So E3 from the big three was a massive....meh!

Not one single wow moment from anyone. Has console gaming peaked? Is this all we can expect for the next 5 years. A massive anti-climax form all three.

Or am I wrong?

I'm not sure which E3 you've been watching. I've had to change my underwear several times already.

A better question would be "When has E3 ever been an exciting event?"

Besides 2013 which was just a once in a generation event.

I don't know, I've seen a few things on All Games Beta and I'm already impressed, and I tend not to give a shit about E3. Why is everyone so damn cynical these days?

Really? The general consensus seems to be a very close tie between Nintendo and Sony winning E3, with Microsoft being okay to dull, and EA and Ubisoft being utter shit.

Evonisia:
A better question would be "When has E3 ever been an exciting event?"

Besides 2013 which was just a once in a generation event.

This so much this. Call me cynical but, what is the point of this event again? So companies can circle jerk , hype up people for upcoming games that look superior at E3, then be disappointed when the game comes out ? *cough*watchdogs*cough.

Really? Where you watching the same E3 I was? I mean, Sony had freaking Grim Fandango. Grim. Fandango. Like seriously, that's a massive win right there in my book.

Maeshone:
Really? Where you watching the same E3 I was? I mean, Sony had freaking Grim Fandango. Grim. Fandango. Like seriously, that's a massive win right there in my book.

Great game but its a rehash, Microsoft biggest game? Halo 1-4? you think thats a win??

Zero AAA originality and Zero newness, its up to VR to save the day now.

Fonejackerjon:

Maeshone:

Great game but its a rehash, Microsoft biggest game? Halo 1-4? you think thats a win??

Zero AAA originality and Zero newness, its up to VR to save the day now.

Nah, I didn't enjoy MS briefing very much. I found plenty of things to be excited for in Sonys though, with The Order 1886, Second Son standalone DLC, Grim Fandango, Abz, No Man's Sky, Mortal Kombat X, Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4.

It could have been better if they didnt leaked out a shit load of content before E3, Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed for example (we already knew an Assassins Creed would be coming but at least the presentation would have suprised us more with its setting).

Overall the only thing I can fault about Microsoft's presentation was that they should have shown gameplay for every new game presented. I dont have a clue about what that dragon game is about and how it is played, and what about Crackdown, for some reason it made a huge deal about destructive enviorments but will they be present in the game as a gameplay mechanic?

They really left us hanging with games that can be either amazing or complete shit. Cool to know they are coming, I guess.

EA presentation was the worse since with the exception of Dragon Age and Battlefield they really didnt showed anything that wasnt sports (that closed doors stuff is shit since they only show about 4 seconds of "alpha" gameplay and the rest is just devs walking around smilling saying how gratifying it is to work on that game).

Sony was ok but it was way too long, was E3 the right place to talk about the Powers TV stuff? Add to that the fact that a lot of its stuff is multiplat yet it was presented almost as exclusive (you will be able to transfer your GTA Online profile to any other platform, not just the PS4, the PC even has the video editor that IV had), Grim Fandango seems to be going for other systems too.

The Order 1886 also seemed to be the absolute movie game since it showed less gameplay then those 5 seconds of gameplay we saw a few months ago.

Nintendo was simply more Nintendo, if you are into it then it was great, if you arent it wont change your mind.

I Liked the Dead Island 2 info, that plus Dying light could make for a double zombie bonus for me :)

That said, E3 is a giant fallacy (or perhaps Phalluscy) of ambition. The demo of Far Cry 4 was preceded by a PS4 logo, and the footage of the gameworld looked amazing. Can we be sure that this was an accurate depiction of PS4 gameplay?

The Order 1886 is something I've looked forward to playing since I first saw the trailer, can the delay have anything to do with the feedback about the lack of amazement following current next gen releases?

8gb DDR5 is a huge step up from 512mb shared memory, by some order of magnitude. Can E3 at least give gamers an accurate idea of what they might be playing?

I will buy a current gen console peeps, I just need a valid reason to do so.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked