So, is the Bioshock: Infinite Honeymoon period finally over?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I thought it was pretty damn good but I am not sure I am going to bother with a replay also some of the textures made me laugh like the flat oranges and fruits as the OP pointed out it reminds me of the older PC games where everything was just wallpapered on, it looked shit then and it looks shit now.

One thing that kept popping up and annoyed me throughout was the baffling seeming inaccuracy of the pointer I would point it at some coins to pick up or some safe to open and it wouldnt register I would have to try and adjust where I was standing and the angle I was looking from to get it to highlight it. In the final battle it even got me killed as the idiot would not get on the skyrail despite being in range and me looking straight at it.

Also why does the square button do so much it tripped itself up in more hectic moment when you are trying to reload and elizabeth throws things at you or you accidentally pick up another weapon instead of one of the above.

I prefer the original Bioshock but am glad they got rid of any shitty hacking mini game I also preferred Tomb Raider over Infinite I just got more fun out of it which surprised me.

Elizabeth I generally liked but by gods did she piss me off sometimes standing in the door way stopping me from getting out and at one point she actually walked me into a corner took me about 30 seconds to jump my way around the stupid creature.

Anyway overall great game but hardly the high points for games as far as I am concerned.

Well, we can certainly discuss the games flaws, but we could ALWAYS do that. There's no "Honeymoon Period". The game isn't perfect, but I still love the hell out of it. Anyway, the biggest flaws as I see it are:

-Yeah, some textures are pretty damn awful.
-A lot of the story is expanded and explained better through voxophones, which can be pretty easy to miss. (Almost done with my second playthrough, still missing 20 of the damn things)
-Some of Booker and Elizabeth's dialogs do seem pretty forced and out-of-nowhere, like when Elizabeth starts talking about her finger. That one feels kind of nitpicky to me, though. But it is something I noticed.
-The story meanders for a bit in the middle.
-Having Elizabeth drag me to safe spot and revive me with unlimited magic needles, even I just fell off the damn city, tends to break the immersion just a little.
-Songbird's role isn't nearly as fleshed out as I would've liked.
-Not gonna lie, I do miss Bioshock's "natural ecosystem" each level had, between the Big Daddies, Splicers, Security devices, and more inventive weapons at the player's disposal. But hey, they DID tell us not to expect "Just Bioshock in the sky".
-None of the villains stick out to me quite as much as someone like Sander Cohen or Andrew Ryan. Comstock's not BAD per se, but he's not quite as good.

I think that's all I got. Again, I still love the game, but I'm perfectly willing to discuss it's flaws. You know, because I'm a rational human being.

Nowhere Man:

Michael Lapierre:

Try just enjoying, and don't rely on cynical afterthoughts to ruin the fun. (The payoff on pessimism is nothing compared to the payoff on optimism, and we just made a significant step forward in what games can be...More than mechanics alone, more than story alone.)
If you want 'perfection' you will find it in the consistent behaviours of the spoiled Fanboys...

THIS. A million times over. Maybe it's because I'm an older gamer myself (late 30's) and have been gaming since the Atari days when I was a wee lad, but I really do see a cynical trend with modern gaming culture. And I thought *I* was the cynical bastard.

Eh, cynicism always feels more like laziness to me. It's similar to offering unerring praise. People don't seem to find (or want to find) a middle ground.

Whatever, I don't care. I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite a whole bunch and I'm not about to change my mind.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Zhukov:
Nope.

Excellent game, looking forward to playing it again.

I'm not saying it was perfect, I had my gripes here and there, but it was by far and above the best game I've played recently, will probably be the best game I play this year, and has one of the best stories and settings I've ever seen in a game, period.

Instant personal all time top-10 material.

I hate to agree with Zhukov because... Zhukov...

Wait... what?

Have I argued with you recently? Your avatar isn't familiar.

IllumInaTIma:
It's okay that more and more people come and criticize the game. It really is good. But what I hate is that "WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THOSE 10/10 PEOPLE?! IT'S NOT PERFECT!". No shit! Of course it's not perfect! Even at Destructoid, right beneath the 10/10 there's little "10/10 are not perfect games" note.

BUT 10/10 REVIEWS ARE INVALID! MY OPINION IS BETTER BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH A 10/10 SCORE!

Even the criticism from TB and Angry Joe are personal opinion. Just because someone didn't like the game as much as other reviewers it doesn't mean that a 10/10 score is invalid.

OT: Nope. Played it yesterday and still very much liked it. One of my personal favorite in a while. Flaws? Sure, but none that hurt my overall experience.

Watched the videos and I agree with most of the points made.
I talked with a few friends during my play thru and after all of us finished the game and most seem to share that they think its good game but it is not some sort of "video game Jesus" many seem to make it out to be.
My critique is mostly limited to the gun play. I just think it rather uninteresting. The Vigors are not that "useful" in term to change the actually gameplay (unlike e.g. in Dishonored) nor does Elizabeth. All in all its mostly just run & gun.
I still like the game but mostly for its narrative and characters and not the actual gameplay.

To add fuel: I enjoyed playing thru Tomb Raider more than BI.

Nowhere Man:

Michael Lapierre:
Probably not relevant, since I am too much of an old geezer to matter, but here's my two cents worth...
i don't just 'consume' I 'experience', and this has been one of the most thought-provoking experiences I have had in gaming. Sorry that all those who grew up later than me, (I am in my 60's), are so jaded, but I will enjoy that EXPERIENCE' for a long time.
I find these conversations sad to see, because I remember when 6 blocky pixels made a 'humanoid invader', and tinkly sounds that would be looked down upon if used in a phone today constituted a soundtrack...

Try just enjoying, and don't rely on cynical afterthoughts to ruin the fun. (The payoff on pessimism is nothing compared to the payoff on optimism, and we just made a significant step forward in what games can be...More than mechanics alone, more than story alone.)
If you want 'perfection' you will find it in the consistent behaviours of the spoiled Fanboys...

THIS. A million times over. Maybe it's because I'm an older gamer myself (late 30's) and have been gaming since the Atari days when I was a wee lad, but I really do see a cynical trend with modern gaming culture. And I thought *I* was the cynical bastard.

Eh, i'm 26 and feel the same way (Then again, i started out with a C64 and still played it when all my friends had an SNES...maybe that makes me more "humble"?)

I blame the Internet, for all it's awesome, it's an amplifier for being cynical, snarky or just generally awful.

CityofTreez:

IllumInaTIma:
It's okay that more and more people come and criticize the game. It really is good. But what I hate is that "WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THOSE 10/10 PEOPLE?! IT'S NOT PERFECT!". No shit! Of course it's not perfect! Even at Destructoid, right beneath the 10/10 there's little "10/10 are not perfect games" note.

BUT 10/10 REVIEWS ARE INVALID! MY OPINION IS BETTER BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH A 10/10 SCORE!

Even the criticism from TB and Angry Joe are personal opinion. Just because someone didn't like the game as much as other reviewers it doesn't mean that a 10/10 score is invalid.

I'm right with you there buddy. Besides, if only absolutely perfect games would get 10/10, we wouldn't need 10/10!

It was good, had a very compelling story with great impact but at the end of the day I still think the original Bioshock was a better game in most respects.

Zhukov:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Zhukov:
Nope.

Excellent game, looking forward to playing it again.

I'm not saying it was perfect, I had my gripes here and there, but it was by far and above the best game I've played recently, will probably be the best game I play this year, and has one of the best stories and settings I've ever seen in a game, period.

Instant personal all time top-10 material.

I hate to agree with Zhukov because... Zhukov...

Wait... what?

Have I argued with you recently? Your avatar isn't familiar.

No, not that I know of. I just generally don't share the same opinion as you on most topics.

Weatherking:

That was the biggest fucking cop-out wasn't it? Everyone has different opinions and that's ok, har har.

It's not a cop out at all to me, it's truth.

The gameplay became seriously addictive once I started properly utilizing the weapons, vigors and gears all at once. Mixing Shock Jockey with Undertow is one of the most deadly combinations I've used yet. Personally I kept my weapons to the hand cannon and the shotgun because I prefer to use as little bullets as possible and they pack one tremendous wallop. Plus I could improve their loading times by as much as 80 percent. But by far my favorite aspect of the combat was the skyhook system. Traveling on it, having shootouts and fights on them is one of the best experiences I've had in a game ever.

Couldn't the "choose to enjoy" defense be employed by the countless games gleefully slammed on this forum?

Be more optimistic is a good sentiment (cynicism has become passe) but here it seems disingenuous and more just a tactic to get people to stop arguing against hyperbolic praise. People aren't merely calling this game enjoyable; they're saying, implicitly or explicitly, that it's demonstrably superior to countless other games. A gold standard. That warrants scrutiny, no?

And I find it pretty damn cynical to not grant detractors the legitimacy of their opinions and insist they're attention-seekers and contrarians. A game so magical no one could "truly" dislike it without some hidden agenda and special effort could certainly withstand critiicism.

Yes, after playing the game through and very much enjoying it I've thought about it for a week and suddenly realised that it's a horrible, horrible linear COD blah *foams at mouth*

/sarcasm

jcfrommars9:

Weatherking:

That was the biggest fucking cop-out wasn't it? Everyone has different opinions and that's ok, har har.

I totally agree, it's just that it sort of feels to me like invalidating and walking out on an argument by saying: "Oh we're both right so let's stop fighting", instead of engaging in something that's more about making interesting points and furthering each others perspectives than being in the right, which is what I feel argumentation should be about.

I'm not going to say the game is without faults, but I really don't get this insistent approach. So what if I like the game? I'm not so enthralled by it as to have rose-tinted glasses on every time I look at Columbia. For all of its flaws, I still consider it as one of my personal best games ever. Why? Because the story doesn't draw from basic political tensions we've all heard of already and because what is actually there doesn't treat the player like an ignoramus.

Yes, Infinite's shooting mechanics aren't stellar. Yes, the textures are muddy on consoles. Yes, Comstock's death was lame. Yes, the Vigors don't offer much in terms of new gameplay. All of this is true. However, I didn't buy this game with the express purpose of playing an excessively tactical shooter. Say what you will, but the Call of Duty series handles basic tactics fairly well. What it doesn't handle well is narrative delivery and, well, narrative content to begin with. This is where Infinite shines.

I played Infinite for the world-building, the themes being explored, and, I'll admit, for the familiar Irrational structure we've had around since System Shock 2. I was fully expecting a Scooby-Doo-esque reveal, and we got one (technically). I was fully expecting a fusion of basic gunplay and the use of a pseudo-mana system. I fully expected a simplified "hacking" mechanism (i.e. Possession) because modern tendencies are obliterating minigames at every turn. It's sad, but it's not entirely unexpected. I was fully expecting something alone the lines of the Shield infusion, seeing as everyone's adding regenerative health or a regenerative shield on top of baseline health, nowadays.

Considering what I played it for, and considering how the game delivers on those elements? I'm more than satisfied. TotalBiscuit seems to be expecting a return to System Shock 2's definitive RPG mechanics, on the other hand. While I would've liked a return to really fine-tuned and granular character or avatar improvement, this is 2013. Shooter-RPG hybrids aren't terribly popular in quite the same way they were in the nineties, with only a lucky few franchises managing to slip customization options past younger players who demand faster, more frenetic action. Human Revolution was one of the few cases of this happening.

I can't say I was ever in that "honeymoon period", but I would concur with Adam Sessler when he says that Infinite should be placed right up there as one of gaming's few cases of "Chinatown" or "Waiting for Godot"-esque pieces of narration.

We still have a long way to go, of course, but Infinite still is a clear example of how you can use a popular set of mechanics to tell an interesting and engaging story. In that sense, it's an absolute triumph.

Weatherking:

jcfrommars9:

Weatherking:

I totally agree, it's just that it sort of feels to me like invalidating and walking out on an argument by saying: "Oh we're both right so let's stop fighting", instead of engaging in something that's more about making interesting points and furthering each others perspectives than being in the right, which is what I feel argumentation should be about.

Problem is: Most gamers here dont want to argue, but to hear other people say: "Yes! Youre right! Infinite is better than a sunday-morning-blowjob!" or "Yes! Youre eight! Infinite is worse than cancer!"
And when they find out that other people have different opinions they declare their opinion the only valid and try to ruin the game for everyone else by pointing out every tiny flaw/try to convert other people into loving the game by pointing at all the great reviews. Both is stupid and in the end nobody is happy.
Soem peoplelike cheese, some dont...what good would come from those who like it trying to bring the other party to eat it (and then vomit) or those who hate it by trying to take it away. Its a matter of opinion, no scientific question...

Although I do love the game, don't get me wrong, it's got it's moments where it fails a bit. Although I did like the majority of the combat, I wasn't as happy with the vigors as I had been with plasmids of the previous games and I loathed the fact that I could only carry two weapons at a time but somehow had room in my "magic backpack" for all the ammo of the guns I wasn't carrying. The gear thing was ok, though you really only used a core set depending on your play style. I loved the zip lines and would have loved to have seen more use. But my biggest complaint was (and is since I'm still struggling with it) the end battle on the air ship. You spend the entire game centered on just having to defend yourself, it's even pointed out that you DO NOT have to defend Elizabeth, she can handle herself, then at the very end you have to defend an air ship. It's my biggest pet peeve of the game.

I hope it's over soon. I don't mind the game, it's just the fans. They are far too vocal about it. And that's putting it politely. Been said before, but flavour of the month. It'll die down eventually.

captcha: tickle the ivories

What? I don't even own a piano, but alright. I'll do my best captcha.

Played it and completed it on Normal.. and now I went right into a 1999 Mode game and love it just as much. Dunno whats up that Brits ass and what he expects, I guess he would just want a RPG and not an action FPS.

Weatherking:

since he noted how Bioshock was essentially System Shock 2 with a steampunk coat of paint.

Bioshock was steampunk?

Dexter111:

I don't know how else to tell you that this is the game videogames were made for. It's the game every other designer wishes they could make. It's a watershed moment for our industry, and I'd be hard pressed to tell you that anything that came before is better. More so, however, I can't imagine that anything else, in my lifetime, will top this.

Come on. Who wrote this shit? I'd like to know so I can avoid reading any of their reviews ever again.

Blood Brain Barrier:

Dexter111:

I don't know how else to tell you that this is the game videogames were made for. It's the game every other designer wishes they could make. It's a watershed moment for our industry, and I'd be hard pressed to tell you that anything that came before is better. More so, however, I can't imagine that anything else, in my lifetime, will top this.

Come on. Who wrote this shit? I'd like to know so I can avoid reading any of their reviews ever again.

That is from http://www.ausgamers.com/games/bioshock-infinite/review/

I hadn't heard of them until I saw the review on metacritic for Bioschock Infinite.

I equate everyone's love for this game to when Yahtzee once said "GTA IV is really good..."

That's right I'm speaking for a lot of you, because I think most of you are under an effect I'll call "the new game smell". This is not a really great game. I don't think you can even call it "really good". All these perfect scores and all this praise... you're all going to forget how vehemently you defended your bloom-filled opinions.

The story IS convoluted and filled with things that can't be explained. The combat IS farther from System Shock 2 than the other two Biohshocks ever were. The interactivity with your environment HAS been replaced by "hold [button] for a random occurrence". Your choice in load-outs HAS been simplified to the point of being just like Halo with crowd-control powers.

Fans of the original Bioshock should feel massively disappointed. There was more to Bioshock's gameplay than just "exploring and shooting things". There was hacking, researching, and inventing. And while they seemed gimmicky or even annoying at times, at least those games weren't just looking for loot and shooting things.

It might seem great to people who DO play COD or Halo, because it, at least, has more variety than either of those two, but I can't imagine fans of modern shooters enjoying the final 20 minute ending walk-a-thon.

Everyone is going to have at least one big gripe when the new game smell goes away. Not just a little complaint -- one big gripe. And then they're going to realize that BS:I isn't as great as all that.

Pebkio:
I equate everyone's love for this game to when Yahtzee once said "GTA IV is really good..."

That's right I'm speaking for a lot of you, because I think most of you are under an effect I'll call "the new game smell". This is not a really great game. I don't think you can even call it "really good". All these perfect scores and all this praise... you're all going to forget how vehemently you defended your bloom-filled opinions.

The story IS convoluted and filled with things that can't be explained. The combat IS farther from System Shock 2 than the other two Biohshocks ever were. The interactivity with your environment HAS been replaced by "hold [button] for a random occurrence". Your choice in load-outs HAS been simplified to the point of being just like Halo with crowd-control powers.

Fans of the original Bioshock should feel massively disappointed. There was more to Bioshock's gameplay than just "exploring and shooting things". There was hacking, researching, and inventing. And while they seemed gimmicky or even annoying at times, at least those games weren't just looking for loot and shooting things.

It might seem great to people who DO play COD or Halo, because it, at least, has more variety than either of those two, but I can't imagine fans of modern shooters enjoying the final 20 minute ending walk-a-thon.

Everyone is going to have at least one big gripe when the new game smell goes away. Not just a little complaint -- one big gripe. And then they're going to realize that BS:I isn't as great as all that.

Agreed that's the problem with hype people get blinded by it and end up thinking the object that's hyped to hell and back is the greatest thing ever.But just wait as soon as the new over hyped game comes out people will forget about BioShock Infinite and start creaming themselves over that game.

Now I've played the game and while I did enjoy it BioShock does'nt deserve all this perfect praise, this almost reminds me of when games like Skyrim and GTA4 came out.That's why I hate it when games are overhyped because people just won't shut up about how great it is.

I don't like doing this, but...

Pebkio:

This is not a really great game. I don't think you can even call it "really good".

Yeah, says you; sorry, but who appointed YOU grand arbiter of 'what is good'?

I know that's a really stupid and petty point to pick up on, but jesus christ...

And GTA IV IS really good. There, another opinion. Like yours. There is no objectivity here.

Pebkio:

So what they're going to decide, in retrospect, is in fact that they didn't enjoy something that they enjoyed at the time. Sorry, fella, I just don't get it.

Of course, I'm assuming that you're talking about people who played it, and not about the reviews. If that's not the case, I take it back.

Nope. Well, not for me at least. Bioshock Infinite was easily the best game I've played all year.

the hidden eagle:
Now I've played the game and while I did enjoy it BioShock does'nt deserve all this perfect praise, this almost reminds me of when games like Skyrim and GTA4 came out.

Wait... you used two really great games (at least two games that remain HIGHLY rated by both users and reviewers) that were technologically astounding and incredibly deep as your example of what this feels like?

Awesome.

Pebkio:

Eww. Who the fuck do you think you are to question peoples motives for liking something or not. Who gives a shit even if that is the case, "new game smell" give me a break. Give up on your delusions of grandeur and stop telling other people what to think. "Fans of the original Bioshock should feel massively disappointed." are you some goddamn representative of everyone who liked a game you had nothing to do with other than you were one of tens of thousands of people who played it?
That is fucking reprehensible.

Blood Brain Barrier:

Weatherking:

since he noted how Bioshock was essentially System Shock 2 with a steampunk coat of paint.

Bioshock was steampunk?

I don't think I said that? Did I say that? I'm confused.
Jeez not that it matters... I gotta calm down.

Pebkio:

I kinda hate how people assume that just because someone likes to play Halo or COD means that they can't enjoy other kinds of games. Calling them "dude-bros" or the like. It just seems kinda sickening to me.

And before you ask, yes, I do enjoy playing Halo. Haven't played 4, but I loved the first three. And yet, I happen to also really enjoy the ending sequence to Bioshock Infinite.

Shocking I know.

Lightknight:

the hidden eagle:
Now I've played the game and while I did enjoy it BioShock does'nt deserve all this perfect praise, this almost reminds me of when games like Skyrim and GTA4 came out.

Wait... you used two really great games (at least, two much beloved games) that were technologically astounding and incredibly deep as your example of what this feels like?

Awesome.

Both GTA4 and Skyrim were boring to me and all three of them were overhyped to hell and back, but BioShock Infinite was really fun I just don't think it's God's gift to gaming like many seem to think.That's why I hate overhype because you always have flamewars between the gushing fanboys/fangirls and the people who think the game was'nt all that.

Pink Gregory:
I don't like doing this, but...

Pebkio:

This is not a really great game. I don't think you can even call it "really good".

Yeah, says you; sorry, but who appointed YOU grand arbiter of 'what is good'?

I know that's a really stupid and petty point to pick up on, but jesus christ...

And GTA IV IS really good. There, another opinion. Like yours. There is no objectivity here.

Pebkio:

So what they're going to decide, in retrospect, is in fact that they didn't enjoy something that they enjoyed at the time. Sorry, fella, I just don't get it.
While I hate when people speak for others there is some truth to what that person is saying.Many people get blinded by hype and as soon as the hype wears do games get criticized for flaws that were covered up by the gushing and the unlimited praise,also I respectfully disagree with calling GTA4 a good game IMO it was boring as fuck and tried to hard to be realistic.
Of course, I'm assuming that you're talking about people who played it, and not about the reviews. If that's not the case, I take it back.

There are games you play for the story, and then there are games you play for the gameplay.

The whole Bioshock series falls into the former category, as do others likw Mass Effect(hence why I was able to love ME2 despite it being like Gears of War with magic)and if story is done well, then troubles with gameplay can be excused. When the story does not hold, then the all you have left to hold the game up is its gameplay, and if that don't work then the whole thing goes to piddles.

Look at Mass Effect. It was great because it offered a compelling story and new gameplay, even if some of it was tedious and boring. The second in the series is akin to the 'Empire Strikes Back' of the trilogy because its story was probably the best out of the three allowing for a LOT of breathing room when it came to actual gameplay. 3 is looked down upon for a number of thing but it all starts with the one thing everyone didn't like: the ending. The reasons were varied, but I feel the main reason was because it provided no closure, you had no idea what happened to anyone afterwards and that tore it up for me. Because of that,the story crashed into a wall and I when I pulled myself out of the wreck I started seeing all the details that I had overlooked before. All the little plotholes and bad gameplay that I had initially dismissed suddenly became much easier to see and harder to ignore. The dlc that modded the ending to provide that closure that was missing, and it helped to soften the blow. The game felt nice again, not as good as before, but not as bone jarring-hard-right-in-another-direction bad that came with the original ending.

You could argue the same about the Bioshock Infinite ending but I beg to differ, because it does for games what your English teacher does with books like 'Catcher in the Rye': requires you to actually turn your brain on for once and actually analyze what happened. With Bioshock, it came with the confrontation with Andrew Ryan. In Infinite it happens in spoonfuls, with each encounter with the Luteces or each 'accidental' tear all culminating with the ending. You had to think how that could all come together, how that would all work, and that's why the ending was able to work. It provided to you the tools to find the answers yourself and then feel happy that you managed to figure it out. Add characters that are memorable and you can still recall even after all this time. I can still remember every crazy moment I spent in Fort Frolic as Sander Cohen's little moth just as vividly as every line the Luteces gave to me over the course of Infinite.

Gameplay-wise those games were far from perfect. The first bioshock had an ai that I could easily trick and Infinite took out the rounded maps for linear levels but I didn't care, simply because I was too engaged in the story.

I ain't saying it's the Holy Grail of Gaming, but it was still good. You can bash about its gameplay but that only tells me you weren't paying too close attention to the story, which means you were playing Bioshock wrong.

When you love something, you recognize it's faults, and accept them. It's true that there are many people putting Infinite up on a pedestal, but despite it's flaws, I'm not inclined to disagree with them.

It's easy (and overtly negative) to completely pick something apart just because other people love it and you want to give them a reason to dislike it, perhaps because you personally didn't like it or you're tired of the fans. Either way, even if you convince them that there are spots in the game that are buggy, make no sense, or 'too linear', what exactly will you have accomplished?

Everyone likes different things. Of course there are going to be plot holes in a story that deals with time/space. Doctor Who has crazy plot holes and even stories that literally make no sense - yet it is still one of the most popular shows on television.

Feel free to pick apart a piece of media all you like, but it seems a little silly to try to convince people that did enjoy the experience that they actually shouldn't have and are stupid for ever having done so.

the hidden eagle:
Snippin' this'n

Having criticisms for a game and enjoying that game aren't mutually exclusive. I've got plenty of criticisms for Bioshock Infinite, luckily for me it didn't prevent me from enjoying it; that wouldn't have been the case with some other people, but what I'm saying is that they wouldn't suddenly decide that they didn't enjoy it after playing it, if they enjoyed playing it, and vice versa.

And I enjoyed GTA IV a whole lot; but I'm not about to change my mind about that just because it's been criticised.

I disliked it to be sure. Combat was obviously sub-par, and while I usually don't care too much about combat, BI's just seemed so derivative and uninspired. Story wise, I don't see what the fuss is about. It's one of those stories that's like "oh good we have a neat concept now we don't have to actually write well!" and it definitely plays that way. I hated the character dynamic between DeWitt and Elizabeth. Seriously it made me really uncomfortable the whole time. Don't really know why.

It is a better game than many games are, but it is far from my top ten, and far from a 'good' game in my opinion. I liked Bioshock 1 and 2 (I actually liked 2 more for some reason), but this one just felt lazy and uninspired. But I'm sure the devs had fun with it, and tons of other people are having fun with it, so it can stay.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked