Fallout 3-Radio or Your own Music

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What will you be listning to while playing Fallout 3. Will it be your own music or the pitboy 3000 radio system. If its your own music what is it and if its the radio what channel are you listning to.

I would be listning to the the radio particulary onclave radio. Somthing about the martching music makes me wana shoot someone..........Im not voilent.........Really.

Well, the radio music has been chosen because it suits the game, right? I'd probably listen to it until I was sick of it, and then switch it out with some old-timey jazz and blues to keep myself in the Fallout spirit.

Probably a bit of the Radio, but oftentimes nothing i guess.

Just hearing the Wind and the Silence has more Wasteland Atmosphere

I want to listen to that 'Butcher Pete' song they had in the gameplay videos. Nothing like baseball batting Raiders while hearing, "He's hackin' and whackin' and smackin'..."

Probably listen to the ingame music...

Unless of course I get incredibly bored of it, but that is unlikely.

I'm going to turn off the radio and listen to the footsteps of my prey.

Kyriptonite:
...or the pitboy 3000 radio system...

Kyriptonite, I respect your views and love your avatar. But someone with a Fallout avatar should be aware that it's a Pip-Boy, not pitboy.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll stick with the game's soundtrack as long as possible. After that, I'll go with whatever fits the mood. I'll try to keep it '65 or earlier. Ironically a band like Fallout Boy would be wrong for the game.

Depending on how many songs there are, I will either listen to it or put in my own music. Since I will play this game many times, I'll probably get bored in the end because I know all the songs.

EnzoHonda:

Kyriptonite, I respect your views and love your avatar. But someone with a Fallout avatar should be aware that it's a Pip-Boy, not pitboy.

hmm that got me wandering if i make a girl will it be called the Pit-Girl 3000......................OMG wat if its pink!!!

I'm not really sure. On one hand, Fallout 3's going to have all this old timey music, but I've already got a stockpile of old timey music. So probably a bit of both, but I'll turn it off sometimes for that "Ooh you're all alone" feel.

I wonder where Bethesda got the idea to put old music like this in the game: if you play Fallout(2), the only time you hear something like that is in the intro.

I was planning on using the original Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks... Mark Morgan's work on those > the new OST

"hmm that got me wandering if i make a girl will it be called the Pit-Girl 3000......................OMG wat if its pink!!!"

... right.

I'll most definitely be listening to the in-game music. Music is always key in creating a great atmosphere.

Why on earth would you listen to your own music?

I don't understand .mp3 functionality/compatibility.

THe only song i would listen to out of the Fallout 3 game would be "I've got a Lovely Bunch of coconuts" but c'mon, that suits the game more than it needs to!

Godspeed You! Black Emperor would be awesome.

Or no music is often very good - System Shock 2 was best if you just turned the music off so it was spooky quiet, except for the occasional screeches of vivisected monkeys in distance. Oh god, the monkeys.

Copter400:
I want to listen to that 'Butcher Pete' song they had in the gameplay videos. Nothing like baseball batting Raiders while hearing, "He's hackin' and whackin' and smackin'..."

and "chopping up all the women's meat!" or "All you men better protect your wives, because pete don't care about what meat he chops!"

O_o

A lot of the upbeat music doesn't really suit the "Everyone fucking died in a nuclear holocaust" atmosphere for me so I'll be listening to the instrumental guitar strumming or the slower songs like "I don't want to set the world on fire."

onclave radio, just seems to make the game more fun and adds a little irony if you ask me.

Trigger Happy by Weird Al! =D

I'll be giving the original soundtrack a go first. If I like, I'll stick with it. Otherwise rock/metal (Du Hast/Links by Rammstein, Raining Blood by Slayer, etc.)

Probably an infinite loop of It's the End of the World (As We Know It) by R.E.M.
or, like all other games I play, Yakkity Sax

On my first play through I'm always the good guy, so I'll probably just stick to the game radio simply because the developers went through all that trouble.

But the second time around, when I'm on my hardcore-evil playthrough... it's gonna be all metal.

I like to experience a game the way the Devs wanted me to experience it. At least the first few times I play through it.

harhol:
Why on earth would you listen to your own music?

I don't understand .mp3 functionality/compatibility.

In some games the music is so thoroughly awful that only a personal MP3 collection will do. I'm particularly fond of yanking the classical music out of Paradox games (especially Victoria) and using it in The Sims 2. Sims having WooHoo to the sounds of the overture from Carmen---now that's entertainment.

Wait, did they say we could upload our music saved onto the xbox hard drive and play it via the pipboy?

If so, that's freaking awesome, cause approximately 2 games have actually done this in the history of the xbox, and it was supposed to be for every game.

Pyronox:
Wait, did they say we could upload our music saved onto the xbox hard drive and play it via the pipboy?

If so, that's freaking awesome, cause approximately 2 games have actually done this in the history of the xbox, and it was supposed to be for every game.

I don't think so no.

I'd go with the radio. 50's jazz just seems so right with Fallout, although I may occasionally swap it out with "Beyond the Sea" if I ever feel like going on a killing spree. Something about that song just lends itself to brutal murder, or a suave lounge!

i'll listen to the radio stations at first. but i'll probably end up playing some sinatra while mowing down mutants. There's nothing quite like blowing people into space while frank's in the background singing 'fly me to the moon'

Pyronox:

Well you can actually do it for every game. You just plug your MP3 player into one of the 360's USB port, or burn CDs to the hard drive, and play them from the Xbox Guide.

Anyone been to the Fallout 3 site? They've got some really good original tracks there. Mood setting acoustic guitar stuff, really good.

Kyriptonite:
What will you be listning to while playing Fallout 3. Will it be your own music or the pitboy 3000 radio system. If its your own music what is it and if its the radio what channel are you listning to.

I would be listning to the the radio particulary onclave radio. Somthing about the martching music makes me wana shoot someone..........Im not voilent.........Really.

I'd stay with Galaxy News Radio and Enclave Radio...not really Agathas Radio...and by the way, NO offence, but you should spell at least 99% of your words right...unless its on purpose for a joke :D (I hope i didin't make any spelling mistakes)

Does that one mod that adds like a hundred period pieces count as the game or my own?
I mean, I added them all to my music list afterwards, so probably me, but it was custom made for the game, right?

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!

The very first mod I snagged for that game added 100 additional period songs to GNR's playlist. Very needed.

Whoa, old bump.

Personally, I'm a big Three-Dog fan. I'll listen to him until he starts to repeat himself too much for my liking, then I'll switch to Agatha's Station. Once she starts to repeat, I switch back.

I don't usually listen to my own music while gaming, and I never do in any shooters. RPG's like Fallout I usually will, but Fallout's radio stations are enjoyable enough to me that I don't have to.

Hiphophippo:
The very first mod I snagged for that game added 100 additional period songs to GNR's playlist. Very needed.

Ooooh, that'd be nice to have available on Xbox. Hell, it'd probably make a bit of money as a DLC; get rights to a bunch of period music or package in ones that are public domain...

I usually have it on the enclave station because I enjoy hearing Dixie Land. I would listen to GNR more if they had more Herbert Daring Dashwood. I had Three Dog repeat himself almost 3 times before a single episode came on.

My Ipodtouch is named "Pip-Boy 4000" and i have the all the songs from the game on there. But i have a play list of the songs on Galaxy News Radio and i just listen to that... everyonce in a while i like to hear how bad Three Dog wants to suck my love prod... because im Jesus in that game. JESUS!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here