Amazon UK Wii U sales rank jump by 875% following Xbox One reveal

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-wii-u-sales-rank-jumps-by-875-following-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal/?fb_source=pubv1

Yeah, not much else to say here. The Xbone and the PS4 aren't even out yet and Nintendo has a bit of an edge this generation's console war. Though I'm still willing to give the PS4 a shot, the Xbone reveal turned out to be the ultimate advertising campaign for Microsoft's rivals.

Well, that's all kinds of hilarious.

I am currently imagining little Japanese executive types rolling about on the floor laughing.

Isn't it too early to tell? I'm no console gamer, but to me the Xbox One doesn't look as bad as people make it out to be. WiiU sales were pretty bad at the start but as we can see they picked up, I think we should give all machines a chance, they may bounce back with that must-have title.

Zhukov:
Well, that's all kinds of hilarious.

I am currently imagining little Japanese executive types rolling about on the floor laughing.

No kidding. If Sony and Nintendo's executives all got together to have dinner to celebrate the free advertising campaign that Microsoft gave them, I wouldn't be surprised.

x0ny:
Isn't it too early to tell? I'm no console gamer, but to me the Xbox One doesn't look as bad as people make it out to be. WiiU sales were pretty bad at the start but as we can see they picked up, I think we should give all machines a chance, they may bounce back with that must-have title.

The Xbox One fails entirely for any number of reasons. It's not just bad, it legitimately should not exist at all as it stands right now. Now I won't jump the gun and say that it's going to fail entirely, but these sales are a pretty good early indicator.

People want to play GAMES on a GAMES console? What a fucking shock!

looks like we may have a BIG shift in the console sphere soon

Dammit, I just told my dad to invest in Nintendo and Sony. Why didn't he listen?!

875%! That's almost 9 times increase in sales... Holy Shit, that's a lot. I bet Sony regrets not releasing PS4 now to take full advantage of Microsoft sponsored advert.

Technically, its the sales ranking on Amazon UK that jumped by 875%. No, I'm not exactly sure what the difference is either. Also, Amazon cut the price of the Wii U by a bit, so I'm sure that's helping numbers as well.

But yeah... I'm guessing a lot of people were waiting until all three consoles were on the table before making a move. Now that the Xbone has shown itself to be a catastrophe in a box, it's down to Sony and Nintendo. Hope Iwata capitalises on this, or at least gives Microsoft a thank you in the next Nintendo Direct. Xbone or price cut, a jump in sales like that is only a good thing. What's even better is that software sales have also spiked. Zombie U, Monster Hunter and NSMBU have all had a massive sales spike.

Hopefully the next Direct will be what really gets things going for the console. If the rumour of Retro working on a Star Tropics II is true... jesus.

Oh Microsoft, how royally you screwed up. You even made the Wii U look good. A console that has like 2 good games. You are bad.

Laughed when I saw this earlier - I think some of the people at Microsoft are really starting to worry due to how badly this entire thing has gone over.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
Technically, its the sales ranking on Amazon UK that jumped by 875%. No, I'm not exactly sure what the difference is either. Also, Amazon cut the price of the Wii U by a bit, so I'm sure that's helping numbers as well.

^ this. A jump in their Amazon ranking does not equal an 875% jump in actual sales... which would be an insane thing to try to claim on a couple of days' data anyway. Everybody can calm down now.

I'm pretty sure 1*8 = 8 -> 800% increase!!! I mean WiiU sales have been kind of low. BUTT I thought XBox was going to present a super console, but all it did was saying "Hey, now we're going to sell you something that does the same a smart TV does....oh, it also plays FIFA."

The downside to this is that it means more of Moviebob/Game Overthinker fellating Nintendo. Thankfully, I ignore Game Overthinker as much as possible.

Still, I do prefer rewarding developers for doing the right thing, rather than fucking over customers.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

Wait, Wii-U got a temporary price cut? Which model? If it is the 32GB model, I think I might take advantage of this...

OT: Have to admit, looks like Microsoft did Nintendo and Sony a favor, because from the looks of it, the Xbone isn't gonna do well unless they give some seriously appealing news.

The biggest killer is the damn online fiasco and used game fees...

Soviet Heavy:
The downside to this is that it means more of Moviebob/Game Overthinker fellating Nintendo. Thankfully, I ignore Game Overthinker as much as possible.

Still, I do prefer rewarding developers for doing the right thing, rather than fucking over customers.

I can't wait for that. It's probably what Jeffers would sound like if we could hear him speak. I know that Bob exaggerates on fellating Nintendo, but it's great seeing a man filled with such positive emotions.
Bob actually released a video reacting to the Xbone reveal. It ended on a sad note, with Bob realising how corrupt the gaming industry has become and going back the one thing that can lift his spirit from any depression, Mario on the NES. It's so filled with powerful emotion David Cage could film a game about it.

erttheking:
http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-wii-u-sales-rank-jumps-by-875-following-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal/?fb_source=pubv1

Yeah, not much else to say here. The Xbone and the PS4 aren't even out yet and Nintendo has already won this generation's console war.

I..

What the fuck did I just read? So you're saying the console that's the hardest to port games to PC from and has many developers saying "fuck it, i'm out of here" has won?

875% is the kind of increase you get when coming off an extremely low base. Nothing else.

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

Yeah, not much else to say here. The Xbone and the PS4 aren't even out yet and Nintendo has already won this generation's console war.

I..

What the fuck did I just read? So you're saying the console that's the hardest to port games to PC from and has many developers saying "fuck it, i'm out of here" has won?

875% is the kind of increase you get when coming off an extremely low base. Nothing else.

Yeesh man, calm down. Is this really something worth getting angry over?

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

ResonanceSD:

I..

You're right, I'm sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.

Christ, this could have been an Andy Chalk article if you'd just added a picture.

Oh come on! Please go back and explain to me how any of your reaction has been warranted. You're seriously over reacting here.

You could've just told me that I should've changed the title instead of blowing up like that you know.

erttheking:

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

Christ, this could have been an Andy Chalk article if you'd just added a picture.

Oh come on! Please go back and explain to me how any of your reaction has been warranted. You're seriously over reacting here.

I did in the edit. You've misrepresented everything that your linked article said. Amazon sales rank increased? THAT MUST MEAN THEY SOLD 875x MORE! BECAUSE FUCK MATHS!

Seriously?

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

ResonanceSD:

I did in the edit. You've misrepresented everything that your linked article said. Amazon sales rank increased? THAT MUST MEAN THEY SOLD 875x MORE! BECAUSE FUCK MATHS!

Seriously?

I edited my last post too, and like I said you could've just told me that I should probably edit my OP instead of just blowing up at me like this.

The Xbox One will probably be a better prospect to Americans than to the rest of the world where those set top box features might not amount to much and MS has a track record with the 360 for been selective with Live features.

As a Brit I have no need for a set top box, when we've got freeview and Sky.

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

ResonanceSD:

Seriously?

Okay, first, unless everything else in the world above the WiiU in rank yesterday suddenly stopped selling, increase in sales rank = increase in sales. Personally, not believing in coincidence except in the rare case where it is the only explanation (meaning 'there is no explanation'), I'll go ahead and associate the WiiU's jump in rank* with it's sales increasing. Assuming that everything else stayed roughly the same price and sold roughly the same amount of units, that should equate to the WiiU's sales shooting up 875%.

Second, your explosion at the OP is an excellent summary of everything that is wrong with this forum. I have no idea what has you so emotionally invested in this, but I can just feel the butthurt. I can only assume that it has something to do with 'insert console here' having 'insert action here' done to it.

Third, a massive jump in sales like such could be a product of a low base, or it could be a product of a new market emerging, or a shift in consumer tastes, or the disappearance/general problems with a substitute product (or D, all of the above), something you've conveniently ignored despite learning about it in High School Economics. Personally, (again, not believing in coincidence when there is a REASONABLE explanation) it is COMPLETELY fair to assume that the Xbox One's terrible performance has everything to do with the sales jump, and NOT the WiiU's supposed tiny fanbase. E.G. a potential substitute has just disappeared, consumers are shifting their tastes to something that actually runs games as a priority, and the entire sensible chunk of the xbox fanbase (so a good 20%!) has just opened up as a market.

Doesn't surprise me. Wii U and PS4 look like the only gaming consoles coming out this gen. I can't imagine a lot of people will want to shell money for the same entertainment system they can get with an HDTV.

Still hoping the system doesn't crash, but Microsoft will need big exclusives this year outside of Halo.

erttheking:

Yeah, not much else to say here. The Xbone and the PS4 aren't even out yet and Nintendo has already won this generation's console war. Though I'm still willing to give the PS4 a shot, the Xbone reveal turned out to be the ultimate advertising campaign for Microsoft's rivals.

Dont feed the haters bro. Its not their fault they dont have basic market training, or a stable frontal lobe, or just plain mad.

A significant note and some good news for Nintendo but realistically all it really means is that maybe a percent or two of people in Great Britain were unimpressed with the Xbone reveal and decided to jump on the Nintendo bandwagon. Considering Wii U sales were extremely low at the moment to begin with it wouldn't take that many buying to get a 800% sales increase. They still need to get their 1st class games out, and if people would show a little patience they will come, to really start moving the console.

xPrometheusx:

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

Seriously?

Okay, first, unless everything else in the world above the WiiU in rank yesterday suddenly stopped selling, increase in sales rank = increase in sales. Personally, not believing in coincidence except in the rare case where it is the only explanation (meaning 'there is no explanation'), I'll go ahead and associate the WiiU's jump in rank* with it's sales increasing. Assuming that everything else stayed roughly the same price and sold roughly the same amount of units, that should equate to the WiiU's sales shooting up 875%.the entire sensible chunk of the xbox fanbase (so a good 20%!) has just opened up as a market.

Again. As the article linked says, the rank jumped up. This is related to sales volume. However, it is not sales volume. Not sure why completely misrepresenting a story gets a free pass from people like you, but it sure as hell should not.

I can't explain to someone like you how rank in sales does not equal to volume sold without some kind of hammer, so I'll use numbers instead.

If you sell one WiiU and then you sell 8.75, that's an increase worth noting. If only so that people can misrepresent what a % figure is on a forum. In terms of sales it's still pathetic.

However, if you sell 200,000 and become the 875th ranked item on the Amazon marketplace, from your previous ranking of 8,750,000 after selling 2, that's a bigger physical increase.

However

You can't just fucking assume "all things will remain equal" because this is not the hypothetical world that economists make up as they go along, this is the actual world where people live.

Economists are the biggest fucking cheaters in the world, because they're the only people who can make up a model, work out that it's wrong, and then change it later and claim they were always right. Your hypotheticals, whilst well suited for a 10th grade scenario, do not hold up in the real world.

ResonanceSD:

xPrometheusx:

ResonanceSD:

Seriously?

Okay, first, unless everything else in the world above the WiiU in rank yesterday suddenly stopped selling, increase in sales rank = increase in sales. Personally, not believing in coincidence except in the rare case where it is the only explanation (meaning 'there is no explanation'), I'll go ahead and associate the WiiU's jump in rank* with it's sales increasing. Assuming that everything else stayed roughly the same price and sold roughly the same amount of units, that should equate to the WiiU's sales shooting up 875%.the entire sensible chunk of the xbox fanbase (so a good 20%!) has just opened up as a market.

Again. As the article linked says, the rank jumped up. This is related to sales volume. However, it is not sales volume. Not sure why completely misrepresenting a story gets a free pass from people like you, but it sure as hell should not.

I can't explain to someone like you how rank in sales does not equal to volume sold without some kind of hammer, so I'll use numbers instead.

If you sell one WiiU and then you sell 8.75, that's an increase worth noting. If only so that people can misrepresent what a % figure is on a forum. In terms of sales it's still pathetic.

However, if you sell 200,000 and become the 875th ranked item on the Amazon marketplace, from your previous ranking of 8,750,000 after selling 2, that's a bigger physical increase.

However

You can't just fucking assume "all things will remain equal" because this is not the hypothetical world that economists make up as they go along, this is the actual world where people live.

Economists are the biggest fucking cheaters in the world, because they're the only people who can make up a model, work out that it's wrong, and then change it later and claim they were always right. Your hypotheticals, whilst well suited for a 10th grade scenario, do not hold up in the real world.

You know, I imagine you would get a lot farther with people if you stopped insulting them.

erttheking:

Sure. That doesn't change the fact that 1) your headline is misleading and misrepresenting of the actual facts of the story and 2) I'm still right.

ResonanceSD:

erttheking:

Sure. That doesn't change the fact that 1) your headline is misleading and 2) I'm still right.

You've done very little to convince me of that.

I don;'t think this has any impact on who will win the console war; waaaay to early to be relevant, just like the wiiU's initial failing itself. That said....

LOL

I was waiting to see the positive impact on Nintendo! I mean, their console is out. If Sony's Stock jumped from how awful the Xbox was and they don't even have PS4 on shelves, having a console out now must be a damned good position to be in.

Well they've lost at least one sale to Nintendo or Sony. My niece and nephew don't have constant net access or their own hdtv and they frequently borrow from my games collection.

I simply can't buy them an Xbone.

I think Microsoft simply cannot compute as to how on earth this is happening. The answers quite obviously there but they just want to ignore it.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked