What are some good local multiplayer games?

I need some new local multiplayer games to play with ym friends and my brother. We have every version of Playstation, the gamecube and a Wii. We've gone through Soul Calibur, Smash Brothers, Timesplitters, Crash Team Racing and a couple others. Those are all fun but we need more variety especially with friends over. Right now we're going through Borderlands 2 which is fun but I still want some more variety.

Thanks in advance

On the Playstation 3, the new Rayman games, also LittleBigPlanet 2...
On the Gamecube and Wii, Mario Kart or any of the Mario Party...

There's the Mario Kart games. With the Gamecube and Wii, you should be good with Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. There's also New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which has a fun semi-competitive co-op mode, and I hear that Kirby's Epic Yarn is decent enough. Mario Party games (except maybe Mario Party 9) are also always good for multiplayer, but be prepared to have some friendships ruined.

Those are some of my fav wii games with local multiplayer.

Mario Kart wii
Donkey kong country returns
SSX Blur
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Kirby's epic yarn
Sin & Punishment 2
Rayman Legends
Worms a Space Oddity
Tatsunoko vs Capcom ultimate all stars
Metal Slug Anthology
Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes
SpyBorgs
Zack and Wiki the Quest for Barbaros Treasure
Dokapon Kingdom

hope you will find something among these to enjoy.

Fight Night round 4 is my favorite fighting game on the PS4.
Every time I go over to my friend's place we usually play 5 or 6 full matches

Dragons crown. Get it , if you like fun, you'll like it .

I would also suggest any fighting game . They are fun when people are of equal skill .

Diablo 3. That game is at it's most fun when you are playing couch co-op

Towerfall Ascension may be one of the best local multiplayer games I have ever played. Simple, cheap, and extremely fun.

The Tales games, they are jrpgs with a fighting game-like combat system, and you can play as any of your party members(and so can your friends if they have extra controllers)

When I had a PS2 and played a lot of local multiplayer with my friends, the most fun we had were from:

Mashed
Urban Reign
Def Jam: Fight For New York
The Warriors

Urban Reign is a particularly good and underrated gem, it's a fast and fluid 1-4 player brawler made by some of the people who made Tekken and Soul Calibur, so it has the same kind of fighting as those games with many characters and many different martial arts, but with much larger arenas, more freedom of movement, weapons, a more advanced grappling game with some brutal 2 on 1 moves, and a different approach to defence, in which you can't block attacks at all, but instead either dodge, counter or hit them first, which leads to some frantic yet fluid and highly enjoyable fights which are reminiscent of the best fight scenes from the best martial arts films.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked