Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Just to let people know Killer Instinct is now available on steam. I have only played a brief few matches when it launched on Xbox 1 years ago in a state that made SFV look fully featured but looks like a potentially good proposition atm providing it works.

Also plan to try out Fight of The Gods with a few friends over beers see if its a laugh.

Yes X has a soul!

In other news Killer Instinct came out with it's promised Steam port with zero fucking hype and not even a Steam announcement.
The port is apparently good to. You can still play with Xbox users and more importantly do not have to deal with the Windows store anymore. Too bad it caught me at the wrong time.

The idea of a DOA6 does not surprise me since Tecmo said DLC support for Last Round is ending soon.

Maximum Bert:
Just to let people know Killer Instinct is now available on steam. I have only played a brief few matches when it launched on Xbox 1 years ago in a state that made SFV look fully featured but looks like a potentially good proposition atm providing it works.

Also plan to try out Fight of The Gods with a few friends over beers see if its a laugh.

You beat me to it and I failed to notice.

Also the NDA lift for Them's Fightin' Herds is in affect so for non backers wanting to see footage of the game now you can.

ceotaku just happenned, just watched the arcana stuff(short) and a bit of bbcf.

this stuff was pretty awesome, and way better than evo, imo, as an anime fg fan. missing aquapazza and nitroplus to make it better than animevo though.

K-sha:

this stuff was pretty awesome, and way better than evo, imo, as an anime fg fan. missing aquapazza and nitroplus to make it better than animevo though.

Havent watched many finals yet just GG and BB so far and BB was awesome not as good as that Evo GF in 2014 I think which is my favourite GF of any game ever but still really good. As for Evo imo it has gotten to big and lost a lot of its excitement. For me it feels like it puts marketing and making money way way ahead of the games nowadays.

Just came here to post an update finally got to play Killer Instinct on PC but have literally only played for about an hour so this is very much tentative thoughts on its current state but my impressions are much more positive than I thought they would be. It runs well on my crappy PC and I have only played 1 online match so hardly a good barometer but it ran silky smooth so will be looking to play a lot more.

Tutorial seems decent not as good as something like GG Rev but cant really complain about it tbh. Story mode is a little disappointing in that I thought there was an actual story. Maybe its in Shadow Lords which I have not had chance to try yet but its just arcade enders in story mode (its an arcade mode not story really) and they did not even bother having any for season 3 characters.

The fighting certainly has its own distinct flavour and whiff punishing feels very strange Id usually end up waiting until my opponents move had finished online before going in because it felt like specials had a sort of vacuum effect that pulled you in i.e he would be whiffing a special which I had back dashed then I would attempt to hit him out of it with my heavy but instead I would end up getting hit when mine connected and he could continue the combo. Obviously I am doing it wrong but just feels weird that is the case although if you jump in and avoid the hitbox of the move altogether its all good. Most likely its just got a very long active time and huge priority.

My main gripes with the game when it was being released were exclusivity, poor initial value for money, its roll out plans that also imo were very expensive, some character models, lack of ultimates and weird animation also I dont think its a very fun fighter to watch tbh due to the way the combo system works.

With this release the most concerning of these complaints of mine were fixed (the value for money) imo its worth what they are asking on steam atm and there are ultimates now but damn they are terrible a far cry from the fun ones of the original KI here they just feel very lazy and unimaginative.

Playing it is honestly good fun however and I do like the combo breaker system much like I like the counter system in DOA but while I feel they finally correctly balanced the counter system in DOA5 the system here does not feel quite there just a little too guess heavy for my taste with that counter breaker system.

One thing I think it does very well for a 2D fighter is entry level is very low if you cannot do a hadoken in SF you will still be able to do something at least in this although obviously dont expect to beat better players very often. This means players can at least start to get more into actually playing the game sooner rather than spending time in training in order to get basic BnBs down.

Maximum Bert:

K-sha:

Havent watched many finals yet just GG and BB so far and BB was awesome not as good as that Evo GF in 2014 I think which is my favourite GF of any game ever but still really good. As for Evo imo it has gotten to big and lost a lot of its excitement. For me it feels like it puts marketing and making money way way ahead of the games nowadays.

Just came here to post an update finally got to play Killer Instinct on PC but have literally only played for about an hour so this is very much tentative thoughts on its current state but my impressions are much more positive than I thought they would be. It runs well on my crappy PC and I have only played 1 online match so hardly a good barometer but it ran silky smooth so will be looking to play a lot more.

Tutorial seems decent not as good as something like GG Rev but cant really complain about it tbh. Story mode is a little disappointing in that I thought there was an actual story. Maybe its in Shadow Lords which I have not had chance to try yet but its just arcade enders in story mode (its an arcade mode not story really) and they did not even bother having any for season 3 characters.

The fighting certainly has its own distinct flavour and whiff punishing feels very strange Id usually end up waiting until my opponents move had finished online before going in because it felt like specials had a sort of vacuum effect that pulled you in i.e he would be whiffing a special which I had back dashed then I would attempt to hit him out of it with my heavy but instead I would end up getting hit when mine connected and he could continue the combo. Obviously I am doing it wrong but just feels weird that is the case although if you jump in and avoid the hitbox of the move altogether its all good. Most likely its just got a very long active time and huge priority.

My main gripes with the game when it was being released were exclusivity, poor initial value for money, its roll out plans that also imo were very expensive, some character models, lack of ultimates and weird animation also I dont think its a very fun fighter to watch tbh due to the way the combo system works.

With this release the most concerning of these complaints of mine were fixed (the value for money) imo its worth what they are asking on steam atm and there are ultimates now but damn they are terrible a far cry from the fun ones of the original KI here they just feel very lazy and unimaginative.

Playing it is honestly good fun however and I do like the combo breaker system much like I like the counter system in DOA but while I feel they finally correctly balanced the counter system in DOA5 the system here does not feel quite there just a little too guess heavy for my taste with that counter breaker system.

One thing I think it does very well for a 2D fighter is entry level is very low if you cannot do a hadoken in SF you will still be able to do something at least in this although obviously dont expect to beat better players very often. This means players can at least start to get more into actually playing the game sooner rather than spending time in training in order to get basic BnBs down.

Xrd's story mode is pathetic and does not engage the player at all.

KI is apparently a shockingly good port and issues I heard about friend ran into none of. What is curious though is if Killgore has unlock conditions like I think in had in the original Xbone release or purchase only.

I liked xrd story, and it's nice having actual full cutscenes. and who really cares about gameplay against computer to engage players.

if you want easy entry into 2d games, you can just play xrd, bbcf, arcana and use noob mode, and you dont need to be able to do hadoken motions. Not that any regular player does.

It was awesome seeing arcana at CEO. I wish they swapped something like MVC, SG, kof for nitroplus, aquapazza, but thats just me as a big examu fan.

So hows that new dragonball game? It looks pretty interesting

Lufia Erim:
So hows that new dragonball game? It looks pretty interesting

you can try the closed beta sign up. I havent tried it but it should be good from what i've seen. it should be easy to play since theres only 236, 22 otions, and autocombos. and i believe it has a ggx style dust attack, and arcana heart style homing feature.

PurplePonyArcade:

Xrd's story mode is pathetic and does not engage the player at all.

I must admit it did not engage me much either but still better than most. Revelators story was one I thoroughly enjoyed however they always seem to spend a game or two setting stuff up with the story which while it pays off later can lead to it being a bit boring at first.

KI is apparently a shockingly good port and issues I heard about friend ran into none of. What is curious though is if Killgore has unlock conditions like I think in had in the original Xbone release or purchase only.

It certainly seems to be a very good port although I have heard reports it is a bit lacking in pad support luckily I have my PC pad so its no prob but will have to see if it will support PS4 straight up or not. As for Killgore I have not tried him yet but I am 95% sure he is in the game. We dont have to put up with the bs players did for Shadow Jago and him or the price of the seasons. I dont think anything has to be bought from the store other than the soundtrack

Just got Gundam Vs up and running so hopefully get a few matches in that soon also we are seeing more of Cross Battle Vs now and while its pretty early it does look like it could be an amazing mash up game I just hope the roster is suitably large and diverse.

Also looks like SFV is coming out of early access and launching in January although personally I wont care because I will be preoccupied with Dissidia and DBF will be close on the horizon.

Lol Street Fighter V
Lol Ono

I hope I will have money and time to play Fighter Z when it comes out.

I completely forgot if I knew but does anyone have a clue when Geese will be released for Tekken 7?

how is gundam versus. theres a chance i might get it because it's popular. for arena fighters I thought touhou kurenai looks best and we'll never get an international release. and I doubt I'll find many players even if we do

K-sha:
how is gundam versus. theres a chance i might get it because it's popular. for arena fighters I thought touhou kurenai looks best and we'll never get an international release. and I doubt I'll find many players even if we do

The weirdest thing of all is the recent western releases for 2hu.
Seriously, I thought it was a super Japan only thing but the so-called niche western love must have been too powerful to ignore when you have a western release and a physical western release. Sure its only like one or two games or something but its impressive.

Nappa and Captain Ginyu were announced for DB Fighterz.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here