Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

Tekken numbers this year are incredible. BB needs more.

BB doesn't have a lot of enthusiasm this year sadly. It's a confluence of factors but mainly it's the rumor that there won't be a new one anytime soon so people were looking to GG more. Hopefully they'll announce something at evo and invigorate the scene. A whole lot of Japanese people are coming though, more than prior years, so it's not the game being somehow bad but just the US side of the community.

All these new amazing Evo goods and I cannot afford any..

ah3lmsss quickstarter is looking good, i hope they can hold the momentum

I hope one of the stretch goals is a console ver. New chars are cool but I'd rather the game have actual people playing it lol.

it hit it's goal in 4 days. this is exciting, that we finally get ah3lmsss.

I'm sure if it's successful enough, it'll get ported somehow. not sure if aksys is still interested, but someone will if it's successful. I'll gift friends on steam just to support the game during discounts, and get more ppl into it that way.

EVO soon. Six Stars worked like a charm but I have still yet to see a stretch goal shown.

Hopefully Punch Planet being at Evo is an indication of a public demo of sorts releasing. Pokken DX is coming to.

New Arcana Heart chars revealed!

Dreiko:

About damn time. Shark girl is the obvious best but I like how in your face with her sexuality(or body pride if you will) the omega one is.

Omega reminds me of Ryuko from Kill la Kill so I love her design.

I do not think we'll probably hit any stretch goals besides Paracelia, and possibly shark girl.

I wouldn't mind if they just saved those designs for ah4. If they have another story line, it would be cool if it's an original VN and not a typical arcade mode most fighters have, where there's a few scenes and ending.

Evo started today, lets get hype! :D

https://www.twitch.tv/evo

Xrd top 8 going on RIGHT NOW!

Evo announcements are INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

New tag fighting game from arcsys crossin up UNIEL, Blazblue, Persona and RWBY!

Juubei confirmed playable for new BB entry!

I can not possibly find the right place to start on all of the news that came at Evo this year, all good stuff though. Of it all Jubei and Jedah made my weekend. Sadly I have to get on board Capcom's shit show of a game now but on the other hand ASW is doing wonderfully.

for some reason cross tag reminds me of isuka, but hopefully won't flop like isuka
they might as well go all the way with it and have some guilty gear characters, as well as other titles they've published(melty, dbfz, arcana) if it's possible. It might be resolution differences that make it odd. and I don't know how you can actually balance it, make game play not completely BS, with how all those different games play(too mugen like).
Ruby is the biggest surprise character.

Jubei fans got their wish. I wasn't expecting any BBCF updates, other than a possible extend version. Character wise, I was hoping for Kajun, so I can play as every Remix Heart member.

That Cross Tag game looks interesting; though if Ruby Rose is in it, thankfully that means it will almost certainly be on Xbox One as Rooster Teeth are probably one of the most heavily Microsoft/Xbox tied groups out there.

Also, I'm starting to get a little annoyed with Tekken 7. They just announced the first DLC character, but still no word on when people who didn't pre-order the game can play Eliza. It kind sucks that apparently I just don't get to play someone because I waited for reviews.

Paragon Fury:
That Cross Tag game looks interesting; though if Ruby Rose is in it, thankfully that means it will almost certainly be on Xbox One as Rooster Teeth are probably one of the most heavily Microsoft/Xbox tied groups out there.

Also, I'm starting to get a little annoyed with Tekken 7. They just announced the first DLC character, but still no word on when people who didn't pre-order the game can play Eliza. It kind sucks that apparently I just don't get to play someone because I waited for reviews.

Good luck with that. I am not an Xbox user myself but you do deserve to play it. People are still having Eliza problems? Damn, I hope that does get fixed.

Dreiko:

I am glad Shark Girl is the next goal on the list but they set her so high in now I am fearing she may not be able to make it. Let us all hope I am wrong because she's my favorite of the three.

Also, that Fire Emblem: Warriors thread gave me an idea;

Nintendo has competently made three fighters now - Smash Bros., Pokken Tournament/EX and now ARMS. In that vein...I feel like the Fire Emblem series would actually make for a really good straight up fighting game.

- Lots of unique and fun characters
- Magic, ranged attacks and airborne exist in-universe, giving the ability to have projectile attacks, zoning and use of the 3D space as part of the natural gameplay
- People already love to debate which character is best; giving them the opportunity to sort it would be great
- Story and universe is adaptable enough, especially considering the setting of most of the games.

Team up with ArcSystems or Team Ninja etc. and make it happen Nintendo!

So they revealed the new SF:V character;

Ooooookaaaaay. I guess that works.

That looks like an April fool's type announcement to me lol.

So after finally beating the Story and playing some more Tekken 7...I'm thoroughly "meh'd" by the game, just like I was with the couple of games I played on older systems.

While I could see how it would be interesting, the complete lack of any training or clarity in the game at all is going to make it hugely unfun for people already not invested in the series. The story is also really...lackluster, and pulls a major F-U with the last three bosses.

Add why does (and I'm talking PvP matches here) every third freaking move seem to have Super Armor?

i played tekken a little but never had time/motivation to learn it(seasonal work makes it hard), and i never found it as fun as air dashers.

We have Juubei Scans!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/ca509ddf-dbc9-48a9-9b16-e3e3548a0283/9909d5c905002731d73ee0c682df1173

BBCF2 sounds like it's gonna be a free balance update, not an extend, and Juubei will likely be dlc.

Dreiko:
We have Juubei Scans!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/ca509ddf-dbc9-48a9-9b16-e3e3548a0283/9909d5c905002731d73ee0c682df1173

BBCF2 sounds like it's gonna be a free balance update, not an extend, and Juubei will likely be dlc.

Excellent find.

UNIEL[ST] is up for ps4/psn, will make note when also for ps3!

edit: PS3 ver now up, free theme included with purchase apparently.

Well, it might anger some but I gave up on the fight pad thing. I did terribly on every game, including games like Blazblue, Injustice 2 and [i]Tekken 7[/i which I did nothing but start to learn them and never played them on anything BUT the Fight Pad. I went back to the controller and my gameplay improved massively.

Oh well, live and learn.

I play with an old ps3 sixaxis. Not dual shock3 but the older sixaxis without vibration, they have better Dpads.

It's just about what you get used to the best.

Paragon Fury:
Well, it might anger some but I gave up on the fight pad thing. I did terribly on every game, including games like Blazblue, Injustice 2 and [i]Tekken 7[/i which I did nothing but start to learn them and never played them on anything BUT the Fight Pad. I went back to the controller and my gameplay improved massively.

Oh well, live and learn.

Well duh, playing on a new controller always takes getting used to. Maybe its just not your thing or maybe you really do need practice with it. Only time will tell but as long as you have fun little else matters. Personally for me its stick or no go.

I completely missed Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st]'s disc coming out. Ps3 is digital only right? If so I am screwed unless a decent Euro or American date comes soon and makes one. Still waiting for a PC port most of all though.

PurplePonyArcade:
I completely missed Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st]'s disc coming out. Ps3 is digital only right? If so I am screwed unless a decent Euro or American date comes soon and makes one. Still waiting for a PC port most of all though.

You can just make a JP psn account and use psn cards from Japan to get it, super easy.

Been grinding super hard on this game cause I was so rusty after not touching it for over a year, really well done. The tutorials are amazing, even going so far as to teach you OSs.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here