Skyrim mods: 18 months later!

Pages PREV 1 2

Asita:

chozo_hybrid:

Will it clash with a current save? I'm guessing this is a start a new character kind of mod

I don't think it would actually make the game crash or anything with an older save - if that's what you're asking - but given how significantly this changed perks, you'd definitely be wise to start a new character if you use it. Otherwise you're hobbling yourself. Case in point: 'Lockpicking' has been replaced with a perk tree called "Wayfarer". See the page for details. Though to quote the page itself in more general terms:

It is also strongly advised to start a new game. Do not attempt to apply this mod to an old char - it is fixable with console commands, but will mess everything up at first. The older the char, the bigger the damage caused. Characters created with SkyRe can NOT roll back to vanilla, so backing up savegames is advised (as always)

Thanks for the advice :D I'm currently happy with my current Redguard game, but have grabbed the mod and not activated it, so I'll use it when I start my Orc character.

Let's see here...

So I guess you could say I'm something of a graphics whore.

A few of my choice mods(I got about 80 to 90 installed).

aMidianBorn Book of Silence
SkyUI
Catrgorized Favorites Menu
Immersive Armors
Improved Combat Sounds
Deadly Dragons
Moonpath to Elsweyr
Wyrmstooth

All these mods are brilliant but I want one to fix something I reckons a flaw, just for my first run through the game. I just want it so my wizard attacks can't kill my allies as well, because for some reason my explosive spells don't effect me for some reason. Any mods for just that?

chozo_hybrid:

Asita:

Daystar Clarion:

Skyrim Redone (or Skyre) overhauls a lot of the game, adding a lot of extra weapon and classifying each, as well as completely overhauling the combat system and perk trees. It changes so much that I can't list them all, but it makes the game just so much more immersive and challenging.

*patpats* That's what the nexus link is for. (And yes, I'm seconding...thirding...whatever the recommendation, folks)

Will it clash with a current save? I'm guessing this is a start a new character kind of mod.

Akratus:
Snip.

With your mod, how does the female Draugr armor look? Old and tattered etc to fit in, I like what I saw in the image on the nexus page though :)

The image on that page is what I replace the female draugr armor with. I've never been completely satisfied with it though.

SKYUI, A Quality World Map, Better Females by Bella, The Dance of Death - Killmove Mod, No More Blocky Faces, feminine running/dash animation, and the ability to make an Elin, in Skyrim, because why the hell not.

I'm still waiting for the following mods before I re-purchase the game:

Make game interesting/enjoyable;
Give game choices + depth;
Remove game dullness/shallowness.

*Awaits forthcoming "make shiny things shinier" mod*

:p

Uhh. I've got close to 20Gb of mods all up. Most of them are graphics enhancements and texture improvements. Also running my own gameplay overhaul I'm slowly working on. Gameplay overhauls make Skyrim a lot better than vanilla, seeing as vanila is... Eh. Its a good hiking sim but lacks anything else.
Other than that I've got the unofficial patches, SkyUI, and a couple of other interface and bug fixes as well as SkyTEST for the animals, though that'll likely get overridden when I get to changing their stats, so I'll end up having to make some compatibility patch or something -.-

gmaverick019:

I think my favorite is this though:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=10364

it's simple and many people would claim it is "game breaking" and "un immersive", but i love having a fus ro dah that shouted jarl of whiterun over the fucking mountain

Just as I read that a bird flew past my window, I could have swore it was the Jarl still flying for a second!

OT Still playing Skyrim on the 360 (don't hate me!)
I keep meaning to get it going on the pc, but I know what I'm like with mods, I'm currently running Dragon Age with 100+, Oblivion with 200+ and the sims 3 with over 300 mods and custom content items!

My brother plays skyrim modded. Me, i only played Morrowind with full mods and played vanilla Oblivion/Skyrim on Xbox. Now wouldnt it be be good if they brought out the GoTY edition with the top 100 modes added? Or maybe, when they finally release TES6, couldnt they hire alot of these mod makers to make mods for it before its released?

SpunkeyMonkey:

Look at some overhaul mods for the first and last, for the second you'll need to search for mods specific to the choice you're looking for. Wouldn't say any add real depth to it, but they can make some of them a bit more interesting [Though nearly all of them are just shit].
Can't guarantee that there's anything that'll interest you, but that's why I'm making my own overhaul; I know what I'll enjoy, so I can rebuild the game to reflect that, and the creation kit isn't too hard to learn for most things.

hazabaza1:
God, it's been 18 months already? Jesus that went fast.
But, uh, mods? Yeah, I tend to install a bunch but end up getting kind of tired of it fairly quickly. Usually something to make the combat more lethal, some more immersion stuff. That kinda thing.

This was my exact reaction to the title of this thread as well. Damn, what have I done with that time?

there are so many great skyrim mods (well, i few really good ones and about a thousand creepy and pervy mods), but i just cant play the game anymore. the combat of the game remains too boring and thats not something any mods i know of can fix. actually there was one that helped. i forget the name but it massively increased the damage you deal and receive, so the combat is more fast paced and feels less like youre just taking turns hitting each other

Joccaren:

SpunkeyMonkey:

Look at some overhaul mods for the first and last, for the second you'll need to search for mods specific to the choice you're looking for. Wouldn't say any add real depth to it, but they can make some of them a bit more interesting [Though nearly all of them are just shit].
Can't guarantee that there's anything that'll interest you, but that's why I'm making my own overhaul; I know what I'll enjoy, so I can rebuild the game to reflect that, and the creation kit isn't too hard to learn for most things.

Cheers mate :)

My plan with TES is to hang on for both the Skywind update, and give Skyrim itself around 2-3 years worth of "fermenting" then see what mods are avail then. I just hope there are some which give the game some real substance RPG/gameplay-wise.

This thread has rekindled my interest in Skyrim. :3

Downloading some of these sweet mods as we speak.

lRookiel:

I like the immersive armours, patrols and weapons packs. They really brought something to the game for me.

But I also really like the IV Legion mod, which gives you a proper Imperial Legion like in Morrowind, complete with tower shield and gladius.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

lRookiel:

Try G.E.M.S "Skyrim GEMS is a 1-page, quick-reference catalog of lore-friendly Gameplay Enhancement Mods for Skyrim with a focus on mods that create a more realistic, immersive and challenging experience"

Hmm. It seems the nexus site is borked. Anyone else having issues?

I always use a ton of mods, most of them have already been called out. I'll just leave my favorite here, maybe do a complete list later... I'm lazy.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24709

Because sometimes you just wanna go all ''fuck the lore'' on this.

The lack of mention of the Macho Man Randy Savage dragon mod disturbs me.

I only used a few mods.

The one where lighting is greatly improved, the one where there are more vegetation in cities and the one that ads darker nights.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked