Soulja Boy the... videogame?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I feel... I feel sick.

Something is wrong with this world.

Soulja Boy:
We’re on our tour bus we got the Gears of War 2 running everyday all day. Grand Theft Auto 4, Call of Duty, and Madden.

Great, classic games they are.

I mean, he says "I'm into video games", yet if you asked him what the Source Engine is he'd probably start rapping at you.

I am, however, glad to see that it will only be on Xbox 360, and will not be dirtying my PC.

xitel:

Caliostro:

xitel:
NO. No... just... no. I hate this thing's "music", and now I hear it's making a VIDEO GAME!?

He does music almost as I good as I juggle giant clumpy chainsaws on fire.

I'm sorry, but "does music"?

He has claimed that the audio pollution he creates is music.

If Hello Kitty can get a MMORPG, the door's open for games to be just about anything. Just throw money at something, and it'll happen.

Urge to kill, rising.

hubertw47:
I have been preparing for this day, *cocks shotgun* we have to KILL him!

I'll get my chainsaw.

Caliostro:

xitel:

Caliostro:

xitel:
NO. No... just... no. I hate this thing's "music", and now I hear it's making a VIDEO GAME!?

He does music almost as I good as I juggle giant clumpy chainsaws on fire.

I'm sorry, but "does music"?

He has claimed that the audio pollution he creates is music.

I'm referring to your use of the word "does".

I forget, what is his "talent" exactly? Oh I remember now...he's a loud mouthed douche-bag. How does a one hit wonder rapper get a game developer to take him seriously? Not that I'm psychic but I see a disastrous third or first person shooter in the near future. Just tell me this, are the same people that are screaming racist at Resident Evil 5 going to raise as much hell about this upcoming travesty? I doubt it, even though most rap is just as racist as any of Adolph Hitler's public rants.

This guy's a bit of a penis isn't he?
I'd never even heard of him until a few weeks ago when he was mentioned on here.
On the plus side it will be lame, and no one will care.

So it is true, the world is really coming to a end...

(sarcasm) Yeah G, we coo reelee use anotta rappa vidE-O game, y'no wot I'm sayin' ******. Afer al everee 1 likt50 Cent: Boolletproof.

(Honesty) Great, now all we need is a game about keyboard who goes off to find the meaning of christmas, and he has to use pokemon attacks to defeat the evil curtain people... y'know I think that game would still be more fun than a Soulja Boy game.

galletea:
I'd never even heard of him until a few weeks ago when he was mentioned on here.

Presumption, rather than curiosity, sometimes kills the cat. I bet this game is going to get a LOT of attention, precisely because of the vitriolic reaction its very existence -- and the existence of Mr. Boy -- is generating.

galletea:

Agree with you there, Never even heard of this guy once. but judging from all the reactions seems he is to be hated.

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO:

DangerChimp:
The august bastion of lyrical prowess and verbal artistry that is Soulja Boy has got himself a video game deal. I died a little inside when I read this. Expect it on X360 next year.

Scroll down to the bottom of the interview, it's the second last question, spoken it true gibberish that has become a hallmark of Mr. Boy: http://www.complex.com/blogs/2008/12/08/soulja-boy-talks-sneakers-arab-money-video-games/

i don't know about you people are going to say about this but

HELL YA a SOULJA BOY VIDEO GAME I THINK THATS DAM AMAZING IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

An excited fan there. He'll be the only one camping outside the store, we predict.

It's times like these that make me smile and think, "good god I'm sure happy that I'm not into that garbage!" Honestly, if I hadn't read it hear, I probably would have never known about it.

Ionait:

NiceGurl_14:

True that these are the games that generate the most cash however, these are also the kind of games that cause the most controversy and create a bad image for all gamers.

I don't think so at all. I don't remember hearing anything gamer bashing about 50 Cent bulletproof, only that most hardcore gamers despised it. Much more news goes toward gamer favorites like Mass Effect and Grand Theft Auto. The games geared toward pulling in new masses (and making lots of money) that feature rappers and other characters like Hannah Montana and the cast of High School Musical don't have the same effect on the media. I really don't see how any of those games will give me a bad rep as a gamer.

Well, the thing about Bulletproof was that it was intended to bring in a lot of new fans to the genre however, I guess in my general area, there was a huge outrage about the violence in the game it was even pulled off the shelves for a little bit here. Games like this give the appearance that all gamers want is nothing but extensive violence and gore, (I am including GTA in that statement as well) that what gives gamers a bad name. some friends and I even had a small show on our cable access channel and it got pulled because of the bad publicity. O.o

Then we have the games like those for HSM and Hannah Montana, these are created specifically for a younger audience and purely to milk the revenue. kinda reminds me of Pokemon. ~ shudders~[/quote]

[/quote]And.. An extra thought. When games feature 'real people' like 50 cent or (I know they're not really real) the cast of High School Musical, the blame is more readily placed on those actual icons, not the industry they're trying to break into. If 50 cent's video game supposedly inspired some kid to rob a bank, for instance, I'm sure 50 cent himself would be thrown into the negative spotlight directly, rather than video gamers, game publishers, etc.[/quote]

Chiasm:

galletea:

Agree with you there, Never even heard of this guy once. but judging from all the reactions seems he is to be hated.

See this parody of his only well known song here, the first line in the song should be more than enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LejcGwMSDQ

MintyFreshBreathGuy:
(sarcasm) Yeah G, we coo reelee use anotta rappa vidE-O game, y'no wot I'm sayin' ******. Afer al everee 1 likt50 Cent: Boolletproof.

(Honesty) Great, now all we need is a game about keyboard who goes off to find the meaning of christmas, and he has to use pokemon attacks to defeat the evil curtain people... y'know I think that game would still be more fun than a Soulja Boy game.

Sort of ironic that your first word in in the honesty section was meant to be said sarcastically.

Oh no. Thats it. Time to burn my Xbox 360 as a protest to keep Microsoft from allowing this. To bad I would need about another five million people doing this for it to work.

Gamer137:
Oh no. Thats it. Time to burn my Xbox 360 as a protest to keep Microsoft from allowing this. To bad I would need about another five million people doing this for it to work.

What makes this even sadder is that a fair chunk of the millions of XBLA members think Soulja Boy is great.

DangerChimp:

Gamer137:

What makes this even sadder is that a fair chunk of the millions of XBLA members think Soulja Boy is great.

Oh, the horrible memories of ten year olds singing Soulja Boy during an FPS match. Good thing I have been playing single-player games for the past three months. Yes, it makes this much more sad.

Fightgarr:

MintyFreshBreathGuy:

Sort of ironic that your first word in in the honesty section was meant to be said sarcastically.

Agreed, but hey mistakes happen... that keyboard game would still be great though.

MintyFreshBreathGuy:

Fightgarr:

MintyFreshBreathGuy:

Agreed, but hey mistakes happen... that keyboard game would still be great though.

The greatest of games.

Ugggggggggggggggggh. *facewall and same indescribably...indescribable expression I had upon learning of the 50 Cent games*

No offense, but...I liked it when video games weren't 100% tied to the concept of media (by which I mean things like pop culture that are expressed through television, film, and music). I like it when games are about obscure/new things that you need, you know, individuality to like. But when the expensive-shoe-buying, pizza-parlor-vandalizing thugs known as my peer group are able to get away with sneaking their stupid 'ideas' and over-hyped idols into forms of entertainment I used to enjoy because I KNEW they didn't like them (although the resulting 'you play video games haha dork' taunting and getting locked in the boys' bathroom for it kind of were a drawback), you know it's going to be shallow and dull at its core because the people BEHIND it are shallow and dull.

Not that everyone who listens to/likes popular things is shallow and dull, I mean, I mean the kind of people who have to define themselves by the accepted norm. This is like that one time I went to the library and found the 'Young Adult Section' dominated by the gossipy hens I tried to distance myself from in high school, all reading 'The Secret Life of Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears' or something like that.

It better come with a controller that has "Act Retarded" button or else I have no idea how the game could be played.

Could you imagine??
ANOTHER HORRIBLE RAPPER-BASED GAME!!!

Jeez no wonder the world is destined to end on 12/12/12 -_-...

Well, its not worst then some of the crud they put on the Wii. Seriously, I can name you ten games worst then that that are coming out on the Wii within a month.

Everyone into the bomb shelter. This is going to be a bad one

Nutcase:
I'm having a fit of optimism, and think this is an opportunity for the studio to do original gameplay.

okay, everyone but you into the bomb shelter.

Honestly, I can't see this going well. Then again, I didn't think it was possible for anyone to like his music...

Please.....Please.....PLEASE....kill me now!

Wait, that's it! Time to make like a tree and get outta here. Anyone know where *shudder* Soulja Boy was born....who owns a DeLorean......and a coat hanger?

He already got beaten to it by Fiesta.
(Teva server, by the way.)

OH my god the prophecy is slowly happening expect it to rain sulfur and the four horsemen. Repent for the end is nigh.

Soulja Boy:
Without the Internet man, I probably wouldn’t have a career to tell you the truth. There probably wouldn’t be Souljaboytellem, there wouldn’t be any “Crank Dat.” You wouldn’t know me period. I would have never been brought to life.

*looks around* DAMN YOU ALL!

xitel:

I can't believe it too, but I'm kinda glad knowing that yahtzee (if he ever reviews it) will kick it's Arse

ph3onix:

xitel:

I can't believe it too, but I'm kinda glad knowing that yahtzee (if he ever reviews it) will kick it's Arse

That would require him to get within 10 feet of it, something I doubt he will ever do.

Gxas:
What could this game possibly consist of? What exactly does this... person do that warrants him a video game?

I have a suggestion for a game, but I'm tired of being called racist...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked