RUMOR: Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty Land (+Other XBone Titles)

According to a leaked image that has recently surfaced, there is going to be a new Banjo-Kazooie Game coming for the Xbox 1, entitled: "Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty Land". This is simply a rumor, and no one knows anything about this game.

If it's true, I pray that Grunty Land is like Banjo-Kazooie or Tooie. Nuts and Bolts was fun, but it wasn't really Banjo-Kazooie.

"Grunty Land" sounds like an amusement park. I could see that setting lending itself well to a hub-based level design similar to the older games. Or it could wind up like a collection of minigames.

Also, are there two new Halo games on that list?

Halo 5, another Halo, Forza, Dead Rising, Banjo and Fable. Sounds about right. Looks neat I guess? Not a whole lot that would get me excited. Curious to see if anyone would think those games would be system sellers.

Incoming Banjo Kazooie City Simulator or some shit like that. Even if it was more like the originals, it'll probably be linear as fuck. It's too late, Rare. I don't know why, but for whatever reason, you stuffed that golden goose with so many Microsoft points it blew up.

Starnerf:
"Grunty Land" sounds like an amusement park. I could see that setting lending itself well to a hub-based level design similar to the older games. Or it could wind up like a collection of minigames.

Likely the latter, and for Kinect to boot considering the state of Rare... now I'm sad.

Also, are there two new Halo games on that list?

Looks like something called Halo: Spartan Assault, if I were to infer anything. Spin-off in the vein of Reach, maybe?

I'd like to be excited for Banjo-Kazooie, Lord knows it, but I just can't see anything like the double lightning strikes of Kazooie and Tooie coming from Rare anymore.

I never actually played any of the Banjo Kazooies, but I hope for the sake of the fans that it's a return to form and not another Nuts 'n' Bolts. I know how long you guys been waitin'.

I'm so game for Deadrising 3 though. Or "De3drising" if that's what we're gonna be calling it. Probably wouldn't buy a console for it, but I still like the series.
If that's even what the DE3 is.

shrekfan246:

Starnerf:

Likely the latter, and for Kinect to boot considering the state of Rare... now I'm sad.

Well, if this is true, at least Microsoft are sticking to ripping off ideas from Nintendo.

Microsoft HQ, Redmond

"What's that? One of Nintendo's launch titles was a theme-park based series of mingames centred around motion controls? And it was called Nintendo Land? Well... fuck! We'll make a game like that too. With Kinect! And we'll call it Xbox La- er, wait, that doesn't sound all that good. Microsoft La- oh good god no, that'll never sell. Windows Land? Christ, this isn't going to work. Oi, you, intern! What's the name of that franchise we picked up when we bought out Rare?"

"Erm... you mean Conker, sir?"

"No, no, the other one. You know, with the bear and the bird coming out of his ass! Banjo Kaphooey?

"Banjo Kazooie, sir. And there was a witch in it named Gruntilda."

"Gruntilda! That's it. We'll call the game Grunty Land! I'm a fucking genius! It's alright everyone! I've got this puppy back on track!"

"But sir, wouldn't it be a bit obvious to have a game ripping off Nintendo Land like that? And Grunty Land is a name open to all sorts of jokes and piss-taking, sir.

"Intern?"

"Yes sir?"

"Intern. Go home."

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

shrekfan246:

Starnerf:

Well, if this is true, at least Microsoft are sticking to ripping off ideas from Nintendo.

Microsoft HQ, Redmond

"What's that? One of Nintendo's launch titles was a theme-park based series of mingames centred around motion controls? And it was called Nintendo Land? Well... fuck! We'll make a game like that too. With Kinect! And we'll call it Xbox La- er, wait, that doesn't sound all that good. Microsoft La- oh good god no, that'll never sell. Windows Land? Christ, this isn't going to work. Oi, you, intern! What's the name of that franchise we picked up when we bought out Rare?"

"Erm... you mean Conker, sir?"

"No, no, the other one. You know, with the bear and the bird coming out of his ass! Banjo Kaphooey?

"Banjo Kazooie, sir. And there was a witch in it named Gruntilda."

"Gruntilda! That's it. We'll call the game Grunty Land! I'm a fucking genius! It's alright everyone! I've got this puppy back on track!"

"But sir, wouldn't it be a bit obvious to have a game ripping off Nintendo Land like that? And Grunty Land is a name open to all sorts of jokes and piss-taking, sir.

"Intern?"

"Yes sir?"

"Intern. Go home."

Congratulations, you just made a laugh turn into despondent crying.

Though to be fair, "Witchyworld" and "Grunty Industries" were already in Tooie, and depressing as it may be "Banjoland" was in Nuts & Bolts.

I don't know how fair that's really being though.

I'm just disappointed that I can't even manage any tentative excitement for a new Banjo title. Tooie is one of my favorite games ever, enough so that I re-bought it on the Xbox 360...

Nintendo never would've gutted Rare so horribly. D:

.....DAMMIT. I'm sorry, I was getting my hopes up that when Microsoft announced they were releasing a "Historic" Rare game, that would've meant Killer Instinct (because y'know, they fell through time and... yeah). So I was honestly getting a little psyched about that prospect. If this rumor is true then I'm not going to be a happy camper. Make no mistake Banjo-Kazooie (and Banjo-Tooie) were great games, but KI holds a bigger place in my heart.

http://youtu.be/vQ04--fB3S0?t=2m53s This is the ending of Nuts and Bolts where Grunty is locked in a video game factory and says she'll make her own game. So Grunty Land has been planned since 2008. It would be interesting to see what this game is if it's real. Bottles in Nuts and Bolts says people don't want cute platformer's, they want to shoot things. Nuts and Bolts is probably the most cynical game ever made. If this new game is real and it's a Kinect game, I'll die a little inside.

I'm kinda surprised there's no Gears of War in it. Maybe it's in the spot to the right of Forza.

After the Nuts and Bolts disaster I'm not gonna swarm to the Xbone just because the put it on the list.

First off, the Rare team that his here now, is not the same Rare team that created Banjo Kazooie in the first place. I'm skeptical that they have the same passion and drive for B-K as the original staff.
Secondly we don't know if the game is going to even be a platformer, and if it is- will it live up to the standards of it's predecessors.
Nice try Micro$oft.

While I would love a new Banjo Kazooie, I have little faith in whatever group wears the corpse of Rare in making a good Banjo Kazooie game. So it will not convince me to get an Xbone. As for Fable IV that is the only thing that could potentially get me to buy the Xbone, but it will more then likely come out on PC as well, so I don't really have anything to worry about.

Oh no...I told myself that the only thing that could get me to buy an Xbox One is a new Banjo game. Well, a good Banjo game. If it ends up being some sort of Nintendo Land game with Banjo characters, count me out.

I'm hoping it's a spiritual Banjo-Threeie, but will more than likely be a parody of NintendoLand. Rubbing it in after Nintendo tried to buy the franchise back off Microsoft last year.

I'm in. I'm one of the rare BK fans who enjoyed all 3 games, so I'm definitely onboard for Grunty Land, even if it is in the vein of Nuts & Bolts. If it has the trademark Rare humor, I could even handle it being a kart racer.

Hmm... I wonder if MS has the rights to the original characters from Diddy Kong Racing? Obviously Diddy is off limits, but they have Banjo and Tiptup, so...

The real question is, why the fuck would Dead Rising 3 use the 3 for an 'a' instead of the FUCKING 'E'. I don't mind number substitutions, but I miss the good old days when the numbers tried to look like the letters.

Remember one thing, at the end of Nuts and Bolts Grunty said to us gamers, while working at L.O.G.'s factory "Wait until I make my own videogame!". Grunty Land must be because she created a videogame and Banjo and Kazooie have to go there and kick some ass. Here's the cutscene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1-JSiGTAIs , watch at 3:25.

I hope like Sonic The Hedgehog, Rare leaves their Rock Bottom, they can't go any lower and if they make a B-K game like the good ol'days, it means they are climbing out of the pit.

Hey old school gamers. Remember that old loveable platformer we mistakingly turned into a train wreck of a game in the 360 reboot?

We turned it in a collection of kinect-supported minigames now which, will somehow still be less amusing then wii-sports was years ago.

You're welcome

-Microsoft

I don't care what Microsoft put on that thing, I'm not buying one. And I'm calling the Xbox One a thing because I really have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be.

Banjo & Kazooie are dead, I'll just play the first two ones again and pretend that the rest never happened.

Even if it was a return to form I wouldn't buy it. All the talent from Rare has left,--except maybe Greg Mayles(?)--and only a withered husk remains.

Are we sure that's a games? Maybe it's just another TV show you can watch on your trusty Xbone.

Yeah. After the flop that is Nuts 'n' Bolts almost five years ago, there is no hype for another Banjo-Kazooie game. People who want Banjo-Kazooie are going to stick with the Marketplace remake on the 360.

So, you're making the worst console of all time and trying to get me to buy it anyway by trying to sell my childhood back to me huh? Microsoft, you certainly are crafty I'll give you that, but even if this is the new Banjo Kazooie game I've wanted so desperately since I was six years old, I ain't buying it.
But honestly, I wager it'll just be another Nuts N' Bolts anyway.

I pray to God it is back to the classics like Banjo-Kazooie and the even better Banjo-Tooie. If it is anything like NintendoLand/Nuts&Bolts then that would be the final nail in the coffin for me and I WON'T be buying an XBone.

What is the game in the bottom left corner I wonder?

Captcha: SONY

LOL I think I might have to make the move to you...maybe.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked