Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

http://arcadeshock.com/products/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-fight-stick-by-arcsys-imported\

ArcadeShock is now selling a limited run arcadestick for XrdRev at $220. I assume that does not include shipping.

PurplePonyArcade:
I should probably speak a little better on that. While I have not had the best relationship with Mortal Kombat I certainly do not hate it. I hate X to a degree but that is one game in a huge franchise that while I am quick to insult with no remorse I do not even dislike it. I love fighting games as a whole and that combined with my lack of overall disliking of it has kept me intrigued enough to study and observer it as it grows with the rest of the genre.
Now I am here right now trying not to bad talk the series, but do bear with me if you can. Also feel free to criticize any of my beloved favourites my top two being Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Achse. In fact forget it, ill pull some out instead and you do more if you feel like it. Sasquatch is insanely good, Morrigan's sprite looked fine then but it aged badly from all her later appearances, Jedah(haha, personal taste joke) is not top tier, and barely better than the lowest characters and while the game's foaming-out-the-mouth speed thrills me to an almost erotic level it is way too off putting for some people and I get that. Some of the execution it needs also feels kind of old in this day in age but it was 1997.

In the recent decade I have sort of felt Mortal Kombat looked more casual to some of its typical fighting game cousins, as well as it and all fighting games central parent Street Fighter. Other games just felt like they required a bit more finesse and had respect for that while Mortal Kombat skill meant little to the level of comedic cartoony gore. Not that its a bad thing, heavens no. I appreciate that people can take one game and enjoy it in so many different ways. I am also aware of Mortal Kombat's arcade presence making it by default pretty hard compared to the average game. Even I felt a little bit overwhelmed by my earliest AI opponents though I am not sure if that was so much the AI or me barely knowing the controls and I swear making blocking a button function exists purely to confuse and agonize me. Not that Mortal Kombat is the only one guilty of that crime. Perhaps the better off criminal since all of the other games I know that did would do so years after Mortal Kombat came. I also think that for a series I touch only here and there Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is pretty damn good by that standard. I honestly regret saying that for the cabs and arcade boards I have seen I have still not seen one for UMK3 and hope to soon.
I also want to say with the last few iterations I know Mortal Kombat and NRS in general have been making their fighting games to appeal to a more competitive player base and I applaud them for that. I played a surprising lot of Mortal Kombat 9 when a friend gave it to me. Much more than Injustice because Injustice is fundamentally better than Mortal Kombat and a I feel should be declared "best fighting game by this dev ever" but as I have said before the game just puts me off too much with its spectacle and cinema and comic book nonsense than actual gameplay. Maybe the comic book nonsense was fine if it went less into the generic story and more into gameplay. Marvel Vs Capcom proved how fun that can be, extremely. So I like MK9 much more than Injustice even if I feel Injustice is a better made fighting game and respect it for that. Mortal Kombat X again I have a certain level of hatred for but yes I can finally be mature enough and agree it is a better version of Injustice and the previous Mortal Kombat. I know it puts a strong emphasis on gameplay without fans telling me and does it very well. How? Because during the time I had my free trial and now I have still been working on my rig and that meant it had issues running the game. Yet somehow I still had a lot of fun and that is pretty damned impressive. Also shoutout to brutalities. I never liked Fatalities, or babalities, or any other boring bullshit finishing move because I am a boring lamer who prefers good fights over boring and overly drawn out endings to fights. So the brutality thing works with the flow better. Not to sound like Yahtzee, in fact I wish he would either stop reviewing fighting games or during the rare times he does do another developer for a change.

I've heard numerous people also say that MKX's arcade ladders in single player are the most balanced, and fairly challenged ones yet by far, to which I'd have to agree. Gone are the days of the cpu pulling off i-frame throws or spamming projectiles whenever the player jumps. The inclusion of varied fighting styles is a big plus as well. Brutalities agreeably have also become more satisfying and rewarding to me than fatalities, and I hope they're carried over to the next one.

I know much of the story is cheesed up, but X's was quite a bit better than 9's as far as delivery. I'd like to see whatever they do next go a bit darker though. It can still keep some of the traditional humorous undertones (Toasty!, funny finishers, etc.), but bring the feel and atmosphere back to something like a mix of 1 and 2.

Can't say I really feel the same but I do not exactly want to see the franchise go away am always curious of how it grows.

PurplePonyArcade:
I should probably speak a little better on that. While I have not had the best relationship with Mortal Kombat I certainly do not hate it. I hate X to a degree but that is one game in a huge franchise that while I am quick to insult with no remorse I do not even dislike it. I love fighting games as a whole and that combined with my lack of overall disliking of it has kept me intrigued enough to study and observer it as it grows with the rest of the genre.
Now I am here right now trying not to bad talk the series, but do bear with me if you can. Also feel free to criticize any of my beloved favourites my top two being Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Achse. In fact forget it, ill pull some out instead and you do more if you feel like it. Sasquatch is insanely good, Morrigan's sprite looked fine then but it aged badly from all her later appearances, Jedah(haha, personal taste joke) is not top tier, and barely better than the lowest characters and while the game's foaming-out-the-mouth speed thrills me to an almost erotic level it is way too off putting for some people and I get that. Some of the execution it needs also feels kind of old in this day in age but it was 1997.

In the recent decade I have sort of felt Mortal Kombat looked more casual to some of its typical fighting game cousins, as well as it and all fighting games central parent Street Fighter. Other games just felt like they required a bit more finesse and had respect for that while Mortal Kombat skill meant little to the level of comedic cartoony gore. Not that its a bad thing, heavens no. I appreciate that people can take one game and enjoy it in so many different ways. I am also aware of Mortal Kombat's arcade presence making it by default pretty hard compared to the average game. Even I felt a little bit overwhelmed by my earliest AI opponents though I am not sure if that was so much the AI or me barely knowing the controls and I swear making blocking a button function exists purely to confuse and agonize me. Not that Mortal Kombat is the only one guilty of that crime. Perhaps the better off criminal since all of the other games I know that did would do so years after Mortal Kombat came. I also think that for a series I touch only here and there Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is pretty damn good by that standard. I honestly regret saying that for the cabs and arcade boards I have seen I have still not seen one for UMK3 and hope to soon.
I also want to say with the last few iterations I know Mortal Kombat and NRS in general have been making their fighting games to appeal to a more competitive player base and I applaud them for that. I played a surprising lot of Mortal Kombat 9 when a friend gave it to me. Much more than Injustice because Injustice is fundamentally better than Mortal Kombat and a I feel should be declared "best fighting game by this dev ever" but as I have said before the game just puts me off too much with its spectacle and cinema and comic book nonsense than actual gameplay. Maybe the comic book nonsense was fine if it went less into the generic story and more into gameplay. Marvel Vs Capcom proved how fun that can be, extremely. So I like MK9 much more than Injustice even if I feel Injustice is a better made fighting game and respect it for that. Mortal Kombat X again I have a certain level of hatred for but yes I can finally be mature enough and agree it is a better version of Injustice and the previous Mortal Kombat. I know it puts a strong emphasis on gameplay without fans telling me and does it very well. How? Because during the time I had my free trial and now I have still been working on my rig and that meant it had issues running the game. Yet somehow I still had a lot of fun and that is pretty damned impressive. Also shoutout to brutalities. I never liked Fatalities, or babalities, or any other boring bullshit finishing move because I am a boring lamer who prefers good fights over boring and overly drawn out endings to fights. So the brutality thing works with the flow better. Not to sound like Yahtzee, in fact I wish he would either stop reviewing fighting games or during the rare times he does do another developer for a change.

Injustice is an inferior Mortal Kombat. I pray that Injustice 2 adds a fucking block button, if nothing else.

I think a good fighting game is easy to learn, hard to master. I think most anime fighting games are complicated for the sake of complication and have no real depth. I dont think having a barrier to entry is a good thing. Mortal Kombat has only become better since MK 2011 (Its MK8, not 9, but I guess everyone calling it 9 had them give up with X, though they said early on it is called Mortal Kombat "Ex" not 10. Side gripe though). I loved the games before it, but it was purely for the world, since the gameplay was very lacking and undefined. As samey as Street Fighter used to be, it meant your skills in one game transferred to the next and I liked that. I hope characters that persist into future MK sequels stay similar enough that thats the case too.

And maybe you just like Mortal Kombat and just dont want to admit it? This whole "I like it, but I dont, but I respect it, even though I dont" really doesnt make sense.

Fatalities are just supposed to be a victory lap really. Though I do like how brutalities add a challenge cause you have to do certain things in a fight to do them, which is a more glorious victory lap.

Fact of the matter is that most early stuf is not nearly as complicated as the actual depth so anyone who stumbles and fails just trying to do that much simply would not even begin to comprehend the game on a high enough level to notably opine about it.

As for games like MK or Injustice, their main issue is that they don't rely on timing and achieve it through cuttin down your options. If you wanna do three punches in a row, even if you mash the button, even if you try to press it right to cancel one nornal into the next, it doesn't matte, they come out. So, for example, picture the move that comes out when you press punch three times, that third punch, you can't just use that one during neutral as you try to land a hit, and you can't use it after other moves, you HAVE to use it after the two other punches. This feels like being asked to swim while being constricted by a python. In airdashers you have access to ALL the moves at ANY time, barring the rare Rekka special here and there. The sheer difference that being able to throw out any move at any point adds to a game's depth is immesurable.

Oh no, I do not like it and not afraid to say it. I sort of like tiny things here and there. I like the characters Reptile. I like UMK3 if not all that much and 2011 even if both I play only so much/ I like those games but like is different from love and while their are a lot of fighting games I love and the genre itself Mortal Kombat is not something I even like.
While I think you are totally wrong on anime games in general there are a number of games that do that just for the sake of doing that and there are a few anime ones that do that. Aquapazza is one that commits that crime. Too me it that game felt too self-aware of it being a niche game and worked that too hard to alienate players. Delectably Guilty Gear since later versions Guilty Gear XX are insanely hard. Despite being a big fan of Daisuke as a designer and for his music I still wonder how he ended up making later versions of Guilty Gear the way he did that. Actually forget it, Guilty Gear IS one of the best examples beacuse while the complexity of anime games is good to a degree(Blazblue, Skullgirls and depending on how good or bad you look at it Melty Blood prove that) Daisuke himself said the series got too complex at that point and that is why they toned it way down with Guilty Gear Xrd to. For that reason I think that aside from the loss of speed with the changing of game engines that bugs me a bit I think Guilty Gear is going in the right direction right now.

Aye. A good fighting game is easy to learn, hard to master and I hope more games follow that design view in the future.

The engine is still the old one, the game just went back to Reload in a lot of ways, basically the combos are shorter and deal higher damage to even things out. Of course damage done by chars wih actual long combos ends up being on the absurd side, so at one moment you may like the system and at another you may start wondering why you lose in 3 combos on average vs some chars. Hell I use Sin so on some of he lower hp guys 2 combos suffice. I dunno, I started with BB and yet I had no issues difficulty wise geting into GG. It may just be that having a local community helps. Also Order Sol was a ton of fun too.

I don't recall preXrd games using Unreal? I am terrible with Order Sol, and Guilty Gear in general, but I like his animations.

PurplePonyArcade:
I don't recall preXrd games using Unreal? I am terrible with Order Sol, and Guilty Gear in general, but I like his animations.

Oh, you meant graphics engine. I was talking about the gameply engine which is the orignal one from the old GGs but modified.

Btw, funny thing about the Xrd graphics, they made the move onto them because their BB sprites are so good that they felt no sprites could stand out next to BB so they had to go another way to allow for Xrd to not be overshadowed.

If only all devs thought thus about game making.

Order Sol is all about pressue and rushdown. You have stubby but quick buttons, a low jump that lets you IAD and connect with air normals on standing foes, his force break is low invincible so if you have meter people can't use lows or they risk half their health and if he ever gets enough charge to do lvl 2 specials any touch will translate to about a third of a life bar. He also is great for practicing frcs on because his action charges have a wide window and a clear visual sign for when that window is. Finay, he gets easy grab combos in the corner and can can make a whiffed DP safe which literally nobody else can do, just these two things helped me a lot as I was getting used to stuff.

Dreiko:

PurplePonyArcade:

Oh, you meant graphics engine. I was talking about the gameply engine which is the orignal one from the old GGs but modified.

Btw, funny thing about the Xrd graphics, they made the move onto them because their BB sprites are so good that they felt no sprites could stand out next to BB so they had to go another way to allow for Xrd to not be overshadowed.

Order Sol is all about pressue and rushdown. You have stubby but quick buttons, a low jump that lets you IAD and connect with air normals on standing foes, his force break is low invincible so if you have meter people can't use lows or they risk half their health and if he ever gets enough charge to do lvl 2 specials any touch will translate to about a third of a life bar. He also is great for practicing frcs on because his action charges have a wide window and a clear visual sign for when that window is. Finay, he gets easy grab combos in the corner and can can make a whiffed DP safe which literally nobody else can do, just these two things helped me a lot as I was getting used to stuff.

Wow, I assumed Unreal did have way more than that to do with Xrd because of how much slower it is compared to previous Guilty Gear games. More you know I guess.

PurplePonyArcade:

Dreiko:

PurplePonyArcade:

Wow, I assumed Unreal did have way more than that to do with Xrd because of how much slower it is compared to previous Guilty Gear games. More you know I guess.

The game isn't slower, the same moves come out in the same amout of frames as in older GGs, what they changed was a much increased hitstop every time a hit connects and a three times as large input buffer window. Also they toned down how heavily momentum carries you forward. Basically, those are all intentional choices made to make the game feel how they wanted, if you play some of the intentionally faster chars like Chipp, Millia and Jam and especially DI Sol you will notice how they're not that much slower than in AC. And Sol still has a 2frame startup button during Dragon Install as well.

I don't want to derail the conversation or anything... and I don't know if I'm just venting here but yesterday me and some of my friends decided to boot up Street Fighter 5, which we hadn't play since release day and... man even with all the new characters and stuff the game is so slow and boring! The only remote fun I had was using Juri and I didn't win a single match with her, she's just fun to use is all :/

we ended up switching to KoF 14 and Guilty Gear which are way more enjoyable and fun despite not having the fame that SF has both of those games I can play without getting bored :(

GZGoten:
I don't want to derail the conversation or anything... and I don't know if I'm just venting here but yesterday me and some of my friends decided to boot up Street Fighter 5, which we hadn't play since release day and... man even with all the new characters and stuff the game is so slow and boring! The only remote fun I had was using Juri and I didn't win a single match with her, she's just fun to use is all :/

we ended up switching to KoF 14 and Guilty Gear which are way more enjoyable and fun despite not having the fame that SF has both of those games I can play without getting bored :(

I hear a lot of people say SFV is slow and boring. While i agree it may not the most flashy fighter i find the the pace pretty good. Most matches last between 15 and 45 seconds.

I am by no means an expert, i just got to gold this weekend with Ibuki ( to my defense i don't play much ranked). And once i reach gold and started fighting Gold players i could immediately see and feel the difference in skill level coming from silver.

Of course if you are comparing the speed of anime fighters there is definitely a noticeable speed difference. It's the difference between chess and speed chess.

That being said, you need the right mentality to play SFV correctly. You cannot just go in and do stuff, you need to have a base plan, work footies, and adapt as the match goes on ( unless you play ken fuck ken). I find that most people, who play online, are playing the game wrong. But again i am no expert.

Lufia Erim:

GZGoten:

I hear a lot of people say SFV is slow and boring. While i agree it may not the most flashy fighter i find the the pace pretty good. Most matches last between 15 and 45 seconds.

I am by no means an expert, i just got to gold this weekend with Ibuki ( to my defense i don't play much ranked). And once i reach gold and started fighting Gold players i could immediately see and feel the difference in skill level coming from silver.

Of course if you are comparing the speed of anime fighters there is definitely a noticeable speed difference. It's the difference between chess and speed chess.

That being said, you need the right mentality to play SFV correctly. You cannot just go in and do stuff, you need to have a base plan, work footies, and adapt as the match goes on ( unless you play ken fuck ken). I find that most people, who play online, are playing the game wrong. But again i am no expert.

I think that's not really the type of speed people usually mean. It's less about how quickly you move across the screen and more about the PACE of a match. Exchanges take just a whole lot longer comparatively. Someone jumps and you have what feels like a full second to react and DP, someone sweeps and you block it and they have some 15 frames of punishable recovery to be hit during. That sort of thing.

As for anime games, it really depends on the matchup when we go about how long it may take as far as seconds go. What is always fast though is the tempo, the momentum. Instead of walking back and forth whiffing medium kick while buffering specials in case someone walks into it, what you do is a torrent of mixups that incluse many overheads and lows, jump cancels mid blockstring, crossups with airdashes and so on.

Finally, if you just do stuff randomly, nothing will work in an anime fighter, cause each approach is strict so you have to consciously go for it. The adapting comes in that each of those various things can be countered so you do that counter. The difference is that the counter isn't to just block or dp because the game has other options such as blitz shield and head invincible normals and guard points and quick grabs that act as reversals. And of course these too lose if the attacker reads them right, since you can faultless defense to block a dp while jumping and punish it and there's ungrabbable buttons and you can yrc in the air to make the head invincible buttons whiff.

So contrasting someone whiffing medium kick twice and then jumping in a huge obvious ark and getting dpd vs someone doing a blockstring into instant airdash, canceled by air fd to bait the dp and punish it, which happens in half the time, and you see a game which loses none of the depth but makes for a much more exciting exchange.

I just want to leave this video here. It's ultrachen talking about a whole understanding fighting game hate. It's a long video of mostly talking but he makes some pretty good points. He even addresses the fact the " SFV is boring" opinion. If anyone has 45 minutes to kill I'd give it a watch.

That vid is not about not having an overal preference. Like, dislike, but overall enjoy or not, that is the distinction. When talking about a game bein slow and boring, that's overall, not just one thing like fadc or wakeup punch. Also he did say he couldn't think of many such issues about Xrd lol. Though I can, specifically, yrc in neutral, too strong. Also Millia and Zato have really good mixup. But yeah, they don't make the game boring.

I disagree because for all the issues I really enjoy Street Fighter V and partially because its way faster than IV. Now IV is too slow.

On the part about Millia and Zato making things boring, yeah they do in a way but its all in perspective. Part of that perspective is how much you enjoy the game and how much you enjoy seeing high level play. If you do then you will look past it. Or maybe you won't as is the case with more casual folk. Hey! I am not dissing casuals this time around. In fact I am trying to partially agree with them. What I mean is that while fighting games can be loved by anyone, and should be, a lot of people and not just casuals but mainly them will complain in every damn game you see on "too much of the same damn characters every year" and honestly it makes me cringe. Look, if you do not like top tiers that is totally cool. I love so many characters that are low tier, and few top, and everything in between. That said no matter what you do there will always be top tier characters and that is a fact. Balance is an illusion, a good illusion to follow, but it will never fully exist unless every character has the same moves, health, hitboxes, etc, and thats boring. Thats literally just playing Street Fighter '87. Yes, its boring sometimes but it does not make the game any less fun and certainly no less hype. I get it though and I LOVE seeing uncommon characters of said game in high level play to.
Sorry. I hope I did not take a word or two from Dreiko and go into the totally wrong direction. I just see all the "same character" whining too much and get tired of it and while I have no idea what XrdRev is like beyond wanting to play PumpkinBooty I do remember Millia and Zato being top of the previous Xrd with Faust somewhere trailing behind.

Regardless forget about Xrd, or anime fighting games in general and please everyone reading this thread look at the overall picture and remember tiers will ALWAYS be in competitive genres and that is okay. You do not have to live by them but it is always good to be aware of them and tiers will not stop you from having fun. In fact for the average person it might make the game more fun knowing you beat your opponent's top tier character with your lower tier character or in a top tier mirror match you won and made it clear you are the better player with that top character.

The issue with Zato and Millia isn't that they're overused, it's more that they have unblockable or 50-50guess mixup they can do so fighting them is a game of never get touched, if touched you already lost unless you burst. Hell there wasn no Millia this time at top 8 of Evo and my boy Sin ended up taking it so there really isn't much of an issue wih it bein borin to watch. At lower levels people simply aren't good enough to do those super good mixups as well. The more overused chars tend to be Ky Sol Raven and Elphelt, who are all very strong too.

Tiers only apply to top level play, Millia may be top tier but if you can't do the unreactable mixup the char you're usin is faaaar away from the top. So yeah, casuals needn't worry about them. Ease of use matters more at low levels, which is why chars like Sol do well, all his buttons are safe or plus, good dp, high guts, super mode. He has all the cool stuff. Even a command grab comboable without meter!

Yeah the issue some people have with characters like Zato/Millia is pretty much exactly what Dreiko said. They get one knockdown, and you have to play a pretty disadvantageous guessing game to even have a chance to escape without spending valuable resources.

Bad Moon is reactable, huehue.

I actually do not like the general pace of most SFV matches. SF4 almost always played out quicker for me. But I also played Dudley, so that might affect my perception a little bit.

And yes, tiers literally don't matter for the vast majority of players. If you're not competing anywhere to the absolute best of your ability, you probably shouldn't really be worrying about how your character stacks up against other characters. You should be worried about improving yourself.

Lufia Erim:

I don't play online at all, not really my cup of tea, I think I should clarify though that when I say slow I mean in comparison to the Alpha series or Third Strike (I didn't like 4 too much either) I'm well aware of pre fight prep and during fight adjustments, Street Fighter has been my bread and butter since the SNES days. But 5 just doesn't do it for me, I'm started playing it fairly regularly practicing with some characters (Ken and Ryu mostly) but the game just lacks something, idk what it is but it feels like it's missing whatever that thing was that made the old SF games so great.

Maybe I just need to go back to the tourney scene again or maybe the game's just missing that fun factor that Guilty Gear, KoF, and Smash WiiU have

Oh yes, if you have a local scene please support it! Every tournament I go to makes up one of the best times of my life.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/09/23/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-skullgirls-and-more-are-part-of-current-psn-flash-sale/

Just so you guys know. A bunch of fighting games are on special. At the moment.

Anyone know how the netcode for GG XRD revelator is? Also is the East Coast servers active or only half full?

Xrd netcode is amazing. Average match is 2-4f of input delay in the same region. East coast has always at least one lobby full and another half full. Just make sure you focus on player matches cause that is where we play as it is more expedient.

PurplePonyArcade:
Oh yes, if you have a local scene please support it! Every tournament I go to makes up one of the best times of my life.

Cannot stress this enough. If you have a local scene you damn well better support it. It'll make you and everyone there better quickly.

Lufia Erim:
Anyone know how the netcode for GG XRD revelator is? Also is the East Coast servers active or only half full?

The East Coast lobbies typically have the most players in my experience. I don't think you'll have problems finding people to play. Netcode is generally pretty good. If your internet isn't that great, I would not recommend playing coast to coast. If it is, coast to coast games will probably be bearable, but still not great. If you find players in your state or within a few states, frame delay is only 1-2f.

What a mess. Found about about Capcom's hidden rootkit bullshit and while I seem to be free of it the whole situation has got me pretty down and tired. Makes a strained relationship even worse since for all the things I dislike Capcom I was serious about liking Street Fighter V. I can't even fathom. I already understand what idiots they are, but it only seems to get worse and I am pretty sad of the state of affairs. Still more people need to talk about what they tried to do with the PC version of Street Fighter V.

What makes me sad about SFV is just that Capcom never seems to learn from their mistakes and always has another ridiculous blunder around the corner. If it's not ill-advised pricing on shitty DLC it's installing malware on your goddamn computer. If this were any other fighting game series the game would be getting dragged through the coals even more, but some people feel the need to stay dedicated to a game and company that clearly hasn't shown interest in releasing a full product or maintaining a great one.

I'm still not even sure what will actually happen to SFV after this year's Capcom Pro Tour is done. Only a few players at my local even bother to play it anymore. I can't bring myself to because I just don't really enjoy the game. Flashiness and stylish visuals as well as the pace of the game is a big part of what I look for in a fighting game I want to play, and SFV is not at a point where I can really see any of that. Even having played SF4 as my main game for a while years ago, I'm basically a player who is solely interested in playing anime fgs at this point. And that ultimately makes me so disappointed in Capcom.

It's just a good game that could be great if Capcom didn't drop the ball on almost every decision they've made regarding it.

Meanwhile, still going strong with Xrd after starting to play semi-seriously at the end of last year. I'm grateful that I live in somewhere where the local anime scene is relatively strong (not to mention having a scene that actually exists compared to a lot of places). I may have slowed down recently but I just cannot see myself quitting the game until the ArcSys cycle repeats itself. I just hope they wait a while on Guilty Gear, lol.

So the PSN flash sale has the new GG at $23.

Revelator is getting a new balance update and figure mode soon so it'll be relevant for ages, though the new BB is only weeks away as well, so it is a great time to like arcsys games.

What is this malware talk though? I don't follow capcom stuff that isn't vampire savior at all so I haven't heard. I admit I have some morbid curiosity lol.

edit: In a couple of weeks when I'm done with persona 5 I am thinking of maybe hosting a revelator lobby for people from here since we have a couple newer players learning the game and there's a sale and stuff so they can use all the experience they can get, I already have two folks from here on my flist so if anyone is interested feel free to speak up. I can use a mic to answer questions or we can type, I am fine with either. I know some tend to be apprehensive about mics so it should be good to arrange it beforehand.

Dreiko:

What is this malware talk though? I don't follow capcom stuff that isn't vampire savior at all so I haven't heard. I admit I have some morbid curiosity lol.

Latest version of PC SFV installed a rootkit on your computer. It was fixed quickly but it's another significant mistake in a long line of significant mistakes.

I'd be down with trying to get a lobby with new fellas going sometime. If not to play due to distance, at least to spectate those who can. And I need to play Dreiko again. No Jams here at all.

Hehe, that was like day 1 Jam, and she is only a sub but she has gotten better and does more meaty damage. I am a Sin main after all :D. I can picture her in the background cooking all his meals.

Sin is such a problem matchup for Slayer, but I honestly need the Jam experience more. I already get to play a Sin twice a week that usually places high in all the Seattle monthly tournaments that are going on. Either is good, I suppose. Just...the Sin matchup makes me so sad, even now.

The nerf to unchaged beak driver's recovery in theory makes the neural game easier for close range chars but the charged is still like in the old style so if someone can time it just as it becomes charged neutral will still be a pain. The damage nerf is honestly insignificant as well since everyone always burst out of the 80% stuff anyhow so it still takes roughly the same amount of hits to win if you do optimal stuff. It is more to nerf Sin's easymode stuff I think, since a lot people wouldn't do the relaunches with hawk baker into bull bash midscreen. Seein those people always made me feel bad too, imagine a slayer not going for the K bunker damage and doing he old 6H P bunker stuff from Sign, that feeling.

I do switch it around on request and I also have Dizzy Venom Ram and the chars everyone can play (Sol Ky) in my pocket so feel free to ask for anyone. Jam actually plays a lot like Bang so her playsyle is one I am most used to but Sin is just so cool that I instantly mained him. There was no Order Sol after all and food is like fire meter. Well, meater.

RaikuFA:
So the PSN flash sale has the new GG at $23.

Noted, thanks.

Sleepy Sol:
What makes me sad about SFV is just that Capcom never seems to learn from their mistakes and always has another ridiculous blunder around the corner. If it's not ill-advised pricing on shitty DLC it's installing malware on your goddamn computer. If this were any other fighting game series the game would be getting dragged through the coals even more, but some people feel the need to stay dedicated to a game and company that clearly hasn't shown interest in releasing a full product or maintaining a great one.

I'm still not even sure what will actually happen to SFV after this year's Capcom Pro Tour is done. Only a few players at my local even bother to play it anymore. I can't bring myself to because I just don't really enjoy the game. Flashiness and stylish visuals as well as the pace of the game is a big part of what I look for in a fighting game I want to play, and SFV is not at a point where I can really see any of that. Even having played SF4 as my main game for a while years ago, I'm basically a player who is solely interested in playing anime fgs at this point. And that ultimately makes me so disappointed in Capcom.

It's just a good game that could be great if Capcom didn't drop the ball on almost every decision they've made regarding it.

Meanwhile, still going strong with Xrd after starting to play semi-seriously at the end of last year. I'm grateful that I live in somewhere where the local anime scene is relatively strong (not to mention having a scene that actually exists compared to a lot of places). I may have slowed down recently but I just cannot see myself quitting the game until the ArcSys cycle repeats itself. I just hope they wait a while on Guilty Gear, lol.

Its been such a letdown as a fan of the game that I do not even know what to think at this point.

I have always had an issue getting too into Guilty Gear. I clicked with Blazblue right away but did not with Guilty Gear and still feel the growth of the relationship might be a bit slow. Forgive me if I already said that in this thread and forgot.
As I said I REALLY like and respect Daisuke as an artist, composer, developer, and designer and do not dislike the Guilty Gear series. I just do not like it as much as I wish I did.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here