Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

Okay. So I visit Escapist forums a lot but only see fighting game content every so often. So I wanted to make a sort of go to thread for the content. I've not made a thread here before so apologies if I screw it up. I just want a place here for fighting game vets to chat and chill and newbies to ask questions and hopefully get help on stepping up their game in the ring. So here are some sources.
Most popular fighting game websites: shoryuken.com eventhubs.com iplaywinner.com
News and tools for SNK games: dreamcancel.com orochinagi.com
Melty Blood help: http://www.meltybread.com/
Smash Bros stuff: https://smashboards.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCEq4Sz1nNK4wn3Z4Ozk2w https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiyHuIsJM-r0HmqB_tvDgA
Best source for Arc System Works titles and similar fighting games: dustloop.com
Skullheart(typically very friendly) for Skullgirls players: http://skullheart.com/index.php
Tekken: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/
For some obscure titles, partially out of date but very useful: wiki.mizuumi.net
Tools for playing Fighting Is Magic: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MKk630uNYQ5X17ONGeY7e9z9TzqIWEdaZRexnR9-Xc4/edit?pageId=103096567357818711108
Additional tools: https://testyourmight.com/ (for Mortal Kombat and Injustice) http://climax-art.com/#/any/any/0/NONE/any/any/0/NONE/0/any/0 (Dengeki Bunko match tool) http://db.homingcancel.com/ (Arcana Heart series match tool) http://shoryuken.com/glossary/
wiki.standcrash.com(for leaning Capcom's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game)
Part 1 of the Under Night In-Birth system guide(great game for newer players and great fighting game in general) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT81K40ew3s&list=PLQDaPtaz8yrQRtJdpkbtPP4MOQXRfnamX&index=13

I realize there are more things and places I could list, but that's a lot of stuff already and I don't even know if the thread will be taken down or not. Point is I want a thread that serves as a haven for fighting game fans new and old her at the Escapist and hope this does just that!

The King Of Fighters XIV came out earlier today! Tekken 7's home port was also revealed to come out February of 2017.

Tough crowd...
The Last Blade came to Steam today.

Well, theres nothing good right now, and there is no specific thing to discuss. Ive been itching for a fighting game to play, but Street Fighter V is garbage, Tekken 7 is taking forever, and Ive done most everything in Mortal Kombat X.

I am on the anime side of things, have a few years of tourney experience with blazblue and GG, mainly playing Revelator and Nitroplus Blasters atm, waiting for the new blazblue which I am importing next month. This forum is mainly consistin of story fans for the games I play, so I have only been able toget games going with a dude called Raiho I believe.

I don't play the capcom or western style stuff, no sf or mk here.

I think instead of a general topic, talking about specific things is best. For example, in Nitroplus Blasters you can play as Saya from Saya no Uta, I never epected that of all games to be turned into a fighter. Saya is equal parts cute and scary too.

Saelune:
Well, theres nothing good right now, and there is no specific thing to discuss. Ive been itching for a fighting game to play, but Street Fighter V is garbage, Tekken 7 is taking forever, and Ive done most everything in Mortal Kombat X.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is all you need. Most beautiful and hype fighter ever.

Dreiko:

Saelune:

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is all you need. Most beautiful and hype figter ever.

I never seem to enjoy anime fighting games. Admittedly, Ive never played Guilty Gear before, but the ones I have played tend to be more about spectacle, than actual gameplay depth.

Saelune:

Dreiko:

Saelune:

I never seem to enjoy anime fighting games. Admittedly, Ive never played Guilty Gear before, but the ones I have played tend to be more about spectacle, than actual gameplay depth.

Aha! Ok, simple confusion here. GG is not based on an anime, GG is was the community calls anime to indicate air mobility options, longer combos and intricate, complex playstyles.

What you likely are thinking of isn't that but anime-based-fighters like dbz and naruto figthers, which yes, are as you describe. Know that they are not at all like what we in the fgc call anime figters, games with a complex design and an animeish look, ones like blazblue, guilty gear, under night in birth, arcana heart and so on.

In fact, they tend to be TOO deep so as to scare away fans of simpler games like street fighter or mortal kombat.

Dreiko:

Saelune:

Dreiko:

Aha! Ok, simple confusion here. GG is not based on an anime, GG is was the community calls anime to indicate air mobility options, longer combos and intricate, complex playstyles.

What you likely are thinking of isn't that but anime-based-fighters like dbz and naruto figthers, which yes, are as you describe. Know that they are not at all like what we in the fgc call anime figters, games with a complex design and an animeish look, ones like blazblue, guilty gear, under night in birth, arcana heart and so on.

In fact, they tend to be TOO deep so as to scare away fans of simpler games like street fighter or mortal kombat.

No, I mean "anime fighting games" like Blazblue, which, after looking to see if there were any Guilty Gear games on Steam, turns out are made by the same developers. Looking further into it, I guess I just don't like Arc System Works, cause they also made Persona 4 Arena which I didn't like much either.

I don't like when one button makes a whole combo. (I also don't like Killer Instinct for similar reasons) Maybe there is other depth to these games, but its not through intuitive gameplay. Adding tons of super bars doesn't really cut it for me either.

Saelune:

Dreiko:

Saelune:

No, I mean "anime fighting games" like Blazblue, which, after looking to see if there were any Guilty Gear games on Steam, turns out are made by the same developers. Looking further into it, I guess I just don't like Arc System Works, cause they also made Persona 4 Arena which I didn't like much either.

I don't like when one button makes a whole combo. (I also don't like Killer Instinct for similar reasons) Maybe there is other depth to these games, but its not through intuitive gameplay. Adding tons of super bars doesn't really cut it for me either.

In neither bb nor gg does one button make a whole combo, though. These games do have a beginner mode style of control intended for casuals and kids, so they can see the story and have fun, but the regular input method does not have that. If you actually play the games, you will instantly realize that you do not do combos with one button. Also, you aren't even allowed to use these easy combo modes in tourneys or most online matches anyways.

Persona, due to being an rpg spinoff and targetting more casuals than nornal, did have the simple combo mehod but that was so unoptimal that if you used it you were at a disadvantage, so basically it is a system to punish you for button mashing the A button by nerfing your combo a significant degree and wasting your meter. At normal play all you would use it for was to do the first three nornals, then proceed into different buttons.

As for the super meter, there's just one of those, what is also there tends to be character specific meters such as Rachel's wind gauge or Tager's spark bolt gauge. Those add to the depth since you have to ration their usage, balancing it for optimal play. The harder chars have more such things to keep in mind, trading complex systems for higher power.

Dreiko:

Saelune:

Dreiko:

In neither bb nor gg does one button make a whole combo, though. These games do have a beginner mode style of control intended for casuals and kids, so they can see the story and have fun, but the regular input method does not have that. If you actually play the games, you will instantly realize that you do not do combos with one button. Also, you aren't even allowed to use these easy combo modes in tourneys or most online matches anyways.

Persona, due to being an rpg spinoff and targetting more casuals than nornal, did have the simple combo mehod but that was so unoptimal that if you used it you were at a disadvantage, so basically it is a system to punish you for button mashing the A button by nerfin your combo a significant degree and wasting your meter. At nornalplay all you would use it for was to do the firt three nornals, then proceed into different buttons.

Maybe I will give these games another chance, but I am doubtful my view will really change. If they were in some sort of casual mode, they did a poor job of letting me know that. Though I don't really like the idea of a casual mode to begin with.

You select technical or stylish mode as you pick the character, technical is the regular play mode. Just do the tutorials, they explain everything super in depth. And yeah nobody likes stylish, hell, they initially called it beginner mode but I guess that sounded too harsh. I think it's there to lure in casuals, only to surprise them with ten times the stuff to learn than in a capcom game and a bunch of non clone characters that play nothing like any other char in any other game ever lol.

PurplePonyArcade:
snipple

Well, if you want to discuss fighting games, you are better off going to someplace like Shoryuken.

I could count the number of fighting game threads created here on one hand. I mostly see one come up when a high profile new release comes out, like SF or KoF or MvC. But other than that, not much.

To be honest I don't see a lot of general discussion threads on Escapist. If someone does make one, it gets buried.

Maybe there should be a new forum for individual games/series?

PurplePonyArcade:
Tough crowd...
The Last Blade came to Steam today.

Got the last blade 2 on the ps4 when it was released and damn I think it is probably the most beautiful fighter I have ever seen. I would love to delve further into it as the game itself also seems amazing but atm I am limited in time and the fact I have no one to play with offline (or even online since even if I found someone willing my playtime sessions are extremely random due to my schedule) it sorta kills my competitive spirit a bit.

Did just buy KOFXIV and I am having a blast definitely up there with revelator as one of the best fighters released this year hopefully SNK are back in a big way. If SFV had been released with the content and quality of either of these games it would have been a huge success imo.

My favourite series is Soul Calibur so I am hoping that returns and we can all forget about Lost swords. There have been hints that it will but I am not holding my breath until it is confirmed.

Overall I tend to get on better with 3D fighters probably because SC is one of the few series I have ever taken beyond a causal enthusiast level so I guess I just understand them better and find them easier to figure out on my own. Definitely looking forward to Tekken 7 in February as loved what I played in arcades of it. I wish there was a VF6 and DOA5 is a game I have a lot of fun with that keeps pulling me back from time to time. Will likely next play it when Mai is released later this month.

I don't really play fighting games too much...much like with how I watch anime, I play fighting games in spurts when one that really catches my eye comes out (or when I find an old one that is affordable and kinda just go gung-ho with it for a week). I'm looking forward to Injustice 2 but that's mainly because I like Blue Beetle...who seems to be nothing but a reskinned Cyborg from the first Injustice. Deadshot also seems to be a reskin but he seems to be taking the place of Deathstroke who I really hope is in Injustice 2.

I never even gave a whole series much attention but I do have very fond memories of the original Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast and, Guilty Gear X on the original Xbox. I beat both arcade modes with most (if not all) characters. Oh, also Marvel vs Capcom which I hope comes back in some form. It probably won't because of Disney but doesn't Capcom have the video game rights to Hannah-Barbera cartoon characters? I would love a game wherein a team of Jill Valentine, Phoenix Wright and, Akuma go toe-to-toe with Space Ghost, Race Bannon and, Dyno-Mutt.

Err... Don't know what to say. I kind of like fighting games, but I'm a masher and I'm only into couch play/arcade ladder.
The best so far is Melty Blood. I like it because it's fast.
Second favorite is DOA5, mostly because it is interesting to mash.
Good ones are MK9, Injustice, Skull Girls.
Could not get into Blaz Blue, feels too slow, KOF XIII because of the team bullshit, SFxT because of the gem bullshit.

slo:
Err... Don't know what to say. I kind of like fighting games, but I'm a masher and I'm only into couch play/arcade ladder.
Could not get into Blaz Blue, feels too slow, KOF XIII because of the team bullshit, SFxT because of the gem bullshit.

In BB speed vastly varies based on who you pick. Chars like Tager and Hakumen are slow defensive types while chars like Taokaka or Bang are agile chars with multiple airdashes like in melty and so on.

Although I feel like I'll buy Street Fighter V and King of Fighters XIV at some point (with this point being me acquiring a PS4), I am still bummed that some of my favourites are not included in these games.

Street Fighter V doesn't have my favourite pugilist Dudley. KoF XIV doesn't have my favourite ladies, i.e. Vanessa and Blue Mary (but it has Sylvie, lucky me). I mean, my FAVOURITE character from KoF, Terry Bogard, is in and I am more than sure that at some point there will be a DLC for SFV with Dudley and many other characters from 3rd Strike, I am not so sure about Blue Mary and Vanessa.

Saelune:

You can try Guilty Gear, Blazblue and/or new King of Fighters XIV. I've seen you expresing your dislike for Anime Fighters, so know that KoF is not it. Think of it as more complex, faster Street Fighter, where you must learn at least 3 characters. Also, it has smaller thimgs that difirentiate it from SF, like many types of jumps, running instead of dashing and characters having a lot of command normals. Heck, this new character Nelson (?) has only 2 specials and dozens of command normals.

Also, considering how varied (most) characters are, I am sure you'll find those three that you'll like.

Mister K:

Saelune:

You can try Guilty Gear, Blazblue and/or new King of Fighters XIV. I've seen you expresing your dislike for Anime Fighters, so know that KoF is not it. Think of it as more complex, faster Street Fighter, where you must learn at least 3 characters. Also, it has smaller thimgs that difirentiate it from SF, like many types of jumps, running instead of dashing and characters having a lot of command normals. Heck, this new character Nelson (?) has only 2 specials and dozens of command normals.

Also, considering how varied (most) characters are, I am sure you'll find those three that you'll like.

I have KoF 13 on Steam, but I cannot get into it. But its not because of why I don't like "anime" ones. I just cant find my groove in it. If I could figure out which characters I would like, I could probably get really into it, but there is a lot and its not clear every character's style. Any attempt to play online just gets me destroyed, and playing against NPCs isn't always the best for learning how the game works. If Guilty Gear goes on sale on Steam, I will likely try it out. BlazBlue though...I don't like what Ive played so far.

Oh I know, I just wanted to make a fighting thread here to.

Last post was suppose to be a proper reply to Glongpre but I forgot to hit the quote button.

Dreiko:

slo:

In BB speed vastly varies based on who you pick. Chars like Tager and Hakumen are slow defensive types while chars like Taokaka or Bang are agile chars with multiple airdashes like in melty and so on.

Exactly, Blazblue I am fond of in general, but back when it was my go to "new" game because Street Fighter IV was too slow, Soul Calibur IV too boring and guest character wank, and Marvel 3 being too silly. I sort of like the latter now and admittedly liked Ultra Street Fighter IV more than I want to admit even if I like ST, 3S, and V a lot more.
I always wanted to get into Guilty Gear but had a hard time attaching myself to it. I ended up just liking the feel of Blazblue a lot more and still do even though im behind on the games.

Saelune:

Mister K:

Saelune:

I have KoF 13 on Steam, but I cannot get into it. But its not because of why I don't like "anime" ones. I just cant find my groove in it. If I could figure out which characters I would like, I could probably get really into it, but there is a lot and its not clear every character's style. Any attempt to play online just gets me destroyed, and playing against NPCs isn't always the best for learning how the game works. If Guilty Gear goes on sale on Steam, I will likely try it out. BlazBlue though...I don't like what Ive played so far.

Getting destroyed online is part of the experience of getting better at fighting games. Learning what you did wrong and talking to better players about it. That said I do think its better to learn from a friend, or someone at a tournament or arcade because you can look face to face after the battle or at least talk while still playing and they can teach you a lot about what you did wrong and such. Technically you can still do that online, but not with random opponents and such. With that all you can do is watch replays for games that have that function, though KOF XIII's replay function has issues.
There appears to be a sale on Blazblue games on Steam right now for those interested.
As far as KOF or anything else, I am here to help if you or anyone else needs it.

Saelune:

Dreiko:

Saelune:

Funny because spectacle over depth is exactly why I am not a fan of NRS fighting games. To each world warrior her own though and I encourage different tastes and tolerance of such. I've had negative interest toward Mortal Kombat X since the game came out, but I admit I had a lot of fun during its online beta. I've always hated the term "anime fighter" because it goes in several different directions of what you could mean. Generally speaking though I do understand its the umbrella term for airdasher games yes, but I still do not like it. I don't know to me a fighting game is a fighting game, even with less conforming ones like Smash Bros but again I understand that stuff is subjective and a difference in opinion is fine.

One opinion between us that is definitely NOT a difference but a similarity is that the home version of Tekken 7 is taking too damn long to come out!

PurplePonyArcade:

Saelune:

Mister K:

Getting destroyed online is part of the experience of getting better at fighting games. Learning what you did wrong and talking to better players about it. That said I do think its better to learn from a friend, or someone at a tournament or arcade because you can look face to face after the battle or at least talk while still playing and they can teach you a lot about what you did wrong and such. Technically you can still do that online, but not with random opponents and such. With that all you can do is watch replays for games that have that function, though KOF XIII's replay function has issues.
There appears to be a sale on Blazblue games on Steam right now for those interested.
As far as KOF or anything else, I am here to help if you or anyone else needs it.

I find getting destroyed teaches you nothing. If I am just a punching bag, what do I learn? I need to be able to do something poorly first, and see the faults in my actions. Same with infinite combo things. Ive learned from failure and losing, but its because I had a basic idea of what was happening.

Saelune:

PurplePonyArcade:

Saelune:

I find getting destroyed teaches you nothing. If I am just a punching bag, what do I learn? I need to be able to do something poorly first, and see the faults in my actions. Same with infinite combo things. Ive learned from failure and losing, but its because I had a basic idea of what was happening.

Point taken. This is what I meant by the importance of meeting other players and watching replays. Apologies if I did not make that clear prior as I may have gotten lost writing several responses.

I love DoA, Darkstalkers and Smash.

I never liked MK or Tekken. KoF, Soul Calibur, MvC and some of the other odds and ends were okay. Didn't care for VF.

Darkstalkers and SF I used to like. But Darkstalkers hasn't gotten a new game in ages (even though it really should, but Capcom doesn't want something to compete with SF) and I got tired of SF constant roster changes and rapid iterations literally every year. SFIV was basically perfect, with my favorites (Ibuki and Cody) and then a new one I really liked (Juri). But then Ibuki and Juri didn't make the cut for SF:V's release and got added months later, along with it not coming to Xbox One made me skip it.

I still play Smash, but I'm god-fucking-awful at it. Dead or Alive is and has been my main fighting game for some time and my favorite. It's also probably the one fighting game I'm even halfway decent at.

Paragon Fury:
I love DoA, Darkstalkers and Smash.

I never liked MK or Tekken. KoF, Soul Calibur, MvC and some of the other odds and ends were okay. Didn't care for VF.

Darkstalkers and SF I used to like. But Darkstalkers hasn't gotten a new game in ages (even though it really should, but Capcom doesn't want something to compete with SF) and I got tired of SF constant roster changes and rapid iterations literally every year. SFIV was basically perfect, with my favorites (Ibuki and Cody) and then a new one I really liked (Juri). But then Ibuki and Juri didn't make the cut for SF:V's release and got added months later, along with it not coming to Xbox One made me skip it.

I still play Smash, but I'm god-fucking-awful at it. Dead or Alive is and has been my main fighting game for some time and my favorite. It's also probably the one fighting game I'm even halfway decent at.

Darkstalkers? We might just get along. No new game? Yeah, I don't trust the Ono led team anymore to produce anything other than wank. Then again I like Street Fighter V weirdly enough, moving on. Street Fighter IV is anything by perfect to me, but I did have my fair share of fun with it. While its said that there will be no new game in the IP anytime soon we still have what we have and Vampire Savior is what I still regard as my best fighting game of all time.~

Godawful? Well being good at Melee is no easy task, I love then game and I am pretty bad myself. It takes a lot of practice that not many can muster, but it is an incredible game to watch and learn the competitive ropes of.
Smash 4 on the other hand is a much easier beast and strange in its own right, but good. I have had way more fun with that game than I initially thought. Ever tried Brawlhalla or Rivals Of Aether? Both are pretty good fighting games from that mold which I am told we now call "platform fighter" or something, whatever. They are both fun games. Brawlhalla being a free-to-play game with a dull artstyle and mostly simpler execution make it seem dumb at first. However its oddly a really good game that is both fun and feels more made for competitive than Smash 4. Rivals Of Aether is almost purely competitive made being Melee or Project M with easier execution and original characters with a few mechanic changes and it a ton of fun to play and learn.
Dead Or Alive 5 is weirdly good and the expansions to Last Round only made things better. Even if the DLC in that game is insane to say the least.

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:

slo:

Exactly, Blazblue I am fond of in general, but back when it was my go to "new" game because Street Fighter IV was too slow, Soul Calibur IV too boring and guest character wank, and Marvel 3 being too silly. I sort of like the latter now and admittedly liked Ultra Street Fighter IV more than I want to admit even if I like ST, 3S, and V a lot more.
I always wanted to get into Guilty Gear but had a hard time attaching myself to it. I ended up just liking the feel of Blazblue a lot more and still do even though im behind on the games.

I have been a Bang main since CT and BB is the game I made the jump into the real fgc with, before that I was just a casual. I did get vanilla sf4 but ever since bb came out I never looked back. As for GG, I picked it up from my local community, as for a long time there was no netplay for it. Eventually they released AC on psn and revived it with Xrd though so now its pretty even.

I generally don't care for capcom games but random anime games like arcana heart or uniel are always fun to dabble with. UNIEL is kinda like anime KoF, and as close to that style of game I'll ever go.

Oh and I would generally avoid playin most fighters on PC if you wish to fight the good segment of the community. Ps3/4 is where its at. They tend to offer cross play between the consoles too.

Dreiko:

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:

I have been a Bang main since CT and BB is the game I made the jump into the real fgc with, before that I was just a casual. I did get vanilla sf4 but ever since bb came out I never looked back. As for GG, I picked it up from my local community, as for a long time there was no netplay for it. Eventually they released AC on psn and revived it with Xrd though so now its pretty even.

I generally don't care for capcom games but random anime games like arcana heart or uniel are always fun to dabble with. UNIEL is kinda like anime KoF, and as close to that style of game I'll ever go.

Oh and I would generally avoid playin most fighters on PC if you wish to fight the good segment of the community. Ps3/4 is where its at. They tend to offer cross play between the consoles too.

I have still moved to PC since we now thankfully live in an era where fighting games are on PC are a bit more common than usual, meaning at all. I've always been doing mostly Skullgirls lately and that community does seem a hint more active on PC.
It's also due to me being pretty uncomfortable with how consoles are right now. Though I will eventually get a Ps4. Either way I can't agree with you on avoiding PC. Ps3 is a great place for fighting games though and while its not my main platform anymore I am still fond of all the fighting games I have for mine. I have still been trying to get a few fighting titles for my Ps3 between actually finding and getting on an average check which isn't helped by the fact that I have also been looking at arcade boards and parts to go with what I already have. :)
Again to each their own, I tend to play every fighting game I get my hands on and of course I am no stranger to Capcom titles, one of my two favourite fighting games being one.
Now I have that vocal Bang theme stuck in my head..
The one character I played in Blazblue from the start to now is Nu and what a time for me to come back when she apparently just got nerfed from the top tier in the latest arcade edition of Central Fiction.

When half the games aren't at all on the system and the other half are the old, obsolete versions nobody plays any more, I don't know how you can reccomend the pc unless you wish to say a game is better just for being on pc even if it's dead or only play melty and touhou hisou lol.

And yeah, I don't have a ps4 either. PS3 has cross play and all the games I play are on it and I use a sixaxis. No reason to bother learning a new controller.

Oh and Bang has two vocal themes, when CP came out they gave him a new song, sung by his voice actor. Super hype :D. Nu is fine, just not S tier. They consolidated her zoning with a new pronectie that stays on the screen until you let the button go and then fires, think Litchi deploying her staff, she can use it for all sorts of stuff. The nerfs were basically to her silly long combos. She could get what ammouts to free rapid cancels with gravity seed in cpe. Her zoning is actually stronger.

Fighting Games have always been kind of a "when I'm in the mood" genre, and that mood strikes rarely, overall I generally only ever play about 2 fighting games per console generation, and never seriously, I mostly stick to playing them vs. AI, and what I personally look for in a fighting game is generally scoffed at by competitive players.

Case in point, my favorite of all time was Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for PS2. I loved the huge roster of characters, destrucible environments, rather simple combo executions, and the special moves bar. It also featured one of my favorite things in fighting games, unlockable extras. I appreciate a story mode campaign as well, but really what keeps me playing is unlocking things, something I sadly see DLC killing off quite readily.

I also enjoyed the auto-battle system, I would set up a 5 v 5 tag team match and bet on the outcome, it was rather entertaining like watching fights on the show. What made this particularly enjoyable, and really worked out well in part to some RPG elements thrown in was that the roster was NOT balanced, and some characters were vastly more powerful than others, but it made for interesting tag team combos, and if you got skilled enough, nothing was more thrilling than taking down a super powerful foe with a weak character.

Now if I could just find a more modern fighting game that had tons of unlockable extras, a large and varied roster, and maybe even a campaign or RPG elements, and basically just an overall setup that accommodates solo play, I'd happily buy that game, but I am skeptical if any such game exists.

aozgolo:

Now if I could just find a more modern fighting game that had tons of unlockable extras, a large and varied roster, and maybe even a campaign or RPG elements, and basically just an overall setup that accommodates solo play, I'd happily buy that game, but I am skeptical if any such game exists.

Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl.

PurplePonyArcade:
Oh I know, I just wanted to make a fighting thread here to.

Yea, totally.

I think you should ask for it to get stickied, or get a new forum going, where individual games can be discussed and it is less likely to be buried amidst the multitude of general questions in the gaming discussion forum.

Bring about an evolution to the Escapist forums!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here