JonTron insults Platstation Now, Tumblr has a shit fit *UPDATE*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

This is part one of the internet drama shit show going on currently, the other is the doxxxing scandal. As you all know, I love finding interesting stories to do news posts on before anyone else does.

JonTron kicked the bee's hive when he called Playstation Now retarded due to the insane prices it asks for only 4 hours of gameplay.

Tumblr (and some Sony fans thinking he called them retarded by proxy of insulting Playstation) blew up at him, asking for an apology for calling it "retarded." Obviously he rustled their feels pretty bad, because now all of Tumblr is up in arms against JonTron.

He said that there are more important injustices to worry about than his twitter complaint, like the children killed in the crossfire of the israeli offensive in Gaza. He said he won't apologize for something so trivial, and that people should fight real injustice in the real world rather than chase down comedians.

Then people blew up at him again for mentioning the children killed because they are offended of him using them as an example to justify his "prejudice." Jontron said he never meant it like that, he meant that he is a comedian and its all an act. They are complaining about something fictional and that the real world needs help fighting injustice.

TLDR: JonTron said a tumblr no no word. Tumblr has a shit fit of biblical proportions. JonTron says its all a comedic act, and that the real world has real world issues they should care about. People blow up at him again for using real world problems as an example. JonTron apologized if people misread his statement. Some Sony fans are also offended because they think insulting Sony is insulting Sony fans too by proxy.

So what do you think Escapist? Do you side with JonTron or Tumblr? Did Tumblr lose control of their feels?

I saw this coming a mile away, as JonTron stated on twitter he is giving up on next gen consoles. People were pissed about that too.

Either way, Reddit is too busy laughing at Tumblr drama so Reddit in on it too with arguments on both sides.

TumblrInAction is screencapping everything for the laughs.

PCMasterRace is claiming victory over tumblr peasantry, joking around that the PS4 is retarded because it can't do 1080p 60 fps and the Xbone is a Titan-kin.

Its a shit show everywhere else, I think cringepics is even covering this. This really blew up.

Internet drama has reached a new high not seen since 4chan's war on Tumblr.

UPDATE 1: TotalBiscuit has a few choice words about the matter.
http://n.twitlonger.com/show/nfad42

Totalbiscuit:

Some people got offended that @jontronshow called the PS4 retarded when that would be the accurate, literal definition of it as a console, "delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.". Oh no, somebody please save us from our own ignorance of the English language and the offense we ourselves take as a result!

If you want to see the anger for yourself, here:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/%23jontron

I don't have a problem with someone using the word 'retarded' to discribe something that is retarded. But to then turn on someone who calmly states that they find it offensive and say "I'm sorry I forgot you were retarded, my bad" is being schoolyard dick. And then hide behind kids getting killed in Gaza. Oy...

Not that I don't enjoy people making an ass of themselves on twitter.

*Sigh* I side with JonTron. He's being a bit of a jerk (As Casual Shinji said, his response was pretty stupid), but really, this is such a ridiculous thing to get up in arms about. I get the feeling that JonTron's just fed up with the social justice scene in general... also, eugh, Tumblr. Something seriously, egregiously bad would have to happen for me to side with Tumblr. God I hate that site. Don't ask me why I keep going back, I don't even know why myself.

...Though, on an only vaguely related note, I didn't even know that Tumblr was aware of JonTron's existence. Huh.

Given how polite the first reply asking him not to use the word that way was....and his reply to it. I see this less as a social justice issue and more and him being a total dick.

Yeah Jontron's response comes off as dickish, and casts him as kind of an asshole, the original response wasn't even calling him out or insulting, and he fired back with the personal attacks first. The whole thing after that is the typical internet exercise in hyperbole and overreaction, with a lot of people far less reasonable than the original responder.

Jontron's followup remarks were the same categorical fallacy operating on the assumption that anyone who posts about a minor offense must in turn not care, or be ignoring the larger problems of the world. It's a dumb arguement, it never works, and Jontron shouldn't have used it, but the controversy is still kind of petty and stupid even if Jontron didn't argue his case in a convincing manner.

As for the content itself, retarded can be a hurtful word for people with mental disabilities, but banning it from conversation outright seems a little extreme, the argument for it likens the word to racial or homophobic slurs, but I'm not convinced the word is specific enough to make it automatically connected to actual mental retardation the same way racial slurs are automatically linked to the race being talked about.

As a final point though, what does tumblr have to do with any of this, this looks like Twitter posters were the ones with the problem, are we seriously just turning Tumblr into a catchall scapegoat for any time a controversy happens on the internet or is there a connection I'm missing here?

I can't believe people still care what tumblr thinks.

Still, JonTron's response was totally dickish. Not even in a funny way either, it wasn't clever it was just juvenile. It's like he really wants to be Tosh but can't quite make it work.

EternallyBored:

As a final point though, what does tumblr have to do with any of this, this looks like Twitter posters were the ones with the problem, are we seriously just turning Tumblr into a catchall scapegoat for any time a controversy happens on the internet or is there a connection I'm missing here?

Tumblr is just a very reactionary and hypocritical place. It is full of people who want a "safe place" on the internet where they can exist in a vacuum, going on about issues such as feminism, misogyny, mental illness, LGBT issues, education etc. without any outside criticism. They stand for being a moral high ground compared to everyone else and among the most enlightened of thinkers. It's essentially a big echo room of stupid ideas and opinions.

However the fact is they are just as bad as the people they are supposedly fighting against. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who called PSN retarded was generalised as "white male cis scum", Tumblr's favourite insult.

EternallyBored:
Yeah Jontron's response comes off as dickish, and casts him as kind of an asshole, the original response wasn't even calling him out or insulting, and he fired back with the personal attacks first. The whole thing after that is the typical internet exercise in hyperbole and overreaction, with a lot of people far less reasonable than the original responder.

Jontron's followup remarks were the same categorical fallacy operating on the assumption that anyone who posts about a minor offense must in turn not care, or be ignoring the larger problems of the world. It's a dumb arguement, it never works, and Jontron shouldn't have used it, but the controversy is still kind of petty and stupid even if Jontron didn't argue his case in a convincing manner.

As for the content itself, retarded can be a hurtful word for people with mental disabilities, but banning it from conversation outright seems a little extreme, the argument for it likens the word to racial or homophobic slurs, but I'm not convinced the word is specific enough to make it automatically connected to actual mental retardation the same way racial slurs are automatically linked to the race being talked about.

I put all the twitter posts on there, clear as day. Tumblr users are on Twitter too. He knew it was tumblr because of the words they used to insult him. No one else uses words like ableist, Cisgender, etc.

JonTron said it was Tumblr that had most of the outrage. Tumblr is well known for scouring sites to be angry about, even if the site is satire or fake.

endtherapture:

Tumblr is just a very reactionary and hypocritical place. It is full of people who want a "safe place" on the internet where they can exist in a vacuum, going on about issues such as feminism, misogyny, mental illness, LGBT issues, education etc. without any outside criticism. They stand for being a moral high ground compared to everyone else and among the most enlightened of thinkers. It's essentially a big echo room of stupid ideas and opinions.

Switch out the issues, and you just described The Escapist. Or at least parts of it.

Which is my point. Each community has its extreme members, and its unattractive side, whats with the 'tumblr is the worst thing on the internet' fad around here? Projecting?

Elijin:

endtherapture:

Switch out the issues, and you just described The Escapist. Or at least parts of it.

Which is my point. Each community has its extreme members, and its unattractive side, whats with the 'tumblr is the worst thing on the internet' fad around here? Projecting?

I agree with you that The Escapist can be pretty bad sometimes but most of the time we're just a bunch of people talking about video games and I personally dislike the social justice angle this site has taken recently, but Tumblr is a whole different fish. The Escapist is slightly more self aware, Tumblr is just full on hypocritical, incapable of any critical thought or other viewpoints, and it is seemingly pervasive across a huge portion of the website.

I saw on it some gif caps of a funny video which was basically a guy being like "If you're an ugly girl, at least you've got make up, us guys are fucked haha xD " just in a joking manner. The comment below the gifs were a cesspit of shit implying this "cis white scum" had personally set up "the patriarchy" by himself and that it was his fauly that make up is feminised. Or some shit like that.

Argue against it and you will just get stained, I like to think this site has a bit more self awareness and critical thought than Tumblr.

endtherapture:

I agree with you that The Escapist can be pretty bad sometimes but most of the time we're just a bunch of people talking about video games and I personally dislike the social justice angle this site has taken recently, but Tumblr is a whole different fish. The Escapist is slightly more self aware, Tumblr is just full on hypocritical, incapable of any critical thought or other viewpoints, and it is seemingly pervasive across a huge portion of the website.

I saw on it some gif caps of a funny video which was basically a guy being like "If you're an ugly girl, at least you've got make up, us guys are fucked haha xD " just in a joking manner. The comment below the gifs were a cesspit of shit implying this "cis white scum" had personally set up "the patriarchy" by himself and that it was his fauly that make up is feminised. Or some shit like that.

Argue against it and you will just get stained, I like to think this site has a bit more self awareness and critical thought than Tumblr.

I imagine tumbr thinks its more self aware and critical thinking too.

I see a lot of negative generalisations thrown around by people who have seen this or that, but almost every actual tumblr user I've encountered on The Escapist says the same thing: You get out of it what you choose to, as its a system which displays content entirely based on what you choose to follow.

I use Tumblr, as do a bunch of my friends (Which is more or less why I use it.) All I see are art blogs, videogame gifs, tattoo enthusiasts and the odd TV and movie joke.

If you go there looking for negative examples, you'll find negative examples. It doesn't mean that's all it is, or it's pervasive across the website.

Elijin:

I see a lot of negative generalisations thrown around by people who have seen this or that, but almost every actual tumblr user I've encountered on The Escapist says the same thing: You get out of it what you choose to, as its a system which displays content entirely based on what you choose to follow.

I use Tumblr, as do a bunch of my friends (Which is more or less why I use it.) All I see are art blogs, videogame gifs, tattoo enthusiasts and the odd TV and movie joke.

If you go there looking for negative examples, you'll find negative examples. It doesn't mean that's all it is, or it's pervasive across the website.

Debate and critical thinking is encouraged on the Escapist. Everyone has a different opinion on something - Anita Serkeesian for instance- some people hate her on here, some people love her.

On Tumblr, her opinions would be reblogged and simply greeted with a series of comments such as "This" "This is important" "Fight the patriarchy" "Anita is standing up for our rights as women!". Any negative comments are shut down by calls of "Cis white scum". It's a "safe place" where opinions opposing the majority are shut down. A lot of people on there seem to be living life in a pathetic little vacuum where no one can say mean things apart from if you're against white men, or right-wing people, or something.

I use Tumblr, mainly to reblog pictures of Taylor Swift and follow some friends and just look at stuff when I am bored. However eventually I know I'll have to unfollow a blog I like because it will start spouting some ill-informed social justice opinions that I don't care about and make no logical sense. Take that shooting at the frat house earlier in the year - according to Tumblr, misogyny was the SOLE cause of the shooting. Nothing else. That really pissed me off.

Elijin:

endtherapture:

It is mostly art, photography, and fandom blogs, people have crunched the numbers, and the vast majority of the site has dick all to do with the things being talked about in this thread. It's sites like the TumblrinAction subreddit that purposely hunt down and drag up every little tidbit they can find that manage to distort the public perception of the website into something it isn't, nobody I know who uses Tumblr has ever run accross any of these "SJW" nitwits that everyone keeps screaming are taking over the website.

The OP only provides an oblique reference to the website through Twitter, and the rest of the links are entirely on Twitter, yet the title of the thread only references Tumblr. From the actual content of the post, a more accurate title would have been: "JonTron insults Playstation Now, Twitter has a shit fit (and some of them are probably bitching on their Tumblr blogs too)".

EternallyBored:

Elijin:

endtherapture:

It is mostly art, photography, and fandom blogs, people have crunched the numbers, and the vast majority of the site has dick all to do with the things being talked about in this thread. It's sites like the TumblrinAction subreddit that purposely hunt down and drag up every little tidbit they can find that manage to distort the public perception of the website into something it isn't, nobody I know who uses Tumblr has ever run accross any of these "SJW" nitwits that everyone keeps screaming are taking over the website.

The OP only provides an oblique reference to the website through Twitter, and the rest of the links are entirely on Twitter, yet the title of the thread only references Tumblr. From the actual content of the post, a more accurate title would have been: "JonTron insults Playstation Now, Twitter has a shit fit (and some of them are probably bitching on their Tumblr blogs too)".

The tweet was made right after his retard comment. He directly blames Tumblr, and tumblr is the place where most of the outrage is.

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/496044905652060160

Look at it again. The fact is this is tumblr having the shit fit. People are allowed to have more than one social media outlet.

Jontron says most of his hatemail is from Tumblr. Most of the arguing is on Tumblr. Therefore, tumblr is having a shit fit. Everywhere else is just laughing at Tumblr, especially Reddit where the 2nd largest coverage of this is.

EDIT: Got the wrong link. Picture was what Tumblr thought of gamers after JonTron's stunt. Got the right tweet now.

Ultratwinkie:

The tweet was made right after his retard comment. He directly blames Tumblr, and tumblr is the place where most of the outrage is.

Look at it again. The fact is this is tumblr having the shit fit. People are allowed to have more than one social media outlet.

Jontron says most of his hatemail is from Tumblr. Therefore, tumblr is having a shit fit.

EDIT: Got the wrong link. Picture was what Tumblr thought of gamers. Got the right tweet now.

Is linking hyperbole a credible source these days? Because all you did was link the person who is obviously basking in the controversy, further stirring that controversy.

Its like Eternally said, the activity happened on twitter. Twitter had a little explosion. Maybe Tumblr did too, but other than finger pointing, you havent shown that in this topic.

All that said, I'm well aware of your past posting history, and its clear how you see Tumblr, and wish others to see it. So trying to respond with reasonable points is a touch of futility.

And as I originally posted...Someone politely asked him not to use the word like that, as it might offend, and he responded in a dickish fashion, lashing out like a child.

The real story here, is how much JonTron is just trying to be a dick for the sake of it, and generate activity and notoriety for himself.

Elijin:

Ultratwinkie:

Jontron says most of his hatemail is from Tumblr. Therefore, tumblr is having a shit fit.

EDIT: Got the wrong link. Picture was what Tumblr thought of gamers. Got the right tweet now.

Is linking hyperbole a credible source these days? Because all you did was link the person who is obviously basking in the controversy, further stirring that controversy.

Its like Eternally said, the activity happened on twitter. Twitter had a little explosion. Maybe Tumblr did too, but other than finger pointing, you havent shown that in this topic.

All that said, I'm well aware of your past posting history, and its clear how you see Tumblr, and wish others to see it. So trying to respond with reasonable points is a touch of futility.

And as I originally posted...Someone politely asked him not to use the word like that, as it might offend, and he responded in a dickish fashion, lashing out like a child.

The real story here, is how much JonTron is just trying to be a dick for the sake of it, and generate activity and notoriety for himself.

Oh great so now its a great conspiracy against Tumblr.

It isn't. I find internet drama just like I find political drama. It creates interesting threads, and I focus mostly on news. The majority of all my threads were news related.

If Tumblr wasn't the one having a shit fit, JonTron wouldn't have mentioned it. Since he did mention it that most of the hate mail came from there, I said it was Tumblr.

If the Escapist had a shit fit, and the site tends to every so often, I'd still say it was the Escapist. I wouldn't try to change names and say "it was the sony fanboys" or the "gamers." The Escapist community is having a shit fit. Anything else would imply its a bigger thing than it already is. It would imply all gamers are having a shit fit.

The fact of the matter is the shit fit is localized in one area, and everywhere else treats it as a joke. Only on Tumblr is it treated with any sort of seriousness.

If I were to smear Tumblr, I wouldn't even be asking if JonTron was right. I wouldn't even need to make a thread at all since Tumblr is doing just fine on its own. Its like trying to smear Electronic Arts or Ubisoft, the reputation is already tarnished.

And I checked the twitter trends, JonTron isn't trending at all. Twitter didn't give a shit.

So its claiming conspiracy to point out that other than the person who is benefiting from this storm in a teacup accusing tumblr, there is no credible evidence that its specifically tumblr, on this twitter based fallout?

Okay.

Elijin:
So its claiming conspiracy to point out that other than the person who is benefiting from this storm in a teacup accusing tumblr, there is no credible evidence that its specifically tumblr, on this twitter based fallout?

Okay.

JonTron isn't trending on twitter. Its not even on the radar screen. Twitter doesn't care.

Only on Tumblr is it covered. JonTron points to it specifically. You can call it a conspiracy by JonTron to smear tumblr all you want but the fact of the matter is Tumblr is the only place that gives a shit at all. Not even Twitter cared.

You are the one that brought up bias and conspiracies first. In fact, you said Escapists were projecting. You even went on about how the Escapist is just as bad and how Tumblr was unfairly criticized.

If a community has a shit fit, just say its that community. Because saying its another, much bigger and much more vague community implies much more people know about it.

JonTron is only known to gamers, and gamers make a small minority of twitter. Its Tumblr that caters to fandoms.

Actually I just think its JonTron being a dick, then riding that wave because edgy offensive humour is fairly well received on the internet. I dont think any community is involved at a large scale, which is kind of what I suspect to be the motivator. He made some comments, then realised he could ride the fallout to reach audiences he didnt previous have. Hence laying it on the feet of the current easy target.

Im just pointing out that your logic, of you point at the community/medium involved, makes no sense when you've pointed at a bunch of twitter links and screen caps, then said it was tumblr.

I'm not a big fan of the word 'retard' but the fact that this became a thing at all really demonstrates how much of a problem the social justice warrior-brigading can be, they really work hard to ruin someone's reputation based on people being seemingly endless types of 'ists'

Elijin:
Actually I just think its JonTron being a dick, then riding that wave because edgy offensive humour is fairly well received on the internet. I dont think any community is involved at a large scale, which is kind of what I suspect to be the motivator. He made some comments, then realised he could ride the fallout to reach audiences he didnt previous have. Hence laying it on the feet of the current easy target.

Im just pointing out that your logic, of you point at the community/medium involved, makes no sense when you've pointed at a bunch of twitter links and screen caps, then said it was tumblr.

And you are right there conjouring up conspiracies again.

Of what he COULD do. Of what COULD happen.

You have no evidence of him using tumblr to market to people. In fact, how do you know Tumblr is famous other than in certain internet circles? How many people go past facebook or Youtube? I still see people who have no idea what Steam, Reddit, oculus rift, ebaumsworld, Kotaku, IGN, or even 4chan is. JonTron is already at a major website owned by google, larger than Tumblr ever will be. He gets runoff from other youtube personalities. In fact, a lot of personalities are interconnected to promote each other. Just like Pewdiepie and everyone else. Its why they form channels like polaris.

He doesn't need to point out Tumblr. People like the /r/ PC master Race would pick it up regardless of it being Tumblr or not. It then spreads to /r/ Gaming in a PC gamer showboat and explodes from there. Just like his statement on consoles did. Tumblr is redundant because all it needs to do is be posted on Reddit.

Then people repost the shit out of it for easy Karma. Reddit a is a prime vector for this. Trashing consoles will get your name spread pretty far.

Jontron did this before when he gave up on consoles entirely, and he didn't need Tumblr for that to explode. You don't need to name drop tumblr to be famous.

As it is, /r/ PCmasterrace doesn't care that he called someone a retard. They cared he called playstation retarded. They want to post on /r/ gaming to gloat (an admin there had an anti-pc power trip so they like to rub it in), and that's a default subreddit. It would have worked regardless.

Ah I see.

So when I post something which is hearsay, we break it down, but when you do it we accept it as the facts of the matter.

I think I get it now.

Elijin:
Ah I see.

So when I post something which is hearsay, we break it down, but when you do it we accept it as the facts of the matter.

I think I get it now.

Jontron has no reason to point to Tumblr. Tumblr is the only one that got offended. Twitter has no signs of caring, and all the tweets regarding retards were in regards to the arsenal game. Reddit is too preoccupied spreading the fact that Jontron, a long time console gamer, was finally broken by next gen consoles.

He doesn't need to namedrop tumblr for his comments to explode. All he had to do was insult consoles or say he was done. It would have worked regardless of Tumblr being there or not because he is an avid console gamer.

Jontron says its tumblr and has told his friends that it was tumblr that has the most problem with him. So therefore I won't second guess whats in his inbox. Its his inbox.

Better yet since you seemingly have access to his inbox how about you provide proof for your multiple conspiracies? After all, you know whats in his inbox better than the guy who owns it.

All I'm seeing here are two people in a hot tub, farting. That's all this is, some noxious gases passed by bottom feeders. Mr. Plod from Noddy and Big Ears wouldn't give this the time of day, and neither should we.

Im just pointing out that neither of us can source anything, yet yours are magically credible and mine are not?

You also seem to have gone out on this 'he dissed tumblr to get the reaction tangent' which is not at all what I implied. He created a shitstorm with his words, and then after the fact, laid it on tumblr's door. Because lets be honest, within the game community, (as evidenced here at Escapist) if you have some kind of issue going on and you just say 'Its tumblr users who are upset.' its not a stretch for them to go 'Oh okay, that means its not a real issue, just their overreactions'

There is a negative element to the tumblr community, and its become a trend to deflate issues people find themselves facing by attributing it to that negative element, and the social justice business.

Ultratwinkie, you magnificent provider of internet drama, have a cookie my good man, i had a great chuckle out of this

as for tumblr i think this image is worth a thousand words

"On second thought lets not go to Twitter, tis a silly place"

This is stupid heaped upon stupid. Yes someone got hypersensitive about something on Twitter but you don't just call them a "Retard" back, that's childish. He could have just old him to fuck off and cry about it but repeating it in a more crass and accusatory way is deliberately antagonistic and just bad posting.

Can we just chalk this up to a whole heap of Shitposting?

Elijin:
Im just pointing out that neither of us can source anything, yet yours are magically credible and mine are not?

You also seem to have gone out on this 'he dissed tumblr to get the reaction tangent' which is not at all what I implied. He created a shitstorm with his words, and then after the fact, laid it on tumblr's door. Because lets be honest, within the game community, (as evidenced here at Escapist) if you have some kind of issue going on and you just say 'Its tumblr users who are upset.' its not a stretch for them to go 'Oh okay, that means its not a real issue, just their overreactions'

There is a negative element to the tumblr community, and its become a trend to deflate issues people find themselves facing by attributing it to that negative element, and the social justice business.

The Escapist is not the gaming community. Not at all. That's why I don't equate the Escapist with gamers on a global level. That's why I don't say /r/ pcmasterrace and PC gamers are the same. PC gamers cover much more than what that subreddit is. Just like gaming covers more than that Escapist is.

There is a difference between a huge group and a small community. The Escapist is a tiny community of specific people. Those people laugh at tumblr, but they laugh at a lot of things.

That's why I didn't say Twitter. Twitter is really huge, faceless, and the trending list doesn't have Jontron on it. Twitter is talking about Ricky Chat right now. Whoever the hell he is. I had to search for Jontron outrage and nothing really came up, but it did come up on Tumblr. All the searches I did on Reddit for Jontron was basically console war threads.

Nothing else but tumblr came up.

If JonTron says he is getting hate mail from Tumblr, I can't argue against that. Just like I can't say Kim kardashian is faking the death threats she gets over her mobile game. Just like the dev of DepressionQuest got threatened because "women don't understand depression."

We haven't seen the death threats she got, but that doesn't mean its automatically a marketing stunt or how they aren't from gamers. We can only comment on what we see and what people are saying. I covered what I could find, and what I found were people pointing to Tumblr.

Still, at its core, a guy was an asshat. He used the word retarded, someone politely asked him not to. He in turn, called that person retarded.

Everything past that is white noise.

In Jontron's defense, I can imagine him, like most people are pretty damn fed up with the perma-butthurt, PC brigade that infests Tumblr in every nook, cranny, and orifice, where an opposing view shall never be mentioned, for fear of being called a straight white dude, even when you're not. Tumblr is about as fascist as sites go, it's pretty understandable if people aren't going to listen to the prime cause of said fascism. For all the bullcrap the pyschos spew about being "NO RASICSM, SEXISM, BLAHBLAHBLAH!!" they tend to spew THE MOST racist, sexist, offensive, downright insulting horsecrap I have ever seen.

Let's be honest here, even speaking as a Sony fanboy; PS Now is terribad, those prices NEED to be decreased and most games on the service are previous iterations of better games already available to play on a normal PS3. Though JonTron could have picked better words. I never knew that twitter got that hypersensitive (I thought tumblr got bad at points with their SJWs).

So what I'm getting here is that JonTron is an immature asshole. That first response to him is a polite way of asking him to think before he speaks (or in this case Tweets). So he decides to double down on his idiocy by explicitly calling someone a retard. Then after insulting someone else, after getting a barrage of insults back (not the right way to go about things, I might add) from whoever (Twitter, Tumblr, whatever, I couldn't give a shit about that part) he triples down by hiding behind innocent civilians being killed in Gaza, and after being called out on that just goes "Oh, you were reading it wrong".

What a class act.

So my thoughts are that JonTron can go fuck himself, quite frankly. Ditto PCMasterRace from what I've seen over there.

Oh, and if it helps, Tumblr or whoever don't seem to be the only ones throwing insults.

DISCLAIMER: This is coming from someone who has a close family member, who is mentally handicapped. I let the casual use of "retarded" slide, but when you start directly using it as an insult against someone, that's when I have a problem.

Jon's big mistake was continuing to respond after he called the guy retarded (or arguably even responding in the first place.) He clearly thought it was ridiculous that the guy was telling him never to use the word retarded so he mocked him and blew off his criticism. That should have been the end of it. He clearly thinks the whole notion of it is stupid and hypersensitive, and while he never backpedaled on that, he validated the criticism after the fact by trying to justify himself to people who will never see eye to eye with him anyways.

That JonTron guy seems pretty clueless and childish. Who does he think he is (because I have no clue who all these people are)?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked