Most pointless character in a game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

The pedestrians in Grand Theft Auto...they just seem to always be in the way

D_987:
Rock in SC4. His story in pathetic, and he's a clone of better characters.

Naw, Dude not even Rock is teh shit, and he is not CLONE if u gonna say asteroth, or any other character thats bs. because he was in the original soulblade dude i mean WTF how dont u know this.

Nero if it doesn´t turn out to be a reincarnated Virgil.

poleboy:

aquacoma:
Sephiroth, in fact that whole game was pointless.

Man, you are the worst troll I've seen in a long time. That barely annoyed me. You could at least have thrown in a lulz, misspelled words, exclamation marks or something. You're just not trying, man...

So anybody who dislikes games that you don't is a troll just because of how they phrase their statements?

Dragonfall:
That new character in Half-Life 2, Ep 2. Morrison, I think. Where the hell did he come from?

I have to agree with this. The story should have still gone along smoothly without any other major character introductions, but this guy seems to slow the flow. All he does is bitch to Dr. Kliener (Spelling?) for half of the episode and whine for Freeman to hurry the hell up.

Just a thought, but over on GameFAQs the Character Battle is coming up again, which means I'd be remiss if I didn't mention L-Block from Tetris. I've been a member over there for eight years and I've never seen anything as utterly hilarious as L-Block beating Link in the final round last year.

nathan-dts:
Oh got another fighting game one; Olimar, Lucas, Ness, Dedede, Snake, Mario, Luigi and Peace from SSBB.

You dare mock the great Olimar! A good Olimar player ought to be giving you a good ass whipping right about now. He's one of the best!

Anyways, little sisters from Bioshock. It's moral choice because your not suppose to kill cute little girls. Little girls? The way I see it I'm only killing a bunch of ones and zeroes.

Navi. I can travel on my own thank you very much.

Having played through most of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic this week, I can safely say that Leanna (during the times she's traveling with you) is such an absolutely useless companion that she serves to be the anti-Alyx (as in Alyx Vance from HL2). Why?

- Her only offensive spell is Flame Arrow, the weakest one in the game, and since she spends most of her time with you in orc territory (and orcs are resistant to fire) that spell is all but useless.
- She is unarmed and unarmored, making her a chew toy for any enemy carrying something more dangerous than a loofa.
- Her health is so low that she will literally die to two slashes of an orc's weapon.
- She will rush out into combat at the first sight of opponents, yet has no grasp on the concept of retreating when they close in.
- She has a healing spell that she will cast on you... once every thirty seconds.
- If she dies, you fail your mission.

Combat in this game is diffcult enough without having to ensure your opponent doesn't just rush by you to go slice up the soft, squishy meat puppet in the short skirt behind you.

42manZ:
The Turian in your party (can't remember the name) in Mass Effect. Even the Krogan had a part to play in however you try to calm him down, the Turian was just useless

Garrus Vakarian. I second that. I even tried running around with him for a bit, but he's just not interesting or good for anything specific enough to make him worth dragging around.

I would like to make a general assertion on the behalf of all "familiars". WHY does a wizard need to drag along a useless little tamagochi? They became particularly annoying in NwN2 after Mask of the Betrayer came out because it practically took an act of God to get your idiot companions to stop summoning the worthless little things every time you turned around.

And for the love of money if you're going to have a druid in the party they shouldn't have a BADGER for an animal companion. Not a dire badger. A BADGER. Rrolf the Hireling from the original Pool of Radiance was better than that.

Mr. Reseti!!!!

Your friends in GTA 4. All they do is call you to go bowling then piss at you when you don't call them to do something. All i want to do is kill and steal cars, not go pick up stupid people to do funless crap while they yell at you for driving too fast.

Tomoe251:
Mr. Reseti!!!!

actually he was there for quite a good reason.

The Most pointless characters in gaming are probably 80-90% of the Sonic side cast

alucard_101:
andrew rian in bioshock was pretty pointless, they could've just made atlas the creator of rapture, or the other way around, made andrew the creator and last boss, either way it's just another model the creators had to make, and another voice actor they had to hire

But that was a big point! Making him brought the number of different models in the game up by like 25%!

(Ok, not quite - but for such a beautiful game Bioshock has a pitiful, even shameful lack of character models. Andrew Ryan DID play his part though, and had a name so totally different from Ayn Rand that we would have an even harder time to spot that the game was inspired by her crappy writings.)

Frankly, I'm going for every single member of your team in Call of Duty 4, it's always up to me to push forward, whereas they will stay there all day and just shoot blindly at what appears to be nothing, so there we go Captain Price, you get my gold star for Moist Pointless Character In a Game, I hope you're proud of yourself.

GenHellspawn:

poleboy:

aquacoma:
Sephiroth, in fact that whole game was pointless.

Man, you are the worst troll I've seen in a long time. That barely annoyed me. You could at least have thrown in a lulz, misspelled words, exclamation marks or something. You're just not trying, man...

So anybody who dislikes games that you don't is a troll just because of how they phrase their statements?

No, he's a (suspected) troll because he attacked a game known for having lots of fanboys with an argument that didn't make any sense. How can the main antagonist be pointless? :/

nathan-dts:
The gaming industry has had many characters that don't help the story at all but I want to know who you think was the worst.

My vote would have to be for the majority of the Tekken characters; every character besides those with the devil gene or those who want the devil gene, the rest of the roster have no story, there just there so while your battleing through Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi's storylines its is longer than two battles.

[EDIT] Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law are also good bringing the interesting characters to a total of five

Pointless from a story perspective quite possibly yes I dont know I have been out of Tekken for quite a while pointless from a gameplay perspective absolutely not they provide much needed diversity Tekken wouldnt be much fun with just the mishimas Marshall Law and Paul Phoenix although I never remember Pauls story being particularly relevant to the game (cant remember laws wasnt it all about cooking?).

tottb0x:
The final boss in FF9, I think his name was Neco? You play through the game and never here of him once and then all of a sudden he's like MUHHAHAHA FIGHT ME. Which begs the question, "why" but there's no real answer. No one talks about it before or after, but he's the final boss.

Yeah he was called Necro I believe and he was pretty pointless suddenly hes there its one of the things that really bugged me about FFIX his actual inclusion weakened the game imo, They did something similar at the end of IV as well which really pissed me off as Golbez was awesome up until the very end and then they just went crazy and ruined him.

My most pointless character in a game would be the grunt who pops up (from nowhere) to inform you of battle preparations at one point in Valkyria Chronicles he says one line (badly) and then disappears again forever.Why they had to use some generic looking no name character for this one line is bizarre why not just use someone from your squad who have each been given some personality and visual distinction but no mr no name generic face is used instead, seriously he only has one line and it sounds like hes reading it off a piece of paper because presumably one small sentence is to long to memorise I think it was only 5 words or so.

Tagalong kids like Vaan and Penelo.

They add nothing to the story and are annoying as hell.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice the necro'ed thread...

Stagger P:
The dragon fly that follows Spyro the Dragon around.

Apparently it later got the name Cynder.

That thing was largely pointless.

The dragonfly was named Sparx. You're thinking about that one character from The Legend of Spyro series.

Dragonfall:
That new character in Half-Life 2, Ep 2. Morrison, I think. Where the hell did he come from?

As forced and random as he was he wasn't pointless, he made the Mangusson device and advanced the plot.

OT:

Fuck Grunt, he was sorta cool but had zero relevance. He didn't tie in with the collectors in the slightest (except for one throwaway line by Okeer), he didn't add anything to the plot, he was just...there.

Th3Ch33s3Cak3:
The Blades from Skyrim. They tell you to go do this and do that, but they never actually help.

-.-
We really need to get into what "Pointless" means.

Pointless means they have no relevance in the story, don't advance the plot, etc.

The blades, even if useless, have a point in the overall plot of the game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked