Game issues you're sick of hearing about

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

The ending to Mass Effect 3. The outrage for it was so over blown you would think the game had jumped out of their collective consoles and raped the players sisters with tire irons. Film directors make narrative goofs all the time, you don't see a bunch of rump rustled theater goers practically trying to create their own version of occupy wall street over it.

Oh Boy,here I go

Half-Life and the sequels, are not the best thing since sliced bread, they're good, but frankly, just don't hold up today as the pinnacle of perfect game design, soundtrack, etc

The Wii is a decent console, a bit gimmicky, but i really enjoy playing games on there, and I have great fun with it.

SimCity and its always on DRM, it's just not that bad, stupid, but honestly, I have had no trouble playing at all. Get over it

This has been beaten to death on this forum, but i need to vent, so feel free to stop reading, but the PC master race, god are they annoying, yes I get it your $7000 machine is not just for word processing, and you can render the ass hairs on every npc in Skyrim at the same time, honestly, i'm not impressed, good gaming machines are a lot more expensive that buying an Xbox, Wii or PS3, not everyone wants a gaming machine either.

This has been very therapeutic

I'm sick of people saying they're sick of people being upset about the ending to Mass Effect 3. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU WEREN'T THERE AT THE BEGINING, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS! HOW SPECIAL!

Basically it is like denying the Holocaust or asking for a Jar-Jar Binks figurinne.

Nowhere Man:
The ending to Mass Effect 3. The outrage for it was so over blown you would think the game had jumped out of their collective consoles and raped the players sisters with tire irons. Film directors make narrative goofs all the time, you don't see a bunch of rump rustled theater goers practically trying to create their own version of occupy wall street over it.

Films aren't 100+ hours long, interactive, or make promises to the player that they later don't keep.

I hate people complaining about "complaining" and "whining". How the hell do you expect the industry to evolve and move forward if people can't voice their criticism and dissent? If I say that in my opinion most games now are too dumbed down, I am not "whining", I am expressing my fucking opinion, opinion of 30 yo man, and 20 yo gamer.

I hate people eager to jump to the defense of EA, Activision, Blizzard and Microsoft as "loyal fans". They don't need your help. They shit on your opinions, as they shit on mine. They are only interested in money.

Games I am sick hearing about? Filling up 80% of page 1 of Gaming forums here qualifies. Sometimes I'm even sick of hearing about a game I'm actually playing. But yeah, I have a very low tolerance for hype and gushing about how some game is the bloody second coming and how it induces orgasms the moment you look at it.

ShadowRatchet92:
Sexism?

This. A million times this.

I'm all for equal treatment, but holy shit, these recent crusades are getting obnoxious. Every female character even REMOTELY shaped like, ya know, a woman gets labelled "sexist".

New Troll:
Opinions as facts. You think Game A is better than Game B. Well good for you, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone. You think System A is better than System B. Again, that's nice and all but that doesn't mean System B isn't the better choice for someone else.

Personally I prefer the PS3 over the 360 over the Wii over the WiiU, but if I have customers looking for a system to play games with their young kids on, the PlayStation will be the last system I'd recommend.

I do agree with you, this does piss me off a bit, but there's another side to it which is equally annoying. It really, really pisses me off when someone says something along the lines of 'Skyrim is the greatest game ever!' and the reply is 'Well, that's just like, your opinion, man'. Of course it's his fucking opinion, that's why he said it. People shouldn't have to qualify everything they say with 'In my opinion...' to save themselves from being pounced by pedants.

I'm going to jump on the "PC master race" bandwagon here. I personally am a PC gamer, but don't hold myself over others. I play PC because my lifestyle can't accommodate a console (or a desktop, for that matter), but I can see the appeal of a console. I like consoles. I like PCs.
Hell, I personally prefer playing with a controller at times.

BanicRhys:
The death of used games being a bad thing. The more money devs make, the less they feel the need to screw us over with on disc DLC, tacked on multiplayer modes which detract from the single player's quality *coughME3cough* and the like.

I know right? Ha ha ha... Oh, wait... You're serious?

Joking aside, there are several things wrong with this assumption.
1. That Publishers only use On Disc DLC as a Used Games deterrent. In some cases, this is true, but there are just as many cases where On disc DLC is never offered for "free". It's just DLC they stuck on the disc and charged you for later.
2. Adding Multiplayer is done to circumvent Used Games/Force "Online Pass". Sadly this one is definitely not true. The primary reason we see so much tacked on Multiplayer is there are many execs that feel not having Multiplayer hurts sales directly. As in they think many people are only interested in it if it has Multiplayer.
3. That if games make more money, they'll stop shitty business practices. Again, it'd be nice if this was true, but if the shitty business has been shown to increase their revenue, why would they stop just because they're making more. Remember, most of the people who make these decisions don't tend to care much about games. To them it's simply a product. If something increases your sales, you keep doing it.

Besides that, there's something about that stance that rubs me the wrong way. If you disagree with used sales, that's fine. I'm honestly ambivalent about it as I game on the PC (no used games on Steam). However, saying "Stop used sales so the publishers/developers stop treating customers like crap" is like telling a battered spouse to behave so her husband stops beating her. Or "Stop stealing bread so the police will stop killing random people in retaliation." Not the best reasoning, I'm afraid.

OT: There really aren't any issues themselves that I'm sick of hearing about. I think a healthy discussion about all controversial topics is good for an industry. What I am tired of the way we tend to do it. We (meaning gamers/publisher/media/developers) need to stop grandstanding and actually sit down and look at the issues in a reasonable light. The other side isn't immediately wrong just because you disagree. Hyperbole doesn't help anyone. Insulting people just makes them less likely to listen to you. And no one, NO ONE, is always right.

If we really want to improve games and the game industry, what we talk about matters a whole hell of a lot less than the way we talk about it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked