Rumour: Kingdom Hearts III at E3? (leaked pictures)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The above is a seemingly-legitimate picture taken of a banner at E3, the implication being that someone within the vicinity or assisting build the stage floors ready for the conference took the picture. This comes after news that Sony is seemingly preparing to announce a string of exclusive titles for the PS4 after rumours that Microsoft are scooping up third-party developers for their console before Sony can snatch them up.

Seeing as the last numerical Kingdom Hearts installment was Kingdom Hearts II for the PS2 back in 2005, it's frankly about time that the next main game was released. Having grown up loving the franchise, it's personally something I'd be extremely hyped for - and, to be honest, expected to be happening, having assumed that the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix for the PS3 was in preparation for a potential Kingdom Hearts III.

Still, this isn't confirmed news so take it all with a pinch of salt and wait for E3 in a few days to see if it is indeed genuine.

Source.

As the article says, it could very well be heart-crushing fake, so we shouldn't get too excited. We will find out very soon though, so pace yourself. Could this be it, the real deal, what we've all been waiting for?

If it is, we may well not have to buy a PS4 to play it either.

UPDATE: Kingdom Hearts III has been confirmed at the Sony Press Conference at E3 with a teaser trailer. Final Fantasy XV was also confirmed with an extended trailer.

EDIT:

Took their fucking time didn't they?
Still if this is real and I do get around to getting a PS4 I doubt I'll get this because of all the "HEY PURCHASE EVERY PLATFORM EVER AND HAVE NO EASY CHRONOLOGY TO UNDERSTAND OUR GAME GG"

Argh, this is frustrating. I'd already decided to not buy a PS4 and now I have to be prepared to entirely change my opinion on it.

Seriously though I don't think I'd be too surprised if this turned out to be true. I mean, it's been quite a while since the last major numbered Kingdom Hearts game and I know Dream Drop Distance is supposed to be a set up for III so I guess it would make sense for Square-Enix to finally announce it now. Shame it doesn't look like it'll be on PS3 though.

I have to admit though, I'm intrigued about the Final Fantasy XV logo besides it. I wonder what Square-Enix are planning to do with that, whether it'll be anything like that tech demo they showed at last year's E3 and the PS4 reveal.

I'm sure someone else will mention this, but that Final Fantasy XV logo is the same as Versus XIII. If this turns out to be true, then we can assume that Versus XIII has become Final Fantasy XV.

This...worries me. I like turn-based RPGs, and I want to keep playing turn-based Final Fantasy games. Having a main series Final Fantasy title be an action RPG is VERY worrisome for me. I love action RPGs as much as the next guy, but I don't want Final Fantasy to go that direction.

This image kind of verifies some Kingdom Hearts game is gonna be there.

Whether it's III or a spinoff, though, is another matter.

Now that's a game that a was curious about. Say, I have PSVita and PS2 emulator, what instance of Kingdom Hearts should I start from?

I don't know how to feel about this. I want a Kingdom Hearts game, but development cycles this long normally equal bad game.

But on the other other hand, Kingdom Hearts 3 is enough of a big title that it's actually possible that they might have thrown everything out and started again. If it's for the PS4 I'm going to have to assume that's what happened

BrotherRool:
I don't know how to feel about this. I want a Kingdom Hearts game, but development cycles this long normally equal bad game.

But on the other other hand, Kingdom Hearts 3 is enough of a big title that it's actually possible that they might have thrown everything out and started again. If it's for the PS4 I'm going to have to assume that's what happened

Tetsuya Nomura (the director and primary designer behind the KH franchise) has been primarily working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the last seven years, not Kingdom Hearts III.

OT: I really wish Square would stop it. They've learned nothing since Jim Sterling's intervention video almost two years ago. They're still announcing title after title without ever releasing anything. They don't even answer questions that everyone is asking, like, oh I don't know, "What the hell's up with Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Final Fantasy XV or whatever the hell you're going to call it now?"

Bloody hell.

I don't care what they do, just so long as they stop acting like Valve and give us a clear-cut answer on what they're actually working on over there.

They just started turning around on how they handle game development in the company. Before they were making a brand new game engine for just about every main series Final Fantasy Title there was, which was the primary reason for the half decade or longer development times. Hypothetically if they create just one scale-able engine for multiple titles then we may actually see Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy vs XIII... or is it Final Fantasy XV now?

BrotherRool:

Kingdom Hearts III would only have just gone into basic production by the time Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance released. It will go fully into production when Tetsuya Nomura releases Final Fantasy Versus XIII or as we are guessing now, Final Fantasy XV.

Mr.Mattress:
This image kind of verifies some Kingdom Hearts game is gonna be there.

Whether it's III or a spinoff, though, is another matter.

That is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD RE:Mix. Not Kingdom Hearts III. Remix was announced at the end of DDD and has already been given a release date in the west (while also already out in Japan, by the way it is freakin' amazing).

alphamalet:
I'm sure someone else will mention this, but that Final Fantasy XV logo is the same as Versus XIII. If this turns out to be true, then we can assume that Versus XIII has become Final Fantasy XV.

This...worries me. I like turn-based RPGs, and I want to keep playing turn-based Final Fantasy games. Having a main series Final Fantasy title be an action RPG is VERY worrisome for me. I love action RPGs as much as the next guy, but I don't want Final Fantasy to go that direction.

I wouldn't worry too much. I am very excited for the game and hope it brings back what I loved about Final Fantasy. Not the graphics, but the ever changing gameplay and fun stories/characters. XIII was fun in parts, but was marred by linearity and really bad characters for the first game.

A Realm Reborn, Kingdom Hearts III, and Versus/XV all look like Square Enix is listening to what fan's want.

hazabaza1:
Took their fucking time didn't they?
Still if this is real and I do get around to getting a PS4 I doubt I'll get this because of all the "HEY PURCHASE EVERY PLATFORM EVER AND HAVE NO EASY CHRONOLOGY TO UNDERSTAND OUR GAME GG"

Well, with the HD collections you can get them all on the one platform, although 358/2 Days is a film rather than a game, and 2.5 hasn't been announced yet. It's pretty heavily implied though.

Also, in an interview somewhere Tetsuya Nomura stated that he intends KH3 to be on the PS3 - if they are announcing it soon just before the PS4 is out, there may very well be a PS3 version.

shrekfan246:

BrotherRool:

Tetsuya Nomura (the director and primary designer behind the KH franchise) has been primarily working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the last seven years, not Kingdom Hearts III.

This ^^ The team that is going to work on Kingdom Hearts III is busy fixing XIV right now, I would find the link but it's late.

Okay, perhaps one of you sharp-eyed youngsters can help me out here. Is there actually a '3' or a 'III' in that image?

Because I am going to laugh so fucking hard if it's a spin-off for PS Vita or something.

Zhukov:
Okay, perhaps one of you sharp-eyed youngsters can help me out here. Is there actually a '3' or a 'III' in that image?

Because I am going to laugh so fucking hard if it's a spin-off for PS Vita or something.

It's not clear on that picture, but I've seen a better one with the subtitle saying Kingdom Hearts III.

As much as I enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series... It's pretty damn hard to feel excited or even happy about something that I haven't played in many years, and frankly gave up on a long time ago. They made so many sequels, prequels, and spin-offs on every manner of console other than real consoles (yes, flame me) that it was like they were purposefully being aggravating.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for it anyway, simply because I did play a few of the others in the series. And if true, at some point I will undoubtedly get the game. Plus, it's good news for Sony if this is true, as it's a pretty big exclusive.

It looks like there are three prongs at the bottom of the heart in the logo, much like the two prongs of the Roman numerals "II" they used in the KH2 logo. Colour me interested, both in KH3 and FFXV. I actually like the idea that a FF title is going to be an action RPG rather than a (semi) turn based RPG, the active time battle system is getting tired in my opinion. I also like what I've seen of the art design for FFXV (or FFVSXIII).

Wadderz:
It looks like there are three prongs at the bottom of the heart in the logo, much like the two prongs of the Roman numerals "II" they used in the KH2 logo.

Unfortunately there's no indication other than those three prongs, but I highly doubt that we're going to see yet another spin-off before the actual next installment. It would make sense, given that the HD collections will include all the previous games, including the handhelds, which will mean that if everyone gets those, they will fully understand the story by the time 3 is finally out.

I haven't been able to find a Japanese translation of the sub-text unfortunately.

Kingdom Hearts 3? If true, then yay, it's about time they got off their asses.

Unless it ends up being a social mobile game. The horror. The indescribable horror.

Trueflame:
As much as I enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts series... It's pretty damn hard to feel excited or even happy about something that I haven't played in many years, and frankly gave up on a long time ago. They made so many sequels, prequels, and spin-offs on every manner of console other than real consoles (yes, flame me) that it was like they were purposefully being aggravating.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for it anyway, simply because I did play a few of the others in the series. And if true, at some point I will undoubtedly get the game. Plus, it's good news for Sony if this is true, as it's a pretty big exclusive.

Not a single one, except maybe 358/2 could be considered a Spin-Off. Each game plays a major part in the overall story.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Trueflame:

Not a single one, except maybe 358/2 could be considered a Spin-Off. Each game plays a major part in the overall story.

Perhaps, I don't really know. My point is mainly just that KH1 was on the PS2, and KH2 was on the PS2, and those seem to be the core games of the series. So for some reason the KH team ended up being very opposed to putting all their eggs in one basket and so put games on just about every system possible... Which makes it impossible for someone without all the systems to get the full storyline. Which I think is a disservice to the fans.

I doubt it, but it would be so nice to see Kingdom Hearts 3 soon. With all the financial trouble with SquareEnix right now I just want them to make KH3, then they have my permission to die.

chimpzy:
Kingdom Hearts 3? If true, then yay, it's about time they got off their asses.

Unless it ends up being a social mobile game. The horror. The indescribable horror.

Shh! Don't give them any ideas!

More excited for the FFXV reveal! Versus XIII looked amazing.

I don't believe it. That's actually III! Look at the bars on the heart behind the letters: two long ones on the side and one short one in the middle.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was gonna be at least one more release before III... Might have been a remake, though. Or I could just be wrong about that completely, that's also possible.

I doubt it. It's probably the HD reslease their working on. It's impossible for square to not announce a game a full decade before release, so I won't get too excited. They can't even BEGIN work on it until after they finish versus 13, because they're made by the same team. They'll announce something kingdom hearts, but it won't be 3.

already saw a thing about this on another forum
It's fake, the logo is taken from a fanmade Kingdom Hearts III story
http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_III:_Reconnect

I've seen that Kingdom Hearts III logo before. I'm pretty sure it was fan-made several years ago. Although, it is a very nice looking logo.

Of course I'll absolutely shit myself if it's true... but I'm not completely convinced.

Alright, I'm always up for some Kingdom Hearts. The likelyhood of this actually being KH3 is pretty good, but honestly, I'd be fine if it was another spin-off.

With the exception of CoM, the handheld KH games have been reliably fun to play. I'm sure that whatever the cards deal us, we'll get a good game.

That being said... I WOULD definitely like this to be KH3. Some closure to everything that's been happening in the games would be nice at this point.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Trueflame:

Actually, so far, Re:Coded is the one that brings the least to the table, although what Days brings isn't immediately obvious.

alphamalet:

My fingers are now crossed until it is confirmed Versus has gotten this promotion. I wouldn't worry too much about the sub-genre route into action rpg turf though, FF has always experimented with gameplay and they already have two mmo's. With that said, they'd better tie the announcement with an aproximate release date.

KarmaTheAlligator:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Trueflame:

Actually, so far, Re:Coded is the one that brings the least to the table, although what Days brings isn't immediately obvious.

Re:Coded at least brings some good gameplay, Days has a bad story and the worst gameplay in the series

hatok:

KarmaTheAlligator:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Re:Coded at least brings some good gameplay, Days has a bad story and the worst gameplay in the series

Days' worth is subjective. I loved the story and the gameplay was fine, the biggest default would be the tiny amount of damage you do compared to the health bars of the enemies.

Re:Coded, yes, it had good gameplay, although extremely repetitive, and a completely irrelevant story.

hatok:
already saw a thing about this on another forum
It's fake, the logo is taken from a fanmade Kingdom Hearts III story
http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_III:_Reconnect

Nevermind then, moving on

Trueflame:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Trueflame:

Perhaps, I don't really know. My point is mainly just that KH1 was on the PS2, and KH2 was on the PS2, and those seem to be the core games of the series. So for some reason the KH team ended up being very opposed to putting all their eggs in one basket and so put games on just about every system possible... Which makes it impossible for someone without all the systems to get the full storyline. Which I think is a disservice to the fans.

Personally, I never thought that as you can play every game in the series on only 3 seperate systems. The PS2, the DS Lite and the PsP.

Anyways, for people like you they are doing the HD Collection which will have every single game in the series, except Dream Drop Distance in some form or another for PS3. 1.5 (KH1, RE:COM, 358/2) and 2.5 (KH2, BBS, RE:Coded) will both be released by the end of 2014. KH 2.5 will be released in 2014 while 1.5 is releasing here later this year.

Holy shit. I have never been more excited for E3 than I ever have at this exact moment. My body is so damn ready it hurts.

I gotta start another playthrough of the series from front to back one of these days. Damn...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked