Your most anticipated game(s) at the moment.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

1.The Evil Within

2. Hyrule Warriors

3. Yoshis' Wooly World

4. Mighty No.9

5. MKX(just to see how much they fuck this one up)

Alien Isolation is the closest game that I'm looking forward to.
Dragon Age: Inquisition shortly there-after.
After that I'll likely have to wait until next year for when Arkham Knight comes out before I pick up another game.

Azure Striker Gunvolt

I'm still hoping that it actually gets a PAL-release, though.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, the guys at Atlus USA have shown that they are confident in how kick ass their game is. They have been live streaming gameplay sessions, and they let people at EVO sit down and play it (they also streamed that). So far I've been nothing but impressed and September 30th can't seem any further away!

Well, if I had or was coming close to having a Wii U, there would be a lot more titles. Particularly Yoshi's Woolly World. I can only hope the Game Grumps make it a KEY sequel.

So right now, as I'm stuck in last gen on consoles and in 2002 on my PC, the only thing I'm looking forwards to is Far Cry 4.

I don't have enough information on Bloodborn yet and the newest Pokemon remakes are from of my second least-favorite generation, plus, remakes.

I know FC4 is going to have optimization problems for the PS3 due to the system being older, but I'm hoping it will be as much of a blast as 3 was.

Apparently, if this thread is anything to go by, I'm alone in my anticipation of the following:

Homeworld: Shipbreakers: Really, what do I need to say here? It's (hopefully) the triumphant return of the one of the best RTS franchises in the industry. I'm incredibly eager to return to the story-verse of Homeworld.

Grey Goo: This one looks to be a fairly interesting mix-up in the standard RTS formula. Three extraordinarily distinct species; certainly far more distinct than we tend to see in other RTS games; with a wealth of play-styles, abilities, and tech. As well, a wealth of environmental events and interactions and a stronger emphasis on strategy, planning, and unit management rather than on resource collection and management. Helps, too, that the team behind it have some fairly high-tier pedigree in RTS design.

Firewatch: This is set to be the first game release by Campo Santo; a small indie start-up featuring the talents behind such games as Mark of the Ninja, The Cave, and The Walking Dead: Season 1. And really, baring in mind the team behind the game and the description of the premise being...

how can I NOT be excited? A mystery-based, story-driven first-person adventure/exploration game from the people behind TWD:S1?

Yes please.

Routine: This is the first game from the small, UK-based team called Lunar Software. The game is essentially a claustrophobic, psychological horror title. A quick-and-dirty description might sound like "imagine Outlast meets Dead Space with a heavy 80's and NASA/Cosmonaut theme".

Sadly, there hasn't been much in the way of new info on the project for some time now and I fear it may be dead in the water. Here's hoping it's not.

Destiny and The Crew.

Both lend themselves great to both mission based co-op and just moseying about wasting time and exploring co-op. Cant wait to have a prowl in both with my friends.

Well I haven't made the jump to the generation of consoles and my PC's old but there's a few I've got my eye on.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - I loved Dragon Age: Origins but didn't bother buying Dragon Age 2 after what I saw of it alhtough I did watch a playthrough. I hope DA3 makes big improvements.

The Witcher 3 - I haven't played the first two but I heard great things and it does look amazing.

No Man's Sky - It seems amazing in its scope but will have to see if it delivers.

Zelda U - Looks beautiful, I hope it can deliver something refreshing to the Zelda franchise whilst still having the feel and quality of a great Zelda game.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 and the Last Guardian? .. But maybe that's a little wishful.

For me, it's a tie between two games;

Evolve - My friends and I need a new game we can play co-operatively, and this looks like it'll be an insane amount of fun. I'm psyched both for playing as the 'survivors' and for playing as the monster. Some of the challenges/special modes look like they're gonna be great fun, too. It's just a shame they've delayed the release date until next year (and being slightly pessimistic, I anticipate another delay).

Borderlands Pre-Sequel - The Borderlands series is arguably my favourite series of all time. Getting to know more about the lore behind Borderlands is going to be excellent, and I'm super psyched to play as Nisha (even though I can't be a Siren this time around).

I'm ashamed no one has mentioned Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. The first game had a great story, and it seems like the second one will be even better. It was finally released on PC, so hopefully in the next year or so the next one comes out. The battle system and customization were good as well, and the characters were all well developed and interesting.

If I was to go with some other less obvious ones, I look forward to the second Gravity Rush game. I recently played it and after taking a little time to get used to the controls, the game was really fun and there was a lot to explore. There are some unanswered questions that I want answers to.

I really look forward for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei. We know almost nothing about it, but with two great franchises coming together for what I assume will be a tactical type game. I hope soon after all the various Persona games come out, I hope to learn more about it.

Final Fantasy XV:

When I saw the first trailer way back when (2006?) it blew my mind (OMG 13(+) weapons at the same time). Every trailer that we got every year or so pumped me up even if it didn't have any gameplay the look and feel was awesome and it still is today. When I first saw an actual gameplay trailer (I think 2011 for PS3), It was heavily based on the Kingdom Hearts franchise so that would be an instant sell for me. The last trailer changed the orignal "Final Fantasy versus XIII" to "Final Fantasy XV" for PS4. That was actually the only game back then that actually looked like it was next gen (now current gen :P). The interface was much simpler and different than the Kingdom Hearts franchise but it still felt awesome even though it isn't perfect (not necessary for me). The Japanese voicecast sounds awesome (hoping for optional japanese audio for EU).
Basically I've waited patiently for many years now and when it finally comes out, that will be the day I buy a PS4.
Also the music is done by Yoko Shimomura who composed the music for the Kingdom Hearts franchise so I expect a lot of Latin Choir induced musical orgasms (every trailer music i've heard does that already :D).
Also... awesome grinning behemoths, Leviathan, some oversized impractical swords and really nice clothes.
Hopefully we'll still have summons :D

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD reMIX:

I never had a PSP so i'm glad I'll finally be able to really play Birth By sleep. Also proud mode and final mixes so yay for that :D

Kingdom Hearts III:

This one is kinda obvious since I played KH, KHreCOM, KHII, KH: 358/2 Days, and KHreCODED (KH:BBS i've watched on youtube and soon i'll get to play it with KH 2.5 HD reMIX; KH3D I've also watched on youtube cuz i don't have a 3DS).
The only thing I'm a little worried about is wether or not I'll like the new graphical style they use. Every other game had the same PS style graphics (even KH COM on Gameboy Advance had PS2 style cutscenes). They could have kept the same PS2 style graphics but sort of upgraded them (no more blank eye stares) and I'd still be very happy :D.

Those 3 games are basically the only ones I'm REALLY excited for. Hell I'll buy them even if everyone would hate them and critics would bash it (ya know cuz it's Final Fantasy and it is fun and cool to really hate it and beat the dead horse to pulp (or in this case Odin from FF13 :P))

I'm really, really excited for Arkham Knight, MGS5 and Bloodborne. The Arkham and Souls games were my favorite games of the previous gen so seeing them(with Bloodborne spiritually)continue...hype! :p And everything about Phantom Pain looks/sounds awesome so far and the appetizer(Ground Zeroes) was really good as well. They've been working on this game for ages but I think its going to be fantastic. And I've yet to be let down by Kojima. :p

There are other games I'm looking forward to but these are at the absolute top of my list.

Persona 4 Ultimax, I loved Arena and seeing all the improvements and new characters this is going to have, its probably going to be one hell of a ride, can play it with friends online and offline as well (one of my friends isn't a Persona fan, but loves the combat in Arena) will probably pre-order it for goodies today, along with...

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, its basically Etrian Odyssey with SMT elements and Persoina characters, but it looks like it will eat up my time like no other game this year, well, almost...

Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: Yeah I know I can technically play a translation online, but I really want to play it with the English dub (first game's dub was hilarious and well done) and I loved the first one, I am mad excited for this one, trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can (Youtube has a way of fucking that up though)

Super Smash Bros U, its SSB with new characters on the Wii-U, do I even have to explain?

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, I absolutely loved the first one, this one is gonna be the same thing with just about everything enhanced and expanded, to the track-list, to the gameplay, to the characters, to all new modes, can't bloody wait, good to see Mystic Quest finally getting some love after 20 years as well (although there better be more songs through DLC for it)

There is also Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon: Omega Ruby but I will have a lot to play for the while, so I will pass on those until later.

dragon age inquisitipn is the most immediate one, gosh diggety dang do I want it right now
persona 5 is the reason I wake up with a stiffy, but it's the furthest from release and that hurts me

also lords of the fallen looks pretty neat

Bloooooodboooooooorne

Trying not to get too excited though because it is sooo far off.

In no particular order:

Dragon Age Inquisition
The Witcher 3
Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
Zelda U
Super Smash Bros
Destiny
Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

There are more, but they're too far off to be worth mentioning.

Oh boy, I don't know. There's some games I'm interested into and will probably buy, but not a single game I am feeling real, strong hype for.

I think if Tekken 7 or Mortal Kombat X's release dates were far closer, however, I would feel hype for them.

Right now, the main thing I am looking forward to is Hyrule Warriors. I have been a fan of the Dynasty Warriors games since 4 on the PS2. The more information that trickles down the pipeline about Hyrule Warriors, the more I want it. I daresay I want that game more than Super Smash Bros. U at this point.

At the least the former has a proper release date. Count me in.

Other than Hyrule Warriors, I wouldn't mind giving Evolve a try. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel if I can get my buddies to pick it up, too.

Witcher 3 of course (I'm probably in the minority when I say that I think the first one was better than the second. At least from a story standpoint). Civilization Beyond Earth. And Battlefront. Although I must say that my anticipation for Battlefront is probably just hopeful optimism, DICE and EA are probably going to ruin it.

In terms of indie games, Killing Floor 2 and Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord are two titles I'm really excited for. I don't think either have release dates yet though.

Heart Forth Alicia is shaping up to be something special. In future, Deemo 2. I've been playing the first non-stop this week and nothing has captured my heart quite like this since Thomas Was Alone.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition personally. If Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. turn out well, I'll pick up a WiiU. Otherwise, I have a huge backlog of games to finish. I've barely started Dark Souls.

At the time of writing i've spend 394 hours on Civ V so I look forward to Civilization beyond earth.
Far Cry 4, I like territory control elements and capturing all the outpost in FC3 was huge fun.

1. Bloodborne, so excited to see what seems to be shaping up as another entry into the souls series (if not in name then in spirit) especially since its going for a new setting and has the original director/team that was behind Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition, given Bioware's recent track record I've been fairly hesitant about this one, but it seems to be shaping up well so my hopes are getting fairly high.

3. Bayonetta 2, got started on a Platinum/action game kick not too long ago and while I haven't played the first one I've heard it was fantastic plus its going to come with the sequel for free so I'm definitely going to check this one out.

4. Borderlands the Presequel, Borderlands 2 is still a game I play with my friends from time to time so we're all excited for the follow up.

5. No Man's Sky, just looks really cool so far.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the pokemon alpha sapphire/omega ruby games and the new smash bros though I don't have a particular order for those.

Not a whole lot.

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Persona 5

Rainbow Six: Siege

Dead State (waiting until the game is in a open-ended state before jumping into the early access)

Most of the games I anticipate playing have already been released, and I don't have the means to play the game, ie The Last of Us.

Currently my top anticipated games are:

1) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - comes out in Sept, so I don't have long to wait. I really enjoyed the first one so the sequel is a must buy.

2) Batman: Arkham Knight - I've enjoyed all the Batman games so far, though Origins just didn't quite feel right, so it's nice to see the franchise back in Rocksteady's hands.

3) Dragon Age: Inquisition - everything I've seen so far for this looks very good and appears to be fixing all the stuff that was wrong with the second one.

And the one I want most would be 4) Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes was a ton of fun, despite the shortness and darker turn of the story. It prompted me to go back and replay most of the series (I really need to replay and finish Peace Walker) and I'm really looking forward to creeping around an open world in a cardboard box, launching people into the sky with the Fulton system. It should be a blast!

Alien: isolation. It's got a team I trust working on it, and all I've heard is gold. Most people seem torn between Alien and Aliens, and the creators seem to fall heavily on my Alien side of the fence.

Witcher 3. Never really tried the series, but I'm curious to see where this goes.

Blood borne: this will be what makes me get a ps4. I'm excited about the return of Miyazaki, and his spiritual successor to Dark Souls.

Perona 5 (ad infinitum)

Final Fantasy 15/ Kingdom Hearts 3: Give it to me, I know you have it! Tell me where it is, Nomura, or I swear to god I'll come over there and tear down every Hot Topic in your country.

1.Batman Arkham Knight-I loved City and Asylum is one of my favorite games,Origins was kinda meh but this is going to be a Rocksteady game,so i guess it's going to be good.

2.GTA 5 - let's hope it will be a better port than GTA 4

3.Any Ace Attorney game - i don't even have a 3ds,but i'll eventually buy one when there are more than 3 AA games there

Monster Hunter 4
Super Smash Bros. 3DS (I don't have a Wii U)
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Yep, my 3DS is gonna be very busy soon. Not that it isn't already what with Shovel Knight, Bravely Default and the never-ending saga of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Evolve, Dying Light and Alien Isolation are the 3 I'm most looking forward to. Though I'm less interested in Dying Light now as I've gone off zombies recently. I'm in particular looking forward to Evolve as it's something that will hopefully bring my circle of friends back together doing something, I've been getting lonely. :(

Zetatrain:
Tales of Xilla 2
-Huge Tales of fan so more Tales games is always a good thing

Dragon Age Inquisition
-Didn't think DA2 was all that bad so I'm am eager to what direction the story and gameplay will now take. Only drawback is that want to play the PC version meaning I have to upgrade my GPU and play through DA:O and DA2 again (originally played XBOX 360 versions)

Metal Gear Solid V
-HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan and despite Ground zeros extremely short length the gameplay is very promising and I have high hopes for the story as well. Only problem is that I don't have a PS4 or Xbox one and I don't want to play the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions.

The Witcher 3
-only problem with this one is that I desperately need to upgrade my GPU and unlike DA inquisition there is no last gen option

Dragon Age: Inquistion: More Dragon Age? Particularly, a game that supposed to have the good elements of DA:Origins and DA2? Yes, please. Doth it suck that I have to wait until November? You bet, but hey, here's hoping it won't be as rushed as DA:2 was. (Not a bad game, it improved the combat system, I liked a good number of the characters)

Tales of Xillia 2: I'm a Tales Of fan, so more of a game I liked is good.

Cosmic Space Heroine: It's a Sci-fi RPG being made by Zeboyd Games. What more need be said? And besides, I adore sci-fi RPGs with turn-based combat system.

Cyberpunk 2077: I've heard of this via Spoony's Counter Monkey stories, and in all honestly,I'm quite curious to learn more of this world.Only problem, is the matter of the Witcher 3. And whilst I am slightly interested in that as well,(Do tell me more of this if available) it was recently delayed until February of next year. Translation: I'll probably haveto wait that long until I learn more about this...wonderous world.

I've also been trying to get into the SMT games, particularly Soul Hackers. Any ideas for a guy that's only so far playedsome games in the Persona series?

GamerMage:
I've also been trying to get into the SMT games, particularly Soul Hackers. Any ideas for a guy that's only so far playedsome games in the Persona series?

Ive got SMT for PS2 and I defo had a blast with that. The Monsters are fun, and the story was pretty cool (though a bit wierd but..yeah which one isnt haha?). Personally speaking, defo go for it.

PS: Donno if youve played that one yet but, atleast for me, Persona 4 is the best in the series up to this point.

0takuMetalhead:

V4Viewtiful:
Guilty Gear Xrd

Damnit, forgot about this title.

For shame!

It'll be released in Japan this December.

Lilikins:

GamerMage:

Ive got SMT for PS2 and I defo had a blast with that. The Monsters are fun, and the story was pretty cool (though a bit wierd but..yeah which one isnt haha?). Personally speaking, defo go for it.

PS: Donno if youve played that one yet but, atleast for me, Persona 4 is the best in the series up to this point.

Ever play P2: Innocent Sin? I quiteliked the story there. And for that matter, you ever see the video on discussing how the "timeline" of the SMT Universe works?

I have a big boner for Wasteland 2, I have the beta installed right now but I'm waiting for it to go gold before playing it. Also anticipating Pillars of eternity, and a million indie games I've read about but aren't out yet whose names I can't remember.

Edit: Oh and Elite Dangerous, really looking forward to that one.

V4Viewtiful:

0takuMetalhead:

V4Viewtiful:
Guilty Gear Xrd

Damnit, forgot about this title.

For shame!

It'll be released in Japan this December.

Yeah, heard that via one of the Youtube channels I'm following. Hyped!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked