Nintendo Switch has sold 4.7 Million units to date.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Yoshi178:

Avnger:

You're letting your biases fill in blanks without any evidence to support your assumptions over any other hypothesis.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/28/capcom-planning-boost-support-nintendo-switch-titles/

here's my evidence. where's yours? you know, your evidence about people only buying street fighter II because they're desperate and have nothing else to play on it?

oh and what's this?

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/1/16075038/resident-evil-revelations-revelations-2-nintendo-switch-ps4-xbox-one-release-date

BAM! 2 more Capcom games confirmed coming to Switch

And neither of those links has anything to do with why Ultra Street Fighter II sold well. Congratulations on finding links to random websites on the internet, I guess? I'll requote my post below this text, so that you won't forget again what I was talking about.

And my proof is basic economics 101. Like you can literally look it up on wikipedia if you need to. Differing demand means a producer can sell at different prices in different markets. The Switch one costs $40 which could be a result of higher demand due to a lack of games consumers want. The PSN one costs $10 which could be a result of lower demand due to a plethora of games consumers want. I'm not saying this scenario is necessarily true, but at least it's underpinned by basic economic theory instead of yours which relies on wishful thinking.

edit: Also note that a higher price tag means Capcom makes more money off each individual unit sold. That means that fewer sales are needed to bring in whatever profit margin they are calling successful.

Avnger:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Street Fighter II is $10 on PSN...

that just makes it even more impressive that Capcom was able to sell a crapload of a $40 physical version of it on the Switch then. i mean after all, nobody gives a crap about the Switch or Nintendo apparently...

That reasoning is faulty.

It could be the case that Switch owners are desperate enough to get new games that they're willing to pay a jacked up price. On the other hand, the PSN price would reflect the fact that Ultra Street Fighter II has to compete with so many other titles that they need to have the price at $10 to sell well.

You're letting your biases fill in blanks without any evidence to support your assumptions over any other hypothesis.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
oh and what's this?

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/1/16075038/resident-evil-revelations-revelations-2-nintendo-switch-ps4-xbox-one-release-date

Really?!?! LAST-gen games on a NEW system is something to celebrate? That's just a remaster/port. That's like saying a PS4 is totally worth it because of TLOU/Uncharted/Skyrim/Bioshock/GTAV/etc remasters.

Ports of a shitty 2012 handheld game and its sequel! Switch is going places fast.

Thanks to the OP for again proving that while all fanboys are trash, Nintendo fanboys certainly seem to be the ones most detached from reality.

Remember kids: the baseline you are arguing against is that Nintendo can never do any wrong. Tailor your arguments accordingly. Or, better yet, don't bother.

Johnny Novgorod:

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
oh and what's this?

Really?!?! LAST-gen games on a NEW system is something to celebrate? That's just a remaster/port. That's like saying a PS4 is totally worth it because of TLOU/Uncharted/Skyrim/Bioshock/GTAV/etc remasters.

Ports of a shitty 2012 handheld game and its sequel! Switch is going places fast.

i didn't know Resident Evil Revelations 2 was also a 2012 handheld game now?
oh wait. it's not. just like rocket league, that only came out 2 years ago.

oh and btw, if Resident Revelations on 3DS so shitty. i wonder why Xbox and Playstation wanted it for themselves in the first place? it was originally an exclusive after all...

Phoenixmgs:
That's like saying a PS4 is totally worth it because of TLOU/GTAV etc remasters.

it's funny because that's exactly what people were saying about the Remasterstation 4 in it's launch year.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:
That's like saying a PS4 is totally worth it because of TLOU/GTAV etc remasters.

it's funny because that's exactly what people were saying about the Remasterstation 4 in it's launch year.

Yeah, but you're saying it in the opposite way. You're bragging/celebrating about remasters, look how much Capcom loves us with remasters of a 3DS game and a 25-year old game for $40. Whereas everyone was complaining about remasters on PS4/Xbone. I very much doubt the Switch will see as good of a lineup in its entire lifespan that the PS4 just saw from November of last year until now, we just got Shadow Tactics and Pyre. The Switch can't even get a Supergiant game. And PS4 gets better portable ports than even the Switch, we got the Danganronpa and Zero Escape (which are DS games lol) series.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Yeah, but you're saying it in the opposite way. You're bragging/celebrating about remasters, look how much Capcom loves us with remasters of a 3DS game and a 25-year old game for $40. Whereas everyone was complaining about remasters on PS4/Xbone. I very much doubt the Switch will see as good of a lineup in its entire lifespan that the PS4 just saw from November of last year until now, we just got Shadow Tactics and Pyre. The Switch can't even get a Supergiant game. And PS4 gets better portable ports than even the Switch, we got the Danganronpa and Zero Escape (which are DS games lol) series.

pretty sure people have non stop been crying about not having things like Overwatch coming to Switch. Overwatch is over a year old.

why have so many people been bitching about that if nobody wants these multiplatform "ports"? oh i get it. Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Rocket league are just the wrong ports. people wanted something like Overwatch more despite the fact that Overwatch is also an old game.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

You're bragging/celebrating about remasters.

Because that's all the Switch is getting dawg.
Well, most of it.

Phoenixmgs:
You're bragging/celebrating about remasters

actually i was bragging about how Nintendo proved you all completely wrong with Switch not being a flop and managing to be a big success in sales despite people like you saying it would never sell. now that it has sold, you're just moving on to crapping on it's 3rd Party support just because it didn't flop like you all wanted it to so badly on this forum for some reason.

hence the name of this thread title. "Switch has SOLD 4.7 Million units to date."

Yoshi178:
pretty sure people have non stop been crying about not having things like Overwatch not coming to Switch. Overwatch is over a year old.

why have so many people been bitching about that if nobody wants these multiplatform "ports"? oh i get it. Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Rocket league are just the wrong ports. people wanted something like Overwatch more despite the fact that Overwatch is also an old game.

People rather have new games that they might not have played vs old games they either played already or we're never interested in them to begin with. Rocket League seems to be a fun game every system should have according to friends as I've never played it myself. But Rocket League compared to Overwatch is a big difference in popularity. If there was a poll for Switch owners (or any platform's owners) asking if they rather have Overwatch or Rocket League, I think the results would be a blowout in favor of Overwatch. It's like the difference between Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma in popularity. Speaking of Dragon's Dogma; if Capcom is so dedicated to the Switch, why not bring over Dragon's Dogma? Instead of, you know, a 25-year old fighting game and a 3DS game?

People want CURRENT-GEN ports, you know, NEW games. What PS4/Xbone/PC gamer has complained that they got the latest game that released? What they have complained about is getting remasters of OLD games instead of NEW games. That's why the Wii U getting Batman Arkham City or Mass Effect 3 failed hard. Whereas Nintendo announcing that the Wii U would get Batman Arkham Knight the same day as every other platform would've been completely different. However, that didn't happen because the Wii U was too underpowered to play it much like the Switch is too underpowered to play current-gen AAA releases.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
pretty sure people have non stop been crying about not having things like Overwatch not coming to Switch. Overwatch is over a year old.

People rather have new games that they might not have played vs old games they either played already or we're never interested in them to begin with. Rocket League seems to be a fun game every system should have according to friends as I've never played it myself. But Rocket League compared to Overwatch is a big difference in popularity. If there was a poll for Switch owners (or any platform's owners) asking if they rather have Overwatch or Rocket League, I think the results would be a blowout in favor of Overwatch. It's like the difference between Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma in popularity. Speaking of Dragon's Dogma; if Capcom is so dedicated to the Switch, why not bring over Dragon's Dogma? Instead of, you know, a 25-year old fighting game and a 3DS game?

People want CURRENT-GEN ports, you know, NEW games. What PS4/Xbone/PC gamer has complained that they got the latest game that released? What they have complained about is getting remasters of OLD games instead of NEW games. That's why the Wii U getting Batman Arkham City or Mass Effect 3 failed hard. Whereas Nintendo announcing that the Wii U would get Batman Arkham Knight the same day as every other platform would've been completely different. However, that didn't happen because the Wii U was too underpowered to play it much like the Switch is too underpowered to play current-gen AAA releases.

overwatch isn't new. it came out literally a year ago. it's not current. Everyone has already played it.

like i said. you're just hating on Rocket League, Sonic Forces and WWE 2K18 because they aren't the 3rd Party support YOU want.

Sonic Forces, FIFA 18 and WWE 2k18 are more current than bloody Overwatch.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:
You're bragging/celebrating about remasters

and actually i was bragging about how Nintendo proved you all completely wrong with Switch not being a flop and managing to be a big success in sales despite people like you saying it would never sell. now that it has sold, you're just moving on to crapping on it's 3rd Party support just because it didn't flop like you all wanted it to so badly on this forum for some reason

Lol, you're delusional. I don't care if the Switch sells as good as the Wii or sells as bad as the Wii U. Regardless of how well it sells, Nintendo is off on their own island doing their own thing. If I run out of games to play on "the mainland", I'll consider checking out Nintendo's island but that hasn't happened yet. Nintendo's systems are failures because they don't get enough games regardless of how well (Wii) they sell. It's all about the games, not the hardware or brand loyalty. I've bought PlayStations because of the games, not because they sold the most or I like Sony more than Nintendo or Microsoft.

Yoshi178:
overwatch isn't new. it came out literally a year ago. it's not current. Everyone has already played it.

like i said. you're just hating on Rocket League, Sonic Forces and WWE 2K18 because they aren't the 3rd Party support YOU want.

Overwatch is a current-gen game and far more current than the majority of ports the Switch is getting. And, btw, I'd prefer Rocket League (even though I haven't played it yet) over Overwatch as I hated the beta I played of Overwatch, I played 2 matches and deleted it. I bought and played Battleborn instead as I liked it much more. That's the great thing about getting all the games, I can choose basically any game to play vs hoping to get such and such game and being mad that my console got Overwatch instead of say Prey or Battleborn or Dishonored 2 (games that I like). That's why Nintendo consoles are secondary systems.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Overwatch is a current-gen game and far more current than the majority of ports the Switch is getting. And, btw, I'd prefer Rocket League (even though I haven't played it yet) over Overwatch as I hated the beta I played of Overwatch, I played 2 matches and deleted it. I bought and played Battleborn instead as I liked it much more. That's the great thing about getting all the games, I can choose basically any game to play vs hoping to get such and such game and being mad that my console got Overwatch instead of say Prey or Battleborn or Dishonored 2 (games that I like). That's why Nintendo consoles are secondary systems.

so is Rocket league. you're fobbing off Rocket League like it's nothing because it came out 2 years ago.

Overwatch came out over a year ago which makes it only a tiny bit more current than Rocket League.

if you're going to completely disregard Rocket League, then stop complaining about Switch not having things like Overwatch too because guess what? Overwatch is also an old game everyones already played. Sonic Forces, WWE2K 18 and FIFA 18 are all more current than both Overwatch AND Rocket League.

that goes for things like Battleborn and Dishonered 2 as well. those are also old games everyones already played.

Yoshi178:
so is Rocket league. you're fobbing off Rocket League like it's nothing because it came out 2 years ago.

Overwatch came out over a year ago which makes it only a tiny bit more current than Rocket League.

if you're going to completely disregard Rocket League, then stop complaining about Switch not having things like Overwatch too because guess what? Overwatch is also an old game everyones already played. Sonic Forces, WWE2K 18 and FIFA 18 are all more current than both Overwatch AND Rocket League.

that goes for things like Battleborn and Dishonered 2 as well. those are also old games everyones already played.

I'm not disregarding Rocket League, I'm disregarding getting a few games (Rocket League, FIFA, Sonic, WWE) and acting like that's some accomplishment over getting all the games. Shadow Tactics and Pyre literally just came out, can I get those on the Switch? Nope. That's the problem. Literally the only games I can't get now are Nintendo 1st party games, that's it. The games Switch owners can't get is a much much much much longer list.

Phoenixmgs:
I'm disregarding getting a few games (Rocket League, FIFA, Sonic, WWE) and acting like that's some accomplishment over getting all the games.

it's a much bigger accomplishment than getting pretty much nothing at all like the Wii U got in terms of 3rd Party.

you just won't be satisfied and will keep complaining until you get EVERY 3rd Party game you want.

like i said. what Switch currently has is much better than getting absolutely nothing in terms of 3rd Party support like what Wii U had. baby steps. Nintendo still needs to gain devs trust back first. You're never going to go straight from getting nothing at all to getting EVERYTHING immediately like you want. you're just being too impatient.

Yoshi178:
[quote="Phoenixmgs" post="663.999917.24078641"]it's a much bigger accomplishment than getting pretty much nothing at all like the Wii U got in terms of 3rd Party.

you just won't be satisfied and will keep complaining until you get EVERY 3rd Party game you want.

like i said. what Switch currently has is much better than getting absolutely nothing in terms of 3rd Party support like what Wii U had. baby steps. Nintendo still needs to gain devs trust back first. You're never going to go straight from getting nothing at all to getting EVERYTHING immediately like you want. you're just being too impatient.

Every other platform gets everything immediately...

Wii U got some decent support early on when it was on par power-wise with the current systems (PS3/360) because it's much easier to port games if the system you're porting to has about the same or greater power. Then, a year later PS4/Xbone came out, which gamers, developers, and Nintendo all knew. Developers were already making games for "next-gen" when the Wii U came out. There was a steep steep drop off in support after Wii U's 1st year because of that alone.

It's not rocket science to get 3rd party support. Microsoft did it with their 1st console. The 1st step is to put out a piece of hardware on par with the current generation. Nintendo has failed 3 times in a row with Step 1. The Wii sold more than PS3 and 360, and got no 3rd party support because they made a Gamecube with motion controls instead of a next-gen system like everyone else.

Nintendo has shown over and over they are not interested in getting such support to gamers and developers, they have carved out their little market and make money, they are content. Why do you think anything is going to change when Nintendo doesn't change? A system is only as good as its library, and the Switch is going to have a standard post-Gamecube Nintendo system library.

Here's exactly how it was Nintendo's fault that the Wii U got no support. Even if Nintendo literally does everything they can possibly do to get support for the Switch, the support just won't and literally can't be there because Nintendo failed Step 1 again.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
[quote="Phoenixmgs" post="663.999917.24078641"]it's a much bigger accomplishment than getting pretty much nothing at all like the Wii U got in terms of 3rd Party.

not true.

Xbox One didn't get Rocket League until 2016 while PS4 had it in 2015.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

not true.

Really? I'll fix it for you then...

Phoenixmgs:
Every other platform GENERALLY gets everything immediately while Nintendo's console GENERALLY gets nothing... (as in not getting over 90% of the games)

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

not true.

Phoenixmgs:
Every other platform GENERALLY gets everything immediately while Nintendo's console GENERALLY gets nothing... (as in not getting over 90% of the games)

There's also a bunch of other "Timed Exclusives" people whinged and moaned about like COD, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Destiny content, etc.

stuff all comes but it doesn't come to every platform immediately like you say it does.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
not true.

Phoenixmgs:

There's also a bunch of other "Timed Exclusives" people whinged and moaned about like COD, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Destiny content, etc.

stuff all comes but it doesn't come to every platform immediately like you say it does.

Did the Switch/Wii U/Wii ever get any of those?

That's his point.

edit: Ninty fans will be lucky to get those games two console generations from now, if they ever do.

Avnger:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Did the Switch/Wii U/Wii ever get any of those?

That's his point.

edit: Ninty fans will be lucky to get those games two console generations from now, if they ever do.

The Switch is getting WWE 2K18, FIFA 18 and Sonic Forces is mine. that's already 3 games thanks

oh and FYI. Wii U did get COD games

oh and what's this? Dragon Quest Builders 2 is also coming to Switch? as well as Dragon Quest 11 which already got announced of course

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/08/06/dragon-quest-builders-2-has-been-revealed-for-switch/

those current enough for you?

Yoshi178:

It's about quantity...

What a stupendous failure at gloating this thread has been. It's like watching a guy running around in a sinking ship trying to cover every leak by crying NUH-UH, NUH-UH!

Johnny Novgorod:
What a stupendous failure at gloating this thread has been. It's like watching a guy running around in a sinking ship trying to cover every leak by crying NUH-UH, NUH-UH!

and what exactly have you contributed to this discussion other than throwing petty insults about me?

oh right nothing as usual.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

It's about quantity...

is it? just a second a go it was about quality and those other games weren't good enough for you because alot of them were ports of old games. if it's about quantity then

Dragon Quest II
Dragon Quest Builders 2
WWE 2K 18
FIFA 18
Lego Worlds
Sonic Mania
Sonic Force's
Rocket League

when exactly is enough?. oh right, you won't be satisfied and will keep complaining about the library until you get LITERALLY EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW won't you?

better start complaining about how Xbox One isn't getting Dragon Quest but Switch is btw...

Yoshi178:
when exactly is enough?. oh right, you won't be satisfied and will keep complaining about the library until you get LITERALLY EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW won't you?

Why should I buy Product D when Products A,B,C get GENERALLY every game and Product D gets maybe 10%?

The fact that you have to list the games the Switch gets says it all. With the 3 other platforms, you list the games they don't get because that's a far shorter list.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Why should I buy Product D when Products A,B,C get GENERALLY every game and Product D gets maybe 10%?

i don't know. maybe because you want more 3rd Party games on Switch and Nintendo platforms in general? support stuff like Dragon Quest 11 and DQ Builders 2 and it's more likely that Square will want to keep making dragon games for Switch.

if you don't support them and just go "YEAH BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THIS THIS AND THIS" well guess what? Square probably won't keep making games for it because you didn't support them in the first place.

like i said earlier. money talks. no money for the company means no games for you.

That's cool.

Be nice if I could actually fucking find one where I don't have to pay a hundred dollars above the asking price.

erttheking:
That's cool.

Be nice if I could actually fucking find one where I don't have to pay a hundred dollars above the asking price.

just import it. not hard.

there are shitloads of Switches you could ship over from Australia if you wanted to.

Yoshi178:

erttheking:
That's cool.

there are shitloads of Switches you could ship over from Australia if you wanted to.

Can I do that and get it for three hundred US dollars?

erttheking:

Yoshi178:

erttheking:
That's cool.

Can I do that and get it for three hundred US dollars?

probably not when you include postage costs but hey, you're lucky it even gets sold for $300 over in the US in the first place. it sells for $469 at the standard RRP over here in Australia.

it always makes me laugh when Americans complain about how much their videogames cost. you guys have it much cheaper than the rest of the world. either pay the postage costs and import one or just be patient and wait to find one in store. i did see news stories about Gamestop recently getting restocked over in the US.

hell both the holiday season and Mario Odyssey is coming up which means Nintendo is bound to do an even larger restock of systems in a month or 2

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

i don't know. maybe because you want more 3rd Party games on Switch and Nintendo platforms in general? support stuff like Dragon Quest 11 and DQ Builders 2 and it's more likely that Square will want to keep making dragon games for Switch.

if you don't support them and just go "YEAH BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THIS THIS AND THIS" well guess what? Square probably won't keep making games for it because you didn't support them in the first place.

like i said earlier. money talks. no money for the company means no games for you.

I detailed why the Switch won't get support already and it has nothing to do with buying the few 3rd party games it gets. Buying DQ11 isn't going to get Squeenix to put FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Switch because the Switch just can't play them, that's the problem. The problem is Nintendo releasing shit hardware that literally can't play the games. Maybe if all you Nintendo fanboys stop supporting Nintendo, they will release a real console or stop making hardware so everyone can enjoy their franchises. You're right, money does talk and it's currently telling Nintendo to keep doing what they're doing.

I've come to realize that it's almost required someone give a trigger warning whenever Nintendo is mentioned. It's like there's an unusual amount of people who got bullied by a Gamecube as children

Anyway, the system has been off to a good start ever since launch and at this rate it's likely to hit close to 10 million by the year's end. My only concern is for next year as the launch year has thus far given the system BotW, MK8 Deluxe, Arms, and Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2, Pokken DX, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey are still slated for this year. My worry is that the first party lineup will be thin for next year, but if they build enough of a base I guess it could barely matter.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here