E3 2017 thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ezekiel:
I don't like any of Samus' designs. The suit looked better in the old 2D games, when you could barely make it out. I'd have them replace it.

This design you mean?

This is straight from the concept art of Super Metroid.

Unless you actually liked the Original NES one:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:
I don't like any of Samus' designs. The suit looked better in the old 2D games, when you could barely make it out. I'd have them replace it.

This design you mean?

imagehttp://www.metroid-database.com/features/samus_trans.png[/im]

imagehttp://68.media.tumblr.com/7bd4b2b65d878c6502d6ab57afc2efce/tumblr_noswvsJqBE1tqyfuro1_1280.png[/mg]

Why are you showing me artwork? I said 2D and "barely make out." That's not what it looks like in the games. The modern designs are based off those, which is the problem. They're all bad.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

This design you mean?

imagehttp://68.media.tumblr.com/7bd4b2b65d878c6502d6ab57afc2efce/tumblr_noswvsJqBE1tqyfuro1_1280.png[/mg]

Why are you showing me artwork? I said 2D and "barely make out." That's not what it looks like in the games. The modern designs are based off those, which is the problem. They're all bad.

So you like THIS Sprite design?!

Chiming in, I prefer the Other M design to Prime's. In the 2D games, Samus was an agile blighter - jumping, flipping, climbing, etc. Her armour in the 2D games and Other M makes such agility believable. Her Prime armour is far too bulky IMO. I mean, it's accurate to Prime's gameplay, where I felt like a walking tank, but I didn't like such gameplay in either Prime or Hunters, so...

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

This design you mean?

This looks fine. The graphics were so simple that nobody cared. As soon as the graphics got better, it became obvious how ugly the design is.

I also agree with Hawki that she's way too bulky.

Hawki:
Chiming in, I prefer the Other M design to Prime's. In the 2D games, Samus was an agile blighter - jumping, flipping, climbing, etc. Her armour in the 2D games and Other M makes such agility believable. Her Prime armour is far too bulky IMO. I mean, it's accurate to Prime's gameplay, where I felt like a walking tank, but I didn't like such gameplay in either Prime or Hunters, so...

I didn't like the controls and handling either. Metroid should be in third person and Samus should be more agile. I would also remove auto-aim from Metroid Prime 4.

Hawki:

I like the Bulky look, I hate that everything in Sci Fi has to look Slim and Slender like an Apple Product now.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

This looks fine. The graphics were so simple that nobody cared. As soon as the graphics got better, it became obvious how ugly the design is.

How does Metroid Prime look ugly?! Come on man?

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

imagehttps://r.mprd.se/media/images/35792-Super_Metroid_(Europe)_(En,Fr,De)-10.jpg[/mg]

What the...? I didn't say Prime is ugly. The suit is ugly.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

imagehttps://r.mprd.se/media/images/35792-Super_Metroid_(Europe)_(En,Fr,De)-10.jpg[/mg]

The Suit IS Metroid Prime. Without the suit its not Metroid at all.

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

If you say so. But it must be a pretty shallow series then.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

You said you only made it like 25% of them game and than stopped because you got bored.

I am noticing a theme with you that you jsut don't like 3D games or at least 3D Nintendo, you said you don't like 3D Mario Games and now you tell me you never beaten Metroid Prime games because it bores you.

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

You said you only made it like 25% of them game and than stopped because you got bored.

I am noticing a theme with you that you jsut don't like 3D games or at least 3D Nintendo, you said you don't like 3D Mario Games and now you tell me you never beaten Metroid Prime games because it bores you.

I think I made it a lot farther than a quarter in my three playthroughs. But what's your point? Also, I prefer Zelda in 3D. I like Mario 64, but the Mario games aren't as good in 3D.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

I think I made it a lot farther than a quarter in my three playthroughs. But what's your point? Also, I prefer Zelda in 3D. I like Mario 64, but the Mario games aren't as good in 3D.

In your playthrough of Metroid Prime 1, did you stop at that part where you had to collect the Artifacts to get to the final area of the game?

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

In your playthrough of Metroid Prime 1, did you stop at that part where you had to collect the Artifacts to get to the final area of the game?

I seem to remember having to collect a bunch of something on my very first playthrough, over a decade ago. I guess I didn't make it as far when I played it more recently.

Ezekiel:

Samtemdo8:

Ezekiel:

I seem to remember having to collect a bunch of something on my very first playthrough, over a decade ago. I guess I didn't make it as far when I played it more recently.

Its usually at that part where people stops Playing Metroid Prime because finding the artifacts is essentiall a collectathon of finding the Needle in the Haystack. Fortunantly we live in the day of Youtube showing us exactly where to go find it.

Samtemdo8:

Hawki:

I like the Bulky look, I hate that everything in Sci Fi has to look Slim and Slender like an Apple Product now.

How to describe my thoughts on the original RoboCop next to the 2014 remake.

Samtemdo8:

Now...as opposed to when? Also, things can slimmer and slender as technology progresses, so it makes sense that aesthetics would as well.

But as for Samus's suit, I'm fine with the Prime version aesthetically (even if I prefer Other M), but the suit, and Prime as a whole, represent a disconnect from the 2D Metroids, where Samus was far more agile. Can you imagine her doing flips and whatnot in that armour?

Hawki:
Can you imagine her doing flips and whatnot in that armour?

considering shes like a 6'5" foot tall human alien hybrid

sure

then you factor in the idea that her suit is a powered exoskeleton and well...yeah

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here