, they claimed a while back that increasing the cap couldn't be done without breaking the game. So what changed?

I probably wouldn't in the end, but I really loved Borderlands 2 and got the season pass, so I didn't have to pay for the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.
I will admit, it does seem a tad ridiculous in difficulty which does kind of annoy me. That, and scaling to the highest level player. My one friend who plays it has way more free time than me and already has a level 61, so I can't play with him unless I want to be a corpse more than 75% of the time.

Legion:
I bought the game played it through and then sold it on. If I'd chosen to keep it then I doubt I'd have bought this. It'd need more than what it has in it to keep me interested. If they'd made a new perk tree for each class or something, that'd be interesting.

Also, they claimed a while back that increasing the cap couldn't be done without breaking the game. So what changed?

They made a new difficulty to try and combat that. They seemed to have overcompensated a little however.

Yeah I bought it. They made it hard; I like it.

Getting through it fine so far, but sooner or later my gear is going to get stale. Not sure what I'm going to do without an up to date Bee shield.

I've got the season pass, but I haven't even reached level 50 yet so it's going to be a while before I'll need to download it.

If I didn't have the season pass and I was maxed out I still don't think I'd bother purchasing it. More levels isn't all that important to me and I've heard TVH mode is difficult enough as it is. Maybe if it was cheaper.

Increased Eridium Carrying capacity?
What's the point? I'd already bought all of the upgrades and got my carry amount maxed out before I finished basic mode.
Unless they added more uses for it that I didn't know about?

Fucking. Nope. It's outrageous, overpriced, and Borderlands 1 packaged a level bump in one of their DLC's.
Now, Gearbox is one of the few developers I will defend, and I will say that from the sounds of things, it was a very difficult thing for them to include/code. But $9 is a little high for a level cap increase.

I thought the price for the addon was 4.99 not 9.99? Regardless, I wouldn't have gotten if it hadn't come with my season pass. I would rather it have been rolled into the next dlc imo.

As for what actually came with it. playing the new difficulty is annoying because the enemies health regens stupid fast. It made the early quest to collect bullymong fur stupidly obnoxious. If that is what the real difficulty lies, I think I'm just gonna pass on continuing the playthrough.

I got the season pass, so I have it for free!

But I think it sucks.

It's completely broken and borderline unplayable.
I've ground out all the best guns and shield for my playstyle and I can't get past "Cleaning up the Berg" mission

I got it for free as I have the season pass.

It shouldn't have cost so much though, it should have been free or at the very least part of a new DLC.

Got the DLC with the Season Pass so didn't answer the OP's poll.

Is it worth $9? Yes, if only for the damn Eridium upgrades. I'm a solo player so the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is a real pain in the ass, but it is nice levelling now while farming. Almost makes never getting the drops I want okay... almost.

WoW Killer:
Yeah I bought it. They made it hard; I like it.

Getting through it fine so far, but sooner or later my gear is going to get stale. Not sure what I'm going to do without an up to date Bee shield.

Slag slag slag, my friend. My brother and I have played through some of it, and both of us noticed that you have to be somewhat more tactical with UVHM. There was actually a challenge in defeating Captain Flynt and that pleased both me and my brother. We're definitely looking forward to the BN-K3R and Angel fights, as we expect a LOT of rage deaths from the latter of the two.

Solo playing is even MORE difficult if you're not adequately prepared. Fortunately, my Commando and his double shielded rocket turrets manage just fine when he's doing the slagging. However, when you reach level 59 or 60, you can have two end tree skills active. So, when that happens I imagine lots of death being dealt by me with double rocket SLAG turrets.

OH, my brother and I also managed to snag a couple of "Ancient" E-tech level relics. The one he got raises maximum health, SMG and Shotgun ammo while mine gave me an increase to Shock damage and Cooldown rate. I highly believe my Shockromancer's gonna like that one.

I got the season pass when Amazon was selling it for $10 a few days ago. Not at 50 yet, so I don't know what it's like. It currently costs $5 though, so it's not too expensive.

New Troll:
Got the DLC with the Season Pass so didn't answer the OP's poll.

Is it worth $9? Yes, if only for the damn Eridium upgrades. I'm a solo player so the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is a real pain in the ass, but it is nice levelling now while farming. Almost makes never getting the drops I want okay... almost.

Actually the Eridium upgrades are free.

CrazyCapnMorgan:
Slag slag slag, my friend. My brother and I have played through some of it, and both of us noticed that you have to be somewhat more tactical with UVHM. There was actually a challenge in defeating Captain Flynt and that pleased both me and my brother. We're definitely looking forward to the BN-K3R and Angel fights, as we expect a LOT of rage deaths from the latter of the two.

Solo playing is even MORE difficult if you're not adequately prepared. Fortunately, my Commando and his double shielded rocket turrets manage just fine when he's doing the slagging. However, when you reach level 59 or 60, you can have two end tree skills active. So, when that happens I imagine lots of death being dealt by me with double rocket SLAG turrets.

OH, my brother and I also managed to snag a couple of "Ancient" E-tech level relics. The one he got raises maximum health, SMG and Shotgun ammo while mine gave me an increase to Shock damage and Cooldown rate. I highly believe my Shockromancer's gonna like that one.

Hell yes to slag. My Maya's using Harmony spec for that melee Slag ball thing. If you've got a way to slag enemies without swapping weapons around, go for it. It's just about the best upgrade you can put on your characters these days.

I'm not totally dependent on the Bee, but I wouldn't want to drop it. Without the amp damage I'm having to stack the Slag Ball together with Phase Lock (for Wreck and Chain Reaction) just to do any kind of damage, and there's some mobs immune to the latter. So yeah, 33k shields at level 55 isn't looking so hot. And I know full well I'm not going to get to Helquist before I hit cap again.

Yes: 33.3% (11)

No: 33.3% (11)

Don't own the game: 33.3% (11)

Awesome :D

OT: No, I won't buy it. If I ever feel I want the DLC for BL2 I'll buy a future collectors edition. Haven't bought any DLC at all since Dragon Age three-four years ago.

The boyfriend has the Season Pass so he (and by extension, I/me) got it for free. A bit pissed that it doesn't come with any achievements though.

EHKOS:
Fucking. Nope. It's outrageous, overpriced, and Borderlands 1 packaged a level bump in one of their DLC's.
Now, Gearbox is one of the few developers I will defend, and I will say that from the sounds of things, it was a very difficult thing for them to include/code. But $9 is a little high for a level cap increase.

That does sound a little high. I got it with the season pass but if I didn't I don't think I would've paid that much for it. Maybe half that.
Then again, I've only just started the new mode. Is there anything special about it besides being harder? You also get 11 more levels and the new Pearlecent guns right? Those actually could make it worth the price if they drop more frequently than they did in Gen Knoxx. If it weren't for other players' generosity, I would've never gotten one, and I killed Crawmax quite a few times.

9 bucks for cap increase? Woof. No thanks. Oh, but I got it free with my season pass.

Well, I guess I'm getting my initial money's worth for the season pass. Even if it's because they're overcharging the hell out of things, otherwise.

WoW Killer:
Yo snippity

The Bee shield, I've found, is an even riskier tactic to use now that the enemies have a significant HP and power increase. True, having a Bee shield is definitely an advantage, but I think the people at Gearbox finally realized an effective means to combating its over use. I'm currently going through UVHM with my brother's Gunzerker and my Siren and I'm highly contemplating maxing both the Cataclysm and Harmony trees for Ruin and Scorn, respectively. Having both options for slagging foes REALLY seems like a good idea. Same goes for the Commando and his slag turret.

Captcha: sting like a bee.

Yeah, Captchas are now playing Borderlands 2, as well.

Like many others, I have the season pass, which I also happened to buy on sale. Since I'm getting it free, I'll get it. If I was asked to pay money?

HEEEEEEEEEELL NO.

CrazyCapnMorgan:
I'm highly contemplating maxing both the Cataclysm and Harmony trees for Ruin and Scorn, respectively. Having both options for slagging foes REALLY seems like a good idea.

No Converge that way though. I'm going for Scorn + Converge with the rest in Cataclysm (think that gets you to 4/5 Reaper). That also means I can max Ward, which I think is *really* overpowered. That's actually the reason I'm still getting away with the Bee. It's got a super fast recharge but a long delay, but then I'm cutting the delay by 80% through Ward (using a Legendary mod for +5). I've tried using it on other characters but it's just not the same. That delay reduction turns it into a very usable shield (ignoring the level deficit since I'm not going to find an upgrade for a while :/).

I've seen some people going for a similar build but with Ruin instead of Scorn, i.e. Ruin + Converge then the rest in Harmony. That sounds like it'll work out nicely too. The advantage of Ruin is you can cut the cooldown to some crazy low levels, like 7 or 8 seconds or something, while Scorn remains at 18 seconds unless you're wasting a relic slot to shorten it (I'm using Blood of the Seraph's there); don't think there's any other gear that shortens it anyway. I like Scorn a lot though, it's got a massive area of effect, and the Slag seems to last as long as the cooldown. The real big advantage of Scorn: you can use it in fight-for-your-life. That's saved me more times than I can be bothered to count to.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked