Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 23 NEXT

Huh, the day Mortal Kombat X on PC FINALLY gets fixed just so happens to be National Vodka Day.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/01/mangagamer-bringing-golden-fantasia-west-announcement-trailer/

I had no idea this game would come back or come out in the west! Was it on PC in 2011? All I know was it was a rare case of being both Japan only and Xbox 360 only which just comes off as an oxymoron to me.

Actually, for a couple years the 360 was trying to win over Japan by bein the otaku system of choice. Stuff like Steins Gate, Guilty Gear Overture and Gal Gun all originated on the 360 but it was region locked so the west didn't realize that situation. Eventually they stopped though and then X1 happened, so now it sounds preposterous but for a couple years it would be the expected thing funnily enough. Hell, Arcana heart 3 didn't come in the west on xbox, only on ps3, but it did come out on xbox too in Japan. isn't that just bizzare lol.

That game is one I never heared of before which is not vey common XD. As it is based on a VN it looks right up my alley too. Cheers~

Saelune:

PurplePonyArcade:

Saelune:
Despite the topic suggesting this is about all fighting games, its mostly excluded discussion on games like Mortal Kombat for anime/"dasher" games.

Actually I encourage you to talk about Mortal Kombat as well, and any fighting game you please, even if its strange stuff like Shrek Super Slam or ugh...Clay Fighter. The latter apparently having a remake that should have been canned now with the company selling off all its assets.

Would help if it wasnt mostly you and Dreiko talking indirectly (quoting isnt a bad thing, it lets people know you are talking to them) about other games.

We all talk about the games we play, you know. I don't expect you to talk about games you have no interest in but likewise I am gonna talk about the games I am interestead in as well. I don't see how my doing that prevents anybody from talking about other games and I can't help bein passionate about games I am passionate about. As for quoting, I tend to do that when I think the information I present isn't gonna be helpful to anybody other than the quotee.

Though I did address the systems of MK in an older post here a couple pages back. The one where I talked about the difference that having access to all the moves at all instances makes for depth. I think nobody responded to it so the discussion wafted away but that is not on me who actually analyzed its systems and offered a reasoned point. So long story short, just talk about what you find interesting, nobody is stopping you XD.

I just want it to be clear that people are encouraged and by all means should speak of whatever fighting game related material they want here regardless of different tastes. So what if I was not the nicest to Mortal Kombat X? I still want people to talk about it. Regardless of what games I like and don't this is not about my personal preferences, its about people talking about the joy of fighting games, titles they like, asking for help, or whatever they please as long as it relates to fighting games.
Please do that and please have fun! <3

According to their twitter, BBCF will have a demo for the western version too from the 11th of this month. Same deal with the JP version it seems. All chars except Es and Mai, act 3 arcade mode, training mode and vs human available.

PurplePonyArcade:
If I am not mistaken, and I am often, Mortal Kombat Armageddon still has the biggest fighting game roster ever?

Whilst Mk Armgaddon might have the biggest roster of its series and a rather impressive one, that honor would go to Tobal 2 (sadly never released in the west), it had a whupping 200 characters :O
Actually that's a blast from the past, Tobal 1 was like the 3rd game i got for the ps1, it was a good fighting game with a really solid single player component.
That half reminds me, Budokai 3 had a great single player mode too. And Soul Blade series had decent ones too.. Modern fighting games really don't do enough with their single player modes :/

Anyways tobal 2 excluded, in the west I think the fighting games with largest roster would probably either go to 1 of the King of Fighter games (i recall one game having 60 characters?) and i recall someone mentioning one of the naruto fighting games has like 64 characters.

Also for the record i didn't get the vibe you were hating on mk, but felt the need to speak up about fatalities because it's a common sentiment i've seen in fighting game forums ive dabbled in that they are unnecessary/pointless and should just be removed. I have no shame admitting i love the bloody spectacle and it's one of the reasons i like the mk series, without the fatalities and blood and gore it loses a big part of its identity.

It's one reason why i was :/ that mk X dropped the super gory shark bites wounding of mk9,where fighters when taking damage would get chunks of flesh ripped out, exposing muscle and even bone, getting clothes super ripped etc) in favor of a more "realistic" approach to wounding (aka none, characters get a bit sweaty but that's about it) and heck, even character design. Boon even said in an interview he didn't want to offend anyone, which is a big reason female character design got heavily toned down, because of course you had SOME people bitching about it in mk9 and those were enough to ruin it for the rest of us. Such is the world we live in.

KOF 2002 UM I think you mean with about 57 in the arcade version and 64 in the home version.
200!? Holy shit you were not kidding!

Yeah, whining tends to ruin vidya a lot these days. Regardless of what side you take remove or add as you see fit I just want it to be less the creator being pressured by others and more their overall artistic vision. Especially in fighting games where simple appearance reflects a lot of design ideas and gives you a visual idea of the personality the creator wanted to give each character just by looking at the play and playing without even looking at their story.

I do not necessarily think fatalities should be removed I personally dislike them a bit. I think it should hold what it does to keep its identity. I do appreciate some change though for all the DLC shite that ruins it. Upon playing the Beta I was pleasantly surprised the game kept its option to enable more typical fighting game input as apposed to NRS ones and that made the game more enjoyable. I do NOT think it should be the only way to play just because I prefer that way. Though I certainly enjoy the option.

Don't most people just hit rematch without even letting the win screen finish in MK anyways to save time. It's all I've seen people do in tourneys I've been. So leave fatalities in or not, doesn't really matter. Those who like em use em those who don't pause and hit rematch. It's not like it takes any skill to do, it's just a cosmetic fancy win pose that wastes time you could have used to play half a round more or something lol.

Just remember that an updated version with new story and chars and balance can have other names besides extend. Also Mori is a notable, self admitted liar so in a way what he says is truth if you reverse it.

Now, this game seems to have over 40 hours of storymode and WILL conclude the story arc of Ragna, but I expect a new story arc to be set off in a sequel game which will take the place that an extend would have. Maybe they will shift onto the Bloodedge Experience books more, or maybe Bang will be the new protagonist. Either way more BB will be eventually hitting.

All valid points.

Yeah, I would never listen to a word Mori says.

He might have me by the balls with BlazBlue but I'm not going to pretend they aren't going to milk the release in some way eventually.

New (lol) character looks pretty booty. Will have to see how he works out in motion.

Dead Or Alive 5 Core Fighters is now available on Steam.

Can't wait to try out MKXL today on PC. Huge 23GB update.

hanselthecaretaker:
Can't wait to try out MKXL today on PC. Huge 23GB update.

Glad the game is finally fixed.

If I forget to mention any sales that come to the console platform I apologize. I want people here to be as aware of things like that as can be if it is relevant to them.

Holy crap susanoo is insane. He is bestial like a berserker kyuubi if that makes sense. He also is styled like Justice so basically slow but with huge, explosive moves that he relies on for mobility. He also unlocks his moves as he roars with his drive so he is great for teaching new players to utilize every move cause if you don't learn to do so he will be severely limited since to get that one move you would nornally use as a crutch you now have to learn all the rest of em too.

Here's footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhWo1X4n8vg

No Jubei still makes my own inner feline extremely salty.

Juubei has been in since CT in Tao's astral. He is too OP for this world otherwise. We can use his wife and daugter though, better than nothing.

Incidentally, my CF collectors edition is coming next Monday, can scarcely wait. Apparently Susanoo is locked from netplay for a week as well cause he is a huge spoiler. They really do respect their storymode so they don't wanna ruin it for people who don't follow stuff as closely. Also, he has his own version of Hakumen's speech.

His goes something like:

"Ware wa Gou, ware wa Riki, ware was Zen!

Waga mi wa subete wo tachikiru kami no tsurugi.

Waga na wa Takehaya Susanoou, oshite mairu!"

and in English:

"I am Manliness, I am Force, I am All That Be!

My body is the sword of God that will sever all existence.

My name is Takehaya Susanoou, by being in my presence you are aware of my identity and your demise!"

Ahh, love how theatrical the ye olde Japanese speeches tend to be.

Thats a poor excuse for no Jubei. Nice translations though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxDRu6NllA New Tekken 7 trailer featuring Miguel.

PurplePonyArcade:
No Jubei still makes my own inner feline extremely salty.

https://twitter.com/notBaf0/status/784794221223956484

I mean, it's not a guarantee, but...

3 days till I can get the NA CF demo. I'm gonna play the shit out of it. Need to practice Hibiki.

Hibiki is one of my high priority subs. They took my UNIEL main, Seth, gave him some attack on titan swords and an izuna drop. think I'd let that go. He also has some of the most exposive OD combos ever. 5K from DP rc od confirm ftw. Izanami and Es are up there too though, and now possibly susanoo as well. He has Justice's Michael Blade, aka, longest physical move ever (super one covers the entire screen, has maybe 10f startup). Also his 6A is a ki push full screen projectile that is also a strike up close, fast one too.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/10/new-razer-arcade-stick-is-in-production-according-to-infiltration-at-south-east-asia-major-2016/ I have never used any Razer sticks before. I'm happy with my Razer keyboard, but that is other genres. I just remember the excessive green and two sticks malfunction in the same tournament. Anyone here have experience with Razer sticks?

I play on a sixaxis, no stick knowledge here at all. Also, I have CF! The wait was worth it since I got this awesome swag infused famitsu LE. Now I'm busy relearning my fuurinkazan stuff. I can do double daifunka now thanks to the bumper, and combo ashura into daifunka as well. This game is nutters. Tons of great new music as well.

Well, don't have Central Fiction on hand though I play a friends copy. Love Nine currently. Strong neutral, easy oki and knockdown, movement allows for dodging a lot of attacks or just bypassing stuff (stupid Hazama chains get recked)

Starting to consider a sub but Es seems too low in damage output and Susanoo seems like too much work and i've heard that he might not be that good in the long run.

He needs exploration, the whole unlocking specials and whatnot can be a huge handicap but that od super where he gets em all at once I think will be crucial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxfDeQ1jtA Bump for Punch Planet, new indie fighting game coming soon to Steam Greenlight.

PurplePonyArcade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxfDeQ1jtA Bump for Punch Planet, new indie fighting game coming soon to Steam Greenlight.

Never even heard of this so thanks for bringing it up.

As its stands however it does not look very appealing visually and I am not talking about graphics just the art style and character design. Then there is the combat which while I cannot say much about how it feels (havent played) it looks like it may end up being to convoluted and that newcomers will be lost more than usual.

I do think there is an opportunity for new fighters to distinguish themselves but I feel this one may play to traditional to do that plus its always hard for a new IP in the genre let alone one with low market presence and no immediate thing that grabs the attention to distinguish it from other bigger better known fighters.

After a few days with CF, this is definitely the best fighter ever. The netcode is great, challenge mode actually teaches you useful, optimal combos, multiple chars who possess playstyles unique to all of fighters have been added (Izanami is especially glorious) and the story that begun 7 years ago is reaching the finale I always dreamed of. 10 hours in and I am gripped thoroughly. Also, the new music, oh god is it amazing, more vocal themes, more death and heavy metal, a new rendition of my all time fav BB song, Stardust Memories, made it even. The new chars are all beautifully sprited too.

Dreiko:
After a few days with CF, this is definitely the best fighter ever. The netcode is great, challenge mode actually teaches you useful, optimal combos, multiple chars who possess playstyles unique to all of fighters have been added (Izanami is especially glorious) and the story that begun 7 years ago is reaching the finale I always dreamed of. 10 hours in and I am gripped thoroughly. Also, the new music, oh god is it amazing, more vocal themes, more death and heavy metal, a new rendition of my all time fav BB song, Stardust Memories, made it even. The new chars are all beautifully sprited too.

Good to know.

Baiken is all fine and good. If the fans want her thats cool but frankly I could care less. I may not be the bigget Guilty Gear fan but if you want my undying support and more money A.B.A is the only true choice. Bridget would peak my interest though.

I had an unlikely and interesting idea, a Mortal Kombat anime. Anyone?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here