Metro Exodus Announced!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

MHR:
HOW can people hate on a crossbow? [...]The hellsing was annoying,[...] something about it was always so difficult to use.

I'm been replaying the Kshatriya level, and I think I know why people hate the crossbow, and it's not because...

Poetic Nova:
... it looks too refined compared to the rest of the aesthetics.

The problem is that it is too convenient. Metro's game feel is that of inconvenience. The clearest example: You have to refill your flashlight by hand. It could easily just refilled by itself, but no, that's to convenient.

Goliath100:

MHR:
HOW can people hate on a crossbow? [...]The hellsing was annoying,[...] something about it was always so difficult to use.

I'm been replaying the Kshatriya level, and I think I know why people hate the crossbow, and it's not because...

Poetic Nova:

The problem is that it is too convenient. Metro's game feel is that of inconvenience. The clearest example: You have to refill your flashlight by hand. It could easily just refilled by itself, but no, that's to convenient.

That is true. I would still call it an aesthetic thing. Inconvenient is a part of the aesthetic. Most of the more memorable weapons have some kind of inconvenient feature. The bastard overheats, the aspult only holds one round, the scrambler needs to be cocked in the middle of a reload.

nomotog:
I would still call it an aesthetic thing.

I did consider the use of "Gameplay Aesthetic", but I think it's the same as Game Feel.

Chimpzy:

Here Comes Tomorrow:
As soon as I saw the crossbow I lost what little hype I had.

You sure it wasn't when Artyom took off his gas mask? Above ground?

Also, 'gameplay' trailer, my ass it is.

That is canon to Metro 2035 the book, effectively. He was in Volgograd in the trailer, outskirts. It isnt as irradiated.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

B-Cell:

Here Comes Tomorrow:

I don't think anyone is hating on it, I just think that most of us know that Last Light was tiptoeing the line between greatness and mediocrity and we're worried that Exodus's straying from the path of what made the previous games good might make it slip off the edge into mediocrity or even worse, terribleness. Only B-Cell is blindly hailing it as the greatest game before we've even seen any real gameplay.

Honestly I think it might be good if 4A make an attempt at emergent gameplay. If it's just Artyom exploring a wasteland by himself I think it'll be incredibly boring.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/14/metro-exodus-pitch-makes-it-sound-a-bit-like-a-modern-s-t-a-l-k-e-r/

even developers now confirmed that its not fully open world. its not far cry but more in the line of STALKER. thats what I was talking about.

I didn't even mention the open world stuff.

And just being a Ukranian semi-open world game isn't what made STALKER a good game. I'd explain more but you won't listen because it's pretty clear that you think open world + Russia + Radiation = STALKER 2

Most Americans think that is all it takes... they dont even know the difference between Ukraine and Russia.

Zhukov:
OMG OMG OMG IT LOOKS ALMOST AS GOOD AS QUANTUM BREAK AND PREY!

THAT 100% SCRIPTED CINEMATIC NON-GAMEPLAY HAS ME TOTALLY SOLD! EVEN THOUGH THE LAST GAME WAS DULL ENOUGH THAT I FORGOT TO FINISH IT!

It looks better from a graphics standpoint. Prey is a fairly ugly game.

Dr.Susse:
Awwwwww yeah.

While I loved the books way more than the games. The Metro setting gets me every time.
Hopefully there's a Russian language with subtitles option. Hogans Hero's type Russians always took a little away from the story for me.

All logical sane people prefer the books over the games. Always.

Goliath100:

MHR:

Poetic Nova:

The Helsing is more powerful than a crossbow. Its more convenient than a crossbow.

Can't tell much about the game from that scripted trailer other than the obvious - it's now an open world shooter. So it's going to be something like STALKER mixed with some Far Cry. It may not be a bad thing. But it's hard to be excited when I didn't like the other two games AT ALL.

Charcharo:
That is canon to Metro 2035 the book, effectively. He was in Volgograd in the trailer, outskirts. It isnt as irradiated.

Oh, ok. I've only read the first book and played the games, both of which tell you that 'surface air = death', so I was under the assumption that still applied, or rather, is universal.

Chimpzy:

Charcharo:

Oh, ok. I've only read the first book and played the games, both of which tell you that 'surface air = death', so I was under the assumption that still applied, or rather, is universal.

It still applies but it depends where they are. Not all of Russia has been AS affected by the Nukes and Bio-Weapons. So some places are actually ALMOST clean, others are an utter hellhole like Moscow.

My hopes for Exodus is that it will be the good version of No Man's Sky. I see that as a very likely possibility. The only thing that makes me question it is that the marketding would definitely be mentioned.

Been waiting for you.

Charcharo:
The Hellsing is more powerful than a crossbow. Its more convenient than a crossbow.

In real life I'll agree on it being more convinient. But, most players will say that the more actions needed for proper use, the more inconvinient it is.

Goliath100:
My hopes for Exodus is that it will be the good version of No Man's Sky. I see that as a very likely possibility. The only thing that makes me question it is that the marketding would definitely be mentioned.

Been waiting for you.

Charcharo:
The Hellsing is more powerful than a crossbow. Its more convenient than a crossbow.

In real life I'll agree on it being more convinient. But, most players will say that the more actions needed for proper use, the more inconvinient it is.

What kind of gamer are they if they dont see the power in absolute alpha and better burst DPM with just 2 more actions required???

I mean its literally a completely better weapon, the Helsing, in Metro than a crossbow. Sure you gotta pump it, big deal. The firepower means almost all engagements will be over fast with it. Unlike the Crossbow which is objectively worse...

If someone says the crossbow is better, take their gamer badge away. The only balancing I can see is special ammunition, but that by default negates these weapons as it will be expensive and inferior to normal guns...

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here