Stressful Games and Relaxing Games

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Do you ever find yourself wondering why you're playing a game cos it's stressing you out so much just to play it? Dying over and over again, unable to complete a level or rank up..

And other games, they're so easy that you feel like God, and could play for hours.

Name your worst and best games for your stress levels.

I for one have to say that the games that get me riled fastest have to be CoD4 and Halo 3. Both get me narked off with the world and leave me wishing I had a gun IRL pretty fast. As for the calming games, I sincerely enjoy Audiosurf and similar games, ones with only one gameplay dimension that can't throw you curveballs!

Psychonauts : Circus Levels to really test my patience.

GTA:VC for releasing it.

For me, most relaxing game can be Garry's Mod depending on if I have my sound muted or not. I have found Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper 2 very relaxing recently aswell, mainly as i reminisce in my past memories of those 2 games.

As for the ones that can piss me off, i'm going with Halo 3. To put it simply, one should not have to rely on luck when playing against the world. Especially if you don't live in America.

Modern games can't touch this baby: LOLO3.

Just the very mention of THAT name brings back bad, bad memories of my childhood. That bastard was waay to hard for me at my age. It was borrowed and I wanted to play it a lot but, to me at least, was insane hard. No matter the damn thing made you feel like an idiot when you inevitably died-I remember LOLO kind of crying and crumbling into a heap of misery, or at least that's how it looked like to me. I had to keep playing to beat the damn game not to clear it.

It's safe to assume i could never beat LOLO3.

Fuck you LOLO3, just fuck you...

Relaxing-Mercs2, when I can blow up shit.

Stressful-Mercs2, when I have to do those goddamn driving missions.

Relaxing: Any Dynasty Warriors game, i love seeing hundreds of insignificant soldiers flying through the air.

Stressful: Gotta be Guitar Hero, its fine untill you start to get to the last few songs and then you will never, ever be able to do them, its controller breaking fury after about the 17h try.

Relaxing: Harvest Moon. Any of them. Provided you don't take the game seriously, I do not believe there to be anything more relaxing.

Stressful: One of the older Mario games. You understand, they're Nintendo Hard. I grind my teeth when I have to repeatedly jump and kill myself in a level.

Shadow of the Colossus is another that stressed me out. And Dark Cloud 2 relaxes me. The entire Ratchet and Clank series does both.

PixelJunkEden is a good relaxing game, but at the same time frustrating when you just missed the seed and fall a hundred feet back to the ground.

God damnit, it's annoying!

Painkiller with the sound low is one of the most relaxing games I have ever played.

In a slightly sadistic sort of way.

Stressful game: The World Ends With You. I have this habit of biting my lip during difficult gameplay, and needless to say I was bleeding quite a bit by the time I finished the main storyline. Getting the hang off all the frantic stylus smashing is a kick in the balls.

Also FFIV, with the difficulty ramped up to miserable. Remakes don't necessarily need to be harder, you know.

A nice round of Professor Layton is always calming, though. My only wish for that game is that it could have been longer.

For a game thats purpose is to be relaxing, I'd think something like Afrika.

Any racing mission in a game thats not primarily about racing. Like Mercenaries 2, or that mission in Vice City with that fucking getaway driver in the Sabre Turbo with you in the Sentinel. How the hell do you win that one? I broke my keyboard by mashing it with my fists, then figured out that I could use the garbage truck cheat to block his way.
Now THAT was stressful.

For a relaxing game, Burnout Paradise. Dont ask why, but with the classical music released with the update, it feels so peaceful cruising around the city doing barrel rolls and other acts of splendid tom-foolery.

Relaxing:Dead rising, nothing beats caving in zombie heads with almost anything you can think
of

Stressful:Devil May Cry 3, sure its a great game, but try to beat the game in a difficulty
over easy and you have to face the level bosses almost 2 to 5 times to get it right

What's relaxing and stressful at the same time is Braid. With it's unique art style and relaxing music it's a nice game to unwind and just start playing. That is of course until you run into a puzzle that you are stuck on and you have all your friends trying to figure it out with you yelling at you to jump here and time warp there...

For stressful, I guess I'd go with Lego Star Wars. It's not that it's an incredibly difficult game, I just tend to get really obsessed with finding every last stud, minikit, secret brick and whatever else there is in every last level. It's a TON of collecting, as any LSW fan will tell you.

For relaxing, I'd say Super Mario Sunshine. It's very pleasing tropical atmosphere that always makes me think of summer vacation, and the game mechanics are just plain fun. Sometimes, when I don't feel like playing a platform challenge or a theme stage, I mess around Delfino Plaza, experimenting with all the different nozzle types. I find it very relaxing.

Stressful- Anything with shitty platforming IE all games made in the late 90's.

Stressful: Trauma center: Under the knife. I always get a poor score on that game.

Realxing: Endless Ocean. Always did enjoy the ocean and things like that.

Most frustrating game I can think of: Dead or Alive 4.
Not because it's hard, because every time I lose it's ten times more annoying than in any other game. I dunno why.

Most relaxing game I can think of: None.
If I get into any game at all, I'm too busy playing to relax. And if I don't get into it, I'm too busy being really fed up to relax.

Relaxing: Fable - Not too hard of a game, the combat is quite simple, I like the story and the music is very captivating. Nothing like killing innocent towns folk to wind down after a stressful day.

Stressful: Any Final Fantasy game - My favorite video game series ever, but it's god damn annoying. All the retries of the same boss battles because you don't quite get the strategy right and die. I love em, but they piss me off sometimes.

Just Cause, flying a plane up to as high as you can go (very high indeed), jumping out, then declining to use the parachute at any point. That is relaxing.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is stressful, especially in terrorist hunt, where the enemies have the magic ability to spawn in rooms you have just cleared out and are now facing away from.

Beowolf, only played the first act, it went from ridiculously easy to a stupid boss fight, where I would miss a button by less than 0.2 seconds I get beaten.

Relaxation: I play Garry's Mod, just for the fun of doing basically anything you want. If you load up any of the Half Life 2 maps, you can just play the entire game with G-Mod powers.

Stressful: DOTA, that custom game for Warcraft 3. Once in a while, you get some normal people as teammates, but the rest of the time it's just slander and hate. I don't play it much anymore. People are unbelievably up tight about it.

The Iron Ninja:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is stressful, especially in terrorist hunt, where the enemies have the magic ability to spawn in rooms you have just cleared out and are now facing away from.

QFT.

Terrorists have mastered Quantum Field Theory? Well we're screwed then.

The Iron Ninja:
Terrorists have mastered Quantum Field Theory? Well we're screwed then.

Screwed doesn't even begin to describe it.

The proper term for what we are now that Quantum Field Theory has been mastered by said terrorists would probably get me put on probation (at least) if repeated here.

I found all of Warcraft 3 to be very much stressful, I sucked at it. The computer on easy could beat me when it had less units, lower level heroes and 50 percent of it's normal health.

Shooting the annoying squirells in the head with a sniper rifle in Conker: Live and reloaded was very good at releiving stress. Though I have no idea why, since I love squirells.

relaxing call of duty 4 im allwase in my grove
stressful battle field (bad comp) when im not in my grove

Stressful: N+ for the DS. I don't know why I keep playing it. It is one of the games most likely to cause me to throw my DS into a wall, but the sense of accomplishment from beating each level is great.

Relaxing: Solitaire with a huge pair of headphones and loud music. Solitaire is just really relaxing to me for some reason as long as I'm listening to something.

I find RTSs can be stressful if there's too much going on and you can't manage it all at once. A lot of games do a good job of balancing how much you have to do like Company of Heroes (Best RTS ever as far as I'm concerned), but if they don't you end up racing around the map saving your units from destruction and having no time to plan your next move (like the 1v1 maps in the Endwar beta).

The Iron Ninja:
Just Cause, flying a plane up to as high as you can go (very high indeed), jumping out, then declining to use the parachute at any point. That is relaxing.

Ah! Like at the end of Crank!

Imitation Saccharin :

The Iron Ninja:

I can't believe they are making a sequel to that movie. Yes you read that right a sequel. No, not a prequel a sequel as in he survives falling of a helicopter and landing on a car, then bounces of the car, then survives that fall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

juandonde:

Imitation Saccharin :

The Iron Ninja:

I can't believe they are making a sequel to that movie. Yes you read that right a sequel. No, not a prequel a sequel as in he survives falling of a helicopter and landing on a car, then bounces of the car, then survives that fall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

Sadly enough, that is exactly what can happen in Just Cause. The fall damage system is really weird. I've died from falling off a two story building, but survived a drop from ten thousand feet.

The Iron Ninja:

Sadly enough, that is exactly what can happen in Just Cause. The fall damage system is really weird. I've died from falling off a two story building, but survived a drop from ten thousand feet.

That's because it grades by awesome

The_root_of_all_evil:
Psychonauts : Circus Levels to really test my patience.

Agree!

Relaxing: The Sims 2. I also find ESPN College Hoops 2K5 to be very relaxing because I've beaten the living hell out of it and can breeze through a season without breaking a sweat---if the opposing team has a lead other than, say, 2-0 or 5-4, it's unusual.

Stressful: The Europa Universalis series, because those games are designed for the hardcore strategy gamer and I have a nearly religious dislike of playing any game as the "easiest" factions (with the lone exception of Rome: Total War because the Julii are just that awesome.)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked