Good Hunting Game for the Wii

I'm trying to collect something from every genre for my Wii. I already have plenty of good shooters, including GhostSquad and Re4, but I need an actual hunting game in my collection; it's a tad odd that I don't already own one considering that the Wiimote is perfect for a gun and terribly fun to aim.

Yes, I do hunt and fish. Yes, I have made jerky and sausage out of Bambi.

The problem I've encountered is that there's really only one professional critic out there who puts in depth reviews on hunting games (on google searches), and he's bias against hunting. So therefore I cannot trust anything he writes to a large extent.

So to any members out there who do hunt or own hunting games, which one should I look at getting? Is there one that stands out better than the others?

Wii Play has a version of Duck Hunt...

Can't think of any for the Wii, instead just got House of the Dead: Overkill and shoot up some zombies. You can even unlock a Dual Wield mode, carnage with 2 wii-motes woohoo :D

Edit: come to think of it (someone posted before me), I though they were making a Duck Hunt 2. Been a while ago though that we heard something from it.

I didn't realize there was hunting games...

Lukeje:

I own Wii Play, but that mini game is far from duck hunt. Yes there are ducks, but they're on the side and look like they've simply been thrown in as a second thought.

I'm soory but I can't resist...you should have called the thread "good wii hunting" get it? Good will hunting for those who don't.

i think theres a Cabella's (sorry if i didnt spell that right) big game hunting on the Wii

Quaidis:
I'm trying to collect something from every genre for my Wii. I already have plenty of good shooters, including GhostSquad and Re4, but I need an actual hunting game in my collection; it's a tad odd that I don't already own one considering that the Wiimote is perfect for a gun and terribly fun to aim.

Yes, I do hunt and fish. Yes, I have made jerky and sausage out of Bambi.

The problem I've encountered is that there's really only one professional critic out there who puts in depth reviews on hunting games (on google searches), and he's bias against hunting. So therefore I cannot trust anything he writes to a large extent.

So to any members out there who do hunt or own hunting games, which one should I look at getting? Is there one that stands out better than the others?

Also quite fun thing with shooting is the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Wher you shoot at flying targets. That's quite fun. ALso the archery

I also have to comment on your Avatar saying Dr.Pepper FTW!

Quaidis:

Lukeje:

I own Wii Play, but that mini game is far from duck hunt. Yes there are ducks, but they're on the side and look like they've simply been thrown in as a second thought.

There were aliens too don't forget. What hunting game is complete without aliens?

Assassinator:
Can't think of any for the Wii, instead just got House of the Dead: Overkill and shoot up some zombies. You can even unlock a Dual Wield mode, carnage with 2 wii-motes woohoo :D

Edit: come to think of it (someone posted before me), I though they were making a Duck Hunt 2. Been a while ago though that we heard something from it.

I intend to get Overkill (and the other good Wii games that came out recently) on the side. So don't worry, I wont be loosing out. Though to your edit: I would seriously insta-buy an actual version of duck hunt if it came out.

Shadow Law:
I'm sorry but I can't resist...you should have called the thread "good Wii hunting" get it? Good will hunting for those who don't.

I would alter my title to suit your pun. However due to your spelling out the joke to others, my hilarity meter would fall by about five points if I did. Alas, I must keep it as is.

I'm glad somebody made the "Good Will Hunting" comment before me. Still not sure if the headline reference was intended or not.

Skizle:
i think theres a Cabella's (sorry if i didnt spell that right) big game hunting on the Wii

There is.
My brother owns it. I can't vouch for quality, but it looked ok. There's also a shooting minigame in Wii Play.

Skizle:

There are multiple Cabela games for the Wii. That's actually why I came up with this thread. I'm sure some of them may be worse than others, though, and I don't know if Big Game Hunting is any better than the rest. It appears that they're like Madden when it comes to title consistency for all game systems.

Daye.04:

Also quite fun thing with shooting is the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Where you shoot at flying targets. That's quite fun. Also the archery.

I also have to comment on your Avatar saying Dr.Pepper FTW!

The idea of Mario and Sonic together in a single game terrifies me. I think I'm better off sticking with an actual hunting game and not a sports shooter. What? There's no difference? Allow me to rephrase that: I'm looking for something where I can blow out a deer's brain or bomb fish from the water. Maybe I should edit my first post.

Yes, Dr Pepper rules. I had someone make the avatar for me years ago to declare my googly-eyed fanizm of the beverage.

Lukeje:

Quaidis:

Lukeje:

There were aliens too don't forget. What hunting game is complete without aliens?

True. Damned aliens, running off with my dead rabbits.

Quaidis:
Yes, I have made jerky and sausage out of Bambi.

Nothing taste's better :D

ElArabDeMagnifico:

Quaidis:
Yes, I have made jerky and sausage out of Bambi.

Nothing taste's better :D

Salmon Jerky tastes better. =P But Bambi looks better hung up on the wall of my Uncle's house.

There's Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 for the Wii, but it's not so much a hunting game as it is a slow-paced, linear shooter. It even has quick-time events.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked