10 video game / game series you wanna play

Pages 1 2 NEXT

what 10 video games do you wanna give ago (this is your opinions so no judging please) so heres mine

10:corpse party(psp)i need to start on the horror ganre somewhere

9:yakuza series(sony consoles)a sandbox game set in japan count me in

8:vib ribbon(ps1) made by the guys behind parappa the rapper to bad it only came out in japan and europe

7:infamous series(ps3) a guy with electrical arms just sounds awesome

6:bully(ps2,xbox 360) a gta style game set in a high school cool ^^ ive played a fair few decent high school games so im open minded

5:half minute hero(psp) a really unique jrpg that uses 8 bit style graphics

4:katawa shoujo(pc) im interested just to atleast give this game ago because lets just say theres nothing quite like it

3:tony hawk pro skater series(various consoles) always wanted to give a skateboarding game ago

2:any vanillawere game(mostly sony systems)i loved muramasa rebirth i wanna give the other vanillawere games a try

1: puppetier(ps3) im a fan of platformers and this one is the one im most interested in playing the most

so thats my list ^^ if you dont like the games i wanna try thats fine i respect your opinion just please accept mine ^^

so what 10 games do you wanna try out

Off the top of my head The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed IV, Dragon's Crown, Batman Arkham Origins, Portal 2, Saint's Row IV, Silent Hill Downpour, Dead Space, Minecraft and I should probably play at least one Final Fantasy someday.

Johnny Novgorod:
Off the top of my head The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed IV, Dragon's Crown, Batman Arkham Origins, Portal 2, Saint's Row IV, Silent Hill Downpour, Dead Space, Minecraft and I should probably play at least one Final Fantasy someday.

pretty good list my friend ^^ portal 2 is a must play very funny game wheatly kicks ass

Let's see...
In no particular order:
-Journey
-I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
-Majora's Mask
-Silent Hill 2
-Dishonored
-Thomas Was Alone
-Persona (I've heard 3 and 4 are particularly good. Considering starting with 3. Input?)
-The Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 2 (Basically, waiting till they come out as a package set.)
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Fallout: New Vegas

Let's see...

DJ Max Portable... (DAMMIT ARIN!!)
Rez HD (No 360 of my own)
The Idolmaster (Thank you, formally-known-as G4)
[insert game series that has not yet got an HD collection... like Persona or something...]

...uh... I can't think of any others by name, but I do remember certain games that were showcased on G4's Cinematic: Nocturnal Emission (mainly those that were "Only In Japan") that seemed cool to play at the time... (Not sure how my opinion for those games has hold up, since I barely remember their names... except Idolmaster due to the OVA I saw a while ago...)

Okay, I can mention a few I have a big interest in...this is mostly gonna be series of games, since they tend to be the hardest to get into on a respectable level...

Ace Attorney. It just looks awesome, and that crossover they have with Professor Layton really peaks my interest. Speaking of which, Level 5 made one of my favourite games of all time, so I need to play some Layton, too.

Final Fantasy. I think I need to play more JRPGs.

The Witcher. A friend recommended it to me, I bought 1 and 2 in the sale and have just started 1. Hopefully I'll finish them both and enjoy them enough to join people in their enjoyment of the third.

I also have in interest in Bully. Looks like some fun stuff.

Outlast. I bought it in one of the sales and I still need to get round to it. I just want to finish some other things off, first...

STALKER. I need to finish Call of Pripyat!

Okay, so that makes about seven. I think I did pretty good off the top of my head. maybe you could throw in Luigi's Mansion or another series of JRPGs. I might play the Bravely Default demo, but like I said, pretty busy wasting my time on other things. Also Metroid. The 2D ones.

TheRiddler:
-Persona (I've heard 3 and 4 are particularly good. Considering starting with 3. Input?)

4 is better than 3 but they're both amazing games. Both are available on PSN for PSP (3) and Vita (4).

OT: Well I've always wanted to get into Dark Souls which I just started. Other than that, I have a lot of Shin Megami Tensei games to try out. Ni No Kuni looks good too, hoping it'll be free on PS Plus sometime.

In no particular order as well:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Far Cry 3
Bioshock Infinite
Assassin's Creed IV
Psychonauts
Shadow of the Colossus
X-Wing
Bully
IL-2 Sturmovik
Receiver

Headsprouter:

Bully is lots of fun, my only complaint is that even though the game boasts high school cliques (you know - nerds, jocks, preppies, greasers, etc.) and an "allegiance" meter for each, your character's standing with each clique is entirely scripted. You can't play one clique against the other, or cultivate favor with anyone in particular. Each clique is either friendly or unfriendly depending on where you're at with the game's main story - which is fine but kinda beats the purpose of the allegiance gimmick.

But yeah gameplay is fun, the missions are creative, combat is pretty good (mostly grappling and beatdowns but feels right), it's got cool humor and the story is actually pretty upbeat. Proably Rockstar's only upbeat game, not counting the fucked up craze of the GTA games.

Pretty much just games released on platforms I don't personally own but which sounded interesting.

Psychonauts
Alan Wake
Amnesia
Gone Home
Dear Esther
Halo
Skyward Sword
Mario Galaxy

These last two are really the only games here I could play right now if I wanted to but for one reason or another I haven't gotten around to.
Dishonored
Silent Hill 2

So just games that were released?
Kantai Collection - somehow my free time and server up time do not agree with each other. I guess I'd have to wait for the PS Vita version.
Wonderful 101 - I don't have a WiiU yet, but still bought the game anyway. :P
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicle - Got a copy for my future WiiU but can't play it.
Shin megami Tensei 4 - If not for region-locking I'd be playing it right now.
Corpse Party - Both my vita and psp are tied to AU account, changing is such a hassle.
XCOM - I'm very interested in enemy within/unknown but on the other side I think I might not enjoy them.

But man, the illegal things I'd do just to play Bayonetta 2 right now.

TheRiddler:
Let's see...
In no particular order:

They're both excellent, are independent to each other in term of storyline/character. Although if you play either of them, you'd recognise some cameo here and there. I think if you start with 3 you will like 3 more, and likewise, that's what I gathered from people anyway.
Persona 3 is darker, whereas Persona 4 is a little lighter.

Persona 3 on PSP let you pick your gender whereas Persona 3: FES doesn't. Portable version has this cool visual novel style which I liked a lot. Although Persona 3: FES has this epilogue which you can play to find out what happens after the end of Persona 3.
Persona 4 Golden is a much much much better improvement over Persona 4 on Ps2.

I've really wanted to try out Persona 4. Heard great things about it. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere.

Super Mario Galaxy is the only Wii game that made me curse that I didn't have the system.

I would like to play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R trilogy at some point, hopefully soon. I've heard good things about it. The Metro games also look cool. Beyond that though, ehh, I can't think of anything else that I haven't already played.

Let see (not in any order)-
Portal 1 and 2
Skyrim
Blaze Blue
Phoenix Wright
Bayonetta
Bioshock series
God Eater
Phantasy Star Universe
Persona 4
Batman Arkham series
Skullgirl
Team Fortress 2

Ok that's 12 but whatever. Before you asked why I haven't played them already, I tend to played a couple of games at a time as oppose to say download several games at once and never touch them. Also I favour more on longer lasting games like Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2 which only make it hard for me to simply stop playing them for a while when I try out a new game (time restriction due to work etc).

I still need to give Final Fantasy 7 a real shot (or any other FF game). I played it for about 90 mins but then some game I was waiting for arrived (I think it was Skyrim), and I never went back to it.

Other than that:
- Journey
- Okami
- Homeworld 2 (the first was almost too amazing. I can only imagine a sequel doing damage to that memory.)
- Full Throttle
- Starlancer (played Freelancer but some think this is better)
- American McGee's Alice (this should totally be on GOG.com)
- Chrono Trigger

That's all I can think of right now.

1) Tales Series... (wish they came out on one platform or would come out on PC)
2) Final Fantasy 2 sequel (forget the name)
3) Mario game on 3DS
4) Walking Dead: Season 2
5) New Zelda game on 3DS
6) Plants vs Zombies 2
7) The Stanley Parable
8) Batman: Arkham Origins
9) Final Fantasy 9
10) Fire Emblem game on 3DS (I've never played this franchise and I hear this is a good entry version)

I guess you could say that I'll be buying a 3DS at some time in the future. The handheld is offering more interesting game than any of the big 3 new consoles are.

Drummodino:

TheRiddler:

4 is better than 3 but they're both amazing games. Both are available on PSN for PSP (3) and Vita (4).

OT: Well I've always wanted to get into Dark Souls which I just started. Other than that, I have a lot of Shin Megami Tensei games to try out. Ni No Kuni looks good too, hoping it'll be free on PS Plus sometime.

I like 3 much better than 4, fwiw. But nevertheless, both are well worth your time and I think 3 is a better starting point. 4 cleans up a lot of gameplay issues that will annoy you if you play 4 first and then the less polished 3.

Anyway, I'm proud to admit that I've played an overwhelming majority of the games I've always wanted to, but here are some that slipped through my fingers. I don't have a PC than can run jack so that's where a lot of my weaknesses are. Some of them aren't even guaranteed sales, but I've played all the sure bets by now.

-Donkey Kong Country 2
-Bayonetta
-Tales of Xillia (Haven't enjoyed a non-Persona JRPG in like a decade. Good luck Xillia.)
-The Stanley Parable
-Papers, Please
-Gone Home
-Thomas Was Alone
-The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
-Dragon Age 2
-Panzer Dragoon Saga

- Journey (can't because it is console exclusive)
- The Shivah (Kosher Edition)
- The Stanley Parable

I guess that's it.

thesupremegamer:
what 10 video games do you wanna give ago (this is your opinions so no judging please) so heres mine

4:katawa shoujo(pc) im interested just to atleast give this game ago because lets just say theres nothing quite like it

It's available for free just google it. You can get started right away. It's a visual novel so it's not demanding on your pc

Jasper van Heycop:

thesupremegamer:

It's available for free just google it. You can get started right away. It's a visual novel so it's not demanding on your pc

yeah im till debating on it actualy it looks cool but at the same time well if you played the game you can see why im sceptical its not anything against visual novels though ^^

Johnny Novgorod:

Headsprouter:

Bully is lots of fun, my only complaint is that even though the game boasts high school cliques (you know - nerds, jocks, preppies, greasers, etc.) and an "allegiance" meter for each, your character's standing with each clique is entirely scripted. You can't play one clique against the other, or cultivate favor with anyone in particular. Each clique is either friendly or unfriendly depending on where you're at with the game's main story - which is fine but kinda beats the purpose of the allegiance gimmick.

But yeah gameplay is fun, the missions are creative, combat is pretty good (mostly grappling and beatdowns but feels right), it's got cool humor and the story is actually pretty upbeat. Proably Rockstar's only upbeat game, not counting the fucked up craze of the GTA games.

nar space station silicon valley is (it was made before they where called rockstar though but it counts)

The STALKER series, Arx Fatalis, A Link Between Worlds, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Pokémon Conquest, Super Smash Bros (the original), Final Fantasy VI (or just any FF game except III), The Last of Us, Deadly Premonition and Journey. Half of those are because I don't own the console, the other half that I just haven't gotten round to getting them due to time/funds. Probably a few I've forgotten too, but that's my list.

SirBryghtside:
The STALKER series, Arx Fatalis, A Link Between Worlds, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Pokémon Conquest, Super Smash Bros (the original), Final Fantasy VI (or just any FF game except III), The Last of Us, Deadly Premonition and Journey. Half of those are because I don't own the console, the other half that I just haven't gotten round to getting them due to time/funds. Probably a few I've forgotten too, but that's my list.

the nes version of ff3 is better XD

thesupremegamer:

SirBryghtside:

Lol I probably said that in a pretty confusing way :P I meant Japanese VI, the one that was called III in the West, as I've already completed Japanese III on the DS port :P

Oh jeez, I am not sure if I have 10 games, but:

-Metal Gear Solid; after playing Revengeance on a friend's pc, it was really fun, and even though the story and writing are tripe on a bike, it still draws me in for some reason

-Most games made by Platinum apart from God Hand which I already played(again, due to Revengeance)

-Shadow of the Colossus/Ico; if only to see why people love 'em so much

-Persona 4; same as with SotC

-Suda 51's games, more specifically Killer 7(he seems like the better version of Hideo Kojima)

That's about it for stuff off of the top of my head.

SirBryghtside:

thesupremegamer:

SirBryghtside:

Lol I probably said that in a pretty confusing way :P I meant Japanese VI, the one that was called III in the West, as I've already completed Japanese III on the DS port :P

well the ff has a screwed up timeline lol XD

- Panzer Dragoon Saga. I love the Panzer Dragoon series but Saga is so damn expensive.
- Ace Attourney series. I'm really curious about this series. Looks cool.
- Resident Evil 1, 2 & 3. I've only played 4 and from what I can tell it's pretty different to the earlier games. Not just because of the perspective.
- Thief 1 & 2. I really really like Deadly Shadows and I want to see why people go on about how bad it is compared to the others.
- Xenosaga series. Thanks, region lock!
- Xenogears. Thanks again, region lock!
- Lunar 1 & 2. Love you, region lock!
- Parasite Eve. What would I do without region lock?
- Persona 1, 2IS & 2EP. Region lock 5ever <3
- Albert Odyssey. You get the idea.

Seriously, you guys have no idea how much I hate region lock. Fuck region lock so goddamn much.

JasonKaotic:
- Panzer Dragoon Saga. I love the Panzer Dragoon series but Saga is so damn expensive.
- Ace Attourney series. I'm really curious about this series. Looks cool.
- Resident Evil 1, 2 & 3. I've only played 4 and from what I can tell it's pretty different to the earlier games. Not just because of the perspective.
- Thief 1 & 2. I really really like Deadly Shadows and I want to see why people go on about how bad it is compared to the others.
- Xenosaga series. Thanks, region lock!
- Xenogears. Thanks again, region lock!
- Lunar 1 & 2. Love you, region lock!
- Parasite Eve. What would I do without region lock?
- Persona 1, 2IS & 2EP. Region lock 5ever <3
- Albert Odyssey. You get the idea.

Seriously, you guys have no idea how much I hate region lock. Fuck region lock so goddamn much.

seriously sega just needs to make a hd collection of panzer dragoon already i mean its not like the fans dont want it (and i mean include saga aswell) sega for once listen to your fans and give them what they want

yeah region locks a pain sometimes

Ehh, let's think... Most of these come from having heard people talking about them on these very forums and then either no being able to find them or just not wanting to pay up at the time.

Nier
Persona... whichever
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid (thinking of getting Revengeance since I'm told it's awesome, but not a clue whether I'll understand anything of its plot)
Vanquish
Baroque
The Walking Dead s2 (just finished the first)
The Last of Us
Katawa Shoujo
And Superman 64, just cos I must know firsthand the agony.

snappydog:
Ehh, let's think... Most of these come from having heard people talking about them on these very forums and then either no being able to find them or just not wanting to pay up at the time.

Nier
Persona... whichever
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid (thinking of getting Revengeance since I'm told it's awesome, but not a clue whether I'll understand anything of its plot)
Vanquish
Baroque
The Walking Dead s2 (just finished the first)
The Last of Us
Katawa Shoujo
And Superman 64, just cos I must know firsthand the agony.

cool list

the last of us would be my no 11 in games i wanna play most

I don't have ten at the top of my head, but I really want to play Minecraft having watched PeanutButterGamer's two Minecraft Hardcore series. It looks like a lot of fun to play with friends and to have some fun exploring.

In no particular order...

1. The Last of Us
2. Saint's Row IV
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. The Longest Journey
5. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
6. Metro: Last Light
7. BioShock Infinite
8. Resident Evil: Revelations
9. Valkyria Chronicles II & III
10. Metal Gear (whole series; I've only played MGS, MGS2, and MGS3)

These days I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer, so the console exclusive ones are pretty unlikely to happen unless some ports come along. The ones that I can get on PC I'll likely play sooner or later.

Here's my list...

Silent Hill (I have the first one but the disc is scratched, will have to buy it for PS3 when I get around to buying a cheap one)
The Last Of Us
Mass Effect
Uncharted
Heavy Rain
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (which I have bought, just haven't gotten around to playing yet)
Fallout: New Vegas
Papers Please
The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us

I also want to develop my own game which I already have the story and pitch for, just a matter of finding a team to work with... (hint hint :P)

1. Mario 64 - yep! I have never ever played this game due to me skipping the N64 for the playstation
2. The Dark Siders games
3. Human Revolution
4. X-com Enemy Within
5. Deadly Premonition
6. System Shock 2(wish I could get a hold of 1 really)
7. Bayonetta
8. The Metal Gear series. I'm so done with sticking my nose up and taking myself and gaming far to seriously so yeah bring on the overcomplicated silliness.
9. Castlevania Lords of Shadow
10. Eternal Sonata - the only JRPG I ever played and enjoyed was Jade Cocoon and I am looking the change that and there this game was to inject some more Japanese flavor into my life along with some nice whimsy

*sigh* the only reason I havenˇ¦t played any of these games which I own, is because I already have too many on the go.
There are others but those are the ones I mainly have my sights on right now
Damn it I have got to focus and complete Jade Empire.

1) Ni No Kuni
2) A Link Between Worlds
3) Dishonoured
4) Luigi's Mansion
5) Journey
6) The Stanley Parable
7) Majora's Mask
8) Mass Effects 2 & 3

...That's my list. I'm irritated that Ni No Kuni wasn't released on DS here in the west, which would have allowed me to get it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked