Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

So the demo for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is up on PS4 atm. Cant say I personally was that impressed with it but did not think it was terrible either. As it stands I will not be rushing out to buy it.

Also as people have said in other places what the hell have they done to Chunli lol it has to be the most garbage model and walking animation I have ever seen of her. I think the unpaid intern who worked on Kens face was ordered to give Chun a go this time.

All the Capcom models look really bad compared to their Marvel counterparts for some bizarre reason. Pre-orders are available now anyway and dont forget to get the deluxe version for the witheld content DLC.

For clarity I just want to say Chun looks the worse in this game the other Capcom models just look off while the Marvel ones are fine.

Fun games earlier K-sha. The more I use Answer in this game the more I wanna keep using him. I might be having a change of main if this keeps up XD.

Also, others should also feel free to hit me up for matches whenever, we used skype in this instance but a post here would work too as I check here periodically while online, typically during loading screens. Cheers~

Yeah those faces are not looking so good.

Dreiko:
https://youtu.be/AszItxNkBVo?t=4m2s

So, DBFZ seems to not have traditional grabs, but a mix of dust and grab, which is an unblockable hit that is called dragon rush, which you "tech" by using dragon rush back at them, and if you fail to tech it you get hit by a dust-like series of hits into an air combo.

I do not know what to think about that.

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:
https://youtu.be/AszItxNkBVo?t=4m2s

So, DBFZ seems to not have traditional grabs, but a mix of dust and grab, which is an unblockable hit that is called dragon rush, which you "tech" by using dragon rush back at them, and if you fail to tech it you get hit by a dust-like series of hits into an air combo.

I do not know what to think about that.

Also I noticed in further gameplay that if you land one of those attacks, it's possible to force-tag your foe's char instead of going into that dust-like launch combo.

It's definitely bizarre but I like that the "tech" animation is so hype and it definitely feels like a faithful action towards the source material while also keeping fighting games in mind. It's the kind of thing I like to see from a mentality aspect.

So after seeing a lot of reviews and gameplay for it, I went and got Tekken 7.

Pros:

+ Very Pretty
+ Interesting combo of 2D/3D Fighting
+ Enjoyable story
+ Lots of characters

Cons:

- Absolutely no tutorial
- AI can be pretty BS
- Eliza promotion isn't clear

Paragon Fury:

Pros:

+ Very Pretty
+ Enjoyable story
+ Lots of characters

Cons:

- Absolutely no tutorial
- AI can be pretty BS

Interesting I have the game and found I differ on some of your points. But I want to make it clear I do like the game.

Not sure I would call it very pretty for a start now it does not look bad by a long stretch (unlike the original arcade release) but very pretty is a stretch personally I find Arcs games and DOA5 to be much prettier but each to their own and people can easily judge this for themselves.

Gameplay is standard for Tekken if you have played any Tekken then this wont feel much different which is not a bad thing many fighting series do this with small changes each new numbered entry. Strange how you say its an interesting combo of 2d/3d not sure what you mean by that its very much a traditional 3d fighter.

Enjoyable story well I cannot deny I got some enjoyment out of it but its pretty bottom barrel very badly written and goes almost nowhere especially since it was supposed to put an end to the Mishima saga which has been Tekkens story from the start and it absolutely does not do this. I was honestly dumbfounded by how clumsily some segments were strung together they were as bad as SFVs if not worse in that respect. I would say to anyone if story is a strong reason you are thinking of getting it do not bother. You want story get Revelator 2, Blazblue Central Fiction or especially Persona 4 Arena. You want something not as good but more cinematic get Injutice 2 or MK9.

No tutorial is an absolutely horrendous ommision the game does not even begin to help you learn it so better be good at figuring stuff out or/and watching/reading lots of guides.

AI is dumb as hell in treasure battle I got to Tekken god Prime rank by choosing Katarina and putting the X button on turbo. Took a few days while I was at work but yeah insta unlock everything in game and have loads of money to boot.

Eliza promo is pure BS and to many companies are doing it Netherealms (who along with capcom have the worst DLC practices for fighter imo) and Arc also do it although with Arc you can usually download the character for free within the first week whether you bought the game or not.

Would also say Arcade mode is garbage and has no intro and outro sequences which have been relegated to a separate story chapter mode which consists of one fight and not every character even has this.

Customisation is mostly trash but hey at least its there.

Gallery mode is great and a really nice nod to past Tekkens same with the PS4 jukebox mode.

Online as of this moment also function really well for me after the initial weeks problems so will see how long that lasts.

I think the game is solid but considering how long we have been waiting (came out in arcades 2 years ago I believe) and even in comparison to past Tekkens it feels a little anaemic in regards to content. it does not disappoint in the way SFV did i.e by missing even the lowest of expected bars for such a big name fighter but its hardly going to blow you away with its generosity.

Oh and DLC incoming luckily apparently ist only 2 more chararcters and one mode so they arent going full Netherealms/Capcom mode on that at least at the moment. The mode is rumoured to be Tekken bowling for anyone that cares.

I think they need more skirts for the girls.

Tekken is kind of over rated imo. I havent had time to learn it too much. I still think DOA5LR was a much better game, as far as 3d goes. its several years old, started on ps3, and still has better graphics imo. and of course better stage transitions since doa2, which tekken started to copy after T6 or TTT(not sure), but still can't seem to get right for some reason. the choir of finding matches online, and lack of modes were a joke, which even tekken fanboys agree on.

to me it's like comparing air dashers to SF. SF, slow, lacking, mostly boring but popular in numbers, and well known. most really good 2d fighting games, besides a maybe few by aksys, extremely small community but awesome.

Yay we're back!

Maximum Bert:
So the demo for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is up on PS4 atm. Cant say I personally was that impressed with it but did not think it was terrible either. As it stands I will not be rushing out to buy it.

Also as people have said in other places what the hell have they done to Chunli lol it has to be the most garbage model and walking animation I have ever seen of her. I think the unpaid intern who worked on Kens face was ordered to give Chun a go this time.

All the Capcom models look really bad compared to their Marvel counterparts for some bizarre reason. Pre-orders are available now anyway and dont forget to get the deluxe version for the witheld content DLC.

For clarity I just want to say Chun looks the worse in this game the other Capcom models just look off while the Marvel ones are fine.

I feel SO incredibly uninterested in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

The Marvel showing of characters is just sad. I get that they're trying to push the MCU characters, but seriously? No Spiderman, no Venom, no Wolverine, no Magneto, these are Marvel vs. Capcom staples. Hell, Spiderman and Wolverine were the face of Marvel in the 90s. And they're being replaced by what? Gamora and Black Panther? Who the hell cares.

Captain Marvel looks great as does Rocket, but in general I would say this is a pretty poor lineup.

Also, what the hell is with Captain America's neck?

Were the modelers working off of this art?

I didnt care about MvC3. DBFZ took away all interest of MvCi I might have, and it seems like even MvC fans lost interest after seeing DBFZ trailers.

Generally I dont know what people see in Capcom fighters in general nowadays, compared to airdashers, but thats me

Dirty Hipsters:

Maximum Bert:

The Marvel showing of characters is just sad. I get that they're trying to push the MCU characters, but seriously? No Spiderman, no Venom, no Wolverine, no Magneto, these are Marvel vs. Capcom staples. Hell, Spiderman and Wolverine were the face of Marvel in the 90s. And they're being replaced by what? Gamora and Black Panther? Who the hell cares.

Captain Marvel looks great as does Rocket, but in general I would say this is a pretty poor lineup.

Maximum Bert:

Paragon Fury:

Pros:

+ Very Pretty
+ Enjoyable story
+ Lots of characters

Cons:

- Absolutely no tutorial
- AI can be pretty BS

Interesting I have the game and found I differ on some of your points. But I want to make it clear I do like the game.

Not sure I would call it very pretty for a start now it does not look bad by a long stretch (unlike the original arcade release) but very pretty is a stretch personally I find Arcs games and DOA5 to be much prettier but each to their own and people can easily judge this for themselves.

Gameplay is standard for Tekken if you have played any Tekken then this wont feel much different which is not a bad thing many fighting series do this with small changes each new numbered entry. Strange how you say its an interesting combo of 2d/3d not sure what you mean by that its very much a traditional 3d fighter.

Enjoyable story well I cannot deny I got some enjoyment out of it but its pretty bottom barrel very badly written and goes almost nowhere especially since it was supposed to put an end to the Mishima saga which has been Tekkens story from the start and it absolutely does not do this. I was honestly dumbfounded by how clumsily some segments were strung together they were as bad as SFVs if not worse in that respect. I would say to anyone if story is a strong reason you are thinking of getting it do not bother. You want story get Revelator 2, Blazblue Central Fiction or especially Persona 4 Arena. You want something not as good but more cinematic get Injutice 2 or MK9.

No tutorial is an absolutely horrendous ommision the game does not even begin to help you learn it so better be good at figuring stuff out or/and watching/reading lots of guides.

AI is dumb as hell in treasure battle I got to Tekken god Prime rank by choosing Katarina and putting the X button on turbo. Took a few days while I was at work but yeah insta unlock everything in game and have loads of money to boot.

Eliza promo is pure BS and to many companies are doing it Netherealms (who along with capcom have the worst DLC practices for fighter imo) and Arc also do it although with Arc you can usually download the character for free within the first week whether you bought the game or not.

Would also say Arcade mode is garbage and has no intro and outro sequences which have been relegated to a separate story chapter mode which consists of one fight and not every character even has this.

Customisation is mostly trash but hey at least its there.

Gallery mode is great and a really nice nod to past Tekkens same with the PS4 jukebox mode.

Online as of this moment also function really well for me after the initial weeks problems so will see how long that lasts.

I think the game is solid but considering how long we have been waiting (came out in arcades 2 years ago I believe) and even in comparison to past Tekkens it feels a little anaemic in regards to content. it does not disappoint in the way SFV did i.e by missing even the lowest of expected bars for such a big name fighter but its hardly going to blow you away with its generosity.

Oh and DLC incoming luckily apparently ist only 2 more chararcters and one mode so they arent going full Netherealms/Capcom mode on that at least at the moment. The mode is rumoured to be Tekken bowling for anyone that cares.

I still think DoA looks and plays better as a 3D fighter for sure, but Tekken is no slouch - I mean, you really can't fault the graphics at all, though I supposed it still does rank lower than DoA and IJ2 for graphics.

What I mean by 2D/3D combo is that it combines the elements of 3D fighters with elements from 2D fighters they don't typically have - IE: (useful) Jumping and fireballs. It plays like a combo of SF/BB and DoA/SC rather than just one or the other.

The story is definitely no Injustice 2, that's for sure. Or even SFV's General Story. But it's not an incoherent jumbled mess like say DoA or SC either.

The lack of tutorial is killing the fun for me currently - I don't even understand how basic combos, blocking etc. are supposed to work in this game, having to try and piece it together from other games.

Eliza DLC is crap, and I wanted to play as her too. Even IJ2 let Darkseid just be free for pre-ordered and purchase for others; you can't even get Eliza at all if you didn't preorder.

To the mod who helped bring back my thread thank you so much.

Dreiko:
Yay we're back!

I am not quite sure how that happened.

Dirty Hipsters:

Maximum Bert:

I am not a Marvel fan but I see your point there. While looking at least fairly playable the game really comes off as a mess and I am really wondering how it will turn out.

ARMS apparently just came out and I would really like to play it. Tekken just got a strange mobile app and Fighter Z revealed another character.

Paragon Fury:

Pros:

+ Very Pretty
+ Enjoyable story
+ Lots of characters

Cons:

- Absolutely no tutorial
- AI can be pretty BS

I have no idea what you mean by the 2D/3D, it is purely 2D unless you mean that 2D fighting game inputs work for Akuma and Eliza. I also noticed a few not getting Eliza like they should even though I did so I do not quite get that.
Despite a few cut older characters there are plenty of characters to play with. My biggest gripse are that the Jukebox feature was cut from the PC port and that the aforementioned port works very very well but has a bizarre issue where it will never resynch with Steam/Steam cloud and several patches later it has no been resolved for me. The rest is true.

I really like the game despite being horrible at Tekken and it does look great and no matter what the version of the game I play holds a firm 60s all of the time it needs to, during combat. The game has no tutorial and that does make it very intimidating. I always felt Tekken comes off as harder than it actually is. While it is anything but easy I feel like my personal issues are my own fault for not playing longer and that the game is nowhere near as hard as it seems. It is not as easy as Dead Or Alive(DOA5 is a good game BTW) and some might include Soul Calibur as an easier 3D game as well but it has been so long since I played it that it is hard to say.

I am losing track of my point. If you have not tried it already I do recommend Tekken 7. It's complicated but very refined combat, hilarious and fun and Akuma's presence, while very stupid is still pretty amazing and fun himself as a Tekken character and made the experience all the more worth it.

New UNIEL[st] trailer, showing gameplay of the console exclusive chars!

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:
Yay we're back!

So, I noticed the thread having gone away and made another one, it seems they unintentionally deleted it together with all the spam bot ones. A kind mod was able to retrieve it, as it apparently was not actually deleted yet but rather in some type of recycle bin of threads. If I had delayed a bit we might have lost it for good XD.

Dreiko:
New UNIEL[st] trailer, showing gameplay of the console exclusive chars!

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:
Yay we're back!

So, I noticed the thread having gone away and made another one, it seems they unintentionally deleted it together with all the spam bot ones. A kind mod was able to retrieve it, as it apparently was not actually deleted yet but rather in some type of recycle bin of threads. If I had delayed a bit we might have lost it for good XD.

Looks like we are getting a trail/mission mode to which is always a plus.

Here's my latest creation. Answer combos are so much fun.

Nightly reminder that anyone is encouraged to talk about any fighting game they wish. Just because it's odd or disliked by someone here should not stop you. This is a thread for the love of fighting games, discovering and learning of them and I encourage visitors to speak of whichever game they please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6rwZ6mbFE

SquareEnix uploaded a guide video for the new Dissidia game. I lack a PS4 and interest in one myself but maybe this will help someone.

I still find it hard to believe a little game like Brawlhalla holds $10K tournaments.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2017/6/28/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-kickstarter-launches-july.html

Kind of sad that the game needs a Kickstarter to remain relevant, but for those wanting Six Stars localized here you go. I actually do want to see Daemon Bride localized as silly as the game looks.

This isn't for localization but for a pc port. The game currently has no non-arcade version, even in japan.

Dreiko:
This isn't for localization but for a pc port. The game currently has no non-arcade version, even in japan.

Right, but we can still work with a PC port and it is amazing to see ports at all considered for Daemon Bride when its a bit old now.

i'd get deamon bride just to support examu. I'd get aquapazza on pc as well just to support it, and get to play with people who didnt have a chance to play it on ps3. It looks really interesting from a match vid i saw. Examu makes better fighting games than arcsystem/french bread imo.

I hope six stars gets a console port as well, and we get news updates of ah4 soon.

If aquapazza has playable netcode on pc, that'd be awesome.

Huh, I didn't even know AH4 had been announced. I've been tempted to buy Love Max a bunch of times but always held out hoping Six Stars would receive a console port.

It's not 4, it's the final version of 3, full name is "arcana heart 3: love max six stars!!!!!!" and has been out in arcades for over 3 years now.

Talks of ah4 did start about a year ago btw, but nothing about it is shown yet.

Dreiko:
It's not 4, it's the final version of 3, full name is "arcana heart 3: love max six stars!!!!!!" and has been out in arcades for over 3 years now.

Talks of ah4 did start about a year ago btw, but nothing about it is shown yet.

3 years? Time flies way too fast.

So, Trunks will be playable at the evo build of dbfz and there's gonna e 4 tourneys. Wee~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRllhSe46XM

I can't tell the difference lol.

I think it's superman's hair, it was longer in the one on the bottom lol.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here