Your most anticipated game(s) at the moment.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Hello my dear escapists :) ,

Theres some pretty amazing games coming out soon, be it AAA titles or indie titles, theres a bit of something for everyone amongst them. What are the games that you all are anticipating the most at the current time? Note that DLC can easily be included seeing as some DLC really do include a bunch of story and a proper campaign ( For instance TLoU and BL2) and not only weapon/suit packs.

So yes, I guess Ill give it a start. Just maybe write why your anticipating it aswell. Who knows, maybe you'll find a game you havent heard of before and it strikes your fancy.

Witcher 3: After playing the Witcher 2 (and at the moment part 1) I immediatly loved it, the depth in literally almost everything, the story, the environment etc. The...scenes were put in properly in my opinion to be honest. They didnt feel forced or 'hey, your over 18 since you got the game so have fun' but felt like they were really part of the story, to put it properly seeing as Geralt cant have children made him a...magnet I guess Ill say. (hence the reason the attraction women had in the game). I thoroughly enjoy reading through literally everything and the combat is fun, maybe a bit overwhelming at first, but nevertheless fun.

Borderlands Pre-Sequel: What can I say, BL2....thats some of the best money Ive ever spent for a game (Sidenote: I got it for 12 euros on steam in the summer sale). I played/still am playing this with my partner and Im still having a blast. The humor in it strikes gold with me and its just plain fun to play with a friend. Weapons upon Weapons upon Weapons. The one knack I have with this game is theres just 'too much' DLC in my opinion, but the Game of the Year edition with all the side story dlc etc is an excellent deal seeing how much time you have to put in it if you want to beat it 100%. What I really enjoyed about BL2 was that it never felt Ill say...forced to go on and try and 100% it (atleast for me) . I always thoroughly myself in the wacky world of Pandora hence the reason Im very excited for the next step in the franchise.

So Escapists, what are the games your excited to see?

I'm too awaiting for Borderlands The Pre Sequel especially when I had played a demo of it at the MCM Expo. Sure it's more or less the same but with the new mechanic but none the less I loved the sequel and I enjoyed the demo!

Other that that, it would either be Super Smash Bro Brawl, Pokemon Omega Red and Monster Hunter 4.

Shadow of Mordor: The story looks fucking terrible as does the main character, but the combat and nemesis system look to be sellers. The combat looks like Arkham's only with swords. The nemesis system just looks awesome... if it works like they say it will.

Beyond Earth: Civ 5 in space, that's enough for me.

Dragon Age: Inquisition: More Dragon Age, so I'm happy.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Pokemon, explains enough.

Evolve: On the fence about this one. The concept is awesome, but the whole "built for DLC" thing alarms me. I'd wait, but this looks like the type of game that will drop players fast, especially on a console.

In order of least-most anticipation (list subject to change a new information arises)

10. Halo II remastered (sort of, i dont have nor plan to get the Xbone but still)
9. Borderlands The Presequal
8. Beyond Earth
7. Wasteland II
6. Zelda U
5. Super Smash Bros
4. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby
3. Torment Tides of Numenera
2. Pillars of Eternity
1. The Witcher 3!

No Man's Sky.

Only one I can really think of off the top of my head. I'm not sure if I suddenly morphed into an unpleasable grump or if the console transition has brought on a drought.

It doesn't help that my poor long-suffering PC is getting hopelessly out of date and I'm not sure I can justify the price of upgrading.

Metal Gear Solid 5

Ground Zeroes was a massive cocktease in terms of story, but the gameplay showed MGS can finally compete with contemporary action games. It plays like an absolute dream and I can't wait for it to expand to an open-world map... and fulton sheep back to base.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: I'm anticipating this simply to see what Sledgehammer can do. They have no real affiliation with Call of Duty outside of helping on MW3, which in hindsight was likely brought down by IW, and that could be a good thing or a bad thing. The good is if they find ways to bring new ideas that Treyarch and especially IW can't seem to bring, but it could also mean taking the series in a direction that only further upsets long-time fans that have basically been disgruntled with the series since MW2 or Black Ops (depending on the fan) and it could also just mean further stagnation if they play it too safe. Ultimately, I'm anticipating it, but it isn't completely the "can't wait to play!" type of anticipation.

Alien: Isolation: So far, what I've heard of this game has been fantastic, and given the hands-on experiences that some have had just makes it sound like an excellent survival horror game. At the very least, it sounds like it shouldn't be anywhere near the same disappointment as Colonial Marines, and it's sounding like it might even be an incredible game.

Super Smash Bros.: It's my favorite fighting game series and I'm a huge Nintendo fan. There's pretty much nothing that can take away my excitement for this game short of a critical panning on release.

Zelda games: This one should be obvious.

Civilization: Beyond Earth: Civilization is easily my favorite strategy series and possibly my favorite series of games overall. The fact that this one is in space only makes it more appealing.

Persona 4 Ultimax is easily number one after that Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Guilty Gear Xrd tie for second place there are other games im looking forward to but not in the same way. Those mentioned I will get on release other I will likely wait a few months and get them cheap.

Mighty Number 9 and Persona 5.

1. Zelda U - It's more Zelda with a beautiful art style and a supposedly sprawling open world. I'm sold.

2. Smash Bros - Smash is the only multiplayer game I enjoy or stand a competitive chance against friends. This game is worth buying for just the roster update. It's the main reason I picked up a Wii U.

3. No Man's Sky - A beautiful and ambitious game that looks to be the definitive leap from gen 7 to gen 8. That aesthetics alone would have sold me on this one...the fact that this looks to be such a massive and genre defining game is just icing.

4. Hyper Light Drifter - A really interesting looking indie title with a great aesthetic design and gameplay that looks similar to 2D Zelda. Really excited for this one.

5. The Witcher 3 - While I never had the patience to sit through The Witcher 2, there is something about this new title I find really intriguing. The game seems a lot more confident and the focus on monster hunting and adventuring is much more appealing than the political drama of The Witcher 2. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one.

6. Arkham Knight - I skipped Origins so I'm not nearly as burnt out on this series as others and this looks to be the logical step forward from City. It's also a technical marvel.

And while I wouldn't say I'm anticipating them, games like Far Cry 4, Sunset Overdrive, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Shadow of Mordor and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse all look to be quality and entertaining titles in their own right that I'll likely check out following there release (Sunset Overdrive withstanding, as I do not own or have no intention in owning and Xbox One).

Zhukov:
No Man's Sky.

Only one I can really think of off the top of my head. I'm not sure if I suddenly morphed into an unpleasable grump or if the console transition has brought on a drought.

It doesn't help that my poor long-suffering PC is getting hopelessly out of date and I'm not sure I can justify the price of upgrading.

I'm in something of a similar situation, even down to the aging PC.

I mean, I suppose there are games I have interest in; Arkham Knight, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age, Super Smash Bros., Persona, blah blah blah, but I wouldn't really say I'm "anticipating" any of them at this point. I still haven't gotten some of the things that came out this year already which I'm interested in and I have more than enough on my plate as it is, I can't really afford to be getting pumped up for future releases.

Dishonored going for free on games for gold. I have wanted to play it for a while. Only a week and a half to wait!!!!

I was extremely excited about The Witcher 3 but I've recently started to play the first in the series, and have been thoroughly disappointed. I know most people say it is much weaker than the second game, but by Melitele is it so... tedious. The atmosphere, characters and story and all pretty great, however, the gameplay is just something else. I'm yet to play The Witcher 2, which will hopefully be much better - and then I'll be excited again!

No Man's Sky is a big one. The stuff they've shown is beautiful and I just want to immerse myself in it. Another is Sunset Overdrive, a reason to touch my Xbox One again, Pokemon Alpha Ruby for nostalgic purposes and also The Evil Within if only because the guy who made resident evil is doing it.

A small one is Skullgirls coming to Vita. I get to play it when I should be paying attention in class!

The only game I'm looking forward to right now is Hyrule Warriors. I'm kinda indifferent about the new Smash Bros.

I waiting on legacy of the void (starcraft 2 part 3) announcement info hoping to get something at blizzcon other than that im waiting on hyrule warriors and Zelda u kingdom hearts 3 alien isolation I do believe that's it unless a mass effect 4 game gets an announcement

Not a huge list but anyway:

-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
-Battleborn (one of the few reasons why I'll be getting a PS4). New GBX IP which I hope won't end up being ACM 2.0.
-Carmageddon: Reincarnation has my attention but I doubt I'll ever play it
-Mighty No 9

For one strange reason or another, CoD Advanced Warfare did grab my attention but I'll only play it if it's less scripted bullshit with a decent sized campaign.

My most anticipated in this order:

Witcher 3
Torment Tides of Numenera
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Warlords of Draenor

What can I say..I like RPG's.

Tales of Xilla 2
-Huge Tales of fan so more Tales games is always a good thing

Dragon Age Inquisition
-Didn't think DA2 was all that bad so I'm am eager to what direction the story and gameplay will now take. Only drawback is that want to play the PC version meaning I have to upgrade my GPU and play through DA:O and DA2 again (originally played XBOX 360 versions)

Metal Gear Solid V
-HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan and despite Ground zeros extremely short length the gameplay is very promising and I have high hopes for the story as well. Only problem is that I don't have a PS4 or Xbox one and I don't want to play the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions.

The Witcher 3
-only problem with this one is that I desperately need to upgrade my GPU and unlike DA inquisition there is no last gen option

Guilty Gear Xrd
Arkham Knight
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda Wii U
Mighty no.9
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Beyond Good and Evil

Persona 5 (maybe this one will be the first in the series I complete?)

Star Citizen, probably, even if only to find out how well it works in the end.

It's either going to be Game Of The Century or the biggest disappointment since Duke Nukem Forever. There is no middle ground.

Persona's Q & Ultimax. Maybe Alpha Sapphire as well.

I'd like to say 'No Man's Sky', but that will depend on the system specs when it comes out. My PC isn't in top shape and I haven't bought a PS4 (yet).

I'm [still] counting down the days until Tales of Xillia 2, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona Q, and Pokemon Omega Ruby comes out in the US...

Other than that, I would also say that I'm waiting until Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros. for Wii U to come out... However, I still lack a Wii U and I'm waiting until I hear about a [potential] Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle coming out as well, I guess...

Hyrule Warriors: Especially now that it looks like Ganondorf is going to be playing the role of Lu Bu. I've been pretty excited for Hyrule Warriors since the reveal but the more I see of it, the more I want it. Even though the Water Temple of Ocarina of Time will be a playable area of the game.

Super Smash Bros Four (both consoles): I'm not a die-hard fan, I don't play competitively but I still love the concept and have had fun with the previous entries. Mega Man looks like he'll be fun to play as and it'll be nice to have a portable version to play around with.

The Devil's Third and, Bayonetta: Both are inexplicable Wii U exclusives and they look like they'd be fun to play. I've played a bit of the first Bayonetta and know it's fun already. B2 looks like it'll also be pretty fun to play and it looks like it too will have wild set-pieces. Devil's Third however has a weird 1st/3rd person fusion thing that I just haven't seen done before. It also looks like it'll be fun and the multiplayer looks pretty unique too...even if I'll mostly just spend time being murdered and making propaganda.

Star Fox & Zelda U: I don't know anything about these other than the fact that they exist. I want them though...there were teasers at E3 sure but I need hot, hard, facts darn-it.

There are a ton of games that are out now and which have been out for a couple of years that I still haven't played...Games like Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Donkey Kong's Tropical Freeze, Thief, Wolfenstien: The New One, InFamous: Second Son...I have Dishonored: GOTY being shipped to me right-stat-now but I won't have it until this weekend.

Elfgore:
Evolve: On the fence about this one. The concept is awesome, but the whole "built for DLC" thing alarms me. I'd wait, but this looks like the type of game that will drop players fast, especially on a console.

Not to mention it seems to be extremely similar to Left 4 Dead, which means it will pretty much be multiplayer focused. This game can automatically go fuck itself if it comes out at full retail price.

V4Viewtiful:
Guilty Gear Xrd

Damnit, forgot about this title.

In order of most anticipated:
1. Witcher 3: I loved the first two games. The third one looks awesome and I can't wait to see Yennefer and Ciri. I am just crazy excited to play this game.

2. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: I'm just addicted to Pokemon. There can never be enough.

3. Hyrule Warriors: I haven't played a warriors game in ages though I've kept meaning to get back into it. Think the game looks really cool and I'm looking forward to a solid couch co-op game with my housemates.

4. Borderlands Pre-Sequel: I like the borderlands series. Had a blast co-oping 1 & 2 with my partner. Looking forward to more.

5. Bayonetta 2: First Bayonetta was a blast. Pretty exciting we're getting an updated version of Bayonetta 1 with new features for the the WiiU too.

There's other stuff I'm looking forward to like DA:I and Smash Bros but not nearly as much as the games on the list. The above are day one(/week one whatever) buys, the other stuff, I'll get to when I get to.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona Q: Shadows of the Labyrinth
Persona 5
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

You might notice a pattern in my choices.

Splatoon, Soma, Sunset Overdrive (even though I'll most likely never play it), and No Man's Sky.

...I don't even own any of the consoles those games are for. And probably won't for a really, really long time. Oh well, at least I have Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire and Smash 4 to look forward to for holiday season. If you'd asked me this question a year ago, my list would probably be three times as long. But the major game releases this year have made me salty in regards to anticipation and "hype". By now I'm more or less ignoring prerelease press altogether.

Sunset Overdrive because it's looking more fun with every bit of new information. It's giving me a Dead Rising 3 vibe in that the world looks brown and sometimes miserable but the gameplay is still quirky and fun (or looks quirky and fun in the case of SO), and I was one of the four non-critic people in the world who loved Dead Rising 3.

Master Chief collection. Yes, blatant money grab. Yes, I have issues with 343 Industries putting their shitty fan fiction in Halo 2 through terminals like they did with Halo 1. Yes, I could just play Halo 2 on my 360 because backwards compatibility is awesome and the Grunts look like Grunts and not four foot plastic toys, and the Jackals look like birds and not reptile dinosaurs (seriously, fuck Halo 4). But still, I want to see Halo 2 with shiny current gen graphics, because Halo 2 is the Halo game I think aged the worst. Halo: CE you can at least excuse because it was an early release game for the Xbox, but Halo 2 pushed the realistic graphics bullshit of the end of that generation. Halo 3 still looks fine, so I imagine this new look will age well.

Bayonetta 2. I'll probably be getting a Wii U in the next few months and Bayonetta 2 is one of my must have games for the system. I also hear that Bayonetta 1 comes with it, which is even better.

Zelda U because it will be my first "new" Zelda game (assuming I get it before the next one, which is likely) and I do want to sample this series.

WoW: Warlords of Draenor. I like what I see so far, even if they've nerfed the Shaman's Lightning Bolt so you can't move while using it.

Kingdom Heats 3: As a longtime KH fan, the fact that it was announced and shown has got me salivating.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: After the slight disappointment I got from Ghosts (its story wasn't as good as it could have been) I am awaiting what this one has in store.

Pokemon Omega Ruby: This is were my adventure in the tall grass began, and coming back to it in its new format is my little slice of nostalgia.

Assassin's Creed Rouge: I like the concept that the protagonist is an assassin turned templar.

No Man's Sky: While I doubt it'll get me to buy a new system, I am interested in it and will keep tabs on it. Lord knows that the gaming websites I visit will.

Tom Clancy's the Division: It is possibly one of few games that will get me to go next gen, and I like the idea behind it.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - I love BioWare, I love Dragon Age, I was not disappointed by Dragon Age 2, and I am excited for Inquisition. Bring it on. (Also, super excited to see how Hawke and The Warden interact with each other, or the story in general).
No Man's Sky - Happy that it is coming to PC, and I am loving the idea of a procedurally generated space game. This excites me.
Halo 2 Anniversary - On the fence as to if im going to get an XbOne. The footage that I have seen looks great, but the constant back and forth of "PC PORT! NO PC PORT! THERE MIGHT BE! EVENTUALLY!" makes me unsure.
Alien Isolation - I loved Alien, and I am dying for a good Alien game. Please don't suck.

The final release version of Wasteland 2. As a kickstarter backer, I have access to the beta, but I hate playing betas. Wake me up when the thing goes gold.

The Metro Redux games. I never got around to playing the originals despite them being on my to-play list for forever, so I may as well experience the best versions of them.

Assassin's Creed: Rogue. I loved the sailing aspect of Black Flag, and I think there's some serious mileage to be had out of the arctic terrain the game is set it. I wish I could say I was excited about Unity, to counterbalance some of the unnecessary vitriol it's been receiving since E3 if nothing else, but I'm just... not. It looks dull. Like yet another Ezio game, but with slightly more angry peasants and slightly less interesting protagonist.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake. If nothing else, it will fill the hole in my little OCD heart that the lack of balance in Blaziken having a mega form but not the other Gen III starters created. THEY MUST ALL BE EQUALLY GOOD CHOICES!

Arkham Knight. I'm a sucker for a good trilogy.

Star citizen, Witcher 3, dragon age inquisition, dead state. this war of mine, the new tomb raider

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked