"Aw! You gotta be kidding me..." Moments In Gaming

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

IGetNoSlack:
Bioshock.

I was low on health, with no med kits, and even lower on EVE and ammo, in Fort Frolic, the multiple Big Daddies having worn me down, then...THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. "C'mon Mr.Bubbles!"

You gotta be friggin' kidding me. That's number five. FIVE BIG DADDIES.

The multiple Big Daddy fights, in rapid succession, mind you, in Fort Frolic and Poseidon Plaza were extremely frustrating.

Wait, why'd you even choose to fight five Big Daddies in the first place? Fort Frolic only has three Little Sisters.

drakengard. chapter 13 verse 2. oh dear god.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, it was a close battle, I send Chrom to attack the boss, says a missed attack could lead to a deadly counter, but my hit rate was 97% So I went for it...

I Missed!

So yeah, that sucked considering I never saved during the battle.

GTA IV, I was doing the mission 'Late Checkout' Basically, you are sent to assassinate someone, easy enough, but he is supposed to be in his room alone so you can execute him (he had a lady friend, but she runs out when you stand outside the door) so I walked in and it turns out one of his goons wandered into the room with a sub machine gun and unloaded bullets into me without me being able to react fast enough, he was behind me, I walked straight in, thinking from my previous play-through that no one was supposed to be there.

Dark Souls.

Not only was the boss area the most terrifying place to fight anyone, but the music just screamed "You're going die down here"
I thought it was only gonna be one! Then all of the sudden I'm out of flasks, I'm fighting this boss that never staggers and hits you like a truck, then I get one shot for no reason...
I then discovered as I was dying I twisted the camera around and saw that THERE WERE 3 OF THEM, and they spawned wile I was so concerned with one.

... for real though, I HATE The Four Kings...

________ used full restore!

FUCK YOU EVERY LATE GAME GYM LEADER/ELITE FOUR MEMBER!

I've recently been replaying NFS Most Wanted 2005, so I'd simply say every time the AI that's behind me gains the driving skills of Jesus and catches up to me easily.

I have been playing Defiance, pretty cool game for a licensed one, a MMO no less, so that might be a first.

my YGBKM moment happened in the mission aptly named "Defiance", last mission in the legacy arc, you go all in, everything you worked up to this point pays off.

All those god damned elite mobs that spawned right behind you, those random ass Arkfalls that can potentially ruin your day, the god damned Hellbug Monarchs that can spawn and you be the only person in 5 kilometers of it. Everything would be worth it after this mission.

nope.avi

I fought one, ONE normal enemy in that last solo mission, everything else was an elite of some type.

but that wasn't it, it was the big bad final boss.

He has special attacks, attacks that can potentially one hit kill you. HE can also teleport and flash step which makes him invincible to all but one weapon while he is doing so.

my moments come in five parts.

1.) I beat his ass down with a syphon weapon [steals shields and health and replenishes your own. HE gets right back up for round two, adding in two more instakill attacks.

2.) second fight, he adds hologram clones that have little health, can also one hit kill you, and doesn't take away any of his health when you damage them.

3.) near the end of the second fight, he will combo his instakill moves one right after the other, so you have a full .005 seconds to damage him [which doesn't interrupt him]

4.) there is a chance that you cant self revive, forcing you to extract and start that stage of the boss fight over again, with less money and the ammo you had when you died. Sometimes the extract timer instantly goes down before you can even hit the self revive button.

5.) the only way I was able to beat him was to buy a BMG [basically a healing weapon that does slow, but constant damage to your target, also able to heal you and others with its alt fire], and whittle him down, unleashing one charge for damage and another for healing myself from his bullshit attacks.

after that, no big monologue, just a 4 km trip back to a place where I get told 'you are a great hero in your service to this area', and that is it.

thats it.

All I have left to do is farm Rep from daily and weekly contracts, and doing arkfalls.

I hope they make more quest chains soon, because I am quickly losing things to do in the game.

Bioshock Infinite:

I encounter a handyman for the third time on my first playthrough, and I decided that instead of fighting him on foot I should use the skyhook to out maneuver him since running away from him on foot is almost impossible. So I get on the skyline, start strafing him, and I'm going "Ha ha what ya gonna do now sucker". Then as if on cue he grabs onto the skyline and sends on current through it. "Aw you gotta be kidding m- BZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTT." And since there was no ground below me at the time I got electrocuted to death.

There have also been a few times during the game when I'm low on health,ammo, and salts, and the just when I think I've cleared all the enemies the game throws a fireman or a crow guy at me.

Any time in any online game where I need to rely on my teammates to survive, when I see this, I just wanna quit everything.
'Jajajaja'.
Just please no.
No.
NO.
I dun want. :(

Also in Amnesia:TDD, any time you hear a whale-like call. Just...

Just....
Escape.
Quit.
Delete.
Hide underneath covers.
Never come out.

Mass effect 3 mp... wave 11, 0:02 seconds left, gold diffculty.
Kicked out of game for no apparent reason.
FFFFUUUUU.....

gamernerdtg2:
Wait...who is Revan?
Knights of the Old Republic.

This. Godammit Bastila, it wasn't enough to kill me, you had to resurrect me, and send me against my own army?

The best part for me was when Jolee claimed to have known all along, but didn't tell you because "It wasn't his place to"

Anytime I see a collection of chest-high walls in the distance in Mass Effect, this is what I say.

Plasmadamage:

gamernerdtg2:
Wait...who is Revan?
Knights of the Old Republic.

This. Godammit Bastila, it wasn't enough to kill me, you had to resurrect me, and send me against my own army?

The best part for me was when Jolee claimed to have known all along, but didn't tell you because "It wasn't his place to"

LOL, but the shock of discovering Revan outweighs the Jolee thing. I'm not sure that there's been a crazier moment in gaming.

Every time I reached a dungeon in DA2... only to realize it's the same damn dungeon.

Were I a professional reviewer, on reaching the same dungeon for the third time, I would have simply stopped playing and labeled the game "unfinished".

Dark souls - Capra demon, Anor Londo Archers, Bed of chaos. I raged so hard. Getting cursed--are you kidding me!!!??

Mortal kombat9 - Shao Khan snapping someones neck in a cutscene (not going to tell you who)
- the entire story. It was so randomly stupid and awesome

Just Cause 2 - Grappling the ground and accelerating yourself towards it to land safely. This was stupid but brilliant.

No one lives forever - jumping out a plane without a pararchute

hitman blood money - hmmm I wonder if I can get away with shooting this guy in Tosca's rehearsal when they pretend to shoot him. 1 hour of positioning later and execution- omg I can!!! best. game. ever.

MGS4 - Mei Ling on all fours looking for her pen. Dear God Kojima I love your games but why do you put be through this shite.

I will mention a ME3 disappointment because Op reminded me of it and it killed my suspension of disbelief.
In the Mars mission, weather you have Ashley or Kaiden they say and do exactly the same thing. And then Liara says 'the Lieutenant has become very resourceful' or some rubbish. These are 2 completely different people why are they saying and coming up with the exact same plan. arghh

Tomb Raider 3 - My first TR game. I finally made it inside a temple in india and a diety statue just came alive and tried to kill me. I shit myself.

scorptatious:

IGetNoSlack:
Bioshock.

I was low on health, with no med kits, and even lower on EVE and ammo, in Fort Frolic, the multiple Big Daddies having worn me down, then...THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. "C'mon Mr.Bubbles!"

The multiple Big Daddy fights, in rapid succession, mind you, in Fort Frolic and Poseidon Plaza were extremely frustrating.

How did you piss off so many Big Daddies so quickly? XD

I was wondering this too. Long time since I've played Bioshock 1, but I don't remember any of the Big Daddies aggroing on sight, well unless you touched their Little Sister, or looked at her funny :)

Mooghens:
Torchlight 1

Legendary item

Awesome stats, perfect for class, massive upgrade compared to current item in slot

Go to enchanter to enchant

1% chance of disenchantment (removal of all effects)

Go figure.

I imagine that left you somewhat disenchanted with the game...

OT: Eternal Champions on the Mega drive. I reach the final boss,lose horribly the find you can't continue if you lose to him...then to rub salt into the wound when I finally beat him (after a lot of failed attempts over the course of a week) I find he isn't actually beaten until I also defeat his 4 elemental forms and every time I lose even once its game over...

Cartridge...meet boot heel!

Alfador_VII:

scorptatious:

IGetNoSlack:
Bioshock.

I was wondering this too. Long time since I've played Bioshock 1, but I don't remember any of the Big Daddies aggroing on sight, well unless you touched their Little Sister, or looked at her funny :)

Not even then. BDs are territorial. You can look at the Sister and I think if you're quick enough you can even go right past her without aggroing the Daddy. So this guy had to be intentionally going after the BDs to cause so much pain for himself.

Bioshock 1. You know how the bathyspheres you use to get around? Yeah. I though it was a one way trip the whole damn time. It wasn't until my third or fourth playthrough that I accidentally pressed the D-pad instead of the thumbstick and saw the marker move. That's 4 games. 4 friggin games of missing everything I could have found if I backtracked. How was I even supposed to know?! There's nothing in the game that says to use the D-pad! The D-pad isn't even used for ANYTHING else!

Raine_sage:
Fire emblem awakening. There's a bonus level where you fight alternate versions of whatever team you select for that fight. They have the same skills, level, class, and stats as your guys. This became a huge problem considering that my guys were so dangerously overpowered that their doppelgangers were oneshotting my guys. It didn't help that three of them had lethality.

So I thought I'd be clever and limit my roster. I'd pick four of my absolute best people, pair them for the stat bonuses, and hope that would be enough to overpower my four doppelgangers. Cue me starting up the battle and noticing that the enemy team still has way more guys than I do. Puzzled I scan over them and find out that in order to get a full team the AI just duplicated my four guys four times over to get the full team of twelve. So four chroms, four lissas, etc.

So not only was I still outmatched but I'd outnumbered myself too. Cue facepalming and going "Oh you have to be kidding me." Couldn't hit reset fast enough.

Tactics Ogre PSP's last boss does that trick too. Not so bad the first time, as long as no one on your team is a god. Problem is the post game, where this fight happens again... this time there is a character you need to save or it is game over, and he is NOT on your level. He's also closer to the enemy. WTF.

OT: Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires. Officers returned to the battlefield... at once. With reinforcements. So I was leading a conga line of 9 enemy officers, 5 of them unique, led by a VERY angry Xiahou Dun, while at 10% health. Lots of screaming involved.

Fetus:
As I am playing Metro 2033 as of now, I do have to say the stealth is horrible. But a good game overall, wish the game would get more attention.

Forgot to say the auto saves are broken and enemies always know where you are, so its all luck.

I agree, if they could fix only thing, it's the stealth. If they could fix more than one, the list would go on for a while. I still fucking love it despite it's flaws.

In final fantasy 9 when Kuja turns out to not be the 'main bad guy' but just a flunky for the actual bad guy. I mean seriously? Why build up this great villain and then at the very last moment introduce his boss that was never hinted at, talked about or even made sense. WHY why do that?

Minecraft the other day actually! In a ravine, my inventory packed with precious, precious loot. I even had stuff from an abandoned mine, and several diamonds. Then my D key got stuck or something, and sent me off a cliff and into a pool of lava... Not a happy pony!

Fable 3.

165 Days left remaining.

Go find some obligatory statue.

Wake up, 0 days remaining.

WHAT?

Genocidicles:
The archers on the roof in Dark Souls.

The rest of the game is fair. Harsh, but fair.

But those fucking archers...

Which ones? Harpoon fuckers or normal archers?

Capitano Segnaposto:
Which ones? Harpoon fuckers or normal archers?

The ones on the roof of Gwyn's keep in Anor Londo.

Valkyrie Profile, optional dungeon, Seraphic Gate.

There's a (rare (1 in 30 chance, maybe)) encounter with a quartet of hamsters.

Yes, hamsters. They're maybe 6 pixels tall, and have hitboxes that are sized to match. Only two or three non-mages (of the 16 or so characters) can hit them at all.

They have four attacks. One does exactly 1 damage. Two have no effect (since most characters are immune to status by that point).

The fourth deals 8670 per hit for 12 hits on each party member. Ignoring armor.

That's 104,040 damage ignoring armor to a character with a maximum of 90,000 HP.

Yeah.

shrekfan246:
FTL.

Cruise my way to the last stand.

Engage in a tense battle with the Rebel Flagship that leaves me with less than half of my hull strength, but feeling pretty good about myself.

Find out it's got multiple 'forms'.

"Aw, you gotta be kidding me..."

Instantly crushed by drones in the second encounter.

I recently picked up Galactic Civilizations II in a Steam Sale, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of those stories from that game once I get more time to just sink into a really large galaxy.

This definitely. I barely scraped my way out of that first battle with the Flagship, I felt great! I was practically high! And then "Wait what!? More forms> Oh SHI-" and I was blown up :D

And I have one from GAl Civ II. I was going for a tech victory (as is my usual). I was in the largest galaxy available and was going up against the Arcean Empire, Drengin, Korath, Yor, Terrans and the Korx I believe.

I was doing pretty well, holding my own against the Drengin's and Korath's wars (My military tech superiority really gave me the edge I needed against their massive fleets) and helping the Arceans out with ships I could spare and money as they had lost several wars and much territory to the aforementioned war races.

As I progress further through the match and the tech tree I start to lose my farthest flung colonies to war. Nothing major, I don't even bother to send ships to defend them. The Yor were obliterated by the Korx and gave their empire to the Terrans who were invading my territory with influence star bases, taking control of some mining outposts and one unhappy colony that I had stolen from someone else. Nothing major, although I shift production on a couple of my manufacturing planets to produce a very strong fleet just in case. As I approach 150 turns away from the final tech for a tech victory (total as I was 3 techs away and producing enough science to get each tech in about 40-something to 50 turns) the Arceans got a special event called "Touched by the Arnor" or something that pretty much turned God Mode on for them. I tried to wipe them out before they could get powerful but the Terrans were allied with them and eclared war on me, as did the Korx. Now I was fighting a war against every other remaining race in the game. I started to lose planets left and right but I held the line. I kept my factory and science planets the most protected and my fleets sprang into action, destroying everything in their paths.

Time moves on and the other races besides the Arceans have been mostly subdued. I lost a good chnk of my empire but the enemies lost their entire fleets and the planets were ripe for reconquest. However the Arceans were now more influential, more productive, more scientific and richer than I was. And thanks to their race abilities they were better at war.

I lose a few planets to them but then I notice, ONE TURN TO TECH VICTORY!. I end the turn and the next one starts with a "You have finished researching Tech Victory!" Now in Gal Civ II the game doesn't end right there, it ends after you hit the end turn button for the last time.
So I did the only sensible thing to do. Before I ended my turn I gave my entire empire and military except for my homeworld and first 3 colonies and one fleet to some minor race.

So now I had a handful of planets, no military to speak of and was pretty much broke. But I was gonna win anyway right?
Haha, this is the You Got to Be Kidding Me part.

See I hit end turn and the next one starts normally. I do this a dozen more times and the game hasn't ended. I click a bunch of menus and do a lot of searching and I discover that somehow, by some random stroke of very bad luck/oversight that the Tech Victory was somehow disabled.
Yep. All that time (a couple days actually) for nothing. All of that effort for nothing.
I went "You're fucking me..." and kinda gave up on gaming for a few days afterwards.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Playing online with Shazam, up against a similarly skilled Catwoman. Get her down to about 2% health left, I was on 20%, she uses character trait and kills me at the same time I use my saved up super move.

Beffudled Sheep:

See I hit end turn and the next one starts normally. I do this a dozen more times and the game hasn't ended. I click a bunch of menus and do a lot of searching and I discover that somehow, by some random stroke of very bad luck/oversight that the Tech Victory was somehow disabled.
Yep. All that time (a couple days actually) for nothing. All of that effort for nothing.
I went "You're fucking me..." and kinda gave up on gaming for a few days afterwards.

Hah!

Oh wow. That would suck.

I'm currently about 465 turns into my first real meaty game right now, I've built up a bunch of planets on my side of the galaxy (one step down from the largest size it can get) and I'm staying pretty isolationist from the other major races (I've got the Drengin expanding right along the south border of my territory though) and I'm currently building up a massive fleet while I've got two Ascension starbases working their asses off, giving me something like 245 more turns left until I get an Ascension victory. XD

465 turns and I still haven't engaged in a fleet-to-fleet combat encounter yet, though... talk about some slow pacing!

X-Com
Just....bloody X-com. Flank shot with 98% to hit, and my assualt fluffs it with his shotgun, leaving nought but a pretty buckshot pattern on the walls of the UFO. Then, as if to add insult to injury, a rookie one shots the Outsider right after
So a untested rookie completely upstaged one of my best troopers

Alfador_VII:

scorptatious:

IGetNoSlack:
Bioshock.

I'm pretty sure the only Big Daddy that does that

During the chapter of Dead Space 2 where you pass through the Ishimura, when I got to the area where you first meet the Hunter in the first game, all I could think was "Ugh, good thing I don't have to fight that thing again."

It was unpleasant. Awesome, but unpleasant.

I got bored and started, for lack of a better word and what I refer to it as, nine-elevening targets in Just Cause 2. This is where I aim a jet at a target, like a silo, then get out and stand on the wing of the plane and surf it in to the silo, maybe jump off at the last minute if I don't want to die.

One time right before collision, a helicopter blocked my trajectory, saving the silo but killing the chopper.

EVERY.
FUCKING.
TIME.
That Ezio/Altair would end up hurling himself to his death because the thumbstick was pressed 0.000001 degree to the wrong direction or I held the right trigger for just 0.00000000001 seconds too long.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked