Every bit of DLC and extra content - including Undead Nightmare - are loaded onto one fancy disc.
The Escapist's 2010 Game of the Year selection Red Dead Redemption is an excellent specimen - the first truly Western game that delivered the three cornerstones of fun gameplay, compelling story and beautiful visuals. Other than World of Warcraft and Civ V, I probably spent more time riding around New Austin last year than I did with any other game. Because I was such a fan, I was intrigued with the seemingly endless schedule of content that Rockstar San Diego released for the game, but due to time and monetary contraints, I didn't buy and play all of them. Now money isn't as much of a problem because Rockstar announced a new Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption that includes every single bit of content ever made for it - all for $50 - coming out on October 11 for PS3 and Xbox 360.
"We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western," said Sam Houser from Rockstar. "We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption's vision of the West resonated with so many people."
Here's the full list of everything you get:
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
- Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
- Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
- Solomon's Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
I've been meaning to get back into Red Dead but I lent my copy to Slycne to capture footage for the next Miracle of Sound video. This GOTY edition might be the perfect way to experience all the stuff the Western paradise of New Austin had to offer. Plus that hardcore difficulty might be a fun challenge.