do you think double fine will produce psychonauts 2?
yes
19.1% (26)
19.1% (26)
no
45.6% (62)
45.6% (62)
maybe
30.9% (42)
30.9% (42)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: psychonauts 2?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

do you think double fine will produce psychonauts 2?

Do i think they will? maybe
Do i think they should? Hells yes

It should, but I don't think they'll be able to. Funding, and all that.

Hope not. :P

Not cause Psychonauts is bad but cause I dont want to see Tim Schafer produce sequels after sequels.

A man can dream...

Well, they are named "Double Fine..."
I'd think they'd have to, to live up to their name. Isn't anything else false advertising?

I hope they do, but I don't think they will...

That would be awesome. However, seeing as Psychonauts 1 was released more than a few years ago, why would they make a sequel now?

irishstormtrooper:
That would be awesome. However, seeing as Psychonauts 1 was released more than a few years ago, why would they make a sequel now?

A few years doesn't seem to stop sequels these days in movies, Rocky etc... Why not games?...

And on topic, I hope they don't make another one, the first one was awesome enough.

I'm not sure if they should. I mean, they'd have to start us weak, which leaves two undesirable options:

1)Don't play as Raz. I don't like this, as Raz was awesome.

2)Have something happen at the beginning to weaken Raz. I don't like it, it's too cliche.

I certainly hope they make a Psychonauts 2.

Psychonauts 2 would be welcome in my collection :)

There are 2 possible scenarios:

1) You play as a different character, new kid in Psy-Camp. Story has something to do with Raz, Raz appears later in the game as an NPC (a co-op boss battle maybe?)

2) You play as Raz, all grown up and working for a government as an elite Psyker. Story is something that makes you travel world wide (looking for a powerful psyker villain who plans to do something or other?). Some old friends from the camp make cameo appearance throughout the game (You work together with Boris[the guy who talks about wrestling bears for fun] when you're on a mission in Russia).

I would personally prefer the option 2.

oh god yes
pyshconauts was one of my favorite last-gen games
and unlike bioshock i think it should have a sequel

Show me a publisher who'd be willing to finance it. Majesco lost a ton of money on Psychonauts.

Hate to say it. But there is pretty much no chance that Tim Schafer is going to be doing a Psychonauts 2. Sorry.

runtheplacered:
Hate to say it. But there is pretty much no chance that Tim Schafer is going to be doing a Psychonauts 2. Sorry.

Well that certainly would convince anyone, I especially love all the details and lack of self-righteous "I'm smarter than you" flavour in there.

apsham:

runtheplacered:

Well that certainly would convince anyone, I especially love all the details and lack of self-righteous "I'm smarter than you" flavour in there.

I think that was whatever voice you chose to use in your head as you read it. I'm definitely not smarter then this fictitious "you" that you mentioned. All I said was that there wouldn't be a sequel. What could possibly be your problem with that?

The sequel hasn't been announced, the first game was a financial failure (which I assumed most of you knew), and Tim is on to different projects. What about that sounds like we should be expecting a part 2? Did I really have to explain all that to you?

Self-righteous? Give me a break. Sorry somebody apparently pissed in your coffee.

Great things don't need sequels, sequels will usally disappoint.

Will they? Maybe. Should they? Of course. Especially because first part's ending was clearly a sequel hook,for whatever reason.

sanzo:
Do i think they will? maybe
Do i think they should? Hells God Damn Mother 3%$@%&$ yes

Fixed. And i agree.

SimuLord:
Show me a publisher who'd be willing to finance it. Majesco lost a ton of money on Psychonauts.

That was before it reached cult status. I'm quite sure Tim knows all about the legions of fans the game has without ever selling them any copies. I would be a bitch to convince some suit that a sequel to a game that tanked would make money. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't. He just has to find a publisher with fresh faces in the suits.

jesus christ, this would be a horrible idea. the whole fucking point of games like psychonaughts (and indeed, a large part of schafer's work) is that its a breath of fresh air.

Yes because if they do not I will butcher them and eat their babies.

I'd love it but no way in heck, the first one failed in sales far too hard.

I haven't played the first one, but from what I've heard of it, its excellent and I hope they make more. I want to play it ASAP.

We should first get the third part of the Longest Journey. Seriously, will that game ever come?

more jumping on the "yahtzee is god" bandwagon
unless you have actually played and liked pyschonauts, in which ignore the previous statement
OT:
probably should
probably won't

Only if he makes a sequel to Grim Fandango first.

Was the first good? Yes! Would I like to have another adventure in that universe? You better believe it. Should they do a sequel? NO! If Tim Schafer starts doing sequels I for one am punching out.

No, probably not. Although they set the game up for a sequel in the last scene to such an extent that they mind as well have had a splash screen for Psychnauts 2.

I believe Psychonauts is owned by Majesco? If so then it's unlikely there will ever be a sequel.

And good riddance, I say. Other than the humor, is there anything to recommend that game? Not really. The gameplay was subpar in every way and the overall story was not even very original.

Some games deserve to fail.

Arayis:

irishstormtrooper:

A few years doesn't seem to stop sequels these days in movies, Rocky etc... Why not games?...

And on topic, I hope they don't make another one, the first one was awesome enough.

Years doesn't stop games either *ahem* Starcraft 2 *Ahem* Diablo 3 *Ahem*

Yeah, i was watching a thing on Tim and he said he doesn't really want to keep doing the same things or... "I have so many random ideas, whats the point of doing a sequel." but yes, i would love another game like that from him.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked