Anyone else seen the price difference on The Last of Us?

So what's going on here, Sony? Why are, from what I can see, two versions of the game that are identical save for two entirely cosmetic differences; priced so differently?

You guys have a gander at this:

Anyone want to tell me why the former is 5 quid dearer than the latter? Because there's no difference I can see, other than what's on the box and controller.

The hell, Sony? Are you trying to charge more for the Ellie version because it has a (shock and horror) girl on the cover? Or am I missing something?

No, I think I just smell bullshit, here.

Source: http://thelastofus.eu.playstation.com/en_GB/buy (age-gated)

No idea but if I get one I think I will stick to the regular edition I dont need `A powerful melee attack booster to pack a heavier pinch in hand-to-hand combat` im hardcore (and cheap) although I didnt know the combat was built around pinching.

It will be mildly interesting to see which one of the specials they sell more of though.

Idsertian:
Snip

They are the same price for me in America at my local stores. So, I really don't much care.

Maximum Bert:
No idea but if I get one I think I will stick to the regular edition I dont need `A powerful melee attack booster to pack a heavier pinch in hand-to-hand combat` im hardcore (and cheap) although I didnt know the combat was built around pinching.

It will be mildly interesting to see which one of the specials they sell more of though.

Yeah, I noticed that typo as well. I also wonder which will sell more, too. Will us gamers prove the stereotype of dudebro gaming and predominantly buy the male cover? Or will we show that we're willing to pay more for what is exactly the same thing?

CAPTCHA: ticked off

You bet I am, Captchy old boy.

They're the same price for me as well. Also America.

This doesn't seem like a 'Sony is stacking the cards against Ellie' so much as 'Europe has silly price differences'.

Kopikatsu:
They're the same price for me as well. Also America.

This doesn't seem like a 'Sony is stacking the cards against Ellie' so much as 'Europe has silly price differences'.

This. Only difference I noticed in the game editions was the jump between the regular edition and collector's edition.

Also, sackgirl Ellie is adorable.

When I checked I think it was game.co.uk, the two different products had different items listed.
Oh well, the game is overpriced in my opinion so I'll see what reviews say first.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked