Dragonball FighterZ - arc system works are making a dbz fighter for non-handheld consoles/pc!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I posted this information in the dedicated fighter topic but since not many people read it(or at least post there) I figured a topic is also in order.

So, turns out Arc system works, creators of Blazblue and Guilty Gear among others, is working on a 3v3 dbz fighting game for the big systems and not a portable for once!

The graphics seems to utilize their Guilty Gear Xrd style of 2.5D anime-like look, which is perfect for this job.

https://agd.s-ul.eu/givvDIoZ

Are we finally to get a proper competitive dbz fighting game that isn't made on M.U.G.E.N? Only time will tell. I am hopeful! :D

I am waiting for more info. I think Arc could make an incredible DBZ game hopefully one that leans more towards GG and BB than Naruto Shippuden ultimate (although I do like those as well).

The 3 V 3 I am not so sure about but that is only because I generally do not like 3 on 3 unless it is done in a specific way i.e KOF style or Gundamn vs style (yes I know they tend to be 2 on 2) and not the tag style either with or without assists. I am also wondering about the 3 v 3 thing in relation to DB. Granted I know they form teams but a team of does not seem to be standard unlike say Naruto or Final Fantasy (for Dissidia arcade) just think it might feel a little weird.

I hope I can at least make a Goku, Piccolo, Chichi team.

Regardless not that much to go on atm.

I think I'll wait for more info. I like Arc Sys games, but I tried the demo for Extreme Butoden, and it really wasn't for me. If it ends up more like Guilty Gear or Blazblue with a Dragon Ball skin though, I'll see if I can day one it (if it comes to PC that is, I don't have a PS4, and the PS3 is dead right now).

DarklordKyo:
I think I'll wait for more info. I like Arc Sys games, but I tried the demo for Extreme Butoden, and it really wasn't for me. If it ends up more like Guilty Gear or Blazblue with a Dragon Ball skin though, I'll see if I can day one it (if it comes to PC that is, I don't have a PS4, and the PS3 is dead right now).

It's is heading to PC.

RaikuFA:

It's is heading to PC.

Good on Namdai for funding a PC release of it. Now we just need to see if it's like Guilty Gear or Blazblue.

Ps4/x1/steam are the systems, they list it in the link above btw :P.

The game seems to be going for an anime style superior company marvel vs capcom type with arcsys flavor of game according to the leaker of this info (which apparently was to be revealed in 2 days from now).

Trailer is out!
HYPE!

This really is GG with 3v3 and hype DBZness using Xrd graphics, all the rumors were right!

It will be cool if it has Super story line or bizzaro alternate universe (just please not the regular story, I think I've seen it doznes of times). It's Arc System so the quality will be top notch.

Closed beta coming in the summer according to bandai namco's EU twitter!

Hopefully the beta is on PC.

Dreiko:
Trailer is out!
HYPE!

This really is GG with 3v3 and hype DBZness using Xrd graphics, all the rumors were right!

To be fair, Arc Sys has done Dragon Ball games recently. For all we know, it could be an HD, 2.5D version of Extreme Butoden.

DarklordKyo:

Dreiko:
Trailer is out!
HYPE!

To be fair, Arc Sys has done Dragon Ball games recently. For all we know, it could be an HD, 2.5D version of Extreme Butoden.

Nah, based on leaks it's aiming at being on evo so it's competitive, think of it like persona 4 arena. Also beta is not on pc apparently.

Any word on what/how many characters there are going to be?

So far we've got Freeza, Perfect Cell, Fat Buu, Goku, Vegeta and Teen Gohan[1]. Without Piccolo, that's hardly even the bare minimum, tho there will no doubt be more.

[1] Don't know why this Gohan is commonly called 'Teen' tho. He was barely ~10 during the Cell Games

Chimpzy:
Any word on what/how many characters there are going to be?

So far we've got Freeza, Perfect Cell, Fat Buu, Goku, Vegeta and Teen Gohan[1]. Without Piccolo, that's hardly even the bare minimum, tho there will no doubt be more.

No word yet, this has only been known to exist for approximately 3 days now.

I will say that you should temper expectations, however. Arcsys lovingly crafts each char over many months, which is how they achieve that amazing look they have. They go for quality over quantity so I'd say around 20 chars will be what we get and that's me being optimistic.

(Gohan spent a year's worth + some change training with Goku in the time chamber so once he came out he was like 12-13 despite it only having been a day in the real world.)

[1] Don't know why this Gohan is commonly called 'Teen' tho. He was barely ~10 during the Cell Games

We have GAMEPLAY in here!:

Transformations confirmed in, Gold Frieza acts as a 3 bar super which lasts about as long as Sol's Dragon Install during Hellfire.

Meter limit seems to be way higher than 5 which is expected, at least can go up to 7, prolly even more!

Planetary destruction confirmed!

Assists are not invincible combo breaks!

This game has HOMING from arcana heart!

Dreiko:

Chimpzy:
snip

I will say that you should temper expectations, however. Arcsys lovingly crafts each char over many months, which is how they achieve that amazing look they have. They go for quality over quantity so I'd say around 20 chars will be what we get and that's me being optimistic.

Oh no, I'm not saying they should include each and every character and their mom. With the amount of possible Dragonball characters, that could quickly balloon into 100+ fighters, especially if they include GT, Super and the movies/specials, which is just silly. And I'd rather not they include multiple versions of the same character as separate fighters as they did in the past i.e. 2-3 each of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, ...

I agree 20 is a good number.

(Gohan spent a year's worth + some change training with Goku in the time chamber so once he came out he was like 12-13 despite it only having been a day in the real world.)

One quick check later and in-universe, Gohan was born in the year 757, while the Cell Games took place in 767. Taking into account the year in the time chamber, that makes Gohan 10-11 at most.

Come to think of it, he was creepily young for most of DBZ. Little dude faced off against Freeza as a 6 year old. Goku himself was 12 at the start of Dragonball (tho he didn't look it). Still young, but not 'barely out of kindergarten' young.

Chimpzy:

Dreiko:

Chimpzy:
snip

Oh no, I'm not saying they should include each and every character and their mom. With the amount of possible Dragonball characters, that could quickly balloon into 100+ fighters, especially if they include GT, Super and the movies/specials, which is just silly. And I'd rather not they include multiple versions of the same character as separate fighters as they did in the past i.e. 2-3 each of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, ...

I agree 20 is a good number.

One quick check later and in-universe, Gohan was born in the year 757, while the Cell Games took place in 767. Taking into account the year in the time chamber, that makes Gohan 10-11 at most.

Come to think of it, he was creepily young for most of DBZ. Little dude faced off against Freeza as a 6 year old. Goku himself was 12 at the start of Dragonball (tho he didn't look it). Still young, but not 'barely out of kindergarten' young.

Yeah, it's a saiyan thing, they're supposed to kill planets just by being babies that turn to oozaru after all. They're able to be violent from a young age and even as babies are extremely intelligent.

Also, look at all that hype gameplay! XD

Dreiko:
extremely intelligent.

Extremely intelligent and Goku are two things I don't really see fit together. Exception to the rule then?

That might just be me supplanting the actual characters with their DBZ Abridged characterizations tho.
Then again, Super Goku sometimes approaches DBZA Goku levels of stupid.

Chimpzy:

Dreiko:
extremely intelligent.

Extremely intelligent and Goku are two things I don't really see fit together. Exception to the rule then?

That might just be me supplanting the actual characters with their DBZ Abridged characterizations tho.
Then again, Super Goku sometimes approaches DBZA Goku levels of stupid.

Goku hit his head as a baby which rid him of his evil nature as well as his intelligence! We can see Goku Black for a comparison.

More gameplay!

Frieza apparently has 3 different lvl 3 supers so far. (Gold transformation, his purple orb tackle and his revenge blast after getting cut by his own kienzan)

Bumping for more gameplay footage to be noticed!

Dreiko:

Maybe it's the fact that you have bang Shishigami as your avatar, but I get an ever so slight, sneaking suspicion that you're hyped for the game.

Once again, i literally cannot see what is going on. Come on, guys, you cn do better than two goddamn poses for every attack.

We have control scheme confirmation!

Light Attack
Medium Attack
Heavy Attack
Special Attack (think of this as the drive button from blazblue, it does unique things based on the char, Goku's is his regular Ki blast apparently)
Z Assist

Light + Special = Charge (self explanatory, fills your super meter)

Medium + Heavy = Vanish (the teleport that acts like a classic RC where you cancel any action and appear behind your foe wherever they may be, uses super meter)

Light + Medium = Dragon Rush (the dust-like mechanic where you launch them in the air, chase up after them with a cool camera angle, then do an air combo)

Heavy + Special = Super Dash (Homing Dash from arcana heart, reportedly it can be used to avoid projectiles, not sure if it's projectile invuln or you just maneuver around them with it)

Light + Medium + Heavy + Special = Sparking Blast (your usual Arcsys burst, in this game it seems to be one per round instead of the regenerating bursts in GG, it also restores your blue life for a small period after use, and seems to also be usable to cancel attacks and extend combos as well as to escape from being comboed)

Additionally, the inputs required are similar to persona 4 arena with no DP inputs, just fireball inputs.

DarklordKyo:

Dreiko:

Maybe it's the fact that you have bang Shishigami as your avatar, but I get an ever so slight, sneaking suspicion that you're hyped for the game.

Look at DarklordSherlock over here, being smart! :D

Dreiko:

Look at DarklordSherlock over here, being smart! :D

Why, thank you for recognizing my obviously-masterful powers of deduction. Sherlock Holmes, eat your heart out, lol :-p

This looks like it'll be the best Dragonball Z game to ever be made. It looks exactly how I envisioned my favorite ideal gameplay.
Street Fighter controls would be nicest. The Marvel vs Capcom influences are also nice. Very short charge-ups versus those SFV minute long always the same, predictable damage mini-movies are cool once, and become significantly less cool with every time you have to wait for the thing to finish.

More gameplay!

Once I can build enough endurance in my system to stomach something like Dragon Ball Z I think I will find an incredible fighting game. Even better since I did not learn of the PC release until today.

This and Super Street Fighter V update gets me all excited to take out my fighting stick.

Developer interview and more gameplay!

is there going to be not shit tier SP content, or will they go cheap and shit like Capcom (that MvCI looks embaaaaaaaarrassing, and SFV sp was hot dogshit)

'cus so far it's all been FGC-bro bait, and that's turning me off incredibly already, giving the vibe that they're doubling down on vs and nothing else, always talking about that esports shit

who am I kidding

MOAR GAMEPLAY!

MC1980:
is there going to be not shit tier SP content, or will they go cheap and shit like Capcom (that MvCI looks embaaaaaaaarrassing, and SFV sp was hot dogshit)

'cus so far it's all been FGC-bro bait, and that's turning me off incredibly already, giving the vibe that they're doubling down on vs and nothing else, always talking about that esports shit

who am I kidding

It might have a decent single player. Every other recent Arc Sys game has had a robust single player offering. If it does, it'll probably be in the style of Guilty Gear Xrd (smaller stories in the Arcade mode, and a massive film that makes up the main story mode).

MC1980:

who am I kidding

Anime fgc is closer to an anime fan gathering than a bro gathering :p. (people cosplay, we go to korean BBQ or Karaoke, there's actual women around, the works!)

But yeah, you can base that on their other properties. Blazblue Central Fiction came out with something like a 30+ hour storymode on top of arcade mode on top of other various single player modes and with great netcode.

MC1980:

who am I kidding

I cannot understand your grammar. Sorry.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here