for the first year im not fussed about E3

Most years I usually follow E3 or just watch the highlights on here or IGN. This year however I didnt even know it was E3 until today. I guess its because ive been busy with work, im not interested in a next gen money pit and theres just no titles getting me excited.

Ive still go loads to do on Gran Turismo 6, the last of us, hitman absolution and then theres the hours of GTA5 dicking about that are still to be had. So im not really bothered about future games

Is it just me or are most of you not very excited about anything (particularly wasting money on a next gen box)?

I bought a ps4, and to be honest i don't really care about E3. I think it's a waste of time and money, for publicity of things that won't even be out for another year or two. It's bassically a buch of companies patting themselves on the back while trying to hype audiences with false promises and speeches.

Frankly, I'm trying to remember the last time I cared about E3. Between schedule slip and fake trailer that tell you nothing about the game itself, I try not to think too much about games until they release and the reviews of the games are out. Everything else is advertising and speculation.

I just look up the trailers a couple of weeks after the fact. Type "trailer e3 2014" into Youtube and I'm all set.

Don't care for all the pageantry that surrounds it.

The presentations are just cringe inducing. Some guy, who may or may not have any public speaking skills, spouting a parade of buzzwords into a microphone. Shut up you fucking clown and just show me the trailer/gameplay preview.

TopazFusion:
To be honest, I've never cared about E3, ever.

While it's nice to know what games are coming up, there really is no point in getting too excited about them, as many games go through countless edits and changes from how they're showcased at E3. Everything from bullshots, to trailers that in no way represent the actual game they're about.

I agree, too. I don't think it's cynical, I just think it's pattern recognition. I don't get why people spend so much time getting hyped based on promises and then angry when they're almost inevitably broken.

Hmm. Maybe that is cynicism.

And so says everyone else ever year. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it, especially when I heard nothing was being said on Final Fantasy XV. But, I've been pleasantly surprised by somethings such as, Final Fantasy Type-0 coming out in English, The Master Chief Collection being two examples in particular that I'm excited about. Another reason E3 isn't that exciting for me is that I'd have to get up at 4 in the morning to see the beginning of the live broadcasts...

I just got Star Fox 3DS yesterday and was pleasantly surprised a new one be announced for the Wii U.

Looks like I'm going to be buying an Xbox one for Halo as well. I'll probably get a PS4 just for Uncharted 4 alone.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked