Dragonball FighterZ - arc system works are making a dbz fighter for non-handheld consoles/pc!

Pages PREV 1 2

DarklordKyo:
It might have a decent single player. Every other recent Arc Sys game has had a robust single player offering. If it does, it'll probably be in the style of Guilty Gear Xrd (smaller stories in the Arcade mode, and a massive film that makes up the main story mode).

Dreiko:
Anime fgc is closer to an anime fan gathering than a bro gathering :p. (people cosplay, we go to korean BBQ or Karaoke, there's actual women around, the works!)

But yeah, you can base that on their other properties. Blazblue Central Fiction came out with something like a 30+ hour storymode on top of arcade mode on top of other various single player modes and with great netcode.

Yeah, I was in a mood when I wrote that, didn't want to seem as snide towards the game. I'm a bit familiar with some of the BB games, and have looked at GG videos. I was thinking of something with higher production values than those.

I enjoyed BB's content, especially when they added stylish mode in the 2nd(?) one, for what it was, but it really wasn't more than a cheapo VN with fights. GG looks like budget in engine anime/VN hybrid. And the extra game modes are always, I don't know, half-assed? Arcade mode is expected but 10 fights where only 4 matter and the rest is filler is really pushing it. Score Attack, Abyss mode and whatever else all seem a bit barebones. Like, they're stretching something way too far. Their existance is welcome, as it shows that they understand what a fighting game post the year 2000 should be like, unlike other companies, *cough*Capcom*cough*, but it's still kinda thin.

I'm just looking to see if they improved the overall production quality in their SP stuff, 'cus a BB style VN or even the GG cutscenes as they are come across kinda cheap. But, I guess Arc Sys is not that big of a company to do that. Hoped that they could elevate themselves in that department too, now that they're working on huge brand like DBZ. XV1&2, for all their mediocrity, are still the most effort put into the SP of a DB game.

PurplePonyArcade:
I cannot understand your grammar. Sorry.

No need to apologise for your personal problems with English.

Producer interview:

Quote to end all quotes:

"In this game, rather than merely using a level up system or a customization feature, users will have to use their mind, their skills, and their techniques to master the game."

All of my yes.

MC1980:

DarklordKyo:
It might have a decent single player. Every other recent Arc Sys game has had a robust single player offering. If it does, it'll probably be in the style of Guilty Gear Xrd (smaller stories in the Arcade mode, and a massive film that makes up the main story mode).

Dreiko:
Anime fgc is closer to an anime fan gathering than a bro gathering :p. (people cosplay, we go to korean BBQ or Karaoke, there's actual women around, the works!)

But yeah, you can base that on their other properties. Blazblue Central Fiction came out with something like a 30+ hour storymode on top of arcade mode on top of other various single player modes and with great netcode.

Yeah, I was in a mood when I wrote that, didn't want to seem as snide towards the game. I'm a bit familiar with some of the BB games, and have looked at GG videos. I was thinking of something with higher production values than those.

I enjoyed BB's content, especially when they added stylish mode in the 2nd(?) one, for what it was, but it really wasn't more than a cheapo VN with fights. GG looks like budget in engine anime/VN hybrid. And the extra game modes are always, I don't know, half-assed? Arcade mode is expected but 10 fights where only 4 matter and the rest is filler is really pushing it. Score Attack, Abyss mode and whatever else all seem a bit barebones. Like, they're stretching something way too far. Their existance is welcome, as it shows that they understand what a fighting game post the year 2000 should be like, unlike other companies, *cough*Capcom*cough*, but it's still kinda thin.

I'm just looking to see if they improved the overall production quality in their SP stuff, 'cus a BB style VN or even the GG cutscenes as they are come across kinda cheap. But, I guess Arc Sys is not that big of a company to do that. Hoped that they could elevate themselves in that department too, now that they're working on huge brand like DBZ. XV1&2, for all their mediocrity, are still the most effort put into the SP of a DB game.

Arcsys I believe is something like a 130 person team, and Xrd was made with only like 30 people, so expecting production values in those areas is kinda unreasonable :P. They make visual novel fighting game hybrids, that's their niche. Gameplay-wise and competition-wise, they're at the top, so as a fan of good games from a depth aspect, I can't complain. Also, as an anime fan, the voice actors they use are my sign of high production values, because they really are top notch anime VAs. You'd have to follow anime to appreciate that though, I guess.

And yeah, the other modes outside of netplay, storymode and the various tutorials are kinda throwaway, because people get these games to fight humans and improve. They do put in the modes for the few people who might prefer them and to have a bigger offering but these games primarily focus on making as best a pvp experience as they can manage. I must have played Xrd some 1500 hours already since 2014 and not once have I bothered with a mode that isn't story, training, tutorial or vs/online vs.

Oh and "cheapo vn" with some 30+ hours of entirely voiced content from top tier anime VAs is an oxymoron. It's about as un-cheapo as a VN can get!

We got Future Trunks confirmation!

MC1980:

DarklordKyo:

Dreiko:

PurplePonyArcade:
I cannot understand your grammar. Sorry.

No need to apologise for your personal problems with English.

Cheap? Well I do remember Accent Core's attempt at a "story mode" boring me to tears. I admit BB's are kind of very basic but that's sort of the thing I expect visual novel fans to enjoy and I suppose it might be too expensive to make every scene in BB an actual anime. Then again there was apparently enough money floating around to make that godawful anime series so who knows?

As I said before I could care less if Fighter Z has a story mode since I am not a fan of Dragon Ball Z but Arc System Works' flavor of fighting games, even then I am not saying it should not have one.

Trunks looking sharp and sploady!

How many characters are we thinking? Around about 15? Maybe more. I haven't played many of their games, but Arc Systems are all about the systems and making every character play differently. I'm not sure how you could do that with Dragon Ball since with a few exceptions (ie Buu) they're all kind of...the samey. Different projectiles and supers, but I'm not sure what else.

Since we got Trunks confirmation, I figure Piccolo is the next logical step. After that, I figure we'll get at least one other version of Buu, Goten, kid Trunks (and by extension Gotenks, as well as the other fusions), adult Gohan/Saiyaman, Krillin, Broly, and/or Beerus. Maybe some other movie villains, or some Super representation like Hit, Goku Black or Zamasu.

I'm thinking 20-25 or so. Not a big roster but lots of uniqueness.

I wish the beta was coming to PC as well but I am not sure if I could obtain a code if it did.

So, they just announced a playable demo will be at EVO, kinda predictable but at the same time good to have confirmation of it.

EVO side tourney stream is live RIGHT NOW!

https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

In case you missed the stream, youtube's here for you:

Trunks revealed, beta test registration begins September 26!

I wonder how big the budget for this is. Bamco probably gave them a rather big one considering their renown and the property they're adapting. The Blazblue series launched with 13 playable characters, but considering this is a 3v3 tag game with deeply fleshed out and explored lore/characters, they really should be shooting for the 20's.

That said, let's hope they manage to cram in all of the DBZ favorites AND some of the more recent DBS characters. Beerus, Black and/or Zamasu, Hit, and maybe one of the universe 6 female saiyans (might be a bit early though). Jaco could be fun too.

I'll be happy as long as we get Piccolo, 18, and ultimate/mystic Gohan, which are all pretty much shoe-ins.

Fappy:
I wonder how big the budget for this is. Bamco probably gave them a rather big one considering their renown and the property they're adapting. The Blazblue series launched with 13 playable characters, but considering this is a 3v3 tag game with deeply fleshed out and explored lore/characters, they really should be shooting for the 20's.

That said, let's hope they manage to cram in all of the DBZ favorites AND some of the more recent DBS characters. Beerus, Black and/or Zamasu, Hit, and maybe one of the universe 6 female saiyans (might be a bit early though). Jaco could be fun too.

I'll be happy as long as we get Piccolo, 18, and ultimate/mystic Gohan, which are all pretty much shoe-ins.

Xrd's amazing graphics and gameplay were created with a 30-man team so even modest resources can produce amazing results here. Also, this being a tag game, a lot less work goes into each char as opposed to a GG game. In this game it's better to think of teams as single characters and combine their tools, meaning, it's actually realistic to expect a roster significantly larger than their typical games, but of course it won't be above 25 or so chars since it still takes a lot of work regardless.

I've been watching super recently (just finished Black arc) and I'm liking it a ton, I do hope they add some of those forms and fighters for sure.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/890026109898817540

DBZ beta signups are on! Need JP psn to get in as the USA ones were delayed for next month.

New trailer!

Considering 18 and Bulma's outfits, it looks like the story takes place during Super. Going to be interesting to see how they make Android 16 relevant in that case considering how far some characters have come since the Cell saga.

Also, the only character missing from my main team so far is Adult Gohan. Got Piccolo and 18!

Based on footage on twitter, Android 16's self destruct is an instant kill slow grab that puts him at 1 hp but makes his life recoverable blue health. Very interesting/powerful char concept, he'll be scary.

edit: Go here for beta signups
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-closed-beta-application
(atm the site has crashed due to high traffic but it should be up again hopefully lol, the hype is REAL)

So the game is apparently penciled in for February? That's close enough to keep attention and far enough to not give me any real strain.

Right, sometime in Feb is the release date. It just so happens that my birthday is in that month too so I couldn't ask for a better gift! :D

Looking forward to this game a lot have signed up for the beta but dont expect to get in (if I did it would be the first ever). It looks great and seems like it will be very fun it also has Injustice style stage transitions as people are calling them only not crap here (although to be fair I2s were ok).

Im still waiting for Chichi (adult version). I know her inclusion is unlikely but I would still like to see her in this game. I also look forward to seeing the story if they do indeed have a story mode as Arc do tend to do good ones even if tbh the slow build can leave some games a bit boring in that department but at least the pay off is always worth it. Even better maybe Akira Toriyama will write a story for the game but I am not sure if he is even involved.

Maximum Bert:
Looking forward to this game a lot have signed up for the beta but dont expect to get in (if I did it would be the first ever). It looks great and seems like it will be very fun it also has Injustice style stage transitions as people are calling them only not crap here (although to be fair I2s were ok).

Im still waiting for Chichi (adult version). I know her inclusion is unlikely but I would still like to see her in this game. I also look forward to seeing the story if they do indeed have a story mode as Arc do tend to do good ones even if tbh the slow build can leave some games a bit boring in that department but at least the pay off is always worth it. Even better maybe Akira Toriyama will write a story for the game but I am not sure if he is even involved.

The big difference is that here you can only transition during a killing blow which means that the transition replaced the intro where the next combatant comes in and clashes with your point char, so it doesn't actually slow down the tempo of the fight for 20 seconds like in Injustice.

Beta keys are being sent out, keep an eye on your emails!

It's one game in, and I'm already getting tired of this bull.

Over a Month ago, Dragon Ball FighterZ producer Tomoko Hiroki had this to say about plans for a Switch Release:

"In regards to the Switch version, we couldn't really say about the situation," Hiroki began. "However, what we do know is we would like our Switch users to focus on our first Switch title: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

"After the release of Xenoverse 2 on Switch, then we will start to consider whether we should have Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch."

Basically, we already know you desperately want it, but we want to cash in on our old game first. So we're going to use it as a pay wall before we 'invest time into porting' Fighterz.

I put 'invest time into porting' in quotes because we all it can be done. They know the interest is there due to the large petition Hiroki and team knows about. But that just puts them in a position to make more money from Switch owners by forcing all of us interested in Dragon Ball Fighterz to purchase Xenoverse so they know we're "Serious".

This is becoming a disgusting trend with developers. Let's hold what you want for ransom. We'll make switch owners pay twice. Once for a game they don't give a crap about, and again full price for the game they actually want to play.

ObsidianJones:

Over a Month ago, Dragon Ball FighterZ producer Tomoko Hiroki had this to say about plans for a Switch Release:

"In regards to the Switch version, we couldn't really say about the situation," Hiroki began. "However, what we do know is we would like our Switch users to focus on our first Switch title: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

"After the release of Xenoverse 2 on Switch, then we will start to consider whether we should have Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch."

Basically, we already know you desperately want it, but we want to cash in on our old game first. So we're going to use it as a pay wall before we 'invest time into porting' Fighterz.

I put 'invest time into porting' in quotes because we all it can be done. They know the interest is there due to the large petition Hiroki and team knows about. But that just puts them in a position to make more money from Switch owners by forcing all of us interested in Dragon Ball Fighterz to purchase Xenoverse so they know we're "Serious".

This is becoming a disgusting trend with developers. Let's hold what you want for ransom. We'll make switch owners pay twice. Once for a game they don't give a crap about, and again full price for the game they actually want to play.

I think they just don't wanna put the game on the system because it's a fighting game and fighting games traditionally do terrible on nintendo systems but they're holding off their denial to not alienate people. Even TvC which is my fav versus game ended up dying in obscurity due to being on the wii. It did far worse than SFxT did lol.

I don't think they'll ever port it on the switch, so you don't have to worry about paying twice.

Dreiko:

ObsidianJones:

I think they just don't wanna put the game on the system because it's a fighting game and fighting games traditionally do terrible on nintendo systems but they're holding off their denial to not alienate people. Even TvC which is my fav versus game ended up dying in obscurity due to being on the wii. It did far worse than SFxT did lol.

I don't think they'll ever port it on the switch, so you don't have to worry about paying twice.

I want to respect our differences but your argument is dumb.

There is also already an arcade stick for Switch and I agree TvC being locked to Wii was dumb.

3V3? Eh...I don't know.

I like the 1v1 or 2v2 but 3v3 or more feels excessive.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here