The Witcher 3 - DAT TRAILER THO edition *NOW WITH GAMEPLAY FROM E3AND IGN*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

DarkhoIlow:
No it's running on Xbox one. It has been confirmed this guy on Witcher 3 official forums:

I know the griffin gameplay was on the Xbox, but was that video as well? Because if it is that makes it even more impressive and makes me wonder what it'll look like on the PC. More shading and particle effects I would imagine as well as more advanced physics.

Regardless of which platform it's showing on it's still damned impressive. I can't wait to see more, seems like witcher 3 just might be able to live up to its claims.

The Madman:

DarkhoIlow:
No it's running on Xbox one. It has been confirmed this guy on Witcher 3 official forums:

I know the griffin gameplay was on the Xbox, but was that video as well? Because if it is that makes it even more impressive and makes me wonder what it'll look like on the PC. More shading and particle effects I would imagine as well as more advanced physics.

Regardless of which platform it's showing on it's still damned impressive. I can't wait to see more, seems like witcher 3 just might be able to live up to its claims.

This is a bit strange, because that community manager said it's on Xbox (the one from IGN) and the Gamespot one they said it's PC build (the Johnny one) and it's a bit tricky to see which one of them is lying, because the latter footage looked exactly the same as the reveal.

But yes the PC version should have way more particle effects, fur physics (PC only feature with Tress FX) and higher AA. You could of noticed the lower fps as well so it's more than likely the console version.

The Sword of Destiny trailer is more than likely the PC version, you can see WEB's on Neogaf or other threads if you google them. There is even a 600mb 1080p version trailer which solidifies the fact that that trailer is from the PC version. You can spot the differences from that and the footage we have seen.

Update: Gamespot demo was confirmed as PC
Update 2: Here's the link for you Smash to update in OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY53MPTYMiA

DarkhoIlow:
Update: you can jump now in the game.

this makes me happy...but weirdly i don't know why :s

my head is saying "something to do with mmos" but i still can't quite place it...

An interesting tid bit I found out while browsing comments and forums for all of those people who have such great issue with not being bale to drink potions in combat:

"Confirmed that you will be able to drink potions before combat and then activate them when you will actually need their effect. I'm very satisfied with the compromise." Some neogaf poster

Might need some more clarification on this, but that's what I caught one poster saying. I'm cool with this, as it doesn't really break the lore, just allows you not to waste away precious potion effect time. You still need to sit down, and dope up, but it's nice that I won't have to waste 3 minutes out of that 5 minute long potion effect just walking around.

-Seraph-:
An interesting tid bit I found out while browsing comments and forums for all of those people who have such great issue with not being bale to drink potions in combat:

"Confirmed that you will be able to drink potions before combat and then activate them when you will actually need their effect. I'm very satisfied with the compromise." Some neogaf poster

Might need some more clarification on this, but that's what I caught one poster saying. I'm cool with this, as it doesn't really break the lore, just allows you not to waste away precious potion effect time. You still need to sit down, and dope up, but it's nice that I won't have to waste 3 minutes out of that 5 minute long potion effect just walking around.

I think they have went back to Witcher 1 potion maybe? Where you would meditate to create the potions then put them on the side pockets and you can use potions such as Swallow and others on the fly for health regeneration and what not.

Sleekit:

DarkhoIlow:

my head is saying "something to do with mmos" but i still can't quite place it...

I feel the same way. Not being able to jump in third person RPG's makes me cringe every time because I have a "tick" that makes me jump every few seconds. I blame Gothic series for this.

Sleekit:

DarkhoIlow:

For me it pisses me off to no end when you can't get over a small obstacle unless there is a specific spot with a button prompt for it, something the witcher 2 is guilty of. I distinctly remember having to follow a pathetically small fence around until I got to the opening in the witcher 1 as well.

I also tend to have my character jump when bored *shrug*

major_chaos:
I'm not really all that hype. TW2 was so busy being GRIMDARK that I hated everyone and stopped caring about the story at all (I think the exact point was the end of act 1 where the game goes "ok chose between the hypocritical, racist, murderer elf who was trying to have you killed an hour ago, or the violent, untrustworthy human who had you tortured in a dungeon a few days ago" and did't give me a "kill them both and find someone who isn't scum to travel with" option) and the combat here looks like more of the same weightless floatty mediocrity complete with spending more time buffing up and prepping for the fight than actually fighting. Still not totally turned off, but no way I'm preordering.

I'm sorry but what about the combat seemed floatty to you? It looked awesome the enemies actually reacted when Geralt struck them with his sword just like in the witcher 2. It has weight behind it, the enemies just don't stand there and take the hits like in skyrim or dragon age. They react and it looks like the the combat has hell of a more weight than many other sword fighting games out there.

What games in your opinion has really good weighty sword fighting melee combat? Pleas give me some examples.

PS: English isn't my native language so sorry for grammar mistakes.

major_chaos:
All that said I'm not going to pretend this is an objective complaint and not just my preference. A story doesn't have to be sunshine and rainbows with a perfect happy ending for me to enjoy it, but if you keep hammering in that the world I'm in is an awful place, don't expect me to care.

Having read some of the books The Witcher series is based on and having played both games so far, one of the things I actually quite like about the Witcher's setting is that while it's certainly dark and grim it's not excessively so. Unlike something like, say, Game of Thrones there's still hope in the Witcher's world. There are still things worth fighting for and people to fight with, meanwhile even the 'villains' tend to have some sort of redeeming features.

To give a few examples; Iorveth is a hypocrite, you're right. He's violent and he's cruel when he needs to be... but as you find out if you stick with him long enough he's also a bit of a tragic idealist, fighting in the vain hopes for a better future against odds he knows are damned near insurmountable. Hell later on you even discover he's a bit of a romantic as well, go figure. Roche meanwhile is a similarly sort of figure in that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty and has few qualms killing anyone that he feels threatens those he cares about. His group of friends and comrades in arms, his king, and if you earn his loyalty you as well. Where Iorveth is a tragic idealist, Roche's main trait is loyalty. To those he considers a friend his loyalty is unquestionable, and he'd fight through hell and back to try and keep them safe.

I disagree with SmashLoves that Roche is loyal to Tamriel, I don't think he is. I'd say he's loyal to the king, and even after the kings death he's loyal to his kings memory just like he'd be loyal to Geralt should you earn his trust. They aren't perfect. Hell, neither Roche nor Iorveth are 'goodguy' by any stretch of the imagination. But they're not monsters either and they each have understandable motivations for why they do what they do. I like that!

And there's hope for them as well. Things can be dark and things can be grim, but through your actions you do get the opportunity to try and make things better. There is hope for a better future, which is more than can be said for most other 'grimdark' settings and story.

MisterShine:

Ultratwinkie:
It ain't the Elder Scrolls. For one, the world is said to be much bigger than Skyrim. I think they said a single city has more buildings and people than the entirety of Skyrim.

So then the depth of the world will be even more shallow than Skyrim? That doesn't bode well at all. Adding more shit doesn't make a better game. CDPR still has to obey the laws of physics: if they spend more time making the game "wide", that necessarily means they must spend less time making the game "deep".

Ultratwinkie:
....and then you have the save import system so the world changes with your choices and you import all your old stuff. Something that Bethesda never does.

So like TW2, where your import did approximately fuck and all?

Ultratwinkie:
The combat also isn't going to be floaty where the block button only exists for Role Playing Purposes and hits have no weight behind them.

The combat looked even worse than TW2. The flash-step hop Geralt has now when dodging looks terrible. The sword blows don't look weighty at all.

edit: I have rewatched the gameplay e3 trailer, and the new "dodge" Geralt does is way less teleport-y than it looked when I watched it on the stream. I rescind that particular gripe, but will leave the comment as is.

Ultratwinkie:
An Open world RPg is hard to find, an open world RPG the scale of the witcher 3 and none of the aspects are dumbed down is a gaming unicorn now. Its amazing the witcher 3 exists, and they spent much less than any other AAA game.

For the love of God do not hype this up to be gaming Jesus. You will only disappoint yourself and everyone who is naive enough to believe you.

Oh and they said you can't abandon your quests. They actually have urgency to them.

That actually sounds interesting!

Now, despite my post up until now being rather negative, I don't mean to state that TW3 will be, at all, a bad game. I would bet 60 U.S. dollars in fact that it will be at least pretty good. HOWEVER, just because TW2 was a very good RPG and a colossal leap over its predecessor doesn't mean that CDPR will be able to make such a similar leap with the 3rd game. Letting developer hype pull you into making a fantasy Witcher 3 in your head won't do anyone any good, other than CDPR to make more money. Discuss the game as it is actually presented and how it is discussed by people who have actually played it without bias, as opposed to the people who have a very vested interest in getting you to part with your money.

And hey, maybe The Witcher 3 actually will end up being the amazing gaming Unicorn everyone would love it to be and we can all laugh about how silly I am next year, but on the very real chance it isn't, getting overhyped will only make it worse.

That's All, Carry On.

You keep applying US AAA standards to CDprojekt. Skyrim is shallow because consoles couldn't handle it. Their ancient engine also couldn't handle a lot of stuff. They stick with an ancient engine because its cheap and 5 people cities is all it can handle. If you try to mod in huge cities, the engine crashes.

The budget for the witcher 2 was well below what the AAA spends, and most of that tends to be marketing. The demo is made to be easy so that way the player doesn't have to retry 50 times to get to the end, they are on a fixed time slot. It will be an improved version of the combat, and they said they want traps, lures, potions, etc to all matter a lot. Skyrim has you run in, spank a draugr on the ass, and win by default.

The difference is the Witcher isn't made for consoles, its made for PC which is also the biggest market in poland. It also isn't limited by its engine. Skyrim is shallow for entirely different reasons than it being big. Skyrim's teams of people building the world also happened to be only about 7 people, and those same 7 people made all the dungeons in the game.

The choices also mattered in the witcher 2, and most of it was political. If you killed adda, Temeria is thoroughly fucked because the lineage has reached the end of the line. Even the royal bastards might not even be Foltest's. If you follow the story, things do change. Its said the world also changes with the choices in 3, which means the rest will show up there.

Its CDprojekt, not EA games.

Ultratwinkie:

Kiting means you aggroed a monster, and can't be damaged by it while also still have the ability to damage it. Ranged combat is famous for it, but its not the only way you can do it. There are different kinds, and that varies by MMO and what class you play. Everquest started it, but it does not own it. Its well past the purist meaning now, and even has its owwn bastardization.

You can do it as a melee character, you just can't do it 100% of the time. Moving out of melee range during an attack is kiting. All the monster has to do is keep its attention on you.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kite
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/18903/what-is-kiting

Its meaning changes with the MMO. Don't say Everquest has a monopoly on it. It doesn't even need ranged attacks anymore because it diversified. All of them are kiting now. You keep calling back to "objective definitions" from an ancient almost dead MMO. Not to mention how ridiculous it is to use "objective" on words that expand in meaning and happens to also be slang.

You were, by definition, complaining because you wanted an outdated bog standard RPG from over 6 years ago. Crying about the evil "consoles" when CD Projekt was always PC first so therefore it must be "tainted" in your mind. Even when they give PC gamers 150% to make sure they are happy.

You keep trying to use "complex" and "definition" and "intellectual" but there is nothing complex in your entire argument. You are trying to pass off something simple as something complex. In reality, you played the witcher on easy and then complained about how easy it is.

There is a reason everyone is dog piling on your argument and not on mine. Because your complaints are pointless, and as others have even said was just plain wrong.

And yet all of that wouldn't have happened if you just said "I didn't like it personally" and left it like that instead of trying to make it all "fancy" and "intellectual" with buzz words. You try to turn your opinion into fact and praising other games that are far from complex and are incredibly simple.

You are consistently refusing to read the argument. If you're not going to, then why bother arguing?

First, you actually linked the Guild Wars definition of kiting. To that, I laugh. Sorry, but what some few people in GW think kiting is is hardly valid. The term predates GW1 by six years and was already established. What GW defines as kiting *already* has standard definitions, including dodging which hardly needs its own definition, jousting which is fleeing melee range while your melee/melee ability cooldown is up, and melee range CC (stuns/knockdowns). These are not kiting, no matter what someone who edits the GW wiki thinks.

Ranged/snare/root/backup kiting is kiting, stutter stepping (reference: SC1/SC2) is kiting. Rolling into and out of melee range is not kiting, its dodging. They are entirely different animals.

It's simple, the term comes from "flying" a mob behind you while you run away, so it looks like your running in front of a kite. By any reasonable attempt to define it, rolling around to the side/behind enemies is not kiting. It doesn't even laughably attempt to emulate kiting.

That said, here's the important question are you capable of making an argument that does not resort to insults and assumptions? Because if you aren't, then there's nothing more to say. Assumption -> Strawman -> Insult is not a remotely good argument path.

You said I played TW2 on Easy. That is both insulting and an assumption. Frankly, I don't remember the last game I've ever turned easy mode on, except for L4D1 while working on some of the hardest achievements which ignored difficulty level. I played TW2 on Normal. I found it easy. I found it boring and tedious because it was more efficient to just roll->slash slash than anything else, including prepping potions and using traps. The block/parry system (pre-combat mod, which I admit to not trying... YET) is nonresponsive and unintuitive, so I couldn't be bothered to learn it. This is no different than Dark Souls to me, for the roll/dodge melee play style, which I find horribly dull. There I prefer to focus on block/parry/dance which is actually just as intuitive as dodge/roll and far more entertaining.

This is not about bog standards. It's about one style seemingly more efficiently and effectively than others, which makes the deeper gameplay associated with them less useful than it should be. I agree, I haven't played the game on it's hardest settings, however the game has not convinced me that it would be interesting to do so, unfortunately, due to story/character issues I have with it, which is a whole different discussion.

What I said, is that the block/parry system in TW2 needs to be improved significantly. I also said that the potion system needs to be looked at. I didn't say drinking potions out of combat was completely wrong, though that could be a consideration for gameplay over story, especially since TW1 did it. I did say that the potion length should be improved (20 minutes minimum) to make it more viable for longer dungeon/encounter areas and less tedious.

If you cannot engage those points, then you are not making an argument, you are resorting to childish insults and assumptions in an effort to win at all costs, omg. No game is infallible and it's good to talk out what is good and bad. You can already see in this thread where I engaged with some of the more reasonable posters to give them points about TW2's strong points and how they think the game benefits from the current systems in place.

You, sir, have done nothing of the sort.

Alarien:
I played TW2 on Normal. I found it easy. I found it boring and tedious because it was more efficient to just roll->slash slash than anything else, including prepping potions and using traps. The block/parry system (pre-combat mod, which I admit to not trying... YET) is nonresponsive and unintuitive, so I couldn't be bothered to learn it. This is no different than Dark Souls to me, for the roll/dodge melee play style, which I find horribly dull. There I prefer to focus on block/parry/dance which is actually just as intuitive as dodge/roll and far more entertaining.

It's always hilarious when someone calls a style of gameplay (eg. dodge/roll) crap because it makes the game "too easy", when it's their choice to play it like that. It's not like you can switch to one of the other styles or gameplay in The Witcher 2.

Oh wait it is possible to do that, and you can mod the potion length to make it longer.

DarkhoIlow:
5:35:00 livestream Day 1

New Witcher 3 footage (Johnny footage)

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/samsung-stage-1-2014/

It's very little..like 3mins of footage shown.

Added to the OP, thanks for posting these in the thread.

The Madman:
I disagree with SmashLoves that Roche is loyal to Tamriel,

I'd certainly disagree with that as well actually, Roche being loyal to Tamriel would be a pretty big slip up on CDProjekts part!

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

DarkhoIlow:
5:35:00 livestream Day 1

New Witcher 3 footage (Johnny footage)

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/samsung-stage-1-2014/

It's very little..like 3mins of footage shown.

Added to the OP, thanks for posting these in the thread.

Gamespot Johnny footage is confirmed by the guys there that it is the PC build whereas the one shown at Microsoft is Xbox one.

Still don't know what the IGN footage was.

PS: There is also Giantbomb having interview talking about Witcher 3 in their post show (probably not to update thread about but will update once I hear more about it).

endtherapture:

Alarien:
I played TW2 on Normal. I found it easy. I found it boring and tedious because it was more efficient to just roll->slash slash than anything else, including prepping potions and using traps. The block/parry system (pre-combat mod, which I admit to not trying... YET) is nonresponsive and unintuitive, so I couldn't be bothered to learn it. This is no different than Dark Souls to me, for the roll/dodge melee play style, which I find horribly dull. There I prefer to focus on block/parry/dance which is actually just as intuitive as dodge/roll and far more entertaining.

It's always hilarious when someone calls a style of gameplay (eg. dodge/roll) crap because it makes the game "too easy", when it's their choice to play it like that. It's not like you can switch to one of the other styles or gameplay in The Witcher 2.

Oh wait it is possible to do that, and you can mod the potion length to make it longer.

Well, to be fair, I don't like to mod game mechanics. It's one thing for open world games to be modded heavily to improve what is often a shallow story/plot and improve the world, but I would prefer the devs to patch primary gameplay mechanics like combat. I consider the combat mod by the one dev to be a good example of after-market support by the dev team. I do expect to try it soon.

I didn't call the style of dodge/roll crap, please don't misunderstand. I called it tedious because it can be used as a one trick pony more efficiently and quickly than more preparatory styles, in my experience. A good example would be a game like God of War or Lords of Shadow. In both of those games, one strong combo can be effectively used to win 90% of the game's encounters. I found the same thing with just using roll -> slash slash in TW2, meaning that there was no strong reason to improve other skills or spend time on them.

I'd like to see that balanced out to make each just as effective and fun, without significantly hampering the time taken to progress the story. I don't see how that's particularly funny or an unfair comment.

Found this rather funny and extra info regarding the game. For those who like numbers:

It's kind of a shame that I find the gameplay in the Witcher to be a chore, because the story interests me, as does the concept behind it and I frakking love the devs. I WILL beat Witcher 2 one day.

I hope the combat is better, I struggled to finish the first two games and just get bored. I love the world, the characters, the writing, the mechanics of the crafting and potions and the way you level up but the combat was repetitive and boring. The occasional boss monster fights where good, having to carefully prepare for them and having to plan how to trap/kill it where the bets bits but few and far between.

Most the time it was just boring endless, dodge, dodge, spell, dodge, slash, dodge, slash over and over again. The enemies where just spammed hitpoint soaks in large numbers and needed few tactics to kill, maybe a few where easier to kill with blade coatings or traps but that was about it. The combat was even more of a chore than a game like Skyrim or Assassins Creed, even combat from something like Dragons Dogma might be better.

Sure it might be the biggest hugest RPG world ever but if the combats the same sorry I'm out CDPR, I love you guys and your business model and ethics but a huge game with snooze inducing combat being such a huge part of it? I cannot face that.

-Seraph-:

I gotta finish reading the books dammit, been lazy with that lately. Gonna be a long wait, but hopefully a worthwhile one, and this game shall be the game to put my new rig to the test :)

Now where the fuck can I pre-order that collectors edition?! Must get!!

I'm not even a witcher fan and I want it...

-Seraph-:

I gotta finish reading the books dammit, been lazy with that lately. Gonna be a long wait, but hopefully a worthwhile one, and this game shall be the game to put my new rig to the test :)

I know that feel. I loved The Last Wish no matter how akward the translation was. I fell off reading Blood of Elves cause it got lost in the move.

The writer might be a bit of a dick to his fans, but fuck he's created a pretty decent series. It's not a favourite but definately not worth passing up.

Gankytim:

-Seraph-:

I know that feel. I loved The Last Wish no matter how akward the translation was. I fell off reading Blood of Elves cause it got lost in the move.

The writer might be a bit of a dick to his fans, but fuck he's created a pretty decent series. It's not a favourite but definately not worth passing up.

You should continue. The books get a bit more of a consistend storyline later on, the first one is basically just a assortment of different stories.
Yeah the author is kinda weird. I read an interview were he was asked if the video games favoured the sells of his books and he replied he thought that the popularity of his books favours the video games. I am pretty sure there are only very few people outside of poland that have heard of the witcher books before the games.

Amaror:
I am pretty sure there are only very few people outside of poland that have heard of the witcher books before the games.

Actually from what I understand it has a MASSIVE cult following all through eastern europe.

To this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51sZeFI-3Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3GEPkjNh6k

DarkhoIlow:
Found this rather funny and extra info regarding the game. For those who like numbers:

Having seen this I expect The Witcher 3 to be about 60-70 hours long in total.

I mean, 55 hours for The Witcher 2? Maybe if you play it on the hardest difficulty, suck at it and max everything while fighting monsters just because. Otherwise its like 30-35.

Gankytim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3GEPkjNh6k

I fucking love Vader.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I fucking love Vader.

You. I fucking love you.

I recently ordered the new Vader record. It's going to be fucking sweet when it arrives. (just to derail it a little further. We could just turn it into a Vader 'n Witcher thead!).

erttheking:
It's kind of a shame that I find the gameplay in the Witcher to be a chore, because the story interests me, as does the concept behind it and I frakking love the devs. I WILL beat Witcher 2 one day.

im kinda hoping that, at somepoint in the future, they will remake/refine at least the first 2 games and repack the whole lot as a more flowing and technically competent trilogy.

this would be in line with many current trends ("HD editions" and MS repackaging of the Halo games for example) and i think CD Projekt will find leaving this "property" alone pretty hard unless they do something like that ;)

here's hoping anyway.

i'd certainly buy it.

BathorysGraveland2:
I recently ordered the new Vader record. It's going to be fucking sweet when it arrives. (just to derail it a little further. We could just turn it into a Vader 'n Witcher thead!).

New one already? Fuck yeah.

Welcome to the Morbid Reich... I must have been listening to that every day for half a year at least. That was the best Vader record in ages.

Sleekit:

erttheking:

im kinda hoping that, at somepoint in the future, they will remake/refine at least the first 2 games and repack the whole lot as a more flowing and technically competent trilogy.

this would be in line with many current trends ("HD editions" and MS repackaging of the Halo games for example) and i think CD Projekt will find leaving this "property" alone pretty hard unless they do something like that ;)

here's hoping anyway.

i'd certainly buy it.

Maybe console players will finally get The Witcher 1 then.

Here is a post from the Witcher 3 forums that will update on how alchemy is currently working in the game (this may change however)

I enjoyed both how alchemy worked in previous two games and I liked the second one more..gave it way better feeling to get prepared and use potions(buffing ones) before hand when going into a dangerous zone.

DarkhoIlow:
Here is a post from the Witcher 3 forums that will update on how alchemy is currently working in the game (this may change however)

I enjoyed both how alchemy worked in previous two games and I liked the second one more..gave it way better feeling to get prepared and use potions(buffing ones) before hand when going into a dangerous zone.

Meh, I really liked the system in the second game, they could have left it unchanged if you ask me.

"Already owned potions will be replenished during meditation" - I can't quite make sense of this. What, you automatically get potions? Their effects automatically renew themselves when you meditate? Huh?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

DarkhoIlow:

Meh, I really liked the system in the second game, they could have left it unchanged if you ask me.

"Already owned potions will be replenished during meditation" - I can't quite make sense of this. What, you automatically get potions? Their effects automatically renew themselves when you meditate? Huh?

Yeah I didn't understand that one either. After seeing the demo the interface showed that the potion he made was being placed in a potion slot on the lower left corner so I would reckon that you can't stack those potions too much and they will have a cap.

Update on this: Durante put it quite well from Gaf:

"This is very similar to how recent Atelier games handle in-battle consumable items. They are fully replenished every time you head into town again.

I think this is a great design decision, since I was one of the people keeping 100s of consumables for the eventuality that never comes. It makes consumables a more integral part of the entire game, not something only for the final battle."

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
[quote="DarkhoIlow" post="9.851863.21084385"]snip

Here's a link with Konrad talking about the new alchemy system: Minute 3:00 the talk about alchemy starts.

Also more details about it: "The potions will work in a different way than in The Witcher 2. So now you will prepare them, you will drink them before a fight, but you can release the effect of those whenever you want. So it's not like you've drunk the potion and you have 30 seconds of boost and then it wears off. You can start the fight in the moment it suits you, and if the fight proves hard, you can just release the effect through your metabolism. But if the fight is easy, you can preserve that and use it in the next fight."

UPDATE 1: Regarding combat (courtesy of PCgamer): I talked to Gilewski along with The Witcher 3's lead programmer, Grzegorz Mocarski, after the demo. Mocarski added that Geralt now has two different dodge moves. "We're still working on it, but right now you can already see...one is the dodge move, the other is the pirouette," he said. "This time you're having many possibilities for the fights as well. You've got signs, swords, crossbows, bombs, different moves you can use. Not all features will work in all situations. We wanted to give a little more control to the player and make the fight a little more tactical."

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

The Madman:
I disagree with SmashLoves that Roche is loyal to Tamriel,

I'd certainly disagree with that as well actually, Roche being loyal to Tamriel would be a pretty big slip up on CDProjekts part!

What? Why do you say... oh.

Yeah, Temeria. I'm sure you know what I meant though.

Not digging the sounds of the alchemy situation, to be honest. I always liked having to find herbs and making my own potions in the first two games, and then using them strategically. I wanted them to increase the complexity of the alchemy system, not simplify it. Hmm, I guess we'll see later on how it's fully implemented.

The game is looking good and I keep being reminded that I really should get around to finishing The Witcher 2. I think what's stopped me, aside from distractions by other games, is the combat system. And not because it's bad, but because it's so different from other games.

I think it's great, but it also means I have to basically learn and master a new way of combat, something I simply haven't been willing to do yet - even though I am certain that if I'd do then that's me playing through the game like 3 times over. One to learn combat and such, one to try other options and one to go full on "min/max, haha I'm a murdergod and you're about to learn why, complete combat domination" and get my "perfect" story experience. Which is kind of my usual approach to RPG's I enjoy.

Some day... when I've cleared more of my back catalog :p

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked