Which of these characters from Dragon Age: Origins is your favorite?
Alistair
26.1% (43)
26.1% (43)
Morrigan
25.5% (42)
25.5% (42)
Leliana
13.3% (22)
13.3% (22)
Sten
10.3% (17)
10.3% (17)
Zevran
4.8% (8)
4.8% (8)
Wynne
3% (5)
3% (5)
Oghren
6.7% (11)
6.7% (11)
Shale
10.3% (17)
10.3% (17)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Favorite Dragon Age: Origins Character

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I just finished the first two games of the Dragon Age franchise. I really do enjoy this series, so I wonder, which Dragon Age: Origins character is your favorite and why? Two things of note, I realize that Dog should be up there and that Shale is a dlc character so not everyone may receive her, however due to the fact that the dlc for Shale is free and Dog honestly lacks much of a personality (it's a dog you guys) I figured most players will get to experience Shale's unique personality and therefore choose her instantly over Dog. Secondly, I realize that there is a secret character. If this person is your favorite amongst all the characters, simply note it in the comments with a spoiler tag. I would of listed both Dog and this secret character had the polls provided more voting options. Have at it!

Leliana is my favourite character in Dragon Age: Origins. She is the one who is genuinely trying to change her life and you get to decide if you are going to push her back to the old path or help her continue to change.

Honourable mention to Alistair though. I really like his self-depreciating sense of humour and desire to just be a regular guy, even though he knows he is never going to be that.

alistair's sarcasm and dry sense of humor >>>>>> anything else.

unless it's him and morrigan bantering in the background, then that shit is golden.

Shale. Funny character because of her lack of world experience and memories. Also one of the best background stories for any character in video game history.

It is a hard choice between Leliana who is my waifu and Alistair who is my bro. Hmmm. YEah I don't know.

Also if anyone votes fro the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.

Alistair is my favorite. I like all of the characters, including Dog, for different reasons, but it's hard to top Alistairs funny dialogue and wanting to be normal.

Runner-up would have to be either Sten or Leliana. Sten brings a black and white view to the world that I don't think any other character does, and Leliana is always trying to do the right thing which I respect.

I would say Morrigan because her just outlook upon the world and how it just seems to match up with most of my mentality. But people compare me to Hitler so nyan. But I probably havn't met all of them seeing how I can't either get pass the Dwarf Arena, or the werewolf den.(God damn Shadow wolves and their overwhelm)

Its got to be either Alistair or Shale.

Alistair is such a well done character with some charming dialogue, while Shale is a new HK47

Alistair would have gotten it if he didn't break down every time Duncan's name is so much as mentioned in passing. I guess this means it goes to Morrigan, as her sarcasm and snarkiness is amusing.

I was a big fan of Sten and Shale - they both had very interesting outlooks on the world, good character storylines and some pretty great lines between them.

The_Lost_King:
It is a hard choice between Leliana who is my waifu and Alistair who is my bro. Hmmm. YEah I don't know.

Also if anyone votes fro the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.

Well, in the secret characters defense, they're motives and that are presented in such a way that they're understandable - they were doing what they honestly thought was best, and when shit hits the fan and everything goes wrong they accept what they did wrong and work to make up for their mistakes. So while he's not the 'barrel of laughs' all the other characters are, he's at least remorseful of what he's done and is a very sympathetic character.

And I mean, Alistair's hissy fit over even considering taking the Secret Companion doesn't exactly win him any points.

My choice is clearly between Alistair and Morrigan. Their conversations were hilarious, but Alistair never failed to make me laugh constantly and so the award goes to him. All of the characters in DA:O are brilliant though, personal highlights include the whole 'cookie' situation with Sten, and almost all of Dog's moments.

ZEVRAN ALL THE WAY! Oh that kinky little elf, he had the most actual personality out of any of them.

I don't know, my Warden was rather sadistic and she only ended up really bonding with Morrigan and Zevran, if only because she respected that they had the balls to stand up to her bullshit. I ignored Shale minutes after I got her, she reminded me of HK a little bit too much, except for the occasional bird comment which were actually pretty funny considering she was a statue for god knows how long... good Tank though! When it came to Sten and Leliana I purposefully quizzed them on their backstory only to tease them later, I seem to have pissed them off infinitely as they left the party whining about my inability to save Ferelden (I proved them wrong!). I never used the dwarf but Wynne was a good healer/matriarch.

But favourite you say?

I liked my dog too, I called him Hafter II!

Morrigan's mine, but nearly all of them are outstanding in their own way.

Just makes you realize what a superbly crafted game DA:O was, and how much time & effort must have gone into getting it right.

Please Bioware make DA:I as good *prays*. I know it's unlikely, and that Mike Laidlaw and his head honchos are determined to try and prove everybody wrong by sticking with some of the God-awful decisions that made DA:2 so bad, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that somehow they manager to create another masterpiece.

Alistair or Oghren. Alistair always cracked me up. Especially his little conversations with Morrigan. And Oghren, well, he's Oghren.

They're all great, though, as many have said.

The_Lost_King:

Because when I played my Warden I purposefully romanced Alistair, only to later tell him I was in no way interested and lost alllllllllll the affection also because with secret character:

Your poll lacks enchantment. This disappointing me.

I'd have to say morrigan. She's really definitive, and her wavering personality was quite intriguing.

As much as I love Leliana I had to vote Alistair because he's just more fun to have around.

Honestly I quite like all the party members except Sten (who's quite boring) and Morrigan (who's very boring, made worse by the fact I know plenty of obnoxious attention-whores like her). I didn't get to try Zevran out because my sapphic Elf Mage did not approve of his condescending flirting and lack of loyalty, so she gave him a new sword, blade first.

My actual favorite character is probably Shianni though - the sexy redhead cousin to the City Elf Origin Warden. She's just awesome.

Tough to pick a favourite.
Would be easier to pick the one I like the least which would be Oghren. I think he is just too much of a cliché dwarf to be noteworthy.

I enjoyed the "secret companion". He genuinely believed that what king Calian was about to do would jeopardize Ferelden future as an independent nation. Something he has risk and devoted his live for so he felt he had to step in.
Upon recruitment he might not be a joy of fellow but he later on is on a quest to make up for it and good damn letting him do as he wish at the end makes for the damn most fitting end there fucking is in the game!
I think most of the misconception about DA:O "story" comes from NOT picking the "secret companion". Everyone who argues that DA:O is some sort of LoTR copy didn't quite grasp that the blight is just a MacGuffin.
He is a good character but not my favourite.

I guess I will pick Morrigan.
Her uncoloured view of the world is rather refreshing and since she is basically at odds with everyone else there is always great banter going on.
She has some great WTF moments in the game as well. For example you can convince her in the tower of magi when she argues to purge them all to help instead. When you manage that she agrees with you she goes along in complete contrast to what she proposed before and no damage to her affection.
And I like character that are blunt... and she is.

I picked Morrigan on the poll, but it's really impossible to pick between her and Alistair for who is actually my favourite. They're both awesome and hilarious on their own, nevermind the stuff they say when they are together in the party. Pure genius.

Most people like Alistair, and I would have agreed until when you have to deal with Logain. He just becomes immature at that point, which is okay but not when it is fully directed at killing someone...

I must have really just loved the tanks because my three favorites were Shale, Alistair, and Sten in that order. Shale had the awesome story and the fear of birds, Alistair had the sense of humor, and I liked Sten's back story.

The Sten for his dedication to relieving slovenly children of their baked goods.

I voted for Shale, but Alister was pretty good, too. I've never really understood people's love for Morrigan. She always struck me as whiny and short sighted. She basically throws a tantrum anytime you do anything that isn't completely chaotic, even when it seems like tactically a wise decision.

Tie between Leliana and Alistair. I find the former more interesting and the latter the funniest member. I don't get the infatuation with Morrigan. She's less funny and more bitchy and the only time she is funny is when she's talking with another party member. Not that I dislike her as a character, she's a great character. Just don't like her as a person.

I voted Alistair because I love my husband... But Shale is hilarious and I love her. And Oghren, oh I love him too.

Shanicus:
I was a big fan of Sten and Shale - they both had very interesting outlooks on the world, good character storylines and some pretty great lines between them.

The_Lost_King:

Also if anyone votes for the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.

Well, in the secret characters defense, they're motives and that are presented in such a way that they're understandable - they were doing what they honestly thought was best, and when shit hits the fan and everything goes wrong they accept what they did wrong and work to make up for their mistakes. So while he's not the 'barrel of laughs' all the other characters are, he's at least remorseful of what he's done and is a very sympathetic character.

And I mean, Alistair's hissy fit over even considering taking the Secret Companion doesn't exactly win him any points.

Azure-Supernova:

The_Lost_King:

Because when I played my Warden I purposefully romanced Alistair, only to later tell him I was in no way interested and lost alllllllllll the affection also because with secret character:

Well you can see why Alistair wouldn't want him. I mean look at what he did. Ok I'm sick of trying to be non-spoilery.

The_Lost_King:

Well you can see why Alistair wouldn't want him. I mean look at what he did. Ok I'm sick of trying to be non-spoilery.

It sucks only being able to reply in spoiler boxes -_-

None of them really, maybe except Shale. All of them were one-note cardboard cutouts with no actual character arc. I LOVE DA:O and I've replayed it many times, but the companions are seriously weak. You just play therapist with them for a while and their problems are fixed, but they stay the same. Alistair is too much of a whiny little bitch, while Leliana only hurls pseudo-enlightened bullshit in your face. Wynne is as static as you can get, even the "one regret in my life" seems crowbared in. Zevran is too pushy and his bisexuality is his only character trait, while Bioware fail to realize that sexuality isn't a character trait. Morrigan is short-sighted and her bitchiness is all that she has. Oghren is the stereotypical dwarf and Sten is just boring.

Shale is the only character with character and has a semi-decent character arc, what with realizing that she's a woman and all that. The secret companion isn't "deep" like many people seem to think, he's just an idiot. DA:O companions NEVER come CLOSE to actually decently written characters like in KoToR 2, Planescape: Torment and NWN2: MotB.

Why is the dog not in the poll? He was so cute and deadly, named him Zack after my real life dog. He was so fluffy even while ripping out throats.

Elfgore:
Shale. Funny character because of her lack of world experience and memories. Also one of the best background stories for any character in video game history.

Her background is pretty rock-solid.

I will now go find a hole, crawl into it, and presumably die.

OT: Mine is also Shale. I really didn't like any of the love interests except Alistair, and I was kind of playing a male character. Morrigan is funny sometimes but not particularly endearing. Snarky bitches are only endearing when they're not supposed to be, and she was practically railroaded in terms of endearment.

[quote="Tragedy's Rebellion" post="9.824275.19975128"]snip/quote]

Wow, are we clones, because it seems we have an identical point of view in regards to the characters. Although I can't say that I loved DA:O.

I'm sad to admit that I honestly didn't really like any of the characters. I found them all annoying in their own seperate ways. The game was a lot of fun so I don't mean I didn't enjoy it. I just found the majority of them whiney, wussy, moody or just plan difficult. And that was the point of how they were written.

AlotFirst:
[quote="Tragedy's Rebellion" post="9.824275.19975128"]snip/quote]

Wow, are we clones, because it seems we have an identical point of view in regards to the characters. Although I can't say that I loved DA:O.

I can see why you wouldn't like DA:O, it's just a series of cliches strung together disjointedly. I, myself, have no idea why I like it so much, but I don't dislike the combat like many people seem to do. I suppose I find it well put together with a lot of secrets to discover and I like that. The writing is just horrible. DA2 also raised my opinion of DA:O a lot.

оооps, double post

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked