Shovel Knight 3DS or PC?

Is the 3D cool enough that I would choose it on the smaller screen?

PC is what I have, but I can imagine is being really nice on the go. Whatever option makes you buy it because that game is amazing :D haha

Have you seen any effects at all that would look cool in 3D? I think the real question should be whether or not you would play it in bed or on the go.

The 3DS version has streetpass compatibility, but it won't get the multiplayer mode update when that is eventually released (that's only for the PC and Wii U versions)

Both PC and 3DS (as well as the Wii U version) will get the gender flip mode and the King, Specter and Plague Knight campaigns when they're released though.

Not really going anywhere out of the house to game. Sounds like you guys are recommending PC then.

I've seen PC gameplay but I'm more keen on grabbing it for my 3DS whenever they finally get around to releasing it for Europe, it feels like it's been forever.

Having the 3DS version, I think it suits the pick up and play style better, instead of sitting down and clearing levels at high speeds on PC. The 3D isn't something that'll make you explode with amazement, but it's done very well with nothing fighting to move into the foreground and background.

I liked being able to sit at work before my shift started, clear a level, and close my 3DS and get ready to begin another (Or start up mid-way through a level) once I could go on my break. Worked nicely!

Edit: Just found your post saying you're not going anywhere, hence the use of a portable system. PC then...? o.o

Elvis Starburst:
Having the 3DS version, I think it suits the pick up and play style better, instead of sitting down and clearing levels at high speeds on PC. The 3D isn't something that'll make you explode with amazement, but it's done very well with nothing fighting to move into the foreground and background.

I liked being able to sit at work before my shift started, clear a level, and close my 3DS and get ready to begin another (Or start up mid-way through a level) once I could go on my break. Worked nicely!

Edit: Just found your post saying you're not going anywhere, hence the use of a portable system. PC then...? o.o

wow they are kind of very permissive where you work

Elvis Starburst:

Yeah, IDK. There's something about the platform that a game is on that changes the experience entirely. I'm probably going to get it for PC though...

NuclearKangaroo:

Elvis Starburst:

The people there were very chill dudes. Besides, I go to work early to let myself wake up with a bit of game time. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to come in 30 minutes before work and relax a bit like that. Unless that's not normal?

Elvis Starburst:

NuclearKangaroo:

Elvis Starburst:

The people there were very chill dudes. Besides, I go to work early to let myself wake up with a bit of game time. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to come in 30 minutes before work and relax a bit like that. Unless that's not normal?

well i think it depends

right now im doing an internship in a big steel corporation, and the people in my office are super cool, but they definitively have some respectable work ethics, i dont think theyd take kindly if i pulled out my 3DS and started playing, but then again i havent done it, maybe i think too highly of them :)

NuclearKangaroo:
well i think it depends

right now im doing an internship in a big steel corporation, and the people in my office are super cool, but they definitively have some respectable work ethics, i dont think theyd take kindly if i pulled out my 3DS and started playing, but then again i havent done it, maybe i think too highly of them :)

Haha, it's not like I pull it out during actual work XD I do it before my shift starts and during my break, which is time for me to eat and chill for a bit. Of course pulling it out on the job would be hard to do~ And in your case, I don't get why people would look at you odd for pulling out a game system at an opportune time like I do

If you're not going anywhere you might as well go PC. That way you can plug it into your tv and use a retro controller for that authentic experience.

I plan on getting it on my 3DS because everything I've seen of the game makes it look like a lot of fun to have on the go. Also I need something to play on there until bloody Smash 4 comes out.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked