Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 23 NEXT

RaikuFA:

PurplePonyArcade:

RaikuFA:
Can we talk about ARMS on here?

Of course!
It's a fighting game after all. Though one I have not played.

I dipped my toe in it and I loved it. It was more like Punch Out/Technoboxer (one of the few decent Virtual Boy games) but I've heard Nintendo wants it to be at places like EVO. I just hope we don't get a "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" situation with this.

I hope that's not an insult because I quite like competitive Melee. However I think they will balance competitive and casual well like they did with Smash 4. Now the question of if it will stick with either crowd remains to be answered.

RaikuFA:

*snip* Nintendo wants it to be at places like EVO. I just hope we don't get a "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" situation with this.

Really? I am actually surprised if that is the case seeing as how they temporarily tried to shut down Smash at Evo a while ago. Also I will have you know I have also seen Jigglypuff in melee :). Where did you see it reported they said that or hear them say it?

As for Arms I am actually pretty interested in it and am hoping my friend who has a switch gets it so I can have a go. I am hoping its a robust release and doesnt follow something like SFV or to a slightly lesser extent T7. From what I have seen while you can play it without motion controls you cannot do things like move and curve punches without them so will be interesting to see how things go if it develops a scene and if its good I hope it does.

Pokken Tournament is coming to switch as well with new characters. I assume it is a port of the updated arcade version.

Gundam Vs is out soon as well in Japan and Asian regions but should hit worldwide near the end of the year so I will be looking out for that also.

Maximum Bert:

RaikuFA:

*snip* Nintendo wants it to be at places like EVO. I just hope we don't get a "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" situation with this.

Really? I am actually surprised if that is the case seeing as how they temporarily tried to shut down Smash at Evo a while ago. Also I will have you know I have also seen Jigglypuff in melee :). Where did you see it reported they said that or hear them say it?

It's mainly a joke against people who act hardcore when it comes to Smash. I just hope we don't get that type of douchbaggery with this game.

Ok, with the state of SF5 (pro gamers all complaining about it) and how Tekken 7 dropped... Do you think Tekken can finally try to seriously attack SF5 for top billing?

I'm enjoying Tekken. I'm screaming to my laptop while I'm learning my kicking Twins (Hwoarang and Katarina), loving seeing a Raven done right, and loving the simplicity of Josie. In the four hours I've played, I've had more hours of fun with Tekken than the thirty plus I dropped in SF5.

Given the scores of disdainful comments found online, do you think we'll see EVO this year with Tekken and SF finally neck and neck? Will Street Fighter remain top billing due to ceremony? Or can a previously unthinkable upset occur this July during Evo?

I think tekken has always been dominant in sales and favored by the casuals that compose the majority of fighter purchasers, including my younger self, whereas the competitive scene has been kinda dead outside of Korea and Japan, with games like Killer Instinct coming out of the grave they've been in for decades and surpassing it. If that will change, it's gonna do so out of the efforts of the fans of the series in building their scene, not through osmosis. If you wanna help that along, I can't stress enough how you should support your local scene and go to regionals when possible. Attendance = more attention.

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko:

(btw anyone up for rev 2 matches, I'm on again, hit me up :D)

I will be at some point but pretty busy atm hopefully I will get some practice in on sunday at least. Gotta practice T7 and play more of Tears of Tiara 2 sometime as well just not enough hours in the day.

I tried to punish Answers teleport stuff in the move tutorial section they have but I cannot get it consistently it says to blitz shield but that pushes em pretty far away and none of my moves (that I can see) will hit before he recovers even tried just guarding the last hit I dunno I am obviously doing something wrong. If he ends with the sweep I can blitz that and punish with a Kick but lost on the standing hit ender.

You played the story yet?

EDIT: Ok got a brief stint of practice and feeling a bit more confident on her dustloops although I can only get 2 reps atm whereas I know you should be able to get more without the roman cancel. Looks like they do a slash and then more reps but there must be more to it than that as I cannot get it going at all.

Also went back to her basic combos and finished em yay. Not feeling up to the advanced ones yet but she is slowly feeling a bit more comfortable. Ofc it will all go out the window again when I face someone like yourself lol but all part of the process.

Oh went fishing and got Elphelts Sign costume in the second cast :)

I have decided to wait for the other bits of the story to come out since I remember the cliffhanger ending rev 1 storymode stops at (in the part where Sol and That Man argue about the past) so I wanna kinda play it all in one go when it is all out. Supposedly there's gonna be 2 more things coming out.

If you mean about his counter (where after he counters he teleports and divestomps you), you can blitz that without holding down the input and then as soon as he has been parried you recover instantly and are free to dash or jump after him. You don't need to hold it down for the blitz attack when you can just combo normally which does more damage. The blitz attack is for the chicken game you play if they have meter to blitz you back or for blitzing multi-hit stuff but for single hits just parrying and doing a normal combo is better.

Baiken gets 4 reps, if the slash isn't comboing, after, you're either doing it too late or you're taking too much time so they are not as high as they ought to be by that part in the combo. Note, btw, that char-weight differs so how exactly you get the extended part of combos will vary and you'll have to mess around and figure out char specific tricks. I don't myself main Baiken nor have I grinded her yet so I just know you wanna try basic stuff on someone with an average hitbox like Ky and then once you have something that works on Ky, try and do it against other chars. That way, you'll know if you're doing it right, so then you can deduce it's not you messing up but the char hitbox that requires you adjust something somewhere.

This quest of optimization is what I'm doing for Answer too, and for me it's hella fun :D.

RaikuFA:

Maximum Bert:

RaikuFA:

It's mainly a joke against people who act hardcore when it comes to Smash. I just hope we don't get that type of douchbaggery with this game.

That's a fair point but with Smash particularly the casual fanbase is just as cancerous banging on about how competitive Melee is wrong and other nonsense. Again I just wish people can accept the fact that people want to play their game's however they want. Nintendo sure did and thats why Smash 4 ended up with casual and competitive taste in mind. However I am aware that every crowd will have it's douchebags and so one must adjust to it.

ObsidianJones:
Ok, with the state of SF5 (pro gamers all complaining about it) and how Tekken 7 dropped... Do you think Tekken can finally try to seriously attack SF5 for top billing?

I'm enjoying Tekken. I'm screaming to my laptop while I'm learning my kicking Twins (Hwoarang and Katarina), loving seeing a Raven done right, and loving the simplicity of Josie. In the four hours I've played, I've had more hours of fun with Tekken than the thirty plus I dropped in SF5.

Given the scores of disdainful comments found online, do you think we'll see EVO this year with Tekken and SF finally neck and neck? Will Street Fighter remain top billing due to ceremony? Or can a previously unthinkable upset occur this July during Evo?

Obviously no because even with Street Fighter in the bad state its in it will hold on pretty well. Going to take a few more fucks ups from Capcom to change that. Street Fighter will never leave Evo and that is a fact. Smash might or might not get enough people to rival it like it almost did last year but I have no clue. If you really want Tekken to rise up in the west so much the best solution is to give free plane rides to koreans. Either way this is a good time for Tekken in the west right now and that is a nice change of things and will continue if Tekken's sales figures stay decent.

Maximum Bert:

RaikuFA:

As for Arms I am actually pretty interested in it and am hoping my friend who has a switch gets it so I can have a go. I am hoping its a robust release and doesnt follow something like SFV or to a slightly lesser extent T7. From what I have seen while you can play it without motion controls you cannot do things like move and curve punches without them so will be interesting to see how things go if it develops a scene and if its good I hope it does.

Pokken Tournament is coming to switch as well with new characters. I assume it is a port of the updated arcade version.

Gundam Vs is out soon as well in Japan and Asian regions but should hit worldwide near the end of the year so I will be looking out for that also.

It is the arcade version with a new character, decidueye. Not the first gen 7 pokemon I would have wanted I am afraid but hey it is not in-shi er I mean incineroar so I cannot complain.

Great news that may actually end up pulling the rug from me and leaving me bitterly disappointed.

Dissidia is coming to PS4 early 2018 (so prob November time) apparently we will get over 20 playable characters which I would damn well hope honestly its a game where roster size and diversity will matter hugely. As a fan of some FF games and fighting games in general I rushed out and bought Dissidia on my PSP and 10 hours later was pretty let down. Then Duodecim came out and Tifa was in it so bought that one and played for a few hundred hours and loved it even went back and finished the first one.

But all the time I was playing I just thought I wish I was playing this on a home console so yeah I was pretty hype when it was announced and I will be playing it in Japanese arcades in a few weeks time :).

However Tifa is still not in in which is a huge blow for me they are making the game I want (in concept at least) but do not have my favourite video game character of all time in....yet. If she is announced well I think I will actually get pretty hype. Will be weird to feel that way after so long.

Apparently the arcade version will still get updates and they will exist side by side not as competitors so I assume they will keep adding to arcade and then eventually port them over to PS4 or sell us an updated game. There is talk of a full single player campaign but since the story was naff last time I am not expecting much.

I feel this is one fighter they could potentially add characters to for a very long time and not in a contrived way whether they will price them well is another thing. Ofc means nothing if its a bad game.

If I enjoy the game and Tifa is in it then I will be playing the hell out of this if she is not in it then it wont be anywhere near as much. Noctis will be in apparently but thats not exactly a seller for me as I am completely indifferent to him.

On a side note that amuses me my X turbo button controller Katarina on T7 is now Tekken God Prime rank aka the highest rank you can get lol. Think I am going to enter the controller at tourneys will register it as Xturbonator :)

EDIT: If you play enough battles in T7 the game unlocks everything for you just had the game do it after a notification dont know the required amount but I had 1603 wins at that point. Note I do mean everything even things that are locked behind character usage rates and tournament wins as well as rank. Nice feature.

PurplePonyArcade:

ObsidianJones:

Obviously no because even with Street Fighter in the bad state its in it will hold on pretty well. Going to take a few more fucks ups from Capcom to change that. Street Fighter will never leave Evo and that is a fact. Smash might or might not get enough people to rival it like it almost did last year but I have no clue. If you really want Tekken to rise up in the west so much the best solution is to give free plane rides to koreans. Either way this is a good time for Tekken in the west right now and that is a nice change of things and will continue if Tekken's sales figures stay decent.

I'm not saying sf5 will leave. But I'm asking if it's possible that Tekken can rally to levels of popularity meeting or exceeding sf, even if just for a few evos

ObsidianJones:

PurplePonyArcade:

ObsidianJones:

I'm not saying sf5 will leave. But I'm asking if it's possible that Tekken can rally to levels of popularity meeting or exceeding sf, even if just for a few evos

Outside of Korean I cannot say. So long as Namco keeps the game updated and fixed and people remain interested enough it in to keep sales good then maybe. That really is hard to say because Capcom keeps pumping out content for Street Fighter V constantly and it fails to do much for it. So I can see something overtaking Street Fighter V for western popularity I just do not know if Tekken can do it. Personally I do not mind which game does it if it happens as long as it is not a NetherRealm game and I still see Smash as the most likely even with the great divide between Melee and 4.

Haven't played duodecim but I did put over 500 hours in original Dissidia so I am looking forward to this finally hitting consoles. I'll Renzokuken some fools online without having to use the horrible psp-through-ps3 netplay configuration that lags like a mofo.

Wee, coming up with new combos on a new char is fun.

If anyone has stuff like this to share, feel free! Seeing new exciting things is the best part about fighters.

Another part of the Rev2 storymode just became available. Just 1 more to go and then I can finally start it :D.

Wow, quadrapost but it's important hehe!

So, Arcsys is apparently making a 3v3 2.5D Dragonball fighting game!

https://agd.s-ul.eu/givvDIoZ

It seems to be using Xrd-style graphics, which are perfect for this job.

Dreams do come true. Wee~

i recall arc made an old dbz game on gba which was pretty awesome.

So I really wish Rev 2 was out on Xbox One. Just watched Maximilian's Baiken Arcade playthrough;

"100 pounds? My ass. There's 50 in each tit.

This is the kinda game that sells systems imo. I can't think of an x1 exclueive that's worth owning a system for over Rev2 anyhow. :p

I wouldnt call R2 a system seller by itself, but ps systems always have games that I prefer, i can make a list, of exclusives I like(obviously biased because of my tastes. with all the games together, it pretty much ads up to being a system seller.

fighters ps4
bbcf
nitroplus blasterz
ggxrd R2
Chaos Code NSOC

non fighters
persona 5
project diva series
senran kagura series
Nier Automata
Hypderdimension neptunia series

now games I would get on xb1, that I can't play
forza horizon
forza 6
thats all I can think of, since i'm also a car fan

back on topic of fighters. Learning Tekken 7 a little. it seems really basic in a way, but so different from other fighters I play. and seems like mainly slow and lots of reads, which I haven't learned yet.
finding online matches can be pretty brutal because of the system. I'll pbly see if i have time to play R2 more, and watch story sometime

My thinking is that while it might not be a system seller by itself, if you are willing to buy an X1 but yet don't have a ps4, what exactly do you find on an X1 that you'd want more than rev 2? I can't think of anything outside of the sadly canceled scalebound lol.

xb1 is more for shooter fans. you can play all its games on a decent pc, with more controller support. for fighting games, they have mkx, injustice, ki, which i dont give a shit about.

K-sha:
xb1 is more for shooter fans. you can play all its games on a decent pc, with more controller support. for fighting games, they have mkx, injustice, ki, which i dont give a shit about.

Shooters are multiplat though. Is the controller better for them or something? I'm kinda keyboard-mouse only for the few shooters I've played, mainly tf2.

All these fighters are also multiplat. KI is the one that originally was exclusive but it's out on pc now too. Still, would one really pick KI over Xrd?

Dreiko:
My thinking is that while it might not be a system seller by itself, if you are willing to buy an X1 but yet don't have a ps4, what exactly do you find on an X1 that you'd want more than rev 2? I can't think of anything outside of the sadly canceled scalebound lol.

Aside from the normal reasons; almost all fighting games have been on both Xbox and Playstation almost equally until very recently. Street Fighter, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Dead or Alive, Tekken etc..

It was only recently that for some reason it was decided that Xbox wasn't good enough for some games (Street Fighter V, BB: Central Fiction, Rev 2 etc.) while making some bizarre choices (BB: Central Fiction is out on Switch for example).

I still love that SFV isn't out on Xbox One, despite the fact that it's been shown that SFV's native platform and inputs are the Xbox One and the PS4/PC came later and that for SFIV Xbox 360 was the defacto platform.

ps systems always had more fighting games in general, since it always sold better. i think some versions of p4u might of been ps3 exclusive. I dont think uniel got a 360 release. ah3lm never got released on 360 as well. I'm pretty sure some versions of blazblue were not released on 360. I haven't really checked, but I'm pretty sure Dengeki bunko, and pretty much every examu game except original AH3 were not released on any xb consoles.
reason being they never sold well in comparison, and community really lacks. there's also complaints of how bad 360 controller was, and i doubt xb1 improved it much, if any. not everyone wants to buy arcade sticks or 2nd hand controllers.

Dreiko:
Still, would one really pick KI over Xrd?

who knows? I don't understand how you can like sf over xrd, or any airdasher, but it's popular.

Paragon Fury:

Dreiko:

Aside from the normal reasons; almost all fighting games have been on both Xbox and Playstation almost equally until very recently. Street Fighter, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Dead or Alive, Tekken etc..

It was only recently that for some reason it was decided that Xbox wasn't good enough for some games (Street Fighter V, BB: Central Fiction, Rev 2 etc.) while making some bizarre choices (BB: Central Fiction is out on Switch for example).

I still love that SFV isn't out on Xbox One, despite the fact that it's been shown that SFV's native platform and inputs are the Xbox One and the PS4/PC came later and that for SFIV Xbox 360 was the defacto platform.

First of all, SF5 is a joke, from coming out with less content as a full retail game than the Rev 1 DEMO, to installing mallware to your PC, to having 8f of lag and so on, so anything I hear about that one can't surprise me any more XD.

Now, on the main crux, I just have a different definition of "recently", because I remember BBCP not coming out for Xbox 360 and all of my local scene people who were playing on Xbox buying ps3s back before the X1 was even released, in something like 2013-14. That's 3+ years ago. I wouldn't call it recently if it predates the X1's own release, you know.

There's no BB out on switch currently, they just announced that it may go there in the future, but it likely won't be CF but rather a newer BB or maybe not even a mainline BB game at all but a spinoff like Xblaze.

Ultimately, my initial point remains, even if it is somewhat recent, the situation is as it is, so not just getting a ps4 but instead getting an X1 makes no sense under these conditions. I get it when you already own the system and the game is originally on it but then it stops being on it, but here Xrd never came out on it at all. Shouldn't that have factored in your decision of what system to buy, as a fan of these games? Like, what other exclusive was there that surpasses them, exactly?

Just hoping that it may be brought to the system cause it once was there didn't make sense when people were asking for FF7 to come out on the N64 because all the other ones were on the NES/SNES and is doesn't make sense now either XD.

Going online on rev2 for a bunch of hours, psn message me for games whenever~

K-sha:
*snip*
back on topic of fighters. Learning Tekken 7 a little. it seems really basic in a way, but so different from other fighters I play. and seems like mainly slow and lots of reads, which I haven't learned yet.
finding online matches can be pretty brutal because of the system. I'll pbly see if i have time to play R2 more, and watch story sometime

Are you on PS4? if so we can add each other and maybe get a few matches in if you like although fair warning I dont get to play much and im not exactly that good, Dreiko will testify to both points I am sure :). Still need to get back on Rev 2 as well.

Im trying to (slowly) learn Kazumi on T7 and Baiken in Rev 2 anyway.

Ofc everyone here has now heard about the awesome looking new DBZ game by Arc coming out and Dissidia by Square and Team Ninja but there is also one called Blade Strangers which sorta came out of nowhere.

Looks nice in a basic kinda way if a little yanky but hopefully that is smoothed out. Apparently its made by the people who made Blade Arcus which is a game I actually quite like despite its obvious low budget and glaring omission of online play on PS4. It had a nice basic feel that reminded me of SF2 even if it was pretty unbalanced.

Talk about niche though lol still fair play more fighters is never a bad thing especially if its good. Still blows my mind we get games like this but cannot get a new Darkstalkers lol also where is that new Soul Calibur game and the updated UNIEL game?

I am interested in Blade Stranges. I just hope that PC port news is true. Also welcome back thread.

Maximum Bert:

K-sha:
*snip*

Are you on PS4? if so we can add each other and maybe get a few matches in if you like although fair warning I dont get to play much and im not exactly that good, Dreiko will testify to both points I am sure :). Still need to get back on Rev 2 as well.

Im trying to (slowly) learn Kazumi on T7 and Baiken in Rev 2 anyway.

Ofc everyone here has now heard about the awesome looking new DBZ game by Arc coming out and Dissidia by Square and Team Ninja but there is also one called Blade Strangers which sorta came out of nowhere.

Looks nice in a basic kinda way if a little yanky but hopefully that is smoothed out. Apparently its made by the people who made Blade Arcus which is a game I actually quite like despite its obvious low budget and glaring omission of online play on PS4. It had a nice basic feel that reminded me of SF2 even if it was pretty unbalanced.

Talk about niche though lol still fair play more fighters is never a bad thing especially if its good. Still blows my mind we get games like this but cannot get a new Darkstalkers lol also where is that new Soul Calibur game and the updated UNIEL game?

UNI is already confirmed for Ps3 and PS4 and I am super hyped. I am just really hoping for a PC port as well even if I still have my Ps3. As I said before it is super sad there will not likely be a new Darkstalkers. It gets even sadder when Capcom more or less lied about the sales figures since it sold super well for a game they stopped caring about ages ago and in that regard it is amazing that the game sold at all but because it did not get ridiculous sales expectations they said no. However I as a fan have come to terms with that fact. In addition Vampire Savior is my favourite fighting game period and while many games have come close the Capcom then is not the Capcom now and while they can make a decent game now and then I do not see a new Darkstalkers game living up to my number #1 fighting game. I do like seeing other people try though. People call Omen Of Sorrow a Darkstalkers clone even though its more of a Mortal Kombat clone. I would hope it turns out more Darkstalkers-like later. The Chainsaw Incident was an amazing looking attempt at a Darkstalkers clone and a 2D fighting game in general and sadly it got canceled after a long time of no news.

blade strangers have an interesting art style. I'm not sure if I'd get it. it seems a little slow paced compared to what i'm used to, and doesn't have the rediculously stupid factor aquapazza had.

yes I am on ps4 but hardly play as well, because i work seasonal

Code of Princess was one of those games that was on my radar but I never ended up playing. As for Blade Arcus, that game was painfully slow. I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on it but I'm not particularly hype just yet XD.

I only played the demo for Blade Arcus. Unlike a lot of weebs I actually have a firm disliking of Dragon Ball but I am willing to play Fighter Z as a fan of fighting games.

PurplePonyArcade:
I only played the demo for Blade Arcus. Unlike a lot of weebs I actually have a firm disliking of Dragon Ball Fighter Z but I am willing to play it as a fan of fighting games.

Haha, I grew up with original DB, watched it every weekend since like 1995, in Greek too! I guess it's an acquired taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGtlx8nMsI

So yeah Ori is in Rivals Of Aether. Don't ask why she's there beyond every company and their mum needing to beat the whole guest character thing to death but I won't deny she looks cute in this animation style to and its a good a reason as any to play Rivals Of Aether again.

https://youtu.be/AszItxNkBVo?t=4m2s

So, DBFZ seems to not have traditional grabs, but a mix of dust and grab, which is an unblockable hit that is called dragon rush, which you "tech" by using dragon rush back at them, and if you fail to tech it you get hit by a dust-like series of hits into an air combo.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here