are you going to buy mass effect andromeda?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

the question is simple. are you going to buy mass effect andromeda?

i personally am not going to. because EA is a shitty publisher, bioware destroyed the last shred of good will in DA:I, the lead writer is a dirty racist (yes you can be racist against whites. who knew.), the animations look like SHIT, even considering that its bioware. this is exceptionally bad. gameplay looks like an unfocused mess. and im not willing to give them the benefit of doubt anymore.

are you going to get it?

After seeing this?

Aaaahahahaha fuck no! Now excuse me while I silently cry at this awfulness.

Edit:
Put in a different vid because the most hilarious one got deleted. Damn, it was so funny...

I am turned off by the main male character I am forced to play as:

Look at that douchebag hair and tha douchebag face, It looks like I am playing what people stereotypes as Millennials.

And of course he's voiced by Nolan North in his Nathen Drake voice and of course he talks like a guy filled with sarcastic quips.

Give me back my Default Faced Male Paragon Shepard please.

Samtemdo8:

Look at that douchebag hair and tha douchebag face, It looks like I am playing what people stereotypes as Millennials.

And of course he's voiced by Nolan North in his Nathen Drake voice and of course he talks like a guy filled with sarcastic quips.

Give me back my Male Paragon Shepard please.

You know there's a female option too right? and that you can customize them?

I already preordered. And I've seen nothing that makes me want to cancel anything. quite a few people on other forums have said after playing the 10 hour EA access preview that everything in that video is being blown WAAAY out of proportion. That yes there are a few goofy animations but that's not really that different then the old games. And Apparently that clip of Sarah's legs going everywhere was proven somewhere (gonna guess Reddit can't find the link) to be caused by the player spinning both sticks in circles while moving forward. Weird looking yes but that's just trolling. As for Manveer yeah he's a jerk at best but I'm not going to boycott a company for one racist idiot.

If he were the CEO then it might be a different story. I still refuse to give any of my money to Chick-fil-a.

darkcalling:

Samtemdo8:

Give me back my Male Paragon Shepard please.

You know there's a female option too right? and that you can customize them?

I already preordered. And I've seen nothing that makes me want to cancel anything. quite a few people on other forums have said after playing the 10 hour EA access preview that everything in that video is being blown WAAAY out of proportion. That yes there are a few goofy animations but that's not really that different then the old games. And Apparently that clip of Sarah's legs going everywhere was proven somewhere (gonna guess Reddit can't find the link) to be caused by the player spinning both sticks in circles while moving forward. Weird looking yes but that's just trolling. As for Manveer yeah he's a jerk at best but I'm not going to boycott a company for one racist idiot.

If he were the CEO then it might be a different story. I still refuse to give any of my money to Chick-fil-a.

Female does not look good either....

And the problem with making a custom face is:

1. I still retain the charcater's annoying personality either way.

2. The problem with Custom faces is that they look "downgraded" I mean to use in example when you make a custom face in the past Mass Effect games, especially 2 and 3 noticed how your face looks...dated, compared to the faces of the main charcaters like Miranda Lawson and Illusive Man. You stick out like sore thumb with a Custom Made face. Doesn't help because of the fact they based the faces of said main charcaters on real people. Where a custom face is one made from Scratch.

Yeah, I intend on giving it a look.

Combat looks like fun.

The facial animations just look like Bioware Business As Usual to me. Which is obviously not a good thing, especially given the standards that other developers have managed of late, but I'll probably be able to deal with it.

As for the story and whether or not they Inquisition all over it, well, that remains to be seen.

I only recently heard of this game, so probably not for a while. looks cool though.

I will definitely still pick it...eventually. I love mass effect too much to not get it, but with everything everyone has been saying, and everything that's been shown, I am not excited to jump into this mass effect like I was when I beat ME2 the first time and had ME3 waiting for me.

Really disappointed with what I've heard of the character creator too. I haven't seen how restricted it is, but to hear how restrictive it is sucks. And also, just fuck Nolan North...go away from the industry for a couple years, god damn. Just stop being the main character in everything.

With the recent footage... it'll have to conjur up something spectacular for me to forget about all that wank and jank. As it stands I'm not picking it up, unless somehow reviews show a different side, which I'm sure some'll try.

Not in the forseeable future. I used to love bioware RPGs, but their latest installments have burned me. I think I'll pick this one up when it gets on a major sale. Maybe.

after playing ME3 i would have been hesitant but since the designer is a blatant racist i refuse to give my money to bioware.

Maybe in a year or two, for $5, after all the mega updates that make is more than just Mass Effect Naked Gun

Not for full price and not at launch. I'll wait for some patches to iron out the worst of the kinks, and for the price to drop enough for me to tolerate its jankiness.

I don't know. I enjoy third person cover shooting. ME:A's comnbat looks fun, but the soft cover system always pisses me off. The open-ness and the focus on what looks like really clunky jump packs don't appeal to me either. And I'm not confident in the ability of whoever is developing this to make exploration fun. And the voice acting in general is really annoying. I know the characters are somewhat younger here, but man... It's like every characters is Jacob.

As for the animations, well, ME has never been amazing with them. If voice acting is all Jacob, then animations are all Miranda. when this game has such nice graphics the shitty animations really stand out. And they do seem worse than usual.

So yeah, gonna wait for a sale. Like almost every game coming out recently. Of the most recent games, only Zelda and Horizon Zero Dawn seemed to meet people's expectations. Injustice 2 is up next and I am no longer excited for it.

No. Maybe years later, after it lands in bargain bin.

Absolutely.

Faces look like...Bioware faces. How has this gone on for years without you guys noticing?

Other animation bugs....I did not encounter during my 10 hour trial. Even so, a walking idle animation is an easy thing to accept when...

The game is fun. Like, the actual playing the game part, super fun. My 10 hours left me eager to jump back in at release.

Props to all the people who normally say graphics are secondary to gameplay, suddenly reversing their opinions to get in some Bioware hate though. Makes for some wildly entertaining reading.

mass effect has always had funky voice acting and animation but this? "my face is tired"?? made me wince.

i was planing to preorder but yeah its definitely a wait and see with it. i dont have a positive feeling about it

IF I ever get it(BIG "if"), it will be bought used for no more than $5USD. And I'm going to go into it expecting to laugh and cringe at how awful it is.

Ahahah.. I will wait to see the real game before taking my decision. Seriously, the artistic direction is a failure.

I will eventually. I love the Mass Effect Trilogy, the Dragon Age Trilogy (yes, that includes 2), and basically everything they've really spit out. It will take some pretty universally negative reviews for me to not give it a chance.

Although I will not get it immediately. I have a big backlog to play and I'm not excited enough about the new Mass Effect game to let it leapfrog the pile like I did when Mass Effect 3 came out.

After everything I've seen...hell no. Not for a while at least. Maybe once it's on sale for 50% off I'll give it a try, since I do love Mass Effect overall. But it's definitely not worth 60 or even 40 euros to me.

Nah. While I find Biowares lack of animation polish and proper voice acting direction repulsive, it is not the reason I won't buy it.

The reason is that despite me liking ME games (even 3, except the ending), I kind of lost passion for them. Maybe it was ME3 ending that did me, or maybe something else, I don't know. Plus, it seems that writing and characters in Andromeda (according to what I've read) are also not very good.

Oh, and the fact that it's on Origin is also off-putting.

And this is sad, because ME is like what, the only big space opera on the market? You just know that EA will simply say "Well, It can't be technical issues, or that most people that made Bioware good have left, it MUST be that people hate Sci-Fi. All Sci-Fi games are canceled".

Definitely... in a year; when it goes on sale and its major glitches are patched up.

At some point yes. Not much options on sci-fi space operas.

But not till its $25 or lower. And even that seems to be excessive for what I've seen about the game. Don't know how I'll bear though all the unrelated politics, when all I want to do is to explore a galaxy. Which I may not ever be able to do in my lifetime.

Already bought and pre-loaded. Andromeda here I come.

Yep. Already blew through my 10 hour trial too. Can't wait to actually relax and okay it instead of worrying about a time limit

Nah.

I was on the fence, but, I played the trial, and honestly, the storyline is so uninteresting to me, I'm struggling to get through that.

It might get better. But, so far it's not convinced me it's worth finding out.

No the writing doesn't seems good, and I didn't care to finish the last Bioware game I got do to boring writing.

No. I'm still steering clear of anything with EA's name on it. Although I've come to realize that every major AAA publisher is shit.
And after seeing that video Cowabungaa posted, definitely not.

Yes, I played the early access and it was great, encountered no weird animations or glitches and the game looks amazing.

I'm going back and forth but I think I'll probably pick it up.. I've been wanting a sci-fi game recently. I think I'll still wait for reviews to come out to make a decision

Yup, because I like it.

i already did and haters be damned

Yes, definitely.

Just not yet....not yet.

My computer isn't good enough to run the game and even if it was I wouldn't buy a NEW game regardless. Why buy the buggy, overcosted, incomplete version of ANY game these days when you can get the 'complete edition' 2+ years down the road for $20.00?

The game could be a 10/10 perceived masterpiece and I'd still take the same approach. I just don't have it in me to buy incomplete games at full price anymore.

When it's under 10 bucks and through a third party?

Suuuure. Why not?

I've made worse decisions about how to spend my time on this earth.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here