Let's talk E3!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Vault101:

Dreadman75:

Batman Arkham Knight looks incredible (Like that's a shock.) But I do have to wonder how they'll keep people from going all GTA in the Batmobile. Batman doesn't kill after all...

Driver:sanfransisco had a thing where you just can't hit people because they jump out the way

If you listen to the bit of gameplay, Oracle says the vehicles are unmanned so it's ok for Bats to blow every them up. My guess is that the game simply won't let you shoot an actual person. What's Batman's stance on rubber bullets?

All those trailers with no gameplay. Terrible.

At least Far Cry 4 looked decent.

Dead Island 2's trailer is probably better than the finished game will be.

LaoJim:

If you listen to the bit of gameplay, Oracle says the vehicles are unmanned so it's ok for Bats to blow every them up. My guess is that the game simply won't let you shoot an actual person. What's Batman's stance on rubber bullets?

I reckon theres a good chance he'd be all for them

he doesn't kill people but I don't think he has anything against inconveniencing/hurting them

My take on the conferences: (Sorry for the book) :)

MS: I felt MS played it very safe. They didn't do anything but games, I got the impression that they were avoiding saying anything that would make it seem that they were anything but a game machine. Two things stood out about this they never actually mentioned the Kinect by name and never once mentioned the "Cloud", instead calling it XBox Live. Their pacing was very good, it flowed nicely, unlike Sony's which ebbed and flowed. To me the games weren't all that spectacular. They really didn't show much of anything that if you weren't going to buy a One already, that would make you say I got to go and buy one, certainly not anytime soon. Sunset Overdrive looked interesting, although I am very surprised that no one seems to have mentioned it, but to me it screamed like a new generation, re-skinned version of Ratchet and Clank. Except for shooting from the rails and going back and forth, a lot of the mechanics seemed very similar. Not that it's a bad thing. I personally will be keeping an eye on Scalebound, but without knowing too much about it right now it's hard to get too excited. Overall I think their presentation was a solid one, but not an overly exciting one, unless you were specifically looking forward to the games mentioned and/or already an owner or planned to get a Xbox One in the near Future.

EA: EA tried to be different in that instead of just confirming that certain games exist they had developer diaries about said games. The problem is that the diaries while nice didn't give much information, if any at all. They would have been better served just by having the CEO or whomever confirm the list of games that were in production. It seems though that if they didn't do the diaries the presentation would have taken maybe 15-20 minutes and with most of their games being shown at MS or Sony's conferences there wouldn't have been much of a reason to have one. I will say that while we'll see how it truly turns out the new CEO seemed like he did want to make "better" games, but with EA being such a "company" we'll just have to see how it turns out for him. EA probably would have been better served just releasing trailers instead of having a full fledged conference.

Ubisoft: I didn't see their conference, so I can't give my thoughts.

Sony: Sony has never completely learned that the conference is more of a hype machine than an actual business presentation. So as I said before the pacing was very uneven and them including certain things (i.e. the Powers show) in the actual presentation seemed out of place. It would have been one thing if they had 5 or so shows or movies that will premiere on PSN, but it was only one, so it was very out of place. They could of easily held that out and issued a press release for it. I was also disappointed that the PS3 and especially the PSVita didn't really get any airtime on games. They could have at leazt made a sizzle reel with games that are coming out for the respective systems, especially since they did one for Free to Play games (with the hilarious caveat that some features might require a fee). I don't really know why they even mentioned Project Morpheus at this point, it isn't like it will be released anytime soon. From my perspective, when they were talking about the PS camera and how "successful" it was, I really thought they were going to announce that it would be included in the PS4 going forward, but they didn't. As for games, there were a couple of reveals, like LBP3, although I wouldn't think that nobody knew is wasn't coming eventually. Some might feel differently, but I liked that the demonstration fro LBP3 had mistakes and such. It made it feel very unscripted and you could tell that they were actually playing the game. Too many time to me, when they have gameplay demos I sometimes think that the people they have standing with the controller are just that, standing with the controller and we are all just watching a film of a runthrough, too many look too perfect, maybe that is just me. Gamewise nothing blew me away, No Man's Sky looks interesting, but I'll need to see if it is anything more than just flying around from place to place. Uncharted is, well, Uncharted, but the visuals... Overall, I think Sony had newer stuff to show, but the inclusion of some items and the general pacing of the show really dragged it down. As with MS, I don't think Sony really showed anything that would warrant people to say I need to go and buy a PS4, if you weren't already inclined to do so.

Conclusion: I think both MS and Sony's shows were about even this year, nobody "won" so to speak. However for different reasons. Most of what MS showed was either known or multi-platform, but they showed it in a coherent and more interesting manner. Whereas, Sony is pretty much the opposite, they seemed to have more pop as for what they were showing, but how and when, during the show, they showed these items left something be desired. Overall, it was a pretty unsurprising and, I guess, meh E3 so far.

Time to see if Nintendo can reveal the massive game that nobody saw coming that's been lacking from the other conferences. Only fifty minutes to go guys, get hype.

ToastiestZombie:
Time to see if Nintendo can reveal the massive game that nobody saw coming that's been lacking from the other conferences. Only fifty minutes to go guys, get hype.

Yup yup! I always like Nintendo's conferences, despite them usually being really cheesy lol.
I'd love a new Metroid, personally. I guess we'll see!

Edit: Deadmau5 confirmed Smash Brothers character.

It's on, get hyped!

Weaver:

ToastiestZombie:

Yup yup! I always like Nintendo's conferences, despite them usually being really cheesy lol.
I'd love a new Metroid, personally. I guess we'll see!

Your first statement I agree with and your second statement I'd be a martyr for.
But nay, we can but dream and hope.

Edit: So... That opening eh guys...

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING AWESOME?!?!
I don't know what happened to Nintendo's marketing but this is great.

edit: okay it got cheesy a bit, whew.

I don't want these amiibo skylander thingies.
I don't fully understand, but if this unbalances the game drastically that's kind of bad.

They do have a huge advantage in presentation since all of it is pre-recorded and nicely edited. Its hard to make your product look bad when its shown like that.

EDIT: Nintendo really needs to tone down the fucking bloom.

EDIT 2: You see those mountains? You can climb them.

ARKHAM FUCKING KNIGHT!

Need I say more? Well... yes, I suppose, or I'll get tagged for low content...

Arkham Knight looks fucking astonishing, especially the Batmobile gameplay.

Small thoughts as they come;
SSB on 3ds looks fucking amazing.
Wii version with figure thing makes me happy as I'd have loved it as a kid.
Love how Nintendo embraces memes like "my body is ready" and the new Luigi death stare.
I really want to play this Yoshi game, it's so cute and fluffy and actually looks like so much fun.
CAPTAIN TOAD! Throwing all those radishes.

josemlopes:

EDIT: Nintendo really needs to tone down the fucking bloom.

Sadly they never will. They fell in love with the damn thing back in the Wii era mainly, and haven't toned it down since. They love bloom like J.J Abrams loves lens-flare unfortunately. :/

Oh God yes Bayonetta 2.
I want it so bad.

I think Zelda looks great, but it was just a pre-render.

Weaver:
Oh God yes Bayonetta 2.
I want it so bad.

I think Zelda looks great, but it was just a pre-render.

It seemed very in-engine to me but the second part on the bridge didnt looked all that good

KIRBY CANVAS 2!!! KIRBY CANVAS 2!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

So far so good, lot's of cool stuff coming this year, makes me wish i had a WiiU. Was the Kirby game for WiiU?

Now for something completely Japanese: Xenoblade!

Mr.Mattress:
KIRBY CANVAS 2!!! KIRBY CANVAS 2!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Now I find this one weird...we killed Drawcina dammit, down to the soul. So who's gonna be causing it now? Did Drawcina have a 3rd sister we didn't know about?
(if you don't know, the English version of Triple Deluxe alludes to Paintra being Drawcina's sister, but the Japanese version flat out says they are sisters)

ALRIGHT PACK IT UP LADS E3'S OVER. EVERYONE GO HOME. Nintendo wins.

Man X is looking like the sickest shit. Wait, Xenoblade Chronicles?

EDITS: Ok it's Xenoblade Chronicles X. That's not confusing at all, nope.

Hey look, a New Nintendo IP... And it's a Shooter...

Involving Squid People?!

I'm sold!

They really dont know how shooters usually work

"With real bullets you cant see the bullets traveling but with ink you can"

A lot of games use tracers to show the bullets travel.

That instant jump to the teammate looks OP as fuck too for a game about territory control.

There are some cool ideas there but some others of them seem to fuck up the rest.

Skyrim crossed with Zelda, I like it. Let's see what you can do.
No new megas for Pokemon and the trailer looked the same as X&Y down to catching Pikachu.
Mario maker looks cool, taking a note from Little Big Planet.
This ink game looks really fun but I worry about a lack of couch co-op.

No Metroid.

Holy mother freaking crap that anime scene was fucking fantastic.

No Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Sad.
New Squid Shooter actually looks really, really fun.
And holy fuck Kid Icarus has abysmal voice acting.

Okay, Nintendo pretty much killed it, they are now "winners" for me.

So in order: 1. Ninty 2. MS 3. Sony 4. Ubisoft 5. EA

Good E3 for the most part. Personal favourite is Platinum's Xbox exclusive.

The only thing I was wondering is if Sony intended to keep charging for online play with the ps4...which they do

Super excited about Zelda of course. Admittedly, I hope they don't go down too much of a steam punk road, what with that mechanical arrow and all.

I am a bit more pleased with Amiibo after watching the short video with Bill Trinen. It seems like they want to make the figures accompany the game rather than make it necessary like I was worried about.

Also, Miyamoto teasing Star Fox U at the very end? Ohhhhh Yeeeeaaaaahhh! :D

tf2godz:

karma9308:
Did they show anything on mass effect? My stream literally crashed when the mass effect music started.

Its just bioware talking about how they're make a new one, that was it.

It was basically a PR video. Nothing but talking faces trying to convince us that they still got that story "magic"...you know...after that ME3 ending.

So Nintendo just nailed it.
They really know how to run a show.
Now we've got live demo's being streamed later too.
Damn Nintendo, you're like a gentle lover slowly caressing my gamer gland.

Nintendo... here, just fucking take my wallet.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I saw a presentation and saw nothing I DIDN'T want. Every single game they mentioned I will buy (except maybe Mario Maker). Hell, new IPs are usually the hardest to sell but Splatoon looked freaking amazing - and I don't even like online battle arenas!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm SO glad they seem to be bundling Bayonetta in with Bayonetta 2 for all those people like me that never played it last gen. God... ok, for all you people working at Nintendo I'm offering free blow jobs. Just swing by whenever.

...........Aaaaaaaand Nintendo won in a landslide. Seriously, you can't win against a new Zelda teaser, a new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer, a new Bayonetta 2 trailer that ALSO reveals it'll come with the first game with bonuses, Yoshi's Woolly World, a release date for 3DS Smash Bros. as well as confirming Palutena, Miis, AND NFC, new Hyrule Warriors info (yes, Zelda AND Midna, which means Link is outnumbered 3 to 1 on the playable side), and Captain Toad. Oh, and a shooter with SQUID PEOPLE. SOLD. Good times. And there's more to come, especially if that leaked Time article turns out to be true.

The new Zelda indeed looks awesome I canīt wait for that shit. Also that shooter looks very interresting, I realy hope you can disable gyro controls though. The ink mechanic seems like a ton of fun to screw over you opponents or draw huge dicks onto theyr territorys.

Aiddon:
And there's more to come, especially if that leaked Time article turns out to be true.

Did you see the end of the conference? It had Miyamoto clearly playing the new Star Fox game and he's going to be showing it later.

OT: Zelda looks absolutely amazing and I'm so glad they aren't going for a realistic style that would have been outdated in a few years.

Also, I really liked the Robot Chicken sketches.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked