Upcoming games. Best/worst thing that could happen.

Hey i've not seen a thread like this, hopefully it won't get locked or what have you and i've only made a few threads before so bear with me!
So i was wondering what everyone things the Best/worst thing which could happen with each upcoming games! This is by no means a pessamastic upcoming game bashing thread.
For example!

Fable 2 - Best thing that could happen is that it could be innoative, fun and the co-op is a great success. Worst thing that could happen is its basically Fable with a dog added onto it.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Best thing that could happen is that it could be the fun, unrestrained Star Wars game that we've been waiting for. Worst thing that could happen is Psi-Ops with lightsabers.

Street Fighter IV - Best thing that could happen is that it could improve upon SFIII's handling while delivering buttery smooth graphics and animations. Worst thing that could happen is... Next Gen Street Fighter EX: Not that bad... Not that good... And ultimately forgotten.

Heavy Rain. Best thing, the plot and controls all come together and it's the best console adventure game ever. Worst thing, it's an unplayable clumsy mess with good faces. (And considering the last game Quantic Dream made was Indigo Prophecy, and it managed to do both at once, this is going to be interesting)

Fallout 3-the best thing that could happen is that player mods turn it into a sort of never ending fallout story. The worst thing that decide to stop supporting modders, release 'dog armor' dlc and charge 6$ for it.

Gears 2

best thing- better online, less "Shotgun Dancing" actual working
worst thing- Halo 2 ending

Gears of War 2

Best thing(Loved by most for awesome graphics,gameplay,and badassery,Hated by Yahtzee(therefore hated by Escapist)

Worst thing(Loved by most for awesome graphics,gameplay,and badassery,Hated by Yahtzee(therefore hated by Escapist)

my worst case fallout 3 is that it entirely forgets that Fallout is defined by it's comedy. Yes, you're in a post apocalyptic world with horrible mutants and monsters running around, and big robot-armored people that shoot innocent people stepping out of fallout shelter... but they do it with a certain comedic style that is unique to Fallout (and also Bioshock to some extent, the Plasmid previews in any case)

If Bethesda messed with that, I'm going to boycott them for life, or at least until Fallout 4 comes out and fixes it, because Elder Scrolls isn't good enough to ruin Fallout.

Gears 2
Best-Horde
Worst-Kids lacking puberty playing online

Spore

Best thing: It is everything we hoped it could be, and is given free updates after launch.
Worst thing: The creature filtering system breaks, so the universe is filled with penis-creatures. EA makes several expansions and sells them all at full price.

*cough*Sims*cough*

Fable 2- Best thing would be for it to have the large option of immersive open world gameplay with innovative AI(the dog, some new bad dudes)

Worst thing- traveling town to town performing the monotnous tasks over and over for a generic predictable outcome ie(assassins creed)

Gears of War 2

best- has same style and play as the first one but still add on enough where it's not like playing the same game over.

worst- the hype machine blows this game out of proportion for a mediocre game with crap review sites giving it a 10 ie(GTA 4 and MGS 4) ofcourse this game only has a 2 beside it so it's only good for a 9.5. plus hopefully it's a decent length, most shooters have a real problem of not being able to stay strong past a 8-10 hour campaign.

Mirror's Edge:

Best thing: Not only does the gameplay live up to its potential, but the story surprises us all, much like Portal did last year.

Worst thing: Gameplay gets repetitive and the story is uninspired, making it ultimately forgettable.

LittleBIGplanet -
Best thing - a really fun story mode, simple level creation interface and huge online support with tons of great user made levels

Worst thing - It turns out levels are really complicated to make and pretty much everybody gives up after a few weeks

Brutal Legend

Best - It's the lovechild of Full Throttle and Psychonauts, electrified with the glory of rock.

Worst - I cut myself on the package, get a serious infection, and die before I get to play through it.

Fracture
Best thing - Terraforming works to allow you to change the environment to better suit your weapons, Attention paid by Al Gore for talking about Global Warming

Worst Thing - Terraforming is your only goddamn weapon, attention paid by George W. Bush

Simon_TR:
Brutal Legend

Best - It's the lovechild of Full Throttle and Psychonauts, electrified with the glory of rock.

Worst - I cut myself on the package, get a serious infection, and die before I get to play through it.

Actually, the worst case is that it becomes Vapourware.

Cod5
Best- It lives up to its claim of being a more gritty violent call of duty
Worst- Its cod4 with different skins on the characters and a few more actions

kbag08:
LittleBIGplanet -
Best thing - a really fun story mode, simple level creation interface and huge online support with tons of great user made levels

Worst thing - It turns out levels are really complicated to make and pretty much everybody gives up after a few weeks

Don't even joke about that ...

inFamous:
Best thing: It gives you a huge open world to explore with meaningful moral choices.

Worst thing: Jumping around doesn't work at all, moral choices are meaningless.

Indigo_Dingo:

Simon_TR:
Brutal Legend

Actually, the worst case is that it becomes Vapourware.

Nah, mine is much worse. If it's vapourware, nobody gets to play it. If it gets made, and kills me, only I don't get to play it.

Star Wars the Force Unleashed (PSP)

+ A Good Star Wars game that is ACTUALLY on the PSP

- A bad Star Wars game that is ACTUALLY on the PSP

Alan Wake:

Best Thing - it turns out to be the most atmospheric, thought provoking, survival horror/adventure game to grace our screens in ages.

Worst Thing - it becomes vaporware

Rock Band 2:
Best Thing: A stronger setlist (which I know is there already) combines with more durable drums and strong DLC (which I'm starting to see with the Megadeth album) to make the best music game ever.

Worst Thing: They make the solo in Painkiller really easy and my friends laugh at me for telling them it'll be really hard.

Fallout 3: Best thing that could happen, like the old games but, like, a bajillion times cooler. Like so cool it could punch a cowboy.

Worst thing that could happen, all packages packaged with Anthrax.

Starcraft 2.

Best thing possible: It's a perfect expansion to the first game, story and gameplay-wise. Enough changes to feel like a sequel, but not so much that it doesn't feel like Starcraft at all. Jim Raynor kills Kerrigan.

Worst thing possible: They screw it up, fall to the curse of modern technology and add a bunch of stuff it doesn't need. Everyone buys it because it's Starcraft, and Blizzard makes world of Starcraft. Kerrigan lives.

Mirror's Edge

Best: It's the speed runners game. Great story, great intuitive controls, with a decent length.

Worst: Slow pacing, terrible story, sloppy controls, overly short/long.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Best: It creates an interesting story and believable characters, while connecting them with cleverly thought-through action scenarios that are driven by great technology.

Worst: It turns out to be a tech demo with cut scenes.

OverlordSteve:
Starcraft 2.

Best thing possible: It's a perfect expansion to the first game, story and gameplay-wise. Enough changes to feel like a sequel, but not so much that it doesn't feel like Starcraft at all. Jim Raynor kills Kerrigan.

Worst thing possible: They screw it up, fall to the curse of modern technology and add a bunch of stuff it doesn't need. Everyone buys it because it's Starcraft, and Blizzard makes world of Starcraft. Kerrigan lives.

Best: Kerrigan kills Raynor/turns Raynor. Duran kills everyone.

Worst: Artanis rules the Khalite Protoss... oh wait... DAMNIT!!!!

camomilk:
Mirror's Edge:

Best thing: Not only does the gameplay live up to its potential, but the story surprises us all, much like Portal did last year.

Worst thing: Gameplay gets repetitive and the story is uninspired, making it ultimately forgettable.

I'll second this one. As a freerunner, I really hope this game does well. It'd be really cool to see other people using Parkour besides that one bad guy in the fourth "Die Hard" or werewolves in "Blood and Chocolate".

Infinity: Quest for Earth (Info)

Best: It becomes literally the biggest Space Sim game ever (and probably wont be surpassed in size), the community goes into the scale of World of Warcraft, and it is the best space sim since Freelancer in terms of gameplay.

Worst: Its Starport: GE in full 3D...

Jumplion:

kbag08:
LittleBIGplanet -

Don't even joke about that ...

inFamous:
Best thing: It gives you a huge open world to explore with meaningful moral choices.

Worst thing: Jumping around doesn't work at all, moral choices are meaningless.

According to the gameplay videos, the movement looks quite good. And the choices are meaningful. But then, we can't judge until it is in our hands.

Fallout 3

Best thing: It'll be a fun game that is in spirit with the older games in the series and retains its trademark sense of humour.

Worst: It becomes Oblivion with guns.

Fallout 3

Best: It lives up to the name

Worst: From the videos that came out, it's a Fallout inspired shooter, that was made from oblivion mod tools, and someone hired Lucien Lachance to be Mister Burke. At least VATS and punching peoples heads off looks nice. (Oh and for some fucking reason, Bethsoft doesn't want to release a construction set!)

LittleBigPlanet

Best: A breath of fresh air, loads of fun, hilarity, and endless possibilites

Worst: It's not very intuitive, creating is boring, tedious and not so fun or rewarding, the community is smaller than my ****, and everyone pre-ordered from gamestop, and there is a plethora of Kratos sackboys.

ElArabDeMagnifico:

LittleBigPlanet

Best: A breath of fresh air, loads of fun, hilarity, and endless possibilites

Worst: It's not very intuitive, creating is boring, tedious and not so fun or rewarding, the community is smaller than my ****, and everyone pre-ordered from gamestop, and there is a plethora of Kratos sackboys.

There should be some Narikos. Plus, considering you can mnake a Snake sackboy from Scratch, I think people are likely to just make the Sackpeople they want. As for unintuitive and boring - well, we can only see. While all reports make it sound good, that Sackzilla video actually filled me with a little dread. But we shall see.

Resistance 2: Best that can happen - A brilliant continuation of the story, two gripping storylines, useful and fun weaponary that lend themselves to dazzling situations, class system is fresh, unique and has noticeable variability, the online modes are varied and vibrant, the enemies are stunning, the boss fights are epic, and the Health Bar returns for single player Campaign (hey, this is what I think woul be best).

Worst case scenario - TF2 and COD 4, only much less polish, and with aliens.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked