Top three best World of Warcraft classes in PVP...

As of today, what are they? Has it changed in a year?

Depends.
WoW is a quite polished at this point so one on one might be difficult to tell which class is the best.

However in arenas there are certain cookie cutter combos.
Like in 2vs2 Warrior and Druid, or in 3vs3 Priest, Warlock and Mage.

Warlock, Mage and Warrior.

Grimm91:
Warlock, Mage and Warrior.

*Fears him*

Looks like you dropped the soap...

Priest-Mage or Shadow Priest-Warlock were pretty brutal in my day, although they might have been nerfed. I haven't played for a while.

Warlocks are actually incredibly crap in PvP at the moment.

Paladin, death knight, mage and rogue.
I dont play WoW, my brother does.

well now the top three WoW classes in pvp is the deth knight ,of course, the rogue and the shammy still.

I haven't played in a long while, but I'd say Warriors, Rogues, and Warlocks/Shadow Priests

Mage, Death Knight, Rogue.

Paladins do pretty well too.

Death Knights always own in duels

Arcticflame:

At last patch before WotLK, I respecced Demo, figured locks were going to be crap, and didn't renew subscription.

Sure locks got new stuff, but it looks to me their fundamental weaknesses didn't change any. It'd be a fun PvE class but it's really stupidly designed when it comes to PvP. One of those classes forever doomed to be either imba or fail, depending on patches, unless it gets a *big* overhaul with fear mechanics, or something out of left field. Warrior is another class quite like that.

Depends. One on one? 2v2? 3v3?

One on one classes are a big mash of paper/scissors/rock. A rogue may make life hell for casters but they are soon squished by plate-wearers... who are in turn casted into oblivion... who are in turn shanked...

2v2 Is very sprawled, with most classes able to swing their weight, and 3v3 is where the patters start to fall into place again, with a healer essential and casters becoming your DPS of choice.

For humble rogues like myself, 2v2 is always fun, and there's nothing like an unsuspecting mage in Battlegrounds to brighten my day.

most fun in pvp ive had is my protadin :D just stand around taking a beating as people try and wear down 27k of life and w8 for my fellow horde to turn up is good

A Prot Paladin and Rogue can usually do well, with the Pally soaking up damage and the rogue sneaking around to sap one while the Pally soaks up damage, then they both pound on the non-sapped one. Then again, WoW is fairly balanced these days, so there's not a whole lot that is just complete pwnage.

Which ever class is either

A) Favored by a developer

or

B) Can abuse game mechanics the best

Why do you even put "PvP" and "WoW" in the same sentance?

I quit while BC was in full swing. At that time, warriors were pretty powerful, as were feral druids. I could handle anything else fairly well. Rogues gave me grief, but I was a mage, so that's to be expected.

it would have to be either Death Knight at the moment if they're played right or Rogues or even a good frost mage

Kinda off topic but the Death Knights are getting nerfed to hell in the next patch along with the locks thought it would be a good FYI.

Holy, Retribution, and Protection Paladins in a 3v3 group. When everyone can res and the healer is wearing plate, watch out

Let's see...I'm a Death Knight. Therefore I lack originality.

But let's compare

Vs Warlock- Lichborne+anti magic shield+ CC pet= Deathknight wins
Vs Mage- Anti-Magic shield for long for any magic shot, Anti-magic Zone.= Skill frost mage could get away
Vs Warrior-Takes a while but go vampire and it's easy.
Vs Priest- Silence while healing, kill before silence is off.
Vs Pally- Tough shot.
Vs Shammy- If the shammy has skill, he can beat you. However, it's a 35% chance of losing.
Vs Rogue- A skilled and geared rogue can beat you. A poorly skilled and low-geared rogue is just a bug on the wind-shield.
Vs Hunter- I find it funny. They have the materials to kick the crap outta of us. They're the one I hear complain the most.
Vs Druid- meh, didn't not kill enough druids. I can't give a good idea.

The worst thing is most of these class could beat us. I meet a lot of crappy Death Knights.. For once, I wish it was the bad people who would give a bad reputation.

GenHellspawn:
Priest-Mage or Shadow Priest-Warlock were pretty brutal in my day, although they might have been nerfed. I haven't played for a while.

TBC ruined shadow priest pvp and blizzard never apologized for it.

glad to hear druid+warrior is still unstoppable though!

Nutcase:

Arcticflame:

At last patch before WotLK, I respecced Demo, figured locks were going to be crap, and didn't renew subscription.

Sure locks got new stuff, but it looks to me their fundamental weaknesses didn't change any. It'd be a fun PvE class but it's really stupidly designed when it comes to PvP. One of those classes forever doomed to be either imba or fail, depending on patches, unless it gets a *big* overhaul with fear mechanics, or something out of left field. Warrior is another class quite like that.

What lock were you playing?

You never went SL/SL in arena? Or just chain fearing anyone in Battlegrounds?

At the moment, Death Knights dominate battlegrounds, but not so much in arena. Dreamstate druids aren't the imba HoT+Travelform that they used to be, there isn't enough resilience yet for the hots to be effective. Instead feral druids have been buffed quite a bit, and are now actually decent as pure dps.

...God I need to renew my subscription...

My Paladin does alright... But a well specced Mage/Warlock/Warrior can easily cram the snot out of me given the right circumstances and equipment.

Death Knights I'm sorry to say, vs paladins, well lets say I haven't seen a good match up yet. (Please someone show me otherwise) Blizzard needs to do some tweeking on the Death Knight abilities, or on Paladins because I really feel sorry for them. =(
During the Battlegrounds they're immensely useful for that grab and gang up technique, almost 'too' useful. But in a 1v1 PvP, it's near pointless since we're going to be targeting each other anyway and sheilds and protection/retri, hell even holy skills are going to give the DK a hard time.

well I play a Death knight but I am blood spec so I dont have any problem beating anyone in 1v1 but In groups blood is not as usefull.

Ret Pallys- why do plate wearers need sooo many frigging stuns
Rogue- Stun lock, and have a fun time waiting to get a rez
Elem Shamans- Im elemental and putting out almost 10k in 3 seconds makes me feel ooh soo good... and the fact that we never get any kind of nerf... ever...

Wow is god awful for Pvp

Ret Pallys, DKs, Rogues, and Hunters are the best. Everthing and everything else will get killed in less than 2 seconds, not even travel form with save you from them.

Paladins are the #1 choice they are warrior who can cast spells and heal them selves....

None.
the balance between classes changes with whatever's considered by the fan base as "OP" or "IMBA"
Best bet if you have the cash,and really like PvP and really wanna do the endgame PvP stuff is to roll all of the classes to 80 so you'll have everything.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked