Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

i might try unielst, since theres tutorial and story. stillvmany fighters to try to learn and no time atm

Looks like Tekken will release Eliza to the public soon. I just wonder if the issues of people not getting her have been solved?

Injustice 2 released the Starfire trailer;

koihime enbu eng site. it says coming to ps4, but I can never find anything anywhere, other than japanese ps4
http://koihimeenbu.degicagames.com/

K-sha:
koihime enbu eng site. it says coming to ps4, but I can never find anything anywhere, other than japanese ps4
http://koihimeenbu.degicagames.com/

It is on Steam and I have it in English. Still this is good news.

Dreiko:

Been grinding super hard on this game cause I was so rusty after not touching it for over a year, really well done. The tutorials are amazing, even going so far as to teach you OSs.

Whats the online like? I was just in Japan and was seriously thinking of buying it but in the end I did not bother simply because I have way to many games to try and play already and since most people playing will likely be in Japan it probably wouldnt be a very good online experience for me if I could even find a player due to the time difference.

I got to try Dissidia in the arcades seems to be pretty popular over there possibly because of its gundam esq nature and of course FF characters. Only tried a few characters, Cloud, Yshtola, Terra and Sephiroth. Did not get on with the last two at all but really enjoyed the first two especially Cloud. I pretty much got bodied lol felt bad for my teammates as I almost single handedly lost the matches for them but I had a good time. I know some have problems with the UI but while I think it could be improved it was never a factor for me when playing. Very different to a traditional fighter or even something like smash simply because situational awareness seems to play a very large part in this game as in you need to know where your enemy is and if they are targeting you or you will be hit from off screen. Also got to say the game looks fantastic and feels as responsive as I would expect and the summons are great. They look amazing in this game and feel very powerful but it can be risky to try and power one up and/or cast it.

Obviously its only a very brief impression of it and over time I am sure things may change but as of now I am really looking forward to it.

Did not know about the new Arc game. One the one hand I am not a huge fan of tag based fighters on the other hand frikkin BB,UNIEL,Persona and Ruby Rose (just Ruby?) damn that is going to be sweet. May have to have a gordeau Ruby team for team scythe. Ah who I I kidding Makoto will definitely be one character on the team but then its either Chie or Ruby Rose damn cant they make it KOF style :)

Also Jubei finally that is gonna be good but I already have Makoto so im ok.

Side note I got to try fighting layer and Fate unlimited codes in the arcades which was nice even if I had zero idea what I was doing plus playing on stick doesnt help. I also got to play some people on DOA in the arcades which was really fun even managed to get a few games despite the control method and being super rusty. For some reason they play mega defensive there but dont utilise holds much which means its not that scary to push buttons against them still it was obvious they were just low level players like me which is why it was so much fun.

Netcode is MUCH better than prior game. Even has xrd style delay counter. Btw how's tears to tiara 2 treating ya? Got to the really hype parts yet? XD

Good to hear although I am going to have to pass for a while but will get it when it comes out here. If I got it now it would just sit there unfortunately. Also really looking forward to Gundam Versus now as well.

Tears to Tiara 2 is still great although havent touched it in about a month due to holiday and getting VR. Just recruited all the diplomat people and got a new ship. So ages to go yet I think but will give it a play today now I have finished the Nioh DLC.

Also new character for Tekken 7 is Geese Howard (later this year apparently) which I am kind of meh about although I think hes a better pick than Akuma. Really I would just like more classic Tekken characters to return or more specifically Michelle.

Looks like fighters are going to continue to get quality releases both in traditional fighters (except maybe 3D) and other types aka arena etc.

I expect the BB tag game will be a huge sprite dump which is fine be like old times with having that game with not much new art but a huge roster aka KOF, MVC2, CVS2 etc but I wonder how many characters from Ruby they put in? I am hoping it is at least the 4 from Team Ruby. Would also love a fighter with just Ruby characters but not done in a traditional style more a sort of mix between a SC esq style and an arena style depending on distance but that isnt going to happen so will just be happy with what I get at the moment. I really feel a less floaty type Gundam style game with these characters could be amazing especially as the show already has 2 and 4 person cells.

Did they release a solid release date for CF2? because I cant find it just says this year. Also I assume it will have no further story due to how CF ended and just offer rebalanced content with at least 1 new character. At least there wont be an extend version :)

Six Stars actually made its shark girl goal when I kept saying it would not. That's damned impressive and very nice. How have things been?

We have Juubei movelist breakdown in here!

edit:

Here's my notes for those who can't read Japanese!

-Juubei's normal jump is VERY short, allowing him to use it to hit you with rising buttons easily while you stand on the ground.
-His backdash is cancellable to a forward dash (think Ragna dash cancelling Dead Spike)
-His forward dash can do a pass-through type crossup if you hit 3 during it, useful with 236C potentially (the bouncy fireball thing)
-His 6A is a mid high counter and 6B a midlow counter, both give you tons of meter if you land them
-His slashy slashy special has a ton of rekka varieties and directional influences that change its behavior
-His drive marks you and when marked his DDs teleport behind you
-His drive has a lot of permutations of marks he sets and teleports through, during OD you can special cancel those
-632146[C] is unblockable if you don't barrier it
-Seems to have low life
-His paw install makes his slashy slashy special cancellable into other specials, can only be used once per round and will stay active for the entire round
-236/214D are air command dashes that pass through you (seemingly strong option)
-Doesn't seem to have meterless dp
-He takes crouched levels of hitstun even while standing to offset his small hurtbox

Unist combos are so much fun now with the new veil off system:

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/893304965095141376

The first episode of The King of Fighters Destiny is now out! It is also free to watch on Steam.

Blazblue CPEX is a surprisingly good PC port. Too bad there is no reason to buy it.

As apart of DC's midweek sale on Steam Injustice: Game Of The Year Edition is currently on sale at 75% off.

CF2 patch and Jubei coming out on the 31st!

Dreiko:
CF2 patch and Jubei coming out on the 31st!

I saw that. There is now arcade footage for him for anyone who wants to see more of him.

New sub working out well!

I got a cheap PS4 so I guess I will start hunting fighting games after I get a stick adapter.

Anyone else playing the Dissidia closed beta? I managed to get in and am really liking the game but as its stands the connection is really bad so far 80% (approx) of my matches have had severe lag with a couple leaving me unable to even move (ok I could move at what looked like 0.25 frames a second). So pretty concerned about that. It may be that on top of my terrible internet its mostly pairing me up with americans (since its the american beta) which me being in the UK would not lead to the best results.

Offline however its a blast very different to a traditional fighter but i already like the flow and arenas more than Duodecim and I played the heck out of that game admittedly for the first 50 or so hours it was because Tifa was in it but I did end up liking it for what it is. It also looks fantastic which helps.

Mostly just trying out Cloud atm who I am enjoying a lot more than in previous Dissidias. I am hoping the difficult in finding matches and generally bad connections will be solved with more players (and closer players) and while it is only a beta its quite worrying especially since Dead or Alive 5s netcode is pretty garbage which is the main reason I dont play much anymore.

Hopefully they use this an an actual test and improve upon it and not just as a free promo like Capcom and SFV. Others who I know who have got in dont appear to be having any where near as much lag as myself but that doesnt mean much to me.

Didn't get in sadly. I am hoping I get in the DBFZ beta next month though. How's Squall?

So dont usually post these here mainly because tbh not a single one has made me interested except for that Juri one ages ago but here we go for those who may not have seen it.

Street Fighters new upcoming character. While it would be a stretch to say I am really looking forward to trying her out (2nd DLC character in V I may end up actually getting) she does peak my interest a bit.

People are likening her to Eliza (Skullgirls) and Viola (SCV) which is pretty understandable except she doesnt look anywhere near as amazing as Eliza does and gameplay wise does not look as interesting as Viola. The main reason I suppose for me being slighly interested is more down to how she looks and me being a sucker for that generic style just like I am a sucker for the sexy Vampire style (boom boom). I think story wise she may be Roses apprentice which would also make sense looking at some of her moveset but SFs story is probably the worst among and fighting game I have ever seen and that includes stuff like Clay Fighter so I dont pay much attention to that as I feel the more you know about it the more it hurts the characters.

Now if SFV did not have such an aggresive DLC model or the character was completely free as in no fight money just unlocked for everyone straight up I would have been even more interested but that among other things have jaded my view on the game significantly and I am pretty sure I am not alone.

Sidenote anyone looking forward to MVCI? because I am hardly interested at all which is really surprising for a new fighter for me. Now being someone who characters matter a lot to in fighter to the extent I will try and play a character who really does not fit my playstyle over one who does if I prefer the way they look Psylockes addition could bring me around somewhat but I am just really not liking that base roster (couple aside i.e Jedah and ofc Morrigan who has to be in every capcom crossover game ever) and the art style is just ugh. Wasnt a fan of MVC3s art style either but it did kinda work for a comic book. Whereas MVC1 and MVC2 had great artstyles and fantastic use of colour. At least we got the function meme out of it though. Seriously though Capcom are masters at destroying hype for there fighters. At this point I think it would have been better to just partner with Fox and just have a new X men vs SF game.

Still Gundam Vs is out soon after it so will be trying that since I did not bother getting the Japanese version due to its ridiculous price over there and ofc connection issues.

Dreiko:
How's Squall?

Played a little more but only against the comp because online matches are terrible in waiting times and performance unfortunately. Squall seems pretty decent once you time his brave attacks which is pretty easy to do he can do huge amounts of brave damage very quickly but his HP attacks are not the best but they get the job done. Overall he seems a pretty simple character in his game plan and execution bit like Cloud. His Ex allows him to junction stuff which basically just means a random status boost either to str or speed or defence which admittedly can be very handy especially speed.

I do wish the battles were 2 out of 3 as matches can be over very quickly but that is a minor niggle. You are able to communicate in game just like the arcade version with set phrases used here by pressing the D pad and face buttons instead of the touch screen of the arcades and each character has their own flavor text which is a nice touch.

I do have some concerns with some characters namely Vaan he has 2 HP attacks equipped while others only have 1 but they also seem very good as in super fast and cover near and far situations which can be hard enough to deal with for close range characters especially slower ones but he also has an EX skill called Juggernaut which I dont know if it is functioning correctly as it says on the page I looked at about their skills that it just charges his bravery the longer it is held only in game it does not just do that if you push that your bravery is locked at the amount that it is when you activate it which means if you can get up to a kill number you can lock it in and then spam HP (ok not spam but throw out a lot of) attacks and if any hit that player is dead and instead of your bravery going to 0 for a bit like with everyone else (so you can be blindsided and broken and to prevent you just wiping everyone super fast) his stays at the kill percentage so he can do it again and again and again potentially killing everyone really really fast. Also if he gets hit with a bravery attack it does not reduce his bravery. I will assume HP attacks could still kill him but have not tried it out.

Zidane also seems to have an insane HP attack with a massive auto tracking AOE but I need to look into that more as maybe you can just jump it.

Overall mobility seems very important in this game also need to check if HP attacks can be blocked. The comp rarely uses them and when I went online it looks like they could not be but the lag was so bad maybe it just was not registering my block that I was holding for 5 seconds before I got hit by one.

Overall though I am impressed with the core game its fast and chaotic with a strong emphasis on movement and awareness of surroundings. The arenas are much less busy than the PSP ones and imo much better for it. Summons are very strong without becoming instant game winners and ofc look gorgeous but I do wish that they could have shorter animations on entering.

Some are speculating that by release and with the first DLC pack it will have all the characters from Duodecim back in and a few new ones but we will see.

I hope that they somehow separate people coming in with mics and set parties to pug players as that could be a problem but then again a good ranked system should solve that over time still they will need to sort something for free play maybe have a toggle saying no set parties if you are playing on your own (dont know how easy that would be to integrate).

Oh as of now the game is hyper aggresive which I like but maybe recovery is a little slow for those being hit. God help you if you get ganged up on as you will be ping ponged about and slaughtered easily if your team mates dont help. Will be fun to see how the meta develops hopefully its not Vaan just throwing out HP attacks :).

EDIT: After the latest small (thankfully) beta patch performance has improved a ridiculous amount as in going from below single FPS matches to getting some laggy but playable matches to silky smooth matches and damn when it works this game is a frikkin blast against people. Matchmaking still takes a while which I will assume is because its closed beta but at least when you get in you can play now (usually).

I'll be in Denmark for work during the Dragon Ball Fighterz beta, so I didn't even bother signing up. Feels bad.

Let me know how it's shaping up if any of y'all get in.

Ok dont mean to spam post here but just got a one man victory against a team in Dissidia as Cloud was intense as hell. If enough players cannot be found then it puts bots on your team (or the enemies) which tbh is usually a death sentence as they are not exactly the best at defending themselves and in the game its 3 kos (even if its the same player 3 times) and you lose/win. So when I got 2 bots on my team against 2 players (who are higher rank) and 1 bot thought it was a lost cause but I managed to get the 3 kos to their 2 (against the bots) so kinda happy about that more than I should be tbh I mean who really cares right lol. I managed to kill the Lightning player twice so that was a nice bonus.

On little touches characters have multiple intro phrases think I counted about 5 for Cloud which is really nice and am glad they did that. Also surprisingly he seems to be closer to the FFVII Cloud in his phrases as in a bit cocky and sure of himself.

Also update HP attacks are unblockable but are easy to interrupt if spaced poorly and have a long recovery so if one misses or someone dodges it be prepared to take some damage. Good thing about them though is because they are unblockable they are great against those who abuse the shield. They are also a good way to recover your bravery if its low as after a successful hit you lose all bravery for a second or two then regain to the starting value.

Gundam Versus open beta is up for pre download atm for the weekend so will be trying that if it downloads in time. Not as much a fan of Gundam as I am of FF but am eager to try it.

Also more characters announced for Dissidia soon and for the Arc tag crossover game as well so that is something to look forward to at least for me.

bbcf2.0 patch is out on psn.

With CF2 out, I have been coming up with a bunch of new Bang things. Some examples~

More stuff! This thread has been kinda slow.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite is out and seems to be fairly well received from a gameplay standpoint anyone played it?

I personally am still a bit to stung over SFV and disappointed in the roster and art direction to bother to get it not to mention the already announced character DLC which I hate no matter who does it.

I will be giving it a look when the price goes way down however but Gundam Vs is coming soon so will be hopefully chilling in that when it hits.

Also butthurt Psylocke is not in who is my favourite Marvel character by far.

This thread is still here? Wow. Menat is cute but so much for that "family friendly" bullshit Capcom was going on about. The target demographic for Marvel VS Capcom Infinite(most of the competitive side) can eat uranium but I am curious what they think about how good Jedah is because he's the only reason I would touch that damn game to begin with.
Ori from Ori and The Blind Forest finally came to Rivals Of Aether a month or so ago and I currently can't play as her being DLC.

https://twitter.com/KM_Atma/status/911381605230551040

Eyyy. A friend found this little bit interesting enough to show me. If real that is hilarious.

PurplePonyArcade:
This thread is still here? Wow. Menat is cute but so much for that "family friendly" bullshit Capcom was going on about. The target demographic for Marvel VS Capcom Infinite(most of the competitive side) can eat uranium but I am curious what they think about how good Jedah is because he's the only reason I would touch that damn game to begin with.
Ori from Ori and The Blind Forest finally came to Rivals Of Aether a month or so ago and I currently can't play as her being DLC.

Tried SFV again recently just for Menat. She's interesting, but still not a top favorite for me.

Maximum Bert:
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite is out and seems to be fairly well received from a gameplay standpoint anyone played it?

I personally am still a bit to stung over SFV and disappointed in the roster and art direction to bother to get it not to mention the already announced character DLC which I hate no matter who does it.

I will be giving it a look when the price goes way down however but Gundam Vs is coming soon so will be hopefully chilling in that when it hits.

Also butthurt Psylocke is not in who is my favourite Marvel character by far.

Overall, MvC:I is thoroughly "meh". Jedah is not bad at all, and there a few interesting characters. The story is really overall bad, but the presentation is nice. Can't really comment on the gameplay yet, but one thing that IS chaffing people is not only the DLC characters being announced already and how much they cost, but how much better they look than the main cast.

As several people pointed out, the Monster Hunter Girl not only looks like she had like twice the effort put into her than the main cast but she also looks WAY more in-depth and fun to play than most of the included cast of the game.

PurplePonyArcade:
https://twitter.com/KM_Atma/status/911381605230551040

Eyyy. A friend found this little bit interesting enough to show me. If real that is hilarious.

Havent checked it out to see if true but I would not be surprised. Honestly MVCI is probably a much better game than battle of the gods but its also almost certainly missed expectations a lot harder so I guess people are more reviewing what they thought should be there rather than what actually is. Cant be to sorry for them however as if you have a market that has expectations of you it means they hold you to a standard and you have an audience to market to quite easily as long as you can hit that standard which will almost certainly have been set by past examples of your work.

Paragon Fury:
The story is really overall bad, but the presentation is nice *snip*.

Thanks for the opinion on the game. I still dont have it but I did something I almost never do and that is watch the story mode on youtube and yeah its pretty bad. It is better than SFVs story that is for sure and probably better than T7s but its trash tbh feels like a weak fanfic with some nice presentation. Also does X have a soul? im not up on my megaman lore because if not that end makes even less sense but im guessing he is supposed to have one.

I agree with the Monster Hunter character she actually looks good and quite interesting game could have done with more like her in the original cast.

Havent seen any trustworthy sources yet but it seems like in the UK at least its a big flop atm. To me personally it seems like a game for MVC fans rather than Marvel or Capcom fans. Like with SFV without the brand I seriously wonder if it could have got away with so little apparent effort.

Hopefully DB Fighters by arc is able to light a serious fire under them. The competition is fierce atm and not just from Arc Capcom need to step it up or somehow manage to capture that Nrs bottles lighting that allows them to sell mediocre stuff like hot cakes.

In other news it looks like we may have a DOA6 soonish but that is just speculation on my part with pretty much no evidence to back it up. I think we should no more by the end of the year.

Just to let people know Killer Instinct is now available on steam. I have only played a brief few matches when it launched on Xbox 1 years ago in a state that made SFV look fully featured but looks like a potentially good proposition atm providing it works.

Also plan to try out Fight of The Gods with a few friends over beers see if its a laugh.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here