Sidescrollers for the DS

Hello All,

I've just been playing my NES and SNES and this has rekindled my love of sidescrolling, whether it games like Mario or Castlevania or those ones with the spaceships but I really don't have many titles for my handheld. So I wanted to ask you guys: what sidescrollers are best for the DS (if there are many at all)?

I just think this is the type of game the DS would be really good at so thought there might be a few really good titles.

Finally, I'm sorry that you guys are probably sick of these kinds of threads by now but I did a search and couldn't find anything that mentioned these types of games specificly.

Contra - Second to none. They need if for the DS.

EDIT: The PSP would benefit from it as well.

Metal Slug 7
The New Super Mario Bros.
Contra 4
Kirby: Canvas Course

There's like 3 Castlavania games for the NDS and even more for the GBA (which the NDS supports)

Nanostray 1 and 2
Yoshis Island 2
A bunch of half-lame Megaman Spin-offs
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

While N+ isn't a true scroller it still has the classical platformer spirit to it.

I suppose the New Super Mario Bros. That's the only side-scroller I played for DS.

Kirby superstar ultra. It's all you need.

Thanks, I'm definitely gonna check out a few of these!

Not to mention Order of Ecclesia is the best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night. On the DS.

Dawn of Sorrow isn't too bad either, but OoE is really the cream of the crop.

Sonic Rush is a great sidescroller!
It's actually a good Sonic game, made by the same guys who did the daytime levels in Sonic Unleashed for the Wii and PS2...

Some others that are unmentioned:

Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

PoR isn't too bad.

For a great side-scrolling experience try Megaman ZX if you're a pro and a masochist crank it up to hard.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked