Let's talk E3!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Ok, thanks to being unable to get a stream that could go a minute without stopping and chugging, I largely have no idea what went on. Something about new characters in Little Big Planet 3, Far Cry 4 was shown briefly, indy games of there's maybe two different looking ones, and that's about all I got from it. >:[

The Penguin as voiced by Jim Sterling

Did the stream completely break for anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind

"And we have one more thing to show you!"

OOOOHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING TIME FOR BOY AND GRIFFON ADVENTURES

"Sony Computer Entertainment Presents"

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S COMING! THE LAST GUARDIAN!

"Naughty Dog!"

FUCK.

For me the conference could have ended after about 40 minutes and I'd be fine. But damn, they really fucked up bad in that second half. Who would have guessed Sony were the ones to talk about TV, Movies and Comic crap after Microsoft's showing last year. I'd give it a C-

Uncharted 4: Sully dies for real this time.

Another great E3 press conference from Sony!

Batman Arkham Knight looks incredible (Like that's a shock.) But I do have to wonder how they'll keep people from going all GTA in the Batmobile. Batman doesn't kill after all...

Destiny, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky, ABZU, Uncharted 4,...and so many more. That was some good stuff. It looks like Sony just won another E3...what do all you guys think?

Sony were doing so well...and then they absolutely shit the bed second half. For those who put stock in these things, Microsoft won it for me personally.

Then again, they were always likely to unless Platinum announced an exclusive for Sony too

Andy Shandy:
Sony were doing so well...and then they absolutely shit the bed second half. For those who put stock in these things, Microsoft won it for me personally.

Then again, they were always likely to unless Platinum announced an exclusive for Sony too

I agree, I was bored and didn't see any exclusives I wanted to play. Most of the good games they showed were multi-platform.

eh, Sony conference was like MS: completely average. Sony has NEVER really gotten the hang of their pressers; they always run too long and they don't really have that much to show. They could cut out all the padding and say more in less time but they NEVER do that. It also doesn't help that the people speaking have the charisma of a dry sponge.

ToastiestZombie:
"And we have one more thing to show you!"

OOOOHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING TIME FOR BOY AND GRIFFON ADVENTURES

"Sony Computer Entertainment Presents"

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S COMING! THE LAST GUARDIAN!

"Naughty Dog!"

FUCK.

For me the conference could have ended after about 40 minutes and I'd be fine. But damn, they really fucked up bad in that second half. Who would have guessed Sony were the ones to talk about TV, Movies and Comic crap after Microsoft's showing last year. I'd give it a C-

I was so hoping for them to show The Last Guardian, especially with yesterday's IGN shitfest. But alas, we shall never get it.
Totally meh on Uncharted 4

For some reason Geoff Keighley was really happy to have Jack Tretton there, he hasnt looked as lively for a really long time

EDIT: GTAV confirmed for PS4, Xbox One and PC
http://www.rockstargames.com/

I thought that was a great Sony conference! No Man's Sky looks amazing! Ditto Destiny, Abzu and Uncharted 4!
And oh my. LittleBigPlanet 3? The reason I got back into Playstation? Consider me sold!
The only downside I can think of was the talk of Playstation TV (didn't quite understand the point of it) and the talk of original comic TV series Powers (don't really care). Also, no Last Guardian. Bummer.
Oh well. 7/10. Better than Xbox's conference.

This mostly felt like a filler year. The only real good stuff was stuff we already knew was good from having it shoved in our faces every 5 mins before, such as Witcher 3 and Dragon Age.

Microsoft was pretty good but nothing stood out. EA was a load of bollocks. Ubisoft could have been just Rainbow 6 then the rest of it was pointless. We still know barely anything more about the Division than we did a year ago. It still looks like a standard squad based TPS, even if its a good one. Sony was good apart from falling back into their old habit of having a really boring part in the middle. I wanted to hear about PS Now but, nothing for Europe... Nothing particularly next gen yet.

It was pretty weird how all for of them were constantly mentioning listening to gamer feedback. I facepalmed at all those 'betas'. (They should be called early access except Steam game a negative meaning to that phrase.)

Man, I was really underwhelmed by Sony's address. I was expecting a lot more. As far as MS goes I think they did what they needed to, but not much more than that. Ubisoft was awful, EA just reminded us that their yearly titles are still yearly(including BF now I guess) and all the more interesting stuff(Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect) are all still far off.

I hope Nintendo gives us something to talk about tomorrow for good or ill.

I am honestly surprised how my opinion of the Xbox is starting to change, MS keeps making decisions I like(for the most part) and seem to still be in the make up phase. At this point I am considering a X1 more than a PS4, especially after remembering that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 are coming out on it as well.

It just feels odd after how bad things were the same time last year, but I guess that is competition at work. Funny how things work when actual competition is involved rather a series of non-aggression pacts.

Sony was doing great, and if they ended it after No Man's Sky, I'd say they won by a long shot. But as said elsewhere, they shit the bed with the second half. Still the best one of the day, though.

Honestly, just considering the 5 games Nintendo is obviously going to show (Smash, Bayonetta, X, Pokemon Gen 3 and Hyrule Warriors), they'll probably have the best presentation if they announce anything new at all to go with these. This year felt like a lot of filler, with the occasional bright spots.

Also, best moment of the day: Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime

Obligatory:

Sony kinda dropped the ball around the halfway mark when they started going off about movies and TV when Microsoft was just non-stop games.

I honestly enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank trailer. Sony's downside was very small for me at least.

Alright here's my rundown,

The YEAH!:
Little Big Planet 3 (HOLLAH!)
BloodBorne (Hail Myasaki! PRAISED BE!)
New Phantom Pain trailer! (Really nailed the "former hero slowly becoming a Monster" vibe)
GRIM FANDANGO FOOLZ!
No Man's Sky, very ambitious, very colourful, you have my interest
Batman: Arkham Knight (SCARECROW! I MISSED YA BUDDY!)
GTAV and TLoU on PS4 (called it, glad I waited on these)

The Meh:
Destiny failed to impress me, just kinda looks like Halo 2.0, not bad, but not a WOW moment
The Order looks like a cool idea, but all we saw was a heavily scripted sequence down a hallway, you can do better then that.
I'm a big Suda 51 fan (No More Heroes is one of my favorite games) but I was pretty underwhelmed by Let it Die, except that grim reaper on a skateboard, that's pretty awesome
Uncharted 4, Not a huge fan of the series myself, and I was hoping for Last Guardian, but I'll probably be playing it anyway.
Moretal Kombat X looks to me like MK 2009 with a fresher coat of paint, pass.

The Bleh:
TWENTY SODDING MINUTES OF TV AND MOVIES, c'mon guys I thought you'd learned by now!
Dumb-ass F2P montage, pointless and headache inducing.
A bundle with the sodding Lego Movie Game? Really?
Barely any talk of VR stuff
No Last Guardian update, GIVE US THE TRAILER AND WIPE AWAY THE DISENFRANCHISEMENT!

Overall, good show, way better then Ubi's or EA's, my PS4 is starting to look a little more worth it.

Microsoft really brought it this year, and it was what I needed to see from them. After watching both conferences, I can happily say they put a smackdown on Sony this year. Sony really came off looking desperate with some of their comments tonight, honestly.

I heard a dumb rumor that Valve was going to be at this E3, is that true? Haven't heard anyone talk about it so....

Obviously they would announce HL3, the cure for cancer, and the contents of Al Capone's wallet.

Ubisoft's press conference was okay. I liked the trailers we got, The Crew interested me even though I've never been one for driving games and Aisha Tyler was entertaining as usual, but there was only one new announcement with Rainbow Six. Er, unless Assassin's Creed Unity was technically a new announcement. I don't even know. It feels like that game was leaked months ago. Anyway, I found it fun to watch, but certainly not too exciting.

Sony kind of let me down this year. I always look forward to their conferences the most and especially after Ubisoft's just being okay, I was really hoping for an announcement or two that would fire me up. Not to mention last year was their best conference I'd ever seen; they had Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, a bunch of neat indie titles and generally lots of good news regarding the PS4 and such. I wasn't expecting it to be as impressive, but I did want something to grab onto. I will say No Man's Sky looks awesome and soon having the chance to play Grim Fandango is definitely good news.

Also what was with that announcement about a Ratchet and Clank remake? They really just slipped that in there. No trailer, no screenshot, no nothing. Not even its own logo. They just expected us to take it on Andrew House's word, I guess. Sorta makes me question whether it really happened or I just hallucinated the whole thing.

MHR:
I heard a dumb rumor that Valve was going to be at this E3, is that true? Haven't heard anyone talk about it so....

Obviously they would announce HL3, the cure for cancer, and the contents of Al Capone's wallet.

Don't hold your breath, I'm pretty sure Valve already up and said they weren't going this year, if HL3 is announced before the year's out, it'll be as part of another ARG thing like they did with Portal 2, that's just Valve's style.

mysecondlife:
I honestly enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank trailer. Sony's downside was very small for me at least.

Same for me. Ever since the first trailer I was interested in seeing the Ratchet and Clank movie was going, so with this it seems interesting. The main villain is already confirmed to be Chairman Drek, but I'm interested into how Dr. Nefarious will be in it. For me I'm probably just fan-gasming is all because for a while Insomniac seemed a bit iffy with the series, but after playing Into the Nexus I don't think Insomniac has lost their edge yet.

Plus for me, when I think of my childhood and the games that stood out most honestly I remember Ratchet and Clank being one of the main series from there. :3

I thought Sony had a good conference overall, nothing mind blowing, but good nonetheless. I can honestly say that No Man's Sky is the first indie game I've ever been interested in, and I am interested in Uncharted 4, and maybe the Order 1886.

Still, I feel a bit jaded by most of the announcements so far. I am the most interested in all the Nintendo stuff to come tomorrow, but I am usually still excited after the other conferences too. Maybe I am just tired of the "now you can play four player co-op, IN EVERYTHING!!!" Seriously, it that like the theme for E3 2013, and 2014?

while I'm pretty eye roll-y about the E3 hype (especially given the whole watch dogs thing) I will say I DO like what I saw of the next tomb raider so far

I like the "jacket and hoodie of sadess" look on Lara

deserteagleeye:
Uncharted 4: Sully dies for real this time.

really? THATS AWSOME! next it might be Drake!

....don't look at me like that....

Dreadman75:

Batman Arkham Knight looks incredible (Like that's a shock.) But I do have to wonder how they'll keep people from going all GTA in the Batmobile. Batman doesn't kill after all...
?

Driver:sanfransisco had a thing where you just can't hit people because they jump out the way

Neronium:

mysecondlife:

Same for me. Ever since the first trailer I was interested in seeing the Ratchet and Clank movie was going, so with this it seems interesting. The main villain is already confirmed to be Chairman Drek, but I'm interested into how Dr. Nefarious will be in it. For me I'm probably just fan-gasming is all because for a while Insomniac seemed a bit iffy with the series, but after playing Into the Nexus I don't think Insomniac has lost their edge yet.

Plus for me, when I think of my childhood and the games that stood out most honestly I remember Ratchet and Clank being one of the main series from there. :3

Ratchet and Clank was not part of my childhood. Only RC experience I have is the first half of the first game. I just genuinely thought it might be a fun movie when it come out.

Guys! Guys! Can we PLEASE just talk about Valiant Hearts for a second?

Even this trailer is choking me up a bit! I have no idea how this game will play, but damn if I'm not interested in the sheer humanity of the project. It's a crying shame the news room didn't feel like covering it.

Honestly, colour me rather underwhelmed by the whole experience.

Still seems like a next-gen console won't be worth owning until at least 2015.

Arkham Knight looked impressive. Although the Batmobile seems like it'll be overpowered as all-get-go, or more likely severely restricted in use.
Far Cry 4 looked fun, if not anything mind-blowing (not that anyone expected it to be).
Littlebigplanet 3 having backwards compatibility was unexpected.
I'm skeptical that the amount of level design in the bit of Unity they played is consistent throughout the game.
The new UFC looks godawful, visually worse then the 2010 and 3 entries, and they're using stupid popup menu things for submissions, ugh.
No Mans Sky looks promising, but it also has terrible Molyneux/Spore vibes. Call me a cynic, but I'm guessing the limits of the procedural content will start showing up fast in actual gameplay, and the experience could wash out quick.
Order 1866 looks like bullshots, especially compared with earlier gameplay vids.
MK looked ... pretty? I guess. Fighters seem to be stuck in a rut, and its hard to justify shelling them out at AAA prices for minor graphical updates. DLC can update a roster, and patches can fix balancing, so its tough to justify a new version.
I've heard GTA:Online may have improved the filtering on annoying ****heads when you play, possibly making it playable. Maybe I'll look into the PS4 version, since I got the PS3 one for free anyways. I wonder if by "new activities", they actually added any crime potential into the SP sandbox, or more nature hike junk.
Sony's TV series might be ok, its free to PSPlus (which is a no-brainer to anyone with the cash handy) anyways. I"m not sure how much potential the PS:TV box thing has, beyond a nostalgia crowd (but also requiring that nostalgia crowd to not have the old consoles still).
Dragon Age just seems like a mess.
Bloodborne'll have to throw more out then bog-standard creepy gothic visuals and zombies (apparently) to win me over.
Dead Island 2's trailer was sort of funny, makes me wonder if Deep Silver pulled some of the Saints Row guys over for it. Dead Island's history as a game is very suspect however.
Meh on The Crew.
Can we just get some regular in-context gameplay of Destiny yet? I've seen 4 or 5 trailers on the thing and still don't know if its an MMO/Co-op/faction warfare thing/whatever Titanfall is. The story seems possibly interesting, but presented in horrible cliches.

Stop showing your alpha/concept art like its an actual thing. EA's was the worst for this, yeesh.
Sony clearly hasn't done their homework on people's reaction to free-to-play games to dedicate that much time to it.

Went to bed before Sony's confernce (I'm English, it was at 2am) from people's reactions it seems they did shit this year
Also in the mind of sony execs, wow xbone really fucked up last year by not talking about games so lets dedicate this half this e3 to not talking about games.
Looking forward to the abridged versions, last year's ones were funny

King Whurdler:
Guys! Guys! Can we PLEASE just talk about Valiant Hearts for a second?

Even this trailer is choking me up a bit! I have no idea how this game will play, but damn if I'm not interested in the sheer humanity of the project. It's a crying shame the news room didn't feel like covering it.

Just looks like another one of these "my feels!" games that are popular right now that you'll play once and then shelve it. Not really all that interesting. That said, that trailer shows sweet fuck all about any gameplay, so there's nothing worth discussing at the moment. Probably why it isn't being covered.

BathorysGraveland2:
Snip

Why is replayability such a big issue? I don't need to play Brothers more than once, but I can still say it's easily the best game of 2013. Like the saying goes, show what you know.

And remember, this is Ubisoft. 'Lack of actual gameplay' should be their mantra, so it hardly fits as a criticism in this case. Did you see that trailer for the new Rainbow Six? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I can bet on happening in that game at this point, is guns being fired.

King Whurdler:

BathorysGraveland2:
Snip

Why is replayability such a big issue? I don't need to play Brothers more than once, but I can still say it's easily the best game of 2013. Like the saying goes, show what you know.

And remember, this is Ubisoft. 'Lack of actual gameplay' should be their mantra, so it hardly fits as a criticism in this case. Did you see that trailer for the new Rainbow Six? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I can bet on happening in that game at this point, is guns being fired.

Well, I like to replay my games over the years. So replayability is a big deal for me (which is reinforced due to these "feels" games usually being pretty short). If I cannot extend my enjoyment of a game, then I probably won't bother with it. Unless it's ultra cheap or something.

Only watched the Microsoft one, since it was the only one which was at a reasonable time.

Good things:
- topics different from: XBONE, tv, sports, television, tv, sports, sports, A DOG!

Bad things:
- Apart from a very few games, only the expected sequels
- Microsoft, you make this thing called 'windows'. Don't act like it fucking does not exist as a gaming platform, you assmonkeys.
- Too much BS about DLC

Specific thoughts on games:
- Scalebound: I wasn't a fan of Dante, and this guy looks like an even bigger douche.
- Sunset Overdrive: may be fun, but I'd currently describe it as Tony Hawk's Infamous Crackdown. Plus: they do have to tone it down a bit, I think. Slightly too overdone
- New Fable: it's going to be impossible to balance. Either the Bad Guy has too much resources, which makes it impossible for teh good guys to win unless the overlord holds back, or he has going to have too little and it'll be too easy. And the zone between those two is impossibly thin. Furthermore: I can see people getting sick of the 'funny' comments made by the other heroes 15 minutes into the game.
- Advanced Warfare: Call of Halo? Seriously. It had pretty pixels, but it still has the same boring gameplay, they actually seem to acknowledge this time that grey and brown makes it impossible to make out enemies, so they give you a gadget which lights them up like a christmas tree and putting a heroic death in a trailer DOES NOT WORK.
- AssCreed Unity: could be fun, could not be fun. I'm afraid they won't be able to top being a pirate.
- Tomb Raider: they now seem to be completely over the idea that Lara Croft is not an insame killer of men. Also: what kind of arrows does she use that she can penetrate a fucking skull without the arrow shattering?
- Halo Collection: would be fun it this came out on the PC, but still: don't know if it'll be worth the money. Also: those updated graphics on the levels they showed actually made the levels look worse, imho.
- Indie games: too much self-indulgent 'artsy' stuff for my taste.
- Crackdown. So the police now do stuff worse than 9/11 to kill a single criminal?
- Forza: yes, your cars look pretty. However, your environments still look really stilted when not seen racing past the window at 200 mph.
- Evolve: that was one of the most unappealing things I've seen in a long time. If it's good, the trailer sold it short. Looked like they were just bunnyhopping around a overgrown Imgarl Stealer while shooting it ineffectually. Monster's movement looked stilted and I saw nothing of the evolving the title promised.
- Dragon Age: I haven't play DA2, but I sort of liked the semi-tactical combat of DA:O. Was the move to generic action fighting with bullshitty high jumps already present in the second game, or is this new?
- Project Spark: I liked the look of this, however then I reminded myself this will be released on XBLive. Half of the levels will be full of penises and it will be impossible to create levels, since you have to do it with a fucking Xbox controller instead of a normal mouse/keyboard interface. And sure, it's slower, but doable when placing objects, but as soon as you have to get the subroutines for the different mobs to behave itself, they'll be either limited to a few archetypes or you'll have to do some coding sort of stuff using the controller.
- Halo 5: "a journey about his past and his future"? It's Master Chief, known even in the expanded universe for being a complete blank slate.
- Playdead: if you're making your game monochromatic, at least make it contrast rich.
- Witcher 3: Eh. Can't really complain here. On the other hand, they have shown virtually nothing. Hoping that this time, they will have some form of an actual fucking tutorial instead of saying: here's the game, there are some enemies, try not to die horribly a hundred times before figuring out the buttons.
- Phantom Dust: they announce it like it's a huge thing, but even I had to look it up. Apparently, it sold less than 10K copies.
- Contagion: I really love the idea of a tactical coop shooter, but please, can we finally move past the fucking cover based mechanics again?

The problem which I had was that all of the Ubisoft games looked stunning, and I don't believe it one bit, especially after Watchdogs.

Other than that, I thought it was pretty decent. I am disappointed that very little was shown of Battlefront, but I am happy that EA showed a lot of alpha and work in progress games as opposed to just showing CG trailer or a vertical slice of gameplay that is entirely unrealistic.

The things that really amazed me were No Man's Sky and Rainbow Six: Siege, other than that, there were a lot of games that were either not overly special, or just not my thing. Good show overall.

YES:
No Man's Sky
Sunset Overdrive
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - I don't like Call of Duty, but it looked interesting enough to catch my attention. Well done.
Master Chief Collection - Horrible name, but im a sucker for Halo, okay? And 100 multiplayer maps is a good selling point.
Battlefront 3 - It's purdy
Rainbow Six: Siege - Very impressive, and I am glad the series is back

Meh:
Forza Horizon 2
Project Spark - It is entirely based on how much freedom it gives you.
Fable Legends
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Crackdown
Witcher 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Would have liked some actual gameplay, aside from a very small, not even full battle with a dragon.
The Division - I don't trust it
Assassin's Creed 4 - I don't trust it
Far Cry 4 - The lack of green is disappointing
Dead Island 2
Batman: Arkham Knight
Destiny - I love Bungie, but it looks super bland.
Battlefield: Hardline - Looked okay. Played the beta. Disappointed.

Nope:
Sims 4
Scalebound
The constant fight for who can have more timed exclusives.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked