Any /v/ posters?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Anyone here goes onto /v/, /vr/, or /vg/?

I decided to see what the fuss is about a few days ago and honestly I can't see why anyone would want to go there.
It's full of cunty people being elitist and badgering on about how this and that is the reason gaming is dead and how the newest hippest game is one of the worst things to happen to the human race. Not a fun place to be.

True, it's a mostly unpleasant place. I still go there because from time to time i'll find an interesting thought. Usually it's not worth the trouble of digging trough the towering piles of dirt though.

hazabaza1:
I decided to see what the fuss is about a few days ago and honestly I can't see why anyone would want to go there.
It's full of cunty people being elitist and badgering on about how this and that is the reason gaming is dead and how the newest hippest game is one of the worst things to happen to the human race. Not a fun place to be.

Delerien:
True, it's a mostly unpleasant place. I still go there because from time to time i'll find an interesting thought. Usually it's not worth the trouble of digging trough the towering piles of dirt though.

Just like us, but at least we aren't Spacebattles Gaming Forum who are actively in denial.

hazabaza1:

Kind of like here, I guess? But with less passive aggressiveness and being told up front UR A FAGET.

/v/'s pretty much as shit as /b/ in terms of 4chan boards. I like spending my time on /ck/(for cooking tips), /fit/ (for lifting tips) and /lit/ (for writing and philosophizing tips), the smaller a board is the better I think. /v/ and /b/ give the whole of 4chan a bad name, most of the boards are specialized boards with some funny-ass users and a community that isn't afraid to tell people to fuck off if they're being a twat, and you can actually get some really good discussion in sometimes.

Still, at least you can make Nintendo threads and get at least 30 replies, I've seen literally no discussion on any specific Nintendo games here for months.

Sometimes, it may be full of shitposters but at least they usually have a good taste in games and actual discussions. I'm more of an /a/non than a /v/irgin though.

Ugh. Why? Why would you even mention that hive of neckbeards and constant fucking whininess? Why?
Actually, in fairness, I do sometimes go there when the latest NEW THING(tm) comes out to see them bitch and cry about it. But only for the first 20 posts or so. After that, they start talking about their Japanese love dolls. And from then on, it's just unbearable.

And for reference, yes the Escapist is absolutely flawless. Nothing wrong with this site at all. No siree....

EDIT:

ToastiestZombie:

Still, at least you can make Nintendo threads and get at least 30 replies, I've seen literally no discussion on any specific Nintendo games here for months.

Actually, we had one of those a long time ago, but we decided to show some class, and not constantly repeat it with minor changes for the next 20 years.

ToastiestZombie:
/v/'s pretty much as shit as /b/ in terms of 4chan boards. I like spending my time on /ck/(for cooking tips), /fit/ (for lifting tips) and /lit/ (for writing and philosophizing tips), the smaller a board is the better I think. /v/ and /b/ give the whole of 4chan a bad name, most of the boards are specialized boards with some funny-ass users and a community that isn't afraid to tell people to fuck off if they're being a twat, and you can actually get some really good discussion in sometimes.

/fit/ is kind, but tends to be more about gains and oats than actual fitness at times. Can't sya I've gone onto /ck/ though./lit/ is sorta hilarious, swinging between bro-tier to being even more pretentious and elitist than /mu/ at times. But yeah, /v/ is pretty shit. /tg/ is neat though.

I browse 4chan a lot and this is how I see it

/vg/=good
/v/=bad
/v/ is in the same group as /b/ and /pol/ and form the trifecta of shitposting.

I used to browse /v/, but its a terrible place. Overly negative, ignorant, pretentious, self-centred, bigoted, deceptive, gullible and hostile.
It's basically a less restrained /b/.

Oddly most people there would agree its terrible, but claimed it was better to be surrounded by arseholes who never talk about video games if it meant not talking to somebody who they thought had poor taste. Worse was their use of that "lel" nonsense, although I suppose there is an irony to how they were unwittingly mocking themselves.

Well, to be fair we are partially responsible for sky is falling stuff and never seem to let go of our grudge of EA.

/vr/ is awesome. especially doom general. i wouldn't know of known about modern doom if not for those threads.

/vg/ i never go too and can't say.

as for /v/, shitpost. everywhere. the only good threads are the mgs ones.

BiH-Kira:

So just like the escapist minus the bad mods? Sounds about right.

OT: I visite /v/ occasionally, take a look at the catalog, search for the threads that aren't about the "flop of the week" and console wars. Find some nice threads sometimes. But I usually stay more on /vr/ and /vg/. As people have already stated, it's far from being a great place, but it's close to the escapists in term of elitism, passive aggressiveness and irrational hate for X where X is Sony on /v/ and Nintendo here.
But at least there are no people defending MS on /v/ so it's actually even better than the escapists in some ways.

You seem yourself a bit passive aggressive about the escapist in general, in fact, according to you it seems like an awful site, and if there's something that the internet doesn't lack in, it's internet forums. I don't know, but you're still here, so...

ToastiestZombie:

Well go make some threads :D
I've seen and been in a few Nintendo related chats during this year, mainly at the start thou since Skyward Sword and Xenoblade were pretty big talking points back then.
Now there's been about the MonsterHunterTriUltimate and latest Fire Emblem these last weeks pretty much.

WaitWHAT:

Actually, we had one of those a long time ago, but we decided to show some class, and not constantly repeat it with minor changes for the next 20 years.

I don't know why but I'm reading this comment in a very sarcastical voice...
and...
I wouldn't say that this statement is true...
Just because Mario appears everywhere very few of their other chars do.

Sure the Zelda and Metroid games have been going on for a long while but they aren't releasing a new Zelda or Metroid even close to every year unless you buy them on all different Nintendo consoles i.e. handhelds + "stationary". So for me the Zelda games go like: Ocarina of Time 1998, Majoras 2000, Twilight 2006 and Skyward 2012, there's not even one new Zelda game every two or three years counting all releases. This means I've maybe played a handheld Zelda game somewhere in between but for the consoles themselves I get a new Zelda game every 6th year, which means I do not play them a lot and they are not repetative, for me at least. Metroid games are released even more seldom if I'm not completely in the wrong.

Just read through that text to check spelling and stuff and noticed how I seem very defensive, hope you don't mind that, I'm far from good at expressing myself in text...

Guffe:

Well go make some threads :D
I've seen and been in a few Nintendo related chats during this year, mainly at the start thou since Skyward Sword and Xenoblade were pretty big talking points back then.
Now there's been about the MonsterHunterTriUltimate and latest Fire Emblem these last weeks pretty much.

I might just go do that. I haven't seen any Luigi's Mansion 2 discussion so far outside the review, which is a shame because it's actually an amazing game and the best example of a sequel done well I've played all year.

Guffe:

WaitWHAT:

I don't know why but I'm reading this comment in a very sarcastical voice...
and...
I wouldn't say that this statement is true...
Just because Mario appears everywhere very few of their other chars do.

Sure the Zelda and Metroid games have been going on for a long while but they aren't releasing a new Zelda or Metroid even close to every year unless you buy them on all different Nintendo consoles i.e. handhelds + "stationary". So for me the Zelda games go like: Ocarina of Time 1998, Majoras 2000, Twilight 2006 and Skyward 2012, there's not even one new Zelda game every two or three years counting all releases. This means I've maybe played a handheld Zelda game somewhere in between but for the consoles themselves I get a new Zelda game every 6th year, which means I do not play them a lot and they are not repetative, for me at least. Metroid games are released even more seldom if I'm not completely in the wrong.

Just read through that text to check spelling and stuff and noticed how I seem very defensive, hope you don't mind that, I'm far from good at expressing myself in text...

Nah, that's just me being sarcastic with the Toooootally underused joke that Nintendo re-uses their properties a lot.

I avoid /v/ just as /b/, /vr/ on the other hand is one of my favorite boards.

Guffe:
Ocarina of Time 1998, Majoras 2000, Twilight 2006 and Skyward 2012,

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Why didn't you ever play the best Zelda, The Wind Waker? I don't care if you don't like the cel shading, mister, it's pure fact that it's superior to every other Zelda with the possible exception of Majora's Mask depending on what you like about MM. >:|

Over-exaggeration for effect, but seriously, Wind Waker is bloody awesome.

OT: Nope.

The few times I've ventured over to 4chan, it's only taken about ten minutes for me to regret my decision.

Nope, had one of my videos raided my them once though.

I'm a normal, employed, well-adjusted person with a social life.

So no.

gyrobot:

hazabaza1:

Delerien:

Just like us, but at least we aren't Spacebattles Gaming Forum who are actively in denial.

amuasyeas:

hazabaza1:

Kind of like here, I guess? But with less passive aggressiveness and being told up front UR A FAGET.

Worse.
I have some issues with the Escapist but at least we have mods and less retarded shit talk.

I don't thinks this place is as elitist/condescending as people think. I see people around here actively enjoying modern games, /v/ just seems to be hate on hate on hate, just without the mods.

ToastiestZombie:

I've been talking about Fire Emblem here since I got it two weeks ago... I suppose there hasn't been a thread discussing it that I have seen, but there are plenty of people around who're willing to talk Nintendo.

If I'd want to fill my brain with shit I'd watch FOX news, it is pretty much the same niveau as anything on 4chan.

BiH-Kira:

So just like the escapist minus the bad mods?

Not in the slightest.

4chan, where one goes to give up on humanity entirely.

Does someone want to explain to me exactly what it is you guys are talking about?

I'd just like to say that I judge anyone who spends their time at /v/ in a serious capacity.

The only legitimate excuse for ever visiting /v/ is for the guilty pleasure of watching the absolute worst and most abject aspects of mankind in motion.

Fijiman:
Does someone want to explain to me exactly what it is you guys are talking about?

In this instance, ignorance is bliss. I am not cruel enough to let you in on it.

Fappy:

ToastiestZombie:

I've been talking about Fire Emblem here since I got it two weeks ago... I suppose there hasn't been a thread discussing it that I have seen, but there are plenty of people around who're willing to talk Nintendo.

When I decided to murder my brain and go there I saw one that I think was about it. It had a lot of pictures of some anime girl in tight black clothes and... compromising positions.

Nope. Got me an SA account for a reason.

amuasyeas:
Anyone here goes onto /v/, /vr/, or /vg/?

Love going there for the lulz but also cuz they know how to have fun and there is actual good discussions from time to time. You just gotta know what thread to go to and their MGS threads are really awesome

They have lots of useful information and speculation

in my experience

Fijiman:

the video game boards of 4chan

I used to browse there heavily a few years ago. Ultimately I stopped because like Delerien says, it's a really, really unpleasant place. The hivemind attitude is extremely negative, and I found after staying there so long I had become really stupidly jaded about the most inane shit.

/vg/ on the other hand is pretty good. A good place for long threads about niche genres or series. It's still don't go there often because I don't have anything to add to the discussion a lot of the time, but it's definitely one of the few "good" boards. Probably because it doesn't have its own memes and in-jokes and "flavor of the month", it's just a straight up, on topic discussion board. I also really like the habit they've got of creating guides for newcomers to the series/genre and how they're generally really helpful to people who want to get into a certain game/genre/series/whatever.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked