Xbone Kinect used to troll CoD players.

Remember waaaaay back when the Kinect 2 was announced? All that talk of players using it to shut down others consoles?

While it didn't fully occur at least one Youtuber has managed to use the Xbones microphone functionality against other players.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444498/xbox-one-prankster-trolls-cod-players-with-his-gamertag/

The dream is to one day make a film that ends up on Netflix. The film would be your standard drama or comedy fare, with one interesting scene: at one point the lead actor will turn to face the screen and say "Xbox, turn off. Yes."

Naturally, the trick would be for the Xbox One's Kinect to pick up the command, bring up the "are you sure you want to turn off" dialogue box then, after getting the confirmation, power off your console mid-film. Cue much wailing, gnashing of teeth, riots in the streets and the like.

Why tell you this? Because this brilliant video from YouTuber Master Of Luck is of a similar ilk.

After creating a Gamertag called Xbox Sign Out, he decides to troll around the Xbox One version of Call Of Duty: Ghosts, annoying his multiplayer victims until they call him by his name. As you'd imagine, hijinks ensue.

In a way it's a cruel trick. But considering some of the players in the video are clearly far too young to be playing the game (it seems the ten-year-old CoD player syndrome has migrated to Xbox One too), I approve.

Ed130:
Remember waaaaay back when the Kinect 2 was announced? All that talk of players using it to shut down others consoles?

While it didn't fully occur at least one Youtuber has managed to use the Xbones microphone functionality against other players.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/444498/xbox-one-prankster-trolls-cod-players-with-his-gamertag/

The dream is to one day make a film that ends up on Netflix. The film would be your standard drama or comedy fare, with one interesting scene: at one point the lead actor will turn to face the screen and say "Xbox, turn off. Yes."

Naturally, the trick would be for the Xbox One's Kinect to pick up the command, bring up the "are you sure you want to turn off" dialogue box then, after getting the confirmation, power off your console mid-film. Cue much wailing, gnashing of teeth, riots in the streets and the like.

Why tell you this? Because this brilliant video from YouTuber Master Of Luck is of a similar ilk.

After creating a Gamertag called Xbox Sign Out, he decides to troll around the Xbox One version of Call Of Duty: Ghosts, annoying his multiplayer victims until they call him by his name. As you'd imagine, hijinks ensue.

In a way it's a cruel trick. But considering some of the players in the video are clearly far too young to be playing the game (it seems the ten-year-old CoD player syndrome has migrated to Xbox One too), I approve.

Hahahaha! Nice trick.

Can you shut their xbox off by saying "xbox off" and it playing over their speakers, their xbox hears it and turns off? Has anyone tested that?

There seems to be a lot of potentiality for much amusement here.

I'll admit, I came in rolling my eyes, but I found it funny. I thought he was just going to yell it so anyone not using a headset would have their kinect pick up their speakers.

It would have been more evil if his gamertag was something like "Xbox Watch TV". The voice command he tricked people into saying at least gives a prompt before it kicks you out of the game. The TV command just switches over without a prompt, potentially disconnecting people from their multiplayer match. Still funny to see people fall for it though.

That was actually pretty funny. I was surprised. Would have been more entertaining without the prompt, but then I guess we wouldn't have heard their reactions.

"X Box, Go Home."

All those Billions of Dollars at R&D payed off, eh? Don't we all feel more engaged with our games? ;)

Diablo1099:
"X Box, Go Home."

All those Billions of Dollars at R&D payed off, eh? Don't we all feel more engaged with our games? ;)

Wave of the future Diablo, wave of the future. :D

OT: That was hilarious when it came to how many people said it. Mainly I noticed the little kids were the ones who feel for it the most, while the older sounding people got a laugh out of it.

lol I had read about this but hadn't seen the video yet.

Got to say, I enjoyed that. Pretty clever way to troll people, although I imagine the guy is going to get in trouble soon for it. Also, yeah, what are 10 year old doing playing this?

Hey guys, his name is xbox I'm not going to say it, 'cause that's a naughty trick. Tee hee.

It's a shame he wasn't able to get footage of people d/cing after saying his name, but that was pretty funny :D

Also, the amount of pre-pubescent boys playing CoD, goodness me. It'd make me go insane (iykwimaityd)

Caiphus:

Also, the amount of pre-pubescent boys playing CoD, goodness me. It'd make me go insane (iykwimaityd)

That was aggravating, it just grates on your ears. The reactions were amusing though, particularly the older folks who seemed a little less prone to reacting rashly.

I hope to see more like this.

Caiphus:
Hey guys, his name is xbox I'm not going to say it, 'cause that's a naughty trick. Tee hee.

It's a shame he wasn't able to get footage of people d/cing after saying his name, but that was pretty funny :D

From the sound of it, it happened, it's just that d/cing turns off their microphone so you don't hear anything :(

You know, I'm just going to head anybody off at the pass before they even say it. You can easily turn off the Kinect to prevent any of this from ever happening. So I don't want to hear any 'dur hur xbone is dum' comments.

Now thats just funny and smart and what would happen if you say "Xbox Off"? Will it just shut it off straight away or just ask for confirmation?

Also how come there are so many kids playing Call of Duty? I knew there was some but didn't know there were that many, especially on Xbox ONE.

Paradox SuXcess:
Now thats just funny and smart and what would happen if you say "Xbox Off"? Will it just shut it off straight away or just ask for confirmation?

Also how come there are so many kids playing Call of Duty? I knew there was some but didn't know there were that many, especially on Xbox ONE.

Because Call of Duty is not just on Xbox One.

Small Children own it. Everywhere.

Also, it will ask, "Are you sure?" before it shuts down.

Nice that the "victims" have a good sense of humor regarding the trolling. Pretty amusing overall. I plan on doing something similar should I ever walk into a friend's house and notice they have a Xbone. I'll just start saying random commands just to mess with them. I'm sure I'll probably be drunk too.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

Also, it's nice to see people having fun with an Xbox One design flaw rather than just making haughty and dismissive comments about it on Internet forums.

Paradox SuXcess:

I'd be shocked to find out they were less than a third of the market.

Terminate421:

Because Call of Duty is not just on Xbox One.

Small Children own it. Everywhere.

Also, it will ask, "Are you sure?" before it shuts down.

However, this is relevant specifically to the Xbone.

Also, yes. We already knew that it asked for confirmation. It even says so in the video.

Heh. Played the video a little too loud and my Xbox tried to sign out. (not kidding)

Pretty good gag. :)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked