The Witcher 3 - DAT TRAILER THO edition *NOW WITH GAMEPLAY FROM E3AND IGN*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Wow.

Wooooooooow.

I'm hyped.

Edit: There was some good gameplay on the MS conference at E3.

I'll put in a higher quality video when someone finally fucking uploads one.

Edit 2: After nothing for months, it seems like we're now being bombarded with content.

Edit 3: A little bit of new gameplay at 5:17 http://www.gamespot.com/e3/samsung-stage-1-2014/ JUMPING CONFIRMED GET HYPE

I gotta finish reading the books dammit, been lazy with that lately. Gonna be a long wait, but hopefully a worthwhile one, and this game shall be the game to put my new rig to the test :)

Now where the fuck can I pre-order that collectors edition?! Must get!!

From a story stand point I am beyond hyped. FUCKING, CIRI!! Just knowing that she'll be in the game makes me happy.

El Luck:
From a story stand point I am beyond hyped. FUCKING, CIRI!! Just knowing that she'll be in the game makes me happy.

We've known that Ciri and Yennefer would be in the game for some time now, but it's good to see their faces none the less. Ciri has grown into a fine young lady.

I'm more happy to see the return of our old witcher pals from the first game. Seeing Eskel, lambert, and Vesamir return is something I have been hoping for a wile.

I do hope to see Phillipa again, and see how her story concludes.

Golly that is pretty.
Still, I hope they can cement the feeling of "badass monster hunter dude" better than 2 did. The combat was fine against humans but kind of a mess fighting monsters.

But yeah, I'm at least a little stoked. I enjoyed 2 well enough so I can see me enjoying this as well, should probably get around to the books some time.

EDIT: And after seeing the E3 gameplay it is... The Witcher 2 but less janky. Which is good, because 2 was very, very janky but still a pretty good game so, logically, this should end up being great! hopefully

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Wow.

Wooooooooow.

I'm hyped.

CHARLES MUTHAFUCKIN' DANCE IS IN IT!

OT: Looks really good, but if I am going to be honest I am more excited for Red's Cyberpunk project.

Damn it. Why isn't it February 2015?

<throws rock at screen>

That'll teach you to show me things I can't have, screen!

Why does the announcer call witchers 'the ultimate killing machine'? I never finished Witcher 2 but I didn't think machines are invented yet in that universe. It feels strangely anachronistic. It also feels weird because witchers aren't machines, they are a kind of magician-warriors and very much 'human' beings. They aren't machinelike at all. The whole comparison feels out of place to me. That said, it looks as though the game will be pretty good. Difficult RPG's aren't really for me so I'll leave now and stop spoiling your exitement.

Wow that does look pretty cool. Never played a Witcher game though. Maybe I should look to rectify that. Are the previous two still worth picking up? Though after a quick search I could only find the 2nd one on consoles. Or is this one of those games that a lot of people say you shouldn't get if you don't play it on PC?

Pseudonym:
Why does the announcer call witchers 'the ultimate killing machine'? I never finished Witcher 2 but I didn't think machines are invented yet in that universe. It feels strangely anachronistic. It also feels weird because witchers aren't machines, they are a kind of magician-warriors and very much 'human' beings. They aren't machinelike at all. The whole comparison feels out of place to me. That said, it looks as though the game will be pretty good. Difficult RPG's aren't really for me so I'll leave now and stop spoiling your exitement.

Machines being anachronistic? I do not mean to be rude or anything, but you do realise that machines have been around forever? Heron of Alexandria, who lived in the first century AD, made all kinds of mechanical devices. Witcherland's technology is comparable to the Middle Ages. So... not quite anachronistic.

On topic: Good lord, this game looks breathtakingly amazing!

Holy shit. I can't even properly express the epicness of what I have just witnessed. It's history in the making. Raising the bar for every future RPG to an almost unreachable level. It is too good to be true. Yet it is true.

Yay older Ciri
I hope Yen actually dose things in this and isn't just a footnote or killed off.

Hopefully the combats been improved although chances are my PC can't run this game anyway.

Able Seacat:
Wow that does look pretty cool. Never played a Witcher game though. Maybe I should look to rectify that. Are the previous two still worth picking up? Though after a quick search I could only find the 2nd one on consoles. Or is this one of those games that a lot of people say you shouldn't get if you don't play it on PC?

The first one isn't on consoles.

The second is probably the best looking xbox 360 game released to date.

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

It does kinda seem though that they're forgetting about the whole "invasion" plotline from the second one though, which is weird. Still, this looks pretty fantastic.

-Seraph-:

El Luck:

We've known that Ciri and Yennefer would be in the game for some time now, but it's good to see their faces none the less. Ciri has grown into a fine young lady.

I know, but still, she's one of my favourite characters in the book, especially when she's in The Rats.

Able Seacat:

The 2nd one is worth picking up, on whatever format you want to play it on. the 1st one doesn't have a console port, but its not that great of a game so it doesn't really matter. There isn't really much from the 1st game that gets carried over and the bits that do they explain so you won't really be missing much storywise, but if you are interested just go read it on the wiki.

YO I NEED THAT MUSIC USED IN THE TRAILER. fucking cant wait for this. WHY YOU NO COME OUT SOONER. D:

Awesome! I actually got to see Yenn! Ciri still looks weird though with the white hair I just can't make this look work for her in my mind and now on screen it still isn't working its just too similar to his and so it keeps making me think the author was writing the fem version of Geralt but with a marry sue twist. That said though Ciri is not my fav of the lot of main characters I hope I can play as Yenn or her for a time during the game. I'm very interested in the wild hunters themselves to see what the game will do with them will they be generic badguys or will they turn them into villains we can love to hate?

weirdo8977:
YO I NEED THAT MUSIC USED IN THE TRAILER. fucking cant wait for this. WHY YOU NO COME OUT SOONER. D:

It's an original track. It will probably be in the game. In the meantime, enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SpMNGxdMKs

Able Seacat:

I would check to see if your computer could run the first. It's a relatively old game, and most computers now should be able to run it. The gameplay isn't anything impressive, though by no means bad either, but its writing and and world are among the best I've seen.

As for The Witcher 2, I haven't completed it yet. What I have seen leaves with mixed, though mostly good, feelings. The combat is slightly more balanced and engaging, but it still isn't anything great. The writing is still top-notch, albeit not as good as the first, and its implementation of choice is impressive. Overall, it's still strong where the original was and does improve on a few weaknesses.

Unfortunately, even by The Witcher 2, CD Projekt still hadn't fully grasped how to design a game, just make a well-written one with an interesting world. There are plenty of design flaws from questionable save spots (though you do get auto save), poorly explained mechanics, odd level designs, etc. The Witcher 2 especially leaves me scratching my head of what they were thinking, especially where it actually made things worse than the first.

But regardless of some glaring design flaws, I would still highly advise the games, as they certainly offer some high quality stories, characters, and worlds.

Pseudonym:
Why does the announcer call witchers 'the ultimate killing machine'? I never finished Witcher 2 but I didn't think machines are invented yet in that universe. It feels strangely anachronistic.

Machines aren't exclusive to robots and computers. The term can refer to even basic tools or Middle Age era siege weapons, both of which are heavily featured in the games.

It also feels weird because witchers aren't machines, they are a kind of magician-warriors and very much 'human' beings. They aren't machinelike at all. The whole comparison feels out of place to me.

But, anyways, come on. Don't tell me you've never heard of using metaphors. And as far as metaphors go, referring to genetically engineered super humans designed to kill as "ultimate killing machines" is rather common.

Yes, yes and motherfuckin yes.

This looks fuckin awesome. Just found myself yelling "CIRI?! IS THAT FUCKIN CIRI? HOLY SHIT IT TOTALLY IS! AND HOLY SHIT! YEN!"

I swear a lot when I'm excited. Fuck.

DementedSheep:
Yay older Ciri

I'm actually confused by this. It shows her grey haired in one part of the trailer but then she looks like her regular self in all the others.

Time travel magic, maybe?

Pseudonym:

Machines exist. Crossbows exist. Ballistas exists. Even huge labs with chemical tanks exist.

Witchers are not human, they are mutants. Mutants that got most off the "good" stuff in life like sex stripped from them. They are killing machines because a normal witcher is so much different than a human. They can't feel as much as a normal human can.

Geralt is different because he wasn't effected by the mutations in that way.

Able Seacat:

Witcher 1 is about 60 hours long if you aren't on easy. Hard as fuck in later levels. Traditional gameplay. Dated graphics. good story that's wonky in some places. You have to grind to be able to stand a chance in the later levels because you won't get the chance. PC exclusive.

Witcher 2 is much better paced, full of choices that you know fuck all about. Heavily dependent on a save game from the last game for the full effect.

Witcher 3 is the apex of all your choices. With the witcher 2 being the only game on console, so about 50-75% of your choices are gone. Especially if we are returning to Vizima. Which is possible.

SecretNegative:
YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

It does kinda seem though that they're forgetting about the whole "invasion" plotline from the second one though, which is weird. Still, this looks pretty fantastic.

The thing about the Nilfgaard invasion is that it doesn't matter to Geralt one bit. The Northern Kingdoms signed their own death sentence when they started waging war against each other, and Sile and Philippa's conspiracy only exacerbated the problem. Geralt might have been Foltest's friend, but in the end, A Witcher needs to work without loyalties. The Nilfgaard invasion was a foregone thing, nothing Geralt could do could stop their conquest. He just has to deal with the fallout.

SecretNegative:
YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

They abandoned the elven apocalypse plot line from the first game too. Geralt doesn't care about anything, he has no loyalties. The only reason he was with King was due to the attempt on his life by another witcher at the end of Witcher 1. If it wasn't for the money and the witcher school, he wouldn't even be at any of the battles.

Nothing can be done to stop the apocalypse. Nor the invasion. Geralt isn't a hero, and he isn't going to go on a quest to right every wrong because that's impossible in that world.

As much as I want to be hyped for this game, the slew of god-awful design choices from Witcher 1 and 2 make me unable to get anything more then mildly enthused for this.

Not to mention I dread to see how poorly optimized this game is, if its anything like the last two I might as well have to bring out my supercomputer for low quality.

I rolled my eyes at the "holy shit" in the title, then I watched the trailer and said holy shit... :| Hooked me again Witcher...

Awwwwwwwwwww man this game.........

Can't fucking wait!

(I think I may need to finally upgrade my graphics card)

Well now, it is time to upgrade my computer it seems. Well played Witcher, well played.

SacremPyrobolum:

DementedSheep:
Yay older Ciri

I'm actually confused by this. It shows her grey haired in one part of the trailer but then she looks like her regular self in all the others.

Are you confusing Ciri with Triss? Ciri appears only once in the trailer, the white haired girl with a huge ass sword on her back.

Zac Jovanovic:

SacremPyrobolum:

DementedSheep:
Yay older Ciri

Are you confusing Ciri with Triss? Ciri appears only once in the trailer, the white haired girl with a huge ass sword on her back.

I guess I am! It's been a while since I played.

SecretNegative:
YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

What do you mean? The trailer quite clearly shows the Nilfgaardian's have taken power. The room Emhyr var Emreis was sitting in is the very same throne room from the first Witcher, in Vizima. So it would appear a third war did occur, and one the empire finally emerged victorious in. In Temeria, at least.

OP: Looks great. I'm still interested to see how they pull off the full open world though. It's still got me concerned, but I trust CD Projekt. I'm just hoping my PC will be able to run it at low-medium setting. I could handle Witcher 2 on medium, so hopefully..

Wasn't that bothered at first but im steadily getting more and more hyped for the The Witcher 3.

Can someone explain to me who Yennifer and Ciri are though? I've only played the second game once or twice and although they are mentioned briefly im not sure who they are.

Dandark:

All of this reminds me, I really must get around to reading the rest of the Witcher books.

Oh yeah, and Witcher 3. Absolutely fantastic. I keep meaning to play through the first two games so I have two very different save files to use for the third one.

I'm sorry..I had to get my jaw back up from the floor.

This trailer has hyped me more than anything ever. Seeing Yennefer and Ciri was the most satisfying reveal ever.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked