Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 23 NEXT

Rev 2 is out, wee~

Cleared Answer's challenges. I was practicing stuff I've seen online and they were harder so it wasn't too much trouble clearing him. After 30 minutes I could do the basic bnb with little error. The super IAD route on standing will take a bit more work though.

Sin's new wallbounce routes remind me of Baiken's Dloops, only somewhat more finicky. Will have more fun discovering all the things he can do off of them now.

Dreiko:
Rev 2 is out, wee~

Cleared Answer's challenges. I was practicing stuff I've seen online and they were harder so it wasn't too much trouble clearing him. After 30 minutes I could do the basic bnb with little error. The super IAD route on standing will take a bit more work though.

Sin's new wallbounce routes remind me of Baiken's Dloops, only somewhat more finicky. Will have more fun discovering all the things he can do off of them now.

I'd say I am still waiting for the PC port but I am horribly broke anyway. I might get it later next week since it comes June first and I might not be busy then. I really do not have any interest in Baiken or Answer though.

Who did you play? Old chars are rebalanced and most have new moves etc.

Dreiko:

I'm actually surprised how easy they were. The only one that took more than 2 or 3 tries was the last one and it took me 5-10 minutes to hit it. Helped that I labbed him a lot in the demo. Wish they went a little further with some of them, honestly.

Sleepy Sol:

Dreiko:

I'm actually surprised how easy they were. The only one that took more than 2 or 3 tries was the last one and it took me 5-10 minutes to hit it. Helped that I labbed him a lot in the demo. Wish they went a little further with some of them, honestly.

They didn't have the IAD loops or anything utilizing his shuriken super in a practical way which was surprising. I guess he's too much in that new char space, his good challenges will come in the next version I guess lol.

Oh and no command grab rc one either. I bet most people won't figure out you gotta rc it early to keep standing.

Well finished Revelator 2 story and honestly thought it was really good much better than Xrds imo and Injustice 2s. Been messing around with Baiken a bit more as well think im getting the idea but still struggling a lot the Tking s is not consistent enough by far. Just had a quick mess around with her dustloops in the corner and they are actually pretty fun the air dash after the js and dust feels very weird to time at the moment I am just mashing it out when I hit D which is not a great way to do it and sometimes it still doesnt come out, need more testing really.

Definitely not much of a threat with her lol but will jump into some matches anyway otherwise its never gonna happen.

Wonder if we will ever get Gabriel as a playable character? Would also like to see Alexis playable but I think that is pretty far fetched especially when there are so many more likely characters to add first.

The airdash off of jD is a link but you have a lot of time before she can recover, you want to do it super late. Not done the r2 story yet so pls no spoilarz btw.

Gabriel is definitely a requested new char. Btw i'm online atm do if you wanna play a bit send me a psn message. I'm on ps3 so you'll have to host a specific-person type room btw (the one that asks you to enter a code, then you'll need to give me the code so I can find it).

Bump, Answer's SJ IAD loops are 80% perfected, can do the triple loop on Potemkin with ease, feels good man.

Hit me up for matches in the next 7~ hours if you're up for it! :D

Well I got killed lol cheers Dreiko your time was much appreciated maybe one day my Baiken will get 2 rounds :) (if we play 1000 sets maybe).

Nice to play a player who knows what they are doing and I can try and figure it out even if I fail. Also gotta say damn good netcode in Rev 2 that was a great connection and my internet is not the best either. Was hoping to get some practice online before but went on and damn its got a great online system search by region and beginner lobbies annnnnd no one is on like literally ghost town damn shame a quality game like that is being ignored so.

Hopefully get some more sets in the future.

Most people play in player rooms, the only populated lobby is the new england one (which incidentally is my actual location lol).

But yeah, was a lot of fun. The connection was definitely playable, I did mess up a few things here and there but it was solid for a low end one. If you fight someone closer to ya it'll only be better lol. Still figuring out a lot of Answer's stuff but the basic gameplan of fly all over the place and get knockdown and go to town is kinda there. Next time I'll show you some Sin and Jam and so on too.

Dreiko:
Rev 2 is out, wee~

Dreiko:

None of the characters I really want are around to this day. So I played Jam and Potemkin. Then I started playing Venom and Ramlethal as well. I still have an awkward time with Guilty Gear and years later still do not know if I even like it but the transitioning period has been less awkward than previous games.

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:
Rev 2 is out, wee~

Dreiko:

None of the characters I really want are around to this day. So I played Jam and Potemkin. Then I started playing Venom and Ramlethal as well. I still have an awkward time with Guilty Gear and years later still do not know if I even like it but the transitioning period has been less awkward than previous games.

Ok so, Ram got two new special moves which rekka into eachother and each require her having the respective sword on her, making her neutral better. They're doable in the air too. Jam can go into the H puffball from the S one, making her parry kick combos lead to oodles of damage, and her wall-punch kirin super is more consistent since it will always have the same timing for the followup regardless of hitstun decay, also her DP will trade less often. Pot can now charge his flick and his hamerfall is faster, so that means all of his pressure and mixups are better due to hamerfall break/yrc shenanigans, the input of trishula also changed, so that's more of a quality of life thing. Venom has an entirely new move for his 2H which acts less as an antiair and more as a ball hitting tool and he can now control how his balls ricochet off of eachother as he shoots them while in the past each shot would only ricochet in a set fashion, so he can do more intricate setplay.

I will give Injustice 2 credit for showing the frame data right in the special move section. It is not the first to do so(I think Killer Instinct is) but I do not want to be completely biased against the game so there is something to respect it for if little else.

PurplePonyArcade:
I will give Injustice 2 credit for showing the frame data right in the special move section. It is not the first to do so(I think Killer Instinct is) but I do not want to be completely biased against the game so there is something to respect it for if little else.

Injustice 2 actually does a lot very well except for the fighting part which is just ok in comparison to the competition (obv my opinion) and the DLC which is up there if not worse than Capcoms. Personally I think the combat would improve a bit if they changed how meter worked i.e get more for blocking specials have the distance you can make between characters less and reduce the clock. The other problems I have with it are harder to change without completely redoing it.

Where it really shines is presentation which honestly is really good. I still dont know why after giving all the characters different quips for intros and the clashes they still gave them one outro and no dialogue. little thing that really lets its down and is even more apparent with the effort they put into the rest of the presentation.

Still red hood soon everyone get your wallets out your not done paying for the game yet, plenty more cut pieces to sell back to ya. Wonder how big the game file will be this time after all 50 balance patches.

Maximum Bert:

PurplePonyArcade:

Injustice 2 actually does a lot very well except for the fighting part which is just ok in comparison to the competition (obv my opinion) and the DLC which is up there if not worse than Capcoms. Personally I think the combat would improve a bit if they changed how meter worked i.e get more for blocking specials have the distance you can make between characters less and reduce the clock. The other problems I have with it are harder to change without completely redoing it.

Where it really shines is presentation which honestly is really good. I still dont know why after giving all the characters different quips for intros and the clashes they still gave them one outro and no dialogue. little thing that really lets its down and is even more apparent with the effort they put into the rest of the presentation.

Still red hood soon everyone get your wallets out your not done paying for the game yet, plenty more cut pieces to sell back to ya. Wonder how big the game file will be this time after all 50 balance patches.

And by the time the final patch is out Mortal Kombat 11 will be announced. That or new DLC characters.

Tekken 7 can now be pre-loaded. If you backed Them's Fightin' Herds do not forget to check your email to sign up to get your code for the rough Alpha.

disapointed i got rev2 update and still have to buy dizzy/kum. I wanted to try dizzy with package. surprised theres more story which is always good. and it doesnt seem like you have to relearn many new combos.

Apparently only the disc version comes with Dizzy and Kum. The upgrade still counts as being just a dlc patch for rev1 so of course this one dlc won't give you the other dlc for free.

How many combos you gotta relearn varies by char. Sin's entire air ender routes got reworked for one. Others like Sol are mostly the same.

Hey does anyone have any more advanced pressure chains for Terumi in BlazBlue CF? It's sad that even just a few seconds of Barrier Block pushes him out of effective range, I tend to fish for Fatal Counters with 6B first but it's really slow, albeit can only be touched by mids since it dodges highs and is invulnerable to lows and throws and is plus on block but in CF I don't catch as many people as I did in CPEX with it. The fact that the new overhead can only combo with Rapid Cancel/super cancel is dumb too, even on Counter hit. The low into j2D kinda works sometimes but the damage off that starter is fairly weak compared to your average Terumi combo. 5C being so easy to OD punish doesn't help either and the command grab is still garbage.

I'm catching people with the 6B block >continued string into 6B feint into throw, especially on Hakumen "The D Spam God" players though. Terumi's pressure feels so weak compared to even some of the mid tier characters. Is 4D more than just combo filler maybe? He can run people over if you get some momentum going but like... welcome to BlazBlue? Everyone can do that. I'm getting more success with raw 6C than in CPEX now which is downright bizarre, Naoto charging his unblockable in easy 6C range and Susan hitting unseal in my face is a free Counter hit and I have no idea why people think they can get away with it. Counter hit 6C combos are no fucking joke in CF.

God, did they have to destroy Messenga's I-frames. It's ok combo filler now but is mostly there to catch people trying to chip you with projectiles, especially shit like Susan's projectile or Nine's downright unfair overhead. Overdrive Messenga to catch fullscreen projectiles is pretty much it for Messenga now. I mean it gets you 7k damage if you land it but still, i'd like the utility of being the best super in the entire game back.

Also Hazama's kick super got nerfed again. Every single edition of BB, the move has taken a hit. ArcSys why?

Terumi just needs to repeatedly hit microdas 5B which is +2 on block and that's infinite pressure as long as you have your microdash link timing down. As for mixup, he has an overhead special now so that's what you wanna go for. Messenga doesn't really need to be invuln since he also has soutenjin, they just wanted him to not get a full combo off of an invincible move so they made it like carnage scissors. 4D is a combo filler basically yeah, as for 6C, nobody good ought to be getting hit by that raw. Doing raw 6C is only worthwhile when you rc it (after they obviously block it) and go for a mixup off of the rc, it's not a thing you throw out and hope it actually hits, if anything I'd take that as a sign of disrespect and promptly fatal your ass, since it's just that punishable on block XD. If you wanna punish something as idiotic as Susanoou hitting 4D in front of you, just 6B fatal into OD into 6B>charged CT>full combo...and I kinda don't even wanna comment at Naoto just charging his guard crush in neutral in a predictable fashion lmao.

Oh and messenga never was close to being the best super in the game, if you wanna look at back in the olden times, black hole literally made Kokonoe boardelrine broken lol. It was just your average invincible super. Also, don't forget in CF we got exceed accels, they want us to use them so they took out invuln off of a lot of things like houtenjin and whatnot, though houtenjin always would die to meaty grabs anyways.

PurplePonyArcade:
Tekken 7 can now be pre-loaded. If you backed Them's Fightin' Herds do not forget to check your email to sign up to get your code for the rough Alpha.

Going to be playing Tekken 7 tonight :) hopefully the online is good (and people are playing). Did not know about thems fighting herds so thanks for the heads up I think I backed it, been so long I cannot remember although I am not sure I will bother for an alpha may just wait until its finished.

Be nice to play a new 3D fighter for a change. DOA5 was the last one which was and is awesome (terrible netcode tho). Great time to be a fighting game fan atm well unless you just like Capcom games.

Anyone see the supposed leak list for MVCI? If its true ho boy is that a disappointing lineup.

It sounds to be reliable, as far as leaks go anyways. Them removing Amaterasu ought to bring divine punishment on their sale rates.

Well did not get to play online yet just decided to try the story mode and well its not great certainly better than something like SFV or SCV (yeah low benchmarks I know) and it does have some nice scenes but its pretty badly written and I honestly wonder who did the editing some of transitioning is really bad.

I would compare it to DOA5 in story regards with less fun fights but a more interesting central premise. I dont want to spoil it but there basically ends up being a whole lot of nothing with only 1 character given any sort of development. I wanted to know more on Kazumi as I thought she could be a very interesting character story wise but she was completely wasted. As for Akuma they did put a little effort into him being there but it feels very shoehorned in.

Gotta say though they go absolutely nuts on the difficulty I had to turn it down to easy at the end for the gimmick fights and use easy special moves to even stand a chance and I still died over and over again simply because I did not know the gimmick and if you cant figure the counter out to the guy suddenly gaining infinite armour and becoming immune to throws you die.

Also the special chapter boss gimmick yeah just why? why namco? not very fun fights at all would have much rather watched a fmv showing me how epic they become rather than face ridiculous bosses that break the rules of the game. I just wish these types of bosses were relegated to history. Worse part is with this fight other than it being very frustrating is that when you win there is one final gimmick which you are given approximately 1.5 seconds to figure out and if you dont do what the game wants in that time you die and its back to the start of the fight with unskippable intro again. Actually had to look up what it wanted me to do online.

Anyway rant over gonna play a bit more tommorow. The gameplay is good at least (from my scrubby perspective) but I want to get online and start playing (and losing to) real people rather than the AI. Think I will be playing this and Rev 2 anyway as my fighters for the forseeable future.

Also minor gripe with a lot of fighters with rebind able keys why can I not rebind the same attack to multiple buttons? Hardly a deal breaker but it would be helpful sometimes.

On a positive note Kazumis tigers are still fun to throw about :)

Ok so had a bit more time with Tekken 7 just did the character stories basically think old arcade enders because that is what they are. You get a paragraph or two at the start on the character to roughly set the scene rather than tell you anything about the character and then it is 1 fight (yes 1 fight) then a cutscene. Blew through them all pretty fast.

One the one hand I am glad there are no BS bosses I have to defeat especially with characters I have no interest in playing as beyond seeing the CS but on the other it doesnt feel very satisfying to just fight one match. Regardless gotta admit some of the endings did make me smile in how ridiculous they are just like past Tekken games while others are pretty boring but its always been like that. Lucky Chloe is actually a whole lot more likeable in these cutscenes and pokes fun at the idol persona and way of life in a cliche but enjoyable way.

For 2d players especially in the vein of something like SF, Akuma (obv) and Eliza will likely feel a lot more comfortable for you with Eliza in particular feeling very fun. Much more than she did in Tekken Revolution.

So ran through a few moves with Kazumi in practice mode and was surprised she only has about 50 odd which feels very small but it suits me fine makes it much easier to memorise what I think are key ones. Also got one simple combo down but honestly atm not bothering to much with combos want to work on learning to hit people and get what move I want when first.

So went online and its damn near impossible to get a match. Looks like there are plenty of people playing but it almost always loses connection before you can even get into a match. After about 15 in a row I gave up and have decided to wait for a patch.

The customisation items are also a bit disappointing. Its fine just like Injustice 2s is fine (Tekkens is sillier) but its a far cry from something like SCIV and Vs which I absolutely loved and just want a game to take it to the next level i.e allow us more control over the hair, faces and body. Of course they wouldnt be able to go to crazy because of the hitbox issues unless they are fine with it looking weird i.e a high attack flooring your midget when it goes two feet over his head.

Like the game want to play more but online is busted right now and requires work arounds for most people.

Still grinding out Answer stuff here. I got a 220 damage combo from 5P so that's good for now I guess. :p

Btw I should be on for a few hours from now so hit me up for games whenever~

Maximum Bert:
Ok so had a bit more time with Tekken 7 just did the character stories basically think old arcade enders because that is what they are. You get a paragraph or two at the start on the character to roughly set the scene rather than tell you anything about the character and then it is 1 fight (yes 1 fight) then a cutscene. Blew through them all pretty fast.

One the one hand I am glad there are no BS bosses I have to defeat especially with characters I have no interest in playing as beyond seeing the CS but on the other it doesnt feel very satisfying to just fight one match. Regardless gotta admit some of the endings did make me smile in how ridiculous they are just like past Tekken games while others are pretty boring but its always been like that. Lucky Chloe is actually a whole lot more likeable in these cutscenes and pokes fun at the idol persona and way of life in a cliche but enjoyable way.

For 2d players especially in the vein of something like SF, Akuma (obv) and Eliza will likely feel a lot more comfortable for you with Eliza in particular feeling very fun. Much more than she did in Tekken Revolution.

So ran through a few moves with Kazumi in practice mode and was surprised she only has about 50 odd which feels very small but it suits me fine makes it much easier to memorise what I think are key ones. Also got one simple combo down but honestly atm not bothering to much with combos want to work on learning to hit people and get what move I want when first.

So went online and its damn near impossible to get a match. Looks like there are plenty of people playing but it almost always loses connection before you can even get into a match. After about 15 in a row I gave up and have decided to wait for a patch.

The customisation items are also a bit disappointing. Its fine just like Injustice 2s is fine (Tekkens is sillier) but its a far cry from something like SCIV and Vs which I absolutely loved and just want a game to take it to the next level i.e allow us more control over the hair, faces and body. Of course they wouldnt be able to go to crazy because of the hitbox issues unless they are fine with it looking weird i.e a high attack flooring your midget when it goes two feet over his head.

Like the game want to play more but online is busted right now and requires work arounds for most people.

I am sure it is I just have the wrong mindset for it. For one I could care less about online in general since I play fighting games offline with friends mostly. The other things I have played online. I have just never actively sought out opponents so I cannot fully understand you pain. I was invited by a Steam friend to play with others and matches went pretty damn smooth.

PurplePonyArcade:
*snip*I am sure it is I just have the wrong mindset for it. For one I could care less about online in general since I play fighting games offline with friends mostly. The other things I have played online. I have just never actively sought out opponents so I cannot fully understand you pain. I was invited by a Steam friend to play with others and matches went pretty damn smooth.

Some of us are not so lucky to have rl friends who want to play fighters :). My friends are either totally indifferent to them for the most part or actively loathe them. This is a shame as offline couch vs is by far my favourite way of playing its just happens only once in a blue moon nowadays.

One of my friends has a switch and wants to play SSF2T (well the ripoff new version) with me which while I think SF2 lost its way when it went super I am more than happy to do however unless he has improved immensely I dont think we will be playing long basically because he has no interest in getting better (which is fine) and just wants a knock about but that tends not to work when the skill levels are so imbalanced. I am not a good SF2 player by competitive standards (terrible actually) but I am pretty confident I can beat the average joe due to how many hours I player the world warrior, championship edition and Turbo back in the day.

EDIT: well did not get to play any games tonight darn it wanted to get some Rev 2 practice in but amusingly I got up to Yaksha rank in Tekken 7 with Katarina without playing a single match simply put the contrller on turbo with the X button. I ofc am not doing this for rank with that character because I dont care about that but I am doing it to get money for stupid cosmetic stuff while I am at work.

So yeah you want easy grind money in T7 choose Katarina and treasure battle and turbo that X button. It seems the comp finally has ghosts that can beat that tactic around that rank which tbh is a fairly high rank especially for doing something so stupid. Luckily it downgraded me so the X button is winning again now huzzah.

Another piece of info I heard is that data with the letter MRY has been discovered for the first DLC character (on disc DLC?) and more importantly they are working to resolve connection issues especially on PS4 so hopefully that is not to long away. I hope its not the Capcom looking into it approach and 18 months later its still broke (for me at least).

Maximum Bert:

PurplePonyArcade:
*snip*I am sure it is I just have the wrong mindset for it. For one I could care less about online in general since I play fighting games offline with friends mostly. The other things I have played online. I have just never actively sought out opponents so I cannot fully understand you pain. I was invited by a Steam friend to play with others and matches went pretty damn smooth.

Some of us are not so lucky to have rl friends who want to play fighters :). My friends are either totally indifferent to them for the most part or actively loathe them. This is a shame as offline couch vs is by far my favourite way of playing its just happens only once in a blue moon nowadays.

One of my friends has a switch and wants to play SSF2T (well the ripoff new version) with me which while I think SF2 lost its way when it went super I am more than happy to do however unless he has improved immensely I dont think we will be playing long basically because he has no interest in getting better (which is fine) and just wants a knock about but that tends not to work when the skill levels are so imbalanced. I am not a good SF2 player by competitive standards (terrible actually) but I am pretty confident I can beat the average joe due to how many hours I player the world warrior, championship edition and Turbo back in the day.

EDIT: well did not get to play any games tonight darn it wanted to get some Rev 2 practice in but amusingly I got up to Yaksha rank in Tekken 7 with Katarina without playing a single match simply put the contrller on turbo with the X button. I ofc am not doing this for rank with that character because I dont care about that but I am doing it to get money for stupid cosmetic stuff while I am at work.

So yeah you want easy grind money in T7 choose Katarina and treasure battle and turbo that X button. It seems the comp finally has ghosts that can beat that tactic around that rank which tbh is a fairly high rank especially for doing something so stupid. Luckily it downgraded me so the X button is winning again now huzzah.

Another piece of info I heard is that data with the letter MRY has been discovered for the first DLC character (on disc DLC?) and more importantly they are working to resolve connection issues especially on PS4 so hopefully that is not to long away. I hope its not the Capcom looking into it approach and 18 months later its still broke (for me at least).

Honestly I am nowhere near as aggressive towards Ultra Street Fighter II as I should be. Maybe its because I am used to physical games being a questionable status nowadays or how I know they cost more to do. Personally I think its more along the line of me not being able to find or afford a Switch and being more displeased with Nintendo than Capcom for once. I really want the game though.

Unfortunate that there are issues with matchmaking.

I did not expect this thread to last long and appreciate people keeping it alive. Although it is more or less the same few people I hope those who come here have found something that helps or interests them related to fighting games.

Considering finally getting a korean joystick to experiment with. I only used one once and it had a weird yet interesting feel.

PurplePonyArcade:
I did not expect this thread to last long and appreciate people keeping it alive. Although it is more or less the same few people I hope those who come here have found something that helps or interests them related to fighting games.

I can keep entire fighting game boards alive by sheer force of will, a puny thread is no problem! Toh! :D

(btw anyone up for rev 2 matches, I'm on again, hit me up :D)

Dreiko:

(btw anyone up for rev 2 matches, I'm on again, hit me up :D)

I will be at some point but pretty busy atm hopefully I will get some practice in on sunday at least. Gotta practice T7 and play more of Tears of Tiara 2 sometime as well just not enough hours in the day.

I tried to punish Answers teleport stuff in the move tutorial section they have but I cannot get it consistently it says to blitz shield but that pushes em pretty far away and none of my moves (that I can see) will hit before he recovers even tried just guarding the last hit I dunno I am obviously doing something wrong. If he ends with the sweep I can blitz that and punish with a Kick but lost on the standing hit ender.

You played the story yet?

EDIT: Ok got a brief stint of practice and feeling a bit more confident on her dustloops although I can only get 2 reps atm whereas I know you should be able to get more without the roman cancel. Looks like they do a slash and then more reps but there must be more to it than that as I cannot get it going at all.

Also went back to her basic combos and finished em yay. Not feeling up to the advanced ones yet but she is slowly feeling a bit more comfortable. Ofc it will all go out the window again when I face someone like yourself lol but all part of the process.

Oh went fishing and got Elphelts Sign costume in the second cast :)

Can we talk about ARMS on here?

RaikuFA:

Of course!
It's a fighting game after all. Though one I have not played.

PurplePonyArcade:

RaikuFA:

Of course!
It's a fighting game after all. Though one I have not played.

I dipped my toe in it and I loved it. It was more like Punch Out/Technoboxer (one of the few decent Virtual Boy games) but I've heard Nintendo wants it to be at places like EVO. I just hope we don't get a "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" situation with this.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here